2009 CTG Fantasy Baseball League I

As far as payouts i think it should be something like:

1st: 600
2nd: 300
3rd: 200
Reg season champ: 100

As for the draft, I think it should be as close to the season as possible...especially with the WBC this year and the potential for injuries to big time guys...and as for day and time...im good pretty much any time except Wednesday nights

I'm fine with this. I'd maybe like to eliminate the 3rd place prize and add 100 for reg season winner and 1st.

what the hell is this? already full up? and the people from last year don't get a PM or nothing?

that's real fair:whip:

IMO we let the guys who were in the league last year get 1st dibs on if they want to continue with the league this year. If they don't then open it up...

I may be unable to draft 3/20-3/29, I have some tentative plans to travel that week, it's a bit up in the air. Should know pretty soon. I realize those are some prime draft days on the calendar, so will understand if I'm out of luck.

Week nights actually work best for me. If I'm not mistaken, didn't this league have a late night (9:00 or 10:00) week night draft last season? Season doesn't start until April 8 (Easter Sunday), that first week of April leading up to the season would be my preference. Good and late.

what the hell is this? already full up? and the people from last year don't get a PM or nothing?

that's real fair:whip:

A couple of things here plus on the PM you sent...

1) I didn't keep track of who was in the league last year and only probably know/remember about 5-6 of the guys in the league last year. So I'm not gonna send out a bunch of emails/PMs when this was posted for about a week for signups.

2) We don't do this with football and those leagues are 4 times more popular then baseball.

3) And seeing how your being an ass to me about this. You do know that we have the transaction limit in place this year because of you? Also do you plan on thinking of dropping your entire team again if you get beat in the playoffs fucking up the entire playoffs? That is horseshit.

4) If someone drops out of the league you'll be the first in but just know the new rule changes are in place and don't even think about dropping your entire team if you lose in the playoffs.

:shake:

maybe once the playoffs start, teams that dont make it should be locked from making any roster moves?

Also after they get eliminated, maybe lock the rosters then too?

A couple of things here plus on the PM you sent...

1) I didn't keep track of who was in the league last year and only probably know/remember about 5-6 of the guys in the league last year. So I'm not gonna send out a bunch of emails/PMs when this was posted for about a week for signups.

2) We don't do this with football and those leagues are 4 times more popular then baseball.

3) And seeing how your being an ass to me about this. You do know that we have the transaction limit in place this year because of you? Also do you plan on thinking of dropping your entire team again if you get beat in the playoffs fucking up the entire playoffs? That is horseshit.

4) If someone drops out of the league you'll be the first in but just know the new rule changes are in place and don't even think about dropping your entire team if you lose in the playoffs.

1) <table class="teamtable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><thead><tr><th class="first">Team Name</th> <th>Manager</th> <th>Email</th> <th class="num">Waiver Priority</th> <th class="num">Moves</th> <th class="num last">Trades</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">100r 27hr 98rbi 10sb</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">12</td><td class="num">353</td> <td class="num last">4</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">Client #10</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">7</td><td class="num">33</td> <td class="num last">4</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">College King Rexies</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">11</td><td class="num">168</td> <td class="num last">3</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">Hawaiiguy's Foolios</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>--hidden--</td><td class="num">9</td><td class="num">31</td> <td class="num last">2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">SHSUHorns</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">10</td><td class="num">128</td> <td class="num last">1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">Signalcaller</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">4</td><td class="num">132</td> <td class="num last">6</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">Smokedawgs</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">2</td><td class="num">36</td> <td class="num last">1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">The Munson's</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">5</td><td class="num">25</td> <td class="num last">2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">The Outsiders</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">3</td><td class="num">84</td> <td class="num last">6</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">Triple Play</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">6</td><td class="num">15</td> <td class="num last">0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td class="first">Yank's Cupcakes</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor *</td><td>
</td><td class="num">1</td><td class="num">36</td> <td class="num last">3</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td class="first">tipyerbartender</td><td class="user-id">A Yahoo! Contributor</td><td>
</td><td class="num">
</td><td class="num">165</td> <td class="num last">2</td></tr></tbody></table>

2) What does Fantasy Football have to do with this MLB league?

3) OKAY! I get it, I'm a piece of shit and you hate me for my borderline unlimited trades. It wasn't a rule and there was no limit and I didn't win so I really don't see who it hurt in the long run other than me.

I've been blocked from this league so you don't have to worry about it anyways. No trade rules needed.

4) I'll be holding my breath.

5) I sent this in a PM to you but since you didn't care to respond last time I've posted here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's go 14 teams so t/wreck can get in.

We did it the first year and I see no difference except it'll make it more competitive which I'm down with. It also adds more money to the pot.

Is everyone cool with a 14 team league?

If we go 14 teams, I dont think we can have all the roster spots we had last year

spreading the talent a little thin...

I'd be up for the 14 team league. Also agree with Smoke in regards to cutting down the positions. Then again that could add even more challenge...

Add to the challenge?!?!?

I had all the challenge I could handle when I was fighting it out for 11th place last year!!!

Im good with 14.

I feel much better with 14. Instead of a 1/12 chance of me finishing last, now its 1/14. Odds just improved:)

12 or 14, either is OK with me. My other league has gone with 14 teams for years, works pretty well, plenty of decent FA always emerge throughout the season.

Back to the earlier topic of the draft night date, can we explore dates prior to 3/20 and after 3/29, I'm going to be on the road, no laptop. (Season starts on Sunday 4/5, I screwed up my dates in my earlier post on this.)

I also may be gonzo on another weekend earlier in March for the auction for my other league, not sure which one. But most week nights will work for me. Am I out of luck here? Anyone up for a draft on a night leading up to the season, somewhere in the Monday 3/30 - Saturday 4/4 range? At least we'd be doing it nice and late.

I'm pretty much open any night. We have to remember though with possibly 14 teams this draft will take along time

this is true....but it is anyone on the westcoast?

4 pm on a work day isnt really fair to them if there is anyone out there

I said I am down for whenver except for the week we originally planned. I will be on spring break. I dont mind March 30th at whatever time

I would actually love to do it 3/30. I know for sure I can get off work that night since Mondays are so slow.

Dont know what Im doing next week much less a month from now.

Just set a date and I will work around it.

tide and t/wreck would make 14 teams. Monday 3/30 looks like the date boys. What would be a good time? 9ET for the west coast guys like yanks?

^^^

Looks good to me. I assume with 14 teams we are going to do without the MI and CI positions?

Question:

Last year Stat categories were as follows:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Is there an option to get points for Walks? Would that be stupid to have a category for BB?

^^^

Looks good to me. I assume with 14 teams we are going to do without the MI and CI positions?

Wouldn't it be better to just take out one (MI or CI) and not both?

I like the way we had it last year. Really dont want holds as a category

i think we should keep it 5x5

but if theres 14 teams, im in favor of getting rid of both the CI and MI positions

also are there gonna be DL spots?

Back