World Series Discussion Thread

Eovaldi ov 15.5 outs (large)

Eovaldi ov 4.5 k’s

In this dude I trust, I’m little worried gallen is fatigued, I never seen him walk 4 guys like he did game 1 and now that they on cusp of elimination im afraid he will have a shorter leash tonight. On the other hand Eovaldi lives for these moments, w this lead bochey will trust him longer and I just expect him to be dominant vs a snakes lineup that ain’t exactly crushing it right now. He has a fantastic history in this park, all the starts were long ago but the important thing is he didn’t seem to mind the dry air at all. I think rangers close it out tonight as Eovaldi goes 6+ amd hands it over to the high leverage guys.

I really considered splitting w gallen also, for knows he been good to me especially at home but his last start concerned me way more than Eovaldi’ s did. He has pitched way more innings than ever before and way longer into a season,, and he facing the hottest team on the planet, I just worry he isn’t quite the same dude right now, that he might not be willing to come after hitters as aggressively, and again I think any sign of trouble he prob gets yanked. He might be great but I felt better putting all the money on Eovaldi.

Smaller plays

Seager 2+ bases
Semien 2+ bases
Carter 2+ bases
Marte ov 1.5 h/r/rbi
Man I’m still pissed about last night. Still think DBacks were right side. Too hard to overcome two lapses that lead to 5 run innings though. Of course the huge lead not only cost the DBacks but also Heaney - no way he was staying that long if not for 10 run lead

Not sure what Lovullo was doing last night with the pitching. With Ryne Nelson fully available, it seems he was a much better option than hit or miss Castro/Frias. Nelson on the heels of Manitply was a better option by far.

That first run scoring on the wild pitch was gigantic - it's a wild pitch but Moreno didn't exactly give a great effort on the pitch and four batters later, 5-0.

I said before the series shift to Phoenix that the DBacks just needed to get back to Texas and they had a shot. Still believe if they get back they can pull this off with Kelly and Pfaadt.

Man I’m still pissed about last night. Still think DBacks were right side. Too hard to overcome two lapses that lead to 5 run innings though. Of course the huge lead not only cost the DBacks but also Heaney - no way he was staying that long if not for 10 run lead

We were so close to running him before he got a put in 4th! If fuvkinb pham didn’t miss his pitch then stare at strike 3 pretty sure Heaney was sone it pham got on! Luckily I hit every hitter prop besides garver so it was prettty much w break even for me. If fucking garver woulda got me a double or 2 bases I woulda hit a super fat parlay, love when I lick out basically the only guy in lineup who doesn’t hit! Lol. I was so close to jung over him also, it was gonna be one those 2 righties sandwiched between lefties but took garver since he was higher up in lineup and I was sure he he a at bat vs mantiply, turned out duckers sent hm out a 2nd inning so jung got a at bat off him also! Had I known that I woulda went jung! Lol

Love the Rangers tonight (unbiased of course). Gallen is at 210 - 215 innings on the season and seems gassed. Expecting a big outing from Eovaldi.

Im pretty sure he threw 210 in reg season so he gotta be like closing in on 240-250 innings I think? I def thought he looked fatigued in gm 1. Maybe he can muster one more great start? He been a beast at home all year. I just trust Eovaldi more when it comes to the props. Another thing bout gallen that makes me wonder bout fatigue, his swinging strike and k rate way down in playoffs. I don’t really want to bet against him but I was perfectly happy unloading on Eovaldi outs and k’s

Im pretty sure he threw 210 in reg season so he gotta be like closing in on 240-250 innings I think? I def thought he looked fatigued in gm 1. Maybe he can muster one more great start? He been a beast at home all year. I just trust Eovaldi more when it comes to the props. Another thing bout gallen that makes me wonder bout fatigue, his swinging strike and k rate way down in playoffs. I don’t really want to bet against him but I was perfectly happy unloading on Eovaldi outs and k’s

I thought 215 was total but I'm sure you're right. Eovaldi was on the DL for 6 weeks so obviously doesn't have the same wear on his arm right now. (Two Tommy Johns be damned.)

I liked that the Snakes put up some runs late yesterday....makes me think they show some fight tonight and send this back to Arlington.

I thought 215 was total but I'm sure you're right. Eovaldi was on the DL for 6 weeks so obviously doesn't have the same wear on his arm right now. (Two Tommy Johns be damned.)

Oh I could def be wrong, I just took a quick glance this morning, I thought I was looking at just his reg season when I saw 210 but it coulda been including post also, I just know usually that site separates reg and post so I just assumed, you know what they say bout that! Either way this obviously the most and longest he has pitched in a season and there are def things I look at that point to being a real chance he feeling it! They said it certainly don’t mean he can’t muster 1 big game, or he could get ahold of that crazy shit they were taking during steroid era!! I remember hearing they had these things they could take that would spike their testosterone just for like a day! Think it was mostly used to help recover quicker, crazy stuff!! lol

I’ll say this much, rangers better put these guys away while they have Eovaldi going tonight cause I thought there was no damn way they were going to philly and winning both and we see who here!! Rangers ain’t nearly the home team philly was and I think snakes would have the starter edge in 6 and 7 if they could win tonight.

I liked that the Snakes put up some runs late yesterday....makes me think they show some fight tonight and send this back to Arlington.

I liked it cause it got most my props but let’s be real it was against dudes rangers won’t be using in close games, I’m not sure it means much, hitting those bums not the same as hitting Eovaldi, spores, Chapman, closer. Although it could be big they forced rangers closer into the game last night. Honestly I think it comes way more down to Gallen, I’m pretty confident Eovaldi gonna go 6 innings and hold them to a few runs, if gallen can match him for 5 I def think they have a shot. If rangers hit gallen and run him from game before he goes 5 innings ir game over imo.

That first run scoring on the wild pitch was gigantic - it's a wild pitch but Moreno didn't exactly give a great effort on the pitch and four batters later, 5-0.
It was the pitch hitting the front of the plate that caused all that, completely kicked it away from the block. Blame Castro much more than Moreno for the 5-0, guy has done nothing but lose games every time I've seen him pitch.

It was the pitch hitting the front of the plate that caused all that, completely kicked it away from the block. Blame Castro much more than Moreno for the 5-0, guy has done nothing but lose games every time I've seen him pitch.

Didn’t see it but I’d give Moreno a pass anyhow, im pretty sure he a monster piece of snakes success that doesn’t get talked about a lot or evough anyways. If memory serves me right when ya’ll went into that funk that almost put ya out of playoff picture Moreno was hurt I think? I think he does a fantastic job with the staff/calling games, has a freaking cannon to control base runners, and has a way better than avg bat for a catcher. How old is he? Not even 25 right?

Didn’t see it but I’d give Moreno a pass anyhow, im pretty sure he a monster piece of snakes success that doesn’t get talked about a lot or evough anyways. If memory serves me right when ya’ll went into that funk that almost put ya out of playoff picture Moreno was hurt I think? I think he does a fantastic job with the staff/calling games, has a freaking cannon to control base runners, and has a way better than avg bat for a catcher. How old is he? Not even 25 right?
He's 23, crazy the Snakes traded Varsho for him and Gurriel who just turned 30. Both big pieces but Moreno is a stud. Be between him and Realmuto for golden glove this season for sure. Lots to look forward to with Carroll under contract through 2030 and club option for 2031 as well. Young pitchers obviously getting good experience, just would have been nice to see Ryne Nelson actually get a start this postseason, obviously the relief last night was great but not like there was any pressure on him at that point. Castro pitching did all the damage that they needed.

If snakes are able to win tonight I think I’ll put a series bet on them. I really think Eovaldi slams the door, he has to be so pumped he in this spot to be the winning pitcher to clinch WS and we know how big time he is in the biggest spots. Gallen will have to muster a awesome game for snakes to win, I truly believe that cause I think Eovaldi is going 6+ with no more than 1-2 runs (if that). We know Gallen can do it, he been a beast at home all year, he just hasn’t been that guy in the playoffs, he has been good enough to give his team a chance in practically all his playoff starts but he hasn’t been the guy who should finish top 3-4 in Cy young voting in any of his playoff starts, again I think it just screams fatigue, it doesn’t appear the moment to big for him, it just seems like he battling cause his stuff isn’t as sharp it was all season. He deserves a lot of credit for being able to give his team so many innings despite not having his best stuff. Unfortunately for him I don’t think that be enough tonight, he gonna have to shut rangers down, even if he has to battle scratch and claw, and even if it just 5 innings I think he has to give snakes 5 innings and not allow more than 1-2 runs. Anything short of that and just don’t think they can win

Reactions: KJ
If snakes are able to win tonight I think I’ll put a series bet on them. I really think Eovaldi slams the door, he has to be so pumped he in this spot to be the winning pitcher to clinch WS and we know how big time he is in the biggest spots. Gallen will have to muster a awesome game for snakes to win, I truly believe that cause I think Eovaldi is going 6+ with no more than 1-2 runs (if that). We know Gallen can do it, he been a beast at home all year, he just hasn’t been that guy in the playoffs, he has been good enough to give his team a chance in practically all his playoff starts but he hasn’t been the guy who should finish top 3-4 in Cy young voting in any of his playoff starts, again I think it just screams fatigue, it doesn’t appear the moment to big for him, it just seems like he battling cause his stuff isn’t as sharp it was all season. He deserves a lot of credit for being able to give his team so many innings despite not having his best stuff. Unfortunately for him I don’t think that be enough tonight, he gonna have to shut rangers down, even if he has to battle scratch and claw, and even if it just 5 innings I think he has to give snakes 5 innings and not allow more than 1-2 runs. Anything short of that and just don’t think they can win

Are you going OUTS with big Nate?

He's 23, crazy the Snakes traded Varsho for him and Gurriel who just turned 30. Both big pieces but Moreno is a stud. Be between him and Realmuto for golden glove this season for sure. Lots to look forward to with Carroll under contract through 2030 and club option for 2031 as well. Young pitchers obviously getting good experience, just would have been nice to see Ryne Nelson actually get a start this postseason, obviously the relief last night was great but not like there was any pressure on him at that point. Castro pitching did all the damage that they needed.

You fuckers shouldn’t even be here and I should be rolling around in money on my bed from Philly!!! Lol, The future is so so bright, they coulda just gracefully bowed out and lost one in Philly, nobody woulda blamed them!!!! Next year I’d been all boot it being their turn! Lol.

How did they get Marte and how much control he have? He has proven to be a big time bright lights performer! Mfer has gotten a hit in every playoff game!

Everyone acted like they didn’t do enough at trade deadline but not only did the fix the pen but I thought bringing Pham on was a great move, pham just one them dudes you want on your team and a guy im sure the younger guys fed off! Always pissed me off cards got rid of him, they portrayed him as a malcontent cause he didn’t like lot of things bout management, things he was totally right bout! That dude went thru a lot to make it, not sure the exact story but I know it turned out he had some kind of Vision problems and once that was discovered and fixed he took off.

They need to do something bout Longoria spot! I dunno if they have someone coming up the pipeline or what but that dude shouldn’t be in a championship lineup!

I’d def be happy to be a snakes fan! Matter fact I might become one since cardinals are gonna be bad for the next decade!!

I still think rangers better win this game tonight, if snakes pull this one out I’ll be making a series play on them! I think Eovaldi slams the door and I’m just not sure gallen has anything left but they better finish them now! Im pretty much indifferent I just wanna cash my Eovaldi plays, after that I’d actually like ya’ll to pull it out cause think there be some money to be made!

Eovaldi ov 15.5 outs (large)

Eovaldi ov 4.5 k’s

In this dude I trust, I’m little worried gallen is fatigued, I never seen him walk 4 guys like he did game 1 and now that they on cusp of elimination im afraid he will have a shorter leash tonight. On the other hand Eovaldi lives for these moments, w this lead bochey will trust him longer and I just expect him to be dominant vs a snakes lineup that ain’t exactly crushing it right now. He has a fantastic history in this park, all the starts were long ago but the important thing is he didn’t seem to mind the dry air at all. I think rangers close it out tonight as Eovaldi goes 6+ amd hands it over to the high leverage guys.

See it now...

Both 15.5. Gallen +104 Caesars and Nate -113 @.

I considered splitting but decided to put it all in Eovaldi. Just so many signs that Gallen is fatigued and considering the spot we know the hook will be much quicker than normal for him. Eovaldi should have a longer leash and I just think gm1 was a one off, he still fanned 8 that game, no bad signs that concern me for him, I’m super confident he pitches great tonight. I think gallen gonna have to battle and I don’t really think they will push him past 5 unless he looks better than he has in any playoff start which seems unlikely.

If you like rangers I think I’d go ahead and play the -1.5, I don’t see it being close if rangers win, that kinda been their mo all year actually. If it a 1 run game I think snakes will get that run off Chapman or leclerc who has pitched every game in zona. Rangers need this to be a beat down which I think could very well happen.

Not sure what Lovullo was doing last night with the pitching. With Ryne Nelson fully available, it seems he was a much better option than hit or miss Castro/Frias. Nelson on the heels of Manitply was a better option by far.

I said before the series shift to Phoenix that the DBacks just needed to get back to Texas and they had a shot. Still believe if they get back they can pull this off with Kelly and Pfaadt.

I find it so odd Nelson has never really gotten a chance all playoffs. If you recall one the games Philly crushed them in Philly they brought him in after game was decided, like a soft entry into playoff baseball maybe? He proceeded to get smashed, think Philly scored 3/4 off him and he didn’t even make it thru a entire inning. I guess that was his test run and he failed, lol. Not sure I agree w that strategy but seeing how he been a ghost since that game im assuming the manager decided right then he wasn’t a option.

the only thing I don’t love bout Eovaldi plays is I assume the roof opened again. Of course you gotta make contact for the ball to carry!! That might be a much bigger issue for Gallen who is not getting a lot of k’s in playoffs!

damn, I was hoping the total home run prop be lower tonight w these pitchers, kinda tough to play over 2.5 with these guys when I barely cashed yesterday with bunch of bums pitching!! Lol. The +165 is a little tempting just cause roof open. Eovaldi isn’t immune to giving up a solo blast from time to time but only 3 all playoffs! I want to play this but it really tough considering it same number as yesterday game we had bums on mound!

With Garcia out I find it especially interesting to see Lovullo still pitching to Seager. Guessing he doesn't tonight.

Not sure if there is a prop on Seager walks.

With Garcia out I find it especially interesting to see Lovullo still pitching to Seager. Guessing he doesn't tonight.

Not sure if there is a prop on Seager walks.

Kinda thought bout this after playing seager ov 1.5 bases. This could def be a issue! Hopefully Semien gets on base in front of him. Also, while I agree it be crazy to let him beat them can you really tell your ace to intentionally walk a guy? I dunno how that goes over? Don’t think I’ve ever seen guy come up w your ace on mound in 1st-3rd inning w nobody on base and they say walk him!! That can’t be good for Gallen mentally which I’m not sure he in a great place as is! Obviously later in game if it close they putting him on, just not sure they do that early?

Seager is +100, lowe and Carter both +105. Everyone else is like +145 or higher. I totally get the seager price, I guess Carter and lowe have pretty high walk rates? Never paid much attention to this stat.

Nasty Nate 4-0...i would rather take a shot at rangers closing the door tonight then snakes crawling back in it...semien is coming around and timing is everything

Seager to intentionally walk would likely mean it would have to be a close game late going on the theories you've mentioned above, which I pretty much agree with.

Rangers have been consistently inconsistent this season. That has been the overriding theme. Bochy has said on more than one occasion that he's never seen anything like the streakiness in (almost) 50 years in the business. Obviously on the upside finishing off the Astros but who knows if that carries over to the WS. I think the one given that is in place, regardless, is the reliability of both Montgomery and Eovaldi. They've been nails in recent starts.

Will the Snakes be the loose team in this series vs. the favored Rangers? We've seen clearly in the latter stage of the two championship series that the loose team played better baseball.

No outcome will shock me in the series.
Eovaldi on the mound tonight. Road-win streak in effect. I’m playing Rangers, only question is how big?

One other thing. What In the living Fuck was walker doing trying to score w no outs in 2nd inning on Pham single? He doubles, Pham singles, you facing a old ass pitcher who hadn’t pitched more than a handful of innings all month and you make the 1st out of the inning at home? Way to bail him out of that inning! I swear I get more annoyed every day these fuckers ruined my WS by knocking off philly!! I guaran damn tee Philly wouldn’t have got shut out for 6 innings at home by scherzer and grey!! I had the playoffs in palm of my hands like I had the back to future Almanac then Phillies retarded manager blows 2 games and some freaking kid I still can’t pronounce his name bust Phillies up at home In game 7!! Ugh!! Same prick goes 5.1 tonight but doesn’t get me 1 strike out in 1st 2 innings, then gets screwed out of 1, then can’t finish last batter he had 0-2 to cash for me!!! I was super nice to snakes all year, why did they have to go and screw up everything!! Lol. I have no damn clue wtf the play is tonight either?!?!’!!
I was taught to never make the first or third out at third base, which implies it’s okay at home. Expressio unius est exclusio alterius, and all that.

Seems like a lot of love for Texas to close out tonight. Hasn't been a great post season for me but I think Gallen has a decent outing and the snakes takes their last home game. Could be completely wrong and it wouldn't hurt one bit as I'm numb to the MLB losing post season. lol

Snakes -1 +135 2u
Snakes -110 3u

Snakes ML / Akron ML / Mil Bucks ML +486 1u

GL tonite gents.

I was taught to never make the first or third out at third base, which implies it’s okay at home. Expressio unius est exclusio alterius, and all that.

I was always told never make 1st out on bases period but seeing how I’m not a rule guy and I live in the Grey world for me it like this, every situation different, if that happened tonight and Eovaldi pitching maybe you could convince me to give it a shot, maybe, prob not with the slowest damn runner on team but maybe. When you facing a old ass dude who hadn’t pitched more than few innings in months I think you gotta make him get the outs!

Wife says Texas 8-4. Daughter says 9-5. Son says 6-5. I said 4-2. Where did that come from???

Seems like a lot of love for Texas to close out tonight. Hasn't been a great post season for me but I think Gallen has a decent outing and the snakes takes their last home game. Could be completely wrong and it wouldn't hurt one bit as I'm numb to the MLB losing post season. lol

Snakes -1 +135 2u
Snakes -110 3u

Snakes ML / Akron ML / Mil Bucks ML +486 1u

GL tonite gents.

I hope you right cause there more money to be made if this series goes longer! Just let me get Eovaldi. If gallen great I’m fine w that. I just couldn’t bet him

Back