World Series Discussion Thread

I wonder what woulda happened if snakes brought ginkel in after Carter double? I think I woulda yanked galken before the run

I was always told never make 1st out on bases period but seeing how I’m not a rule guy and I live in the Grey world for me it like this, every situation different, if that happened tonight and Eovaldi pitching maybe you could convince me to give it a shot, maybe, prob not with the slowest damn runner on team but maybe. When you facing a old ass dude who hadn’t pitched more than few innings in months I think you gotta make him get the outs!

Never make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd. That’s the common, basic baseball rule.

Making the 1st out at 3rd is pointless because you’ll at least have a runner in scoring position with nobody out, and you’re possibly tanking a big inning by making an out there. You can score a guy from 2nd with nobody out without even getting a hit as well, so not only possibly killing a big inning, you’re maybe squandering any chance.

You don’t want to make the 3rd out at third because you at least have a guy in scoring position and a hit scores him. You’d still need a hit to score him from 3rd anyway with 2 out (outside of a wild pitch which isn’t something you factor for, obviously) so it’s an absolute waste to try to get to 3rd with 2 outs already.

When there’s 1 out though, and the same scenario comes up, it make sense to try to take 3rd. If you’re successful, you can score on a simple sac fly. That’s the reason you’d attempt it there and not with 2 outs.

Back