WNBA Tuesday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
So...I looked ahead a few days.

Any reason not to take

Fever -anything at the Lynx after Minny took a drubbing by Chicago?
Also...
SacQ @ Phoenix Over Anything?

The Phoenix squad seems to be trying to outdo themselves every damned game...

I'm projecting the line for Indiana to be at -8.

With that said, it should be interesting since Minnesota has yet to win a game and if they can't prove anything to themselves here, then they might as well call it a year and pack their bags. The thing is, they are having problems finding ways to just put up over 70 pts... Indiana, on the contrary, hasn't been under 80 yet. If you just look at the matchups on paper, this should be another Indiana blowout, but there is something here that goes beyond that. Minnesota off a loss playing the second straight home game against Indiana off a big win at home against a good team and now coming on the road. To top things off, this is a revenge game for Minnesota since they lost the opener at Indiana. I think I may stay away from it in the end, but I need to see if there is any value when the actual line comes out. There is no doubt that Indiana is the much stronger team, but I have already seen the Storm and the Sun lose to the Stars, and Detroit won by only 10 at home against this Minnesota team, so anything can happen... I think I'll wait.

still looking at the others for Tuesday.

Indiana at home is -9 and you project a -8 for this one on the road?

that seems a tad off kilter...

I was thinking it wold be more like -2 or -3 and bet up to -5.

heh...

-2 or -3??... no way!...

if that happens, I will really consider pounding the shit out of Indiana...

When these teams met, it was opening day and nobody knew what to expect. Indiana was a top 5 team.. maybe even as low as top 6 in some rankings.... Minnesota was ranked in the bottom half for sure, but nobody had expected them to look this messy... In fact, many predicted this Minnesota team to be in the running for most improved... but their new coach Don Zierden hasn't shown me shit...

Right now at this point, Indiana is a top 3 team and Minnesota has to be drop dead last.... I would not expect this line to be under 6 points at all... Sacramento was -5 at Minny where Minny lost by 10 and then they lost again at home to a Chicago team that should have been an easy win since they were favored by 7... I would expect Minnesota to be ranked dead last to second from that in every power ranking in the world... if anyone has them higher than that at this point, something is wrong..

I still expect right around the -8 and if it is that high, then I may take Minnesota at home in the rematch, otherwise, I need to see how much it's off... but -2 or -3??.. No Way... this team imo is ranked better than Sacramento right now.... I would be shocked.

btw.. as a side note, I've been trying to figure out the other two games as well..

I have Houston figured at -1 @ home against SA...

and Sacramento @ Phoenix at 'pick'...

I am leaning Houston and PHO at home right now, but I'll wait for the actual lines..

;)

btw Red... good thread.... glad to see you got things up early...

cheers.gif

oh!

how about Fever -5.5 at the Greek...? everywhere else has 6. You were much closer to right than I!

heh.

Phoenix over at 165

I like except for the monarch's recent play. I would expect them to score more, but I'm not sure I'm THAT interested in speculation there. Perhaps a Suckramento Team Total is the way to go...Sacramento trends point to under. Phoenix trends point to over. Phoenix doesn't play defense. Seems like over to me. But better than 85-80 strikes me as a tough pill to swallow.

However, there is this sort of thing:
Mercury are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games.
Mercury are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall.

Phoenix at -1ish might be a good way to go...

looks like the line caught us in the middle red...

also noticed the other lines went against my leans by a point...

oh well.. right now, I'm leaning HOU, PHO, and MIN.

However, there is this sort of thing:
Mercury are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games.
Mercury are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall.

Phoenix at -1ish might be a good way to go...

as well as this sort of thing:

Phoenix is 9-0 ATS after a blowout win by 15 points or more over the last 3 seasons...

Phoenix is 12-4 ATS after playing a game as favorite over the last 2 seasons...

;)

Back