World Series Discussion Thread

Rangers have been consistently inconsistent this season. That has been the overriding theme. Bochy has said on more than one occasion that he's never seen anything like the streakiness in (almost) 50 years in the business. Obviously on the upside finishing off the Astros but who knows if that carries over to the WS. I think the one given that is in place, regardless, is the reliability of both Montgomery and Eovaldi. They've been nails in recent starts.

Will the Snakes be the loose team in this series vs. the favored Rangers? We've seen clearly in the latter stage of the two championship series that the loose team played better baseball.

No outcome will shock me in the series.

Last edited:
Looks like they made game one really freaking easy.

Eovaldi ov 15.5 outs
Gallen ov 15.5 outs

Love that plus money on gallen but perfectly fine laying -125 for Eovaldi also. I don’t see any sense screwing w side. +140 on snakes is super tempting tho, feel like it was closer to a coin flip. I have no idea who gonna win so that a pretty big number.

Haven't followed much. Great story but gotta think its going to be the lowest rated TV World Series ever.

It is pretty awful, Philly shoulda fired their manager after game 3, props to snakes tho,I never woulda thought they go back to Philly and win both, manager had nothing to do with those, it was just his fault the series even got that far.

Refs announced, not sure the rotation only that if Miller is out for g6 then he'd be behind the plate for g7

Rangers have been consistently inconsistent this season. That has been the overriding theme. Bochy has said on more than one occasion that he's never seen anything like the streakiness in (almost) 50 years in the business. Obviously on the upside finishing off the Astros but who knows if that carries over to the WS. I think the one given that is in place, regardless, is the reliability of both Montgomery and Eovaldi. They've been nails in recent starts.

Will the Snakes be the loose team in this series vs. the favored Rangers? We've seen clearly in the latter stage of the two championship series that the loose team played better baseball.

No outcome will shock me in the series.

Spot on. Which makes it very tough to ignore the value in the Snakes.

Apparent ump plate rotation

G1: Reyburn
G2: Wolcott
G3: Marquez
G4: Rackley
G5: Knight
G6: Carapazza
G7: Miller

Pfaadt ov 4.5 k’s -105

I like his out total as well but think that a little more iffy, if he pitches past 4 innings im super confident he fans 5+ anyways, I think he could hit this number even if he only pitches 4 so the k’s just makes more sense to me. Kid has fantastic shape to his pitches, the heater has great movement and when that sweeper working watch out. I had no idea coming in but anyone who can dominate Philly lineup 2x is a guy I’ll ride with.

The thing I’ve really noticed bout rangers lineup is these guys almost never expend the zone against fastballs, normally that a great trait but the way this kid throws his heater it looks like a ball then moves back over the plate, I could see him freezing a lot of hitters with that pitch as they be seeing it for 1st time! Then of course if the sweeper is on forget bout it!

Not feeling good about the Series now. Montgomery looked spent on Saturday night and Eovaldi wasn't himself Friday. Scherzer's been hit so hard of late. Experience is great but experience doesn't help your slider break when it's needed. But Rangers have obviously been lights out on the road in the playoffs, so we'll see.

Snakes are just a fun team to watch. Except when they're playing the team you're for...

Last edited:
Not feeling good about the Series now. Montgomery looked spent on Saturday night and Eovaldi wasn't himself Friday. Scherzer's been hit so hard of late. Experience is great but experience doesn't help your slider break when it's needed. But Rangers have obviously been lights out on the road in the playoffs, so we'll see.

Snakes are just a fun team to watch. Except when they're playing the team you're for...

I havnt looked at Eovaldi career but some guys do not like pitching in the zona dry air, I remember long long time ago there were a few cardinals pitchers who would talk bout it so if something I’ve tracked for the longest. Hopefully for ya’ll sake doesn’t bother him! Scherzer has had a mixed bag which leads me to think it not a big deal to him. Of course don’t think any of us have any idea wtf he gonna pitch like? I’m not sure he or his team know? Lol.

Im to the point im pretty dang confident in Pfaadt! He has proven it to me, and like I said above I think he could be a real problem for rangers with that heaters shape, I think they gonna take it expecting it to be a ball amd it gonna come back over plate amd catch them looking. This could very well be a situation where the fact rangers are excellent not chasing fastballs off the plate could work against them. I’m very interested in this. I’m dying to see him freeze one guy after another the 1st time thru lineup!!

Another thing rangers fans should feel good bout, ya’ll did game 1 what I thought Philly was gonna be able to do and got snakes pen! Also unlike Philly ya’ll don’t hang your hat on needing to win at home. I think we destined for this to be a 6-7 game series! I hope so anyways!

Ya’ll have some things I’d feel good bout. Grey looked like the dude he was way back when I was cashing his k props the 1st month or 2!! Did he get hurt? I been confused why he hasn’t played much a part all playoffs? He was hitting 95-97 mowing guys down gm 1! I dunno how long he can go at this point since I dunno why he hasn’t thrown many pitches for a month. The 25th of sept he pitched a dominant performance and then he vanished, what happened? Please tell me he got hurt? If not he woulda been my 3rd all playoffs! I’d think you could either keep using him as a middle inning weapon or maybe get a start out of him he goes 4-5 innings?

I expect this to be a back and 4th ordeal. If im a snakes fan I’m super worried bout all those damn walks Gallen had in game 1! Think they have to have a vintage Gallen game to win this series, I’d be surprised if Kelly was able to shut them down like he did again.

sorry bout that one guys, that was one the worst losses I’ve took in recent memory. It be easy to say the out prop was clearly better but it just very hard to trust what snakes will do when this kid pitches so I really don’t regret the decision. I was actually very shocked how far they let him pitch, I guess he has kinda earned his way into getting bout same treatment as Gallen and Kelly, I think it was the right move I just had no way of knowing it would be the case.

Fact of the matter is despite him not striking out anyone getting 6 quick outs, we still should have cashed, and I am saying this as in WE GOT STRAIGHT UP CHEATED OUT A STRIKE OUT!! Anyone happen to catch Lowe’s at bat in the 5th? Worst ball/strike call I ever seen on a 3-2 pitch. It wasn’t even boarder line or debatable, it caught the entire plate and was inexplicably called ball 4 on what was clearly strike out number 4!! Of course he punches out the next batter which should have paid the bills! I swear one day soon they will get rid of these incompetent turds and let some 18 year old with a iPad get every ball and strike correct!! Baseball makes all these stupid Ass changes to rules in some attempt to bring in more fans while they ignore the fact it very hard for anyone to buy into your product when we at home can see whether every pitch is a ball or strike yet you have some half blind nitwit making up his own strike zone!! It’s the most ridiculous thing in sports. Have the technology where we see exactly where every pitch is located but have some boob behind the plate guessing!! Amd again this wasn’t even some boarderline call, the entire ball was over the entire plate! It wasn’t on the edge, it wasn’t painted, it was entire ball crossing over entire plate when they showed the overhead view! How much longer can they let us see every call but let these umps make up their own strike zone??? Never in 30+ years have I felt so cheated by a ball/strike call!!

Even with that I was shocked snakes let our guy come back out for the 6th and pitch to seager, I didn’t think there was any chance they do that! He gets seager out and I thought here we go, I know he can fan garcia! Got that ducker 0-2 but couldn’t come up with the one pitch to put him away. Unfortunately he wasted the 1st 2 by totally overthrowing the sweeper so then it was 2-2, I begged for a high heater, he threw it but he didn’t quite elevate it enough as it caught top of zone and garcia fouled it off (2-3 inches higher it strike 3), then he broke off a very nice tight sweeper on the next 2-2 and it was a great take by garcia. 3-2 I was hoping he would elevate the heater but he snapped another one those tight sweepers just a few inches off the plate, good pitch but good take by Garcia to draw the walk and his night was over. Manager gave us more chances than I expected. Obviously I didn’t think he would go 2 innings without a strike out, that should have buried us but he got it going and for all intensive purposes he punched out 5 but only got credit for 4!!! Then had Garcia 0-2, had he been able to muster one the sweepers he threw on 2-2 or 3-2 I think Garcia prob swings but wasting balls 1 and 2 after getting ahead in count cost him, and he missed location on rhe 2-2 heater by just a few inches lower than he wanted, had that been above the zone it was strike 3 as well.

Anyways, lomg way of saying we lost but I think it was a good play: Always hate those, I prefer the ones I’m just flat out wrong that lose so badly it looks like I’m clueless! Those don’t bother me as much as losing the ones that I know were the right play!! Lol

I have no clue who pitching game 4? Lol. No offense to these teams but the fact one team has 3 starters (and snakes just figured the 3rd out in playoffs!) and the other 2.5 doesn’t exactly scream great WS! Lol. I guess Heaney for rangers? Maybe dunning after him? Dunning pitcher both games in texas tho? What other option they have? Feel like there next to no chance they let snakes bats get a 2nd crack at heaney, plus he pitched a little in gm 2, I have no clue wtf Bochey plan gonna be here but dude is the master, he got a damn shutout piecing it together gm 3! Has won several WS with basically 1 or 2 starters in San Fran!! The guy a magician!!

Are snakes really gonna try a entire open pen game like they did in gm 4 vs Philly? Or is Nelson gonna get a chance? The only time he has lurched these playoffs he came into the gm 2 blowout and got smashed, clearly that left a bad taste in snakes mouth as he ain’t pitched again! Lol. Still think I would at least give him a shot and see how it goes, if he looks awful you can then resort to the entire pen game. Or maybe use good pen guy in the 1st inning then come with Nelson, I’ve seen that work for some guys and that could help his nerves opposed to starting plus he could avoid top of lineup so they only be seeing him for 1st time after lineup turns.

One other thing. What In the living Fuck was walker doing trying to score w no outs in 2nd inning on Pham single? He doubles, Pham singles, you facing a old ass pitcher who hadn’t pitched more than a handful of innings all month and you make the 1st out of the inning at home? Way to bail him out of that inning! I swear I get more annoyed every day these fuckers ruined my WS by knocking off philly!! I guaran damn tee Philly wouldn’t have got shut out for 6 innings at home by scherzer and grey!! I had the playoffs in palm of my hands like I had the back to future Almanac then Phillies retarded manager blows 2 games and some freaking kid I still can’t pronounce his name bust Phillies up at home In game 7!! Ugh!! Same prick goes 5.1 tonight but doesn’t get me 1 strike out in 1st 2 innings, then gets screwed out of 1, then can’t finish last batter he had 0-2 to cash for me!!! I was super nice to snakes all year, why did they have to go and screw up everything!! Lol. I have no damn clue wtf the play is tonight either?!?!’!!

Last edited:
Sounds like Garcia is 50/50 for the rest of the Series pending MRI. Possible muscle tear. If he's gone Zeke Duran takes his spot. Bit of a drop off...

I'd be surprised if we see Scherzer again based upon what Verduci is saying this morning.

We'll see.

Sounds like Garcia is 50/50 for the rest of the Series pending MRI. Possible muscle tear. If he's gone Zeke Duran takes his spot. Bit of a drop off...

I'd be surprised if we see Scherzer again based upon what Verduci is saying this morning.

We'll see.

I’ll never understand wtf that clown 3rd base coach was doing waving walker home?? The tv clowns did a awful job also cause one of them said walker ran thru the stop sign and I was thinking wtf he doing, then they show replay and you see the dumb shit coach waving him like a maniac the entire time! Not unusual to see a manager fuck up a game or series (see the moron philly should have fired by now), not sure last time I recall a 3rd base coach totally botching a game!!

Yeah, that was abysmal. Cannon arm in right field and you have no outs. Absolutely no brainer that you run out to 3rd base if you have to to make sure he sees the stop sign up.

Yeah, that was abysmal. Cannon arm in right field and you have no outs. Absolutely no brainer that you run out to 3rd base if you have to to make sure he sees the stop sign up.

Wasn’t the 3rd base coach half way down the line frantically waving him around? That what I thought I saw! I don’t care if some cat out there who had Tommy John surgery a week ago, you still can’t run there!! If Eovaldi was pitching maybe I’d listen, I wouldn’t like it but I wouldn’t kill him for it. It was freaking washed up dude they nursing thru as many outs they can!! You just can’t give him a out.

I have absolutely no clue how the Fuck to make money on this game! This so frustrating after a couple weeks where there was one high percentage play after another,

I have absolutely no clue how the Fuck to make money on this game! This so frustrating after a couple weeks where there was one high percentage play after another,

oh man Heaney blows. I hate overs in WS but man hard to not consider...

oh man Heaney blows. I hate overs in WS but man hard to not consider..

I hate these fucking pen games. I dunno wtf I’m even capping?!!? Heaney ain’t gonna pitch more than 1-2 innings at most, I’m assuming dunning after him? But dunning has already pitched some this series so how long he going? Snakes going w fucking mantiply, last game he started they used like 9 freaking pitchers! I can’t even stomach watching this shit, as if normal games don’t have enough commercials tonight snakes Asshole manager will switch mid inning at least 3x!!! Part of me generally thinks when you use 7-8-9 pitchers one or 2 bound to not have it but the problem is it freaking hard on hitters to see a different pitcher every stinking at bat! Especially when they have certain pitchers they gonna make sure face the bats they fear most. Flip a freaking coin, this sucks I can’t afford to be screwing around not making money but there nothing I can point to and know it a strong play!

i think maybe we can come up w a hitter prop or 2 might be best available, gotta wait for lineups cause it should dictate a couple texas righties should get several at bats vs lefties. Just gotta wait and see how bochey wants to play it, I think he has a pretty good blueprint on wkat snakes gonna try and do w their pitchers so he neeeds to put a plan together, I’ll say this much for this goofy WS, the manager matchup is elite.

I saw Heaney out total is 9.5, seems pretty damn unlikely he goes more than 3 innings, under is pricey tho so gotta make sure I feel right bout this.

No one can figure out why Dunning isn't starting tonight. He was called, by Bochy, the team's MVP this year because of how well he pitched in a multitude of circumstances, filing several different roles. There must be some sort of injury issue.

Wasn’t the 3rd base coach half way down the line frantically waving him around? That what I thought I saw! I don’t care if some cat out there who had Tommy John surgery a week ago, you still can’t run there!! If Eovaldi was pitching maybe I’d listen, I wouldn’t like it but I wouldn’t kill him for it. It was freaking washed up dude they nursing thru as many outs they can!! You just can’t give him a out.

He was waving him initially, but then he did put up the stop sign. Walker wasn’t looking at him when he did, so he missed the stop sign and ran through it.

They interviewed Lovullo an inning or two later and he said that Walker owned up to running through the stop sign and then talked about how the entire team is accountable for their mistakes, etc.

No one can figure out why Dunning isn't starting tonight. He was called, by Bochy, the team's MVP this year because of how well he pitched in a multitude of circumstances, filing several different roles. There must be some sort of injury issue.

Didn’t he end up pitching a little in both games In texas? My guesses would be 1) bochey likes the idea of having him available to possibky deploy him in various spots for as many outs he needs him which might allow him to end up in several games, he might just do something similar w him like grey yesterday, he gives a huge contrast also. Or it could be that thing I often mention bout some pitchers not liking to pitch in the dry zona air,I havnt looked if he has ever pitched here. I will say think bochey has more than earned benefit of doubt

He was waving him initially, but then he did put up the stop sign. Walker wasn’t looking at him when he did, so he missed the stop sign and ran through it.

They interviewed Lovullo an inning or two later and he said that Walker owned up to running through the stop sign and then talked about how the entire team is accountable for their mistakes, etc.

Gotcha, thought I was losing my mind cause smioltz saying he ran thru stop sign but then I see replay and dude half way down 3rd base line waving him in before ball even got to outfield! Regardless who did what they all shoulda known better, and not that it even matters but he was out by a damn mile! Just makes the whole thing more silly.

Gotcha, thought I was losing my mind cause smioltz saying he ran thru stop sign but then I see replay and dude half way down 3rd base line waving him in before ball even got to outfield! Regardless who did what they all shoulda known better, and not that it even matters but he was out by a damn mile! Just makes the whole thing more silly.

Oh yeah, he was absolutely waving him for a while, but then put the stop sign up. They’re both kind of at fault imo, as the 3B coach waited a bit too long to throw up the stop sign, but that does happen from time to time…but Walker is also at fault as he wasn’t even really looking and had his head down. You HAVE to be looking at the 3B coach for that exact situation/scenario.

Oh yeah, he was absolutely waving him for a while, but then put the stop sign up. They’re both kind of at fault imo, as the 3B coach waited a bit too long to throw up the stop sign, but that does happen from time to time…but Walker is also at fault as he wasn’t even really looking and had his head down. You HAVE to be looking at the 3B coach for that exact situation/scenario.

Yea, he had no business going regardless! Total fuck up, 3b coach shoulda tackled his ass.!! Lol

Has to be. He had his moments for sure. Odd.

i think maybe we can come up w a hitter prop or 2 might be best available, gotta wait for lineups cause it should dictate a couple texas righties should get several at bats vs lefties. Just gotta wait and see how bochey wants to play it, I think he has a pretty good blueprint on wkat snakes gonna try and do w their pitchers so he neeeds to put a plan together, I’ll say this much for this goofy WS, the manager matchup is elite.

I saw Heaney out total is 9.5, seems pretty damn unlikely he goes more than 3 innings, under is pricey tho so gotta make sure I feel right bout this.
Gotta roll with the U9.5 outs. Still seeing -145 at DK. Think it should be closer to -190 or 200

Garver ov 1.5 h/r/rbi
Walker ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

All 2+ total bases

Marte
Walker
Semien
Garver

Heaney un 9.5 outs

Total home runs ov 2.5 +120

Back