why ...

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
does everybody hate chicago sports?

first my bears? and now my bulls?

please tell me someone sees teh bulls not getting swept in this series on the top homecourt in the east?

rasheed is already spewing his weak trash talk.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Pistons' Wallace on Bulls: 'They're happy to be here'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
DETROIT (AP) — Rasheed Wallace and the Detroit Pistons respect Chicago, particularly after the Bulls swept Miami, and expect the upcoming series to be competitive.
Wallace, however, likes Detroit's mind-set over Chicago's entering the matchup.
"I think they're happy to be here," he said. "We're on a mission to go ahead and win it."
Game 1 in the Eastern Conference semifinal is Saturday at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
The Bulls have advanced in the playoffs for the first time since 1998, when Michael Jordan led them to their sixth title.

Detroit has assumed its usual position by making it to the second round for the sixth straight year, and seems to be highly motivated to at least reach the NBA finals for the third time in four years. The playoff-tested Pistons are coming off their first series sweep since the Bad Boys era, disposing of the Orlando Magic with four businesslike wins.
Extra motivation isn't necessary, but ex-Piston Ben Wallace will provide it.
Wallace was wooed away by Chicago as a free agent 10 months ago with a four-year, $60 million deal. That was $10 million more than Detroit was willing to pay the four-time defensive player of the year and the cornerstone of the franchise's turnaround.
The night before his only game this season at The Palace of Auburn Hills, Wallace had dinner with some Pistons and went to their locker room to joke around after the game.
Rasheed Wallace said his friendship with Ben Wallace is bigger than the game, but quickly added there will be "no love" for him during the best-of-seven series.
"It's different from the regular season," he said. "Before and after the game, it's all chummy, but once you (are) between the lines on that 94 feet, there ain't no friends."
During his six seasons with the Pistons, Ben Wallace's popularity in Michigan as a sports figure was rivaled only by that of the Detroit Red Wings' Steve Yzerman.
He was just what the Pistons needed when they acquired him and Chucky Atkins from Orlando before the 2000-01 season in a sign-and-trade deal for Grant Hill, and his blue-collar game fit in seamlessly in the Motor City.
Wallace helped Detroit advance in the playoffs in 2002 — for the first time since 1991 — and get to the conference finals in 2003, then win a title and reach the finals the next two years. The Pistons won an NBA-high and franchise-record 64 games last season, then lost to the eventual champion Heat in the conference finals.
After playing a regular season plus four playoff games in Chicago, Wallace sees a lot of similarities between the teams.
"I think the biggest thing is unselfish play," he said. "Guys are not going to try to take over games themselves. They'll defer to their teammates."
The Pistons tried to make up for the loss of Wallace by signing free agent center Nazr Mohammed. When it was clear Mohammed wasn't going to pan out, five-time All-Star Chris Webber was added in January for about $650,000 after he was cut by Philadelphia.
Webber added a new dimension with his shooting and passing, allowing the Detroit offense to play five-on-five for the first time in years because Wallace was only a factor on offense if a teammate missed a shot.
Webber averaged 11.3 points, 6.7 rebounds and three assists in 43 regular-season games and scored in double figures in each game against the Magic.
Wallace grabbed 10.7 rebounds and blocked two shots a game during the regular season, the lowest averages in his defining categories since he played for Orlando. But he was effective against Miami, averaging nearly double digits in points and rebounds and made an uncharacteristic 7-of-8 free throws in Game 4 against the Heat.
The matchup of small forwards — Detroit's Tayshaun Prince and Chicago's Luol Deng— could be the pivotal factor in the series, but much of the focus will be on the centers even if one of them resists it.
"The series is not about me and Ben," Webber said.
It won't be about the Bad Boys-Bulls rivalry, either, but that didn't stop Webber from reminiscing.
Detroit and Chicago met in four straight postseasons, with the Pistons winning the first three before Jordan and Co. broke through in 1991 en route to their first of six titles.
"I just remember the Pistons winning," said Webber, a Detroit native. "And I remember the end, when Chicago finally beat the Pistons and how we walked off the court."

I feel for you Brewer!!! I got the Bears in the last Superbowl and man that first touchdown scored in the kick-off return was sweet.

Good luck in the second round Brewer.

I think you can thank the Bulls for any of that dislike. I know as a Knicks guy I found the Jordan teams very, very easy to hate. Maybe that's spilled over.

But I think people like the Cubs, and I think the Bears weren't disliked, just disrespected.

Frankly, very few other than we Sox fans care much about them, and the less said about the Blackhawks of the last decade pretty much the better.

i remember when the eagles were being disrespected in the nfc championshp vs the falcons. i was on the eagles huge in that game. brain dawkins on extra motivation is a bet i make every day.

this is part of the reason i like phila. love teams who get no respect and play with their emotions on their sleeves.

Last edited:
Oh, Brewer, I could go on and on about Philly and the 'respect' thing. It's kind of at the root of our (that being Eagle fans') fundamental issue.

It's a complex psychological issue, frankly, one that can really only be solved with an Eagles' SB win.

I dont know about chicago sports but i will say alot of people disrespect the baby bulls.

This is really a damn good team and Nocioni being back make them that much better as he's fearless and will go to the hole and get some fouls and he's also not afraid to shoot the big shot if need be.

I loved them to beat the Heat said they might sweep them and people laughed and said heat will win in 5 and blah blah. I dont really care because that means better odds for me. As i ponded every Bulls game in the playoffs so far. I see no reason to stop. Are the Pistons good. Damn right best in the east. This will make the bulls just that much more hungry, and Big Ben knows whats up he's gonna help this young team succed and knock off the pistons IMo.

a team who is disrespected is a great bet. i would be shocked if this series did not go 6/7.

I agree with the idea that part of the reason the Bulls aren't getting the respect has to do with their youth. The Pistons have been around and in the spotlight, almost any casual basketball fan can name 3/5ths of their starting five. Meanwhile, they may be able to name one or two guys on the entire Bulls' roster--if they're lucky.

im done with this topic. your all right lay the chalk with det. my bulls are toast. we're heartless and inferior. hell im not even going to watch the game, the outcome has already been determined. and i had game 3 tickets too. sigh.

I thought I was actually somewhat supporting your argument, Brewer.

I think this series is going to be great.

There's no disrespect of the Bulls by picking Pistons. The match-up IMO favors Detroit. If Bulls was facing Cleveland, I'd say toss up in 7 games. Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

I don't hate your Bulls. I actually think they take out the Pistons in 7. You got a good starting 5 that can score and play defense, and a very underated bench: Duhon, Noc, Sef., and Thomas. I think Tyrus Thomas shines in this series coming off the bench with his defense.

There's no disrespect of the Bulls by picking Pistons. The match-up IMO favors Detroit. If Bulls was facing Cleveland, I'd say toss up in 7 games. Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

all i keep hearing is ...

det is better at every positon, they are more seasoned, have been their before, have the better coach, the better bench, the more scorers, they can win on the road, bulls have no post game, the bulls cant shoot from the perimeter consistently, they are happy with just a first round advance, they are still too young, the pistons are not going to lose to them like they did in the reg season in the postseason, tayshaun is going to shut down deng, ben wallace is going to get in foul trouble guarding the det frontline, ben gordon is too inconsistent, kirk heinrich will get in foul trouble early, the bulls beat a bad miami team with old vets and a unhealthy wade so what, the bulls cant win on the road, they go into scoring droughts, they have no go to guy, the bulls guards are too small, the bulls frontline is too small, teh bulls cant score in the paint, they shoot nothing but jumpshots, detroit plays better defense than chicago, the pistons are the hungrier team, etc, etc ...

and it makes me want to throw up.

Last edited:
i dont even want to post what i heard out of chicago bears bashers all season.

I think the Pistons are overlooked by most. Everyone is penciling in the NBA champion to come from the West. Winner of Spurs/Suns wins it all. I really think Pistons is the champion this year. So, when I look at the game, I ask myself "Can this Bulls team beat the NBA champion?" And the answer is clearly No.

I think the Pistons are overlooked by most. Everyone is penciling in the NBA champion to come from the West. Winner of Spurs/Suns wins it all. I really think Pistons is the champion this year. So, when I look at the game, I ask myself "Can this Bulls team beat the NBA champion?" And the answer is clearly No.

why is it clearly No?

Because the Bulls just don't have the experience right now to be a championship contender. And as far as having ANY chance this year to win it all: They'll need to beat Pistons, Cavs, then Suns or Spurs as a dog in each series. It's just not possible.

Right! Pistons have too much playoff experience. I think Chi will put up a fight but I think Detroit will definetly win the series. As for the Cleveland-NJ series. I believe Clev will win in 5. I think they will take first 2 at home. NJ takes the next one at home. Clev steals a win in NJ. and Lebron finishes them off in Cleveland.

no where in this thread did i say i had a future on the bulls to win the nba championship nor did i say that i believed they can and will win it all nor was it likely. you dont go from two first round ko's to nba champs the next season with the same core of players although there have been significant upgrades from last years team and this years team. just look at who started game 6 vs miami last year and who started game 4 vs miami this year.

what im expecting out of chicago like i expect out of any of the teams that i follow as a fan is the best effort possible. knowing that we did everything we could possible and left nothing for granted. in teh reg season we showed that we could play with det and very well outplayed them. we won with noch in chicago by dd im pretty sure it was. then went 2-1 without him vs detroit much later in the year. in the last game ben wallace didnt even play and lil ben only scored 2 pts but nevertheless we won on their hc by 15 or so.

i dont see how everyone can continue to downplay this chicago team and their talent. calling them a fluke and saying that they will be set back down to earth vs the team who is the frontrunner to win the east by almost every handicapper, sports analsyt, guy at the water cooler (you get the idea).

teh bulls have shown in the reg season that they own one of the top hc advantages in the nba, along with sa, gsw and phnx to name a few. the pistons have not awed by their level of play at home. im pretty sure their margin of victory there is only 3.5 pts. they are however a very good road team and seem more mentally there for those big name road games. however chicago can match this with their best hc record in the east and their avg margin of victory on their hc of 10+ pts.

these two teams have a history that dates back to the 80s. they dont like each other plain and simple. i cant see chicago playing the "bitch" role here and laying down at home to a central division foe. they just beat the defending nba champs. i dunno bout anybody else but if i was in ben gordons shoes or anybody elses who logs minutes on this team i would be feeling really good about my chances to advance especially vs a division foe whos style we know quite well and have shown the ability to win against at home and on the highway.

calling for this series to be short and quick in favor of det i just can't deem sensible. then again this long post on this series is coming from illinois so what do i know? im prolly just a biased chicago bulls fan with no sense of reality. then again ...

Last edited:
The Bulls' best chance is to come out strong in game 1 and catch the Pistons on flat feet. If they get a victory in game 1 or 2 they have a good shot at the upset. I'm happy the Bulls weren't hyped too much after the Miami sweep, so they have been able to focus ahead.

I'm very excited about this series. :cheers:

I took the Bulls to win the East for +409 after the Miami massacre, so I am rooting for them with you. Sweeping the Heat probably wasn't as easy as it seemed.

nobody had the Warriors beating the Mavs either. people said warriors would put up a fight, but not advance. i had the Mavs winning in 6 games. Well, that's why they play the game. We shall see how your Bulls stack up against the Pistons.

Bulls have a shot...Theres no doubt, anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool, look at the wat they are playing right now...Hurt or not, they wore out the champs...That deserves some kind of recognition and Respect, I personally think Detroit is very over rated. But that being said the West will produce the Champion. The winner of the SA/Pho series will be the champ....No team from the east will beat either of those teams 4 of 7...

does everybody hate chicago sports?

first my bears? and now my bulls?

please tell me someone sees teh bulls not getting swept in this series on the top homecourt in the east?

rasheed is already spewing his weak trash talk.

One simple reason for me "The Shot"...Ya that about did it for the city of CVhicago for me...:moose:

I am a die-hard Bears fan

Loved the Bulls when MJ was there

Do not think they are that good of a team now...I think Big Ben is terrible and am amazed everytime he does something...Gordan and Deng dont strike fear in me when I am betting or rooting against them

They both shoot, especially Gordon, so many bad shots....

Bears, Bulls and Cubs fan all my life. Could care less what the "experts" say as they will pick the favorites regardless. We clearly played with the Pistons in every game this season; if anyone in the East is going to beat them, it will be us.

The big advantage we have over them is their lazy tendency against our tenacious tendency; that's what killed them last season. We fight until the end, and that frustrates them because they think they can just show up and win. Their guys will come up big in tough spots because of their experience, but if we can contain Hamilton and Prince, we can certainly beat them.

The only thing that worries me is the same thing that worried me in the Super Bowl. Nobody believed in the Bears until we killed the Saints, and so every Joe was on us, which usually spells trouble ahead. Now we beat the defending champs and a lot now love the Bulls. Think we can win at least 2, and certainly can win the series, but with less space to hit jumpers, it will be much tougher. No matter what we are very close especially with the only major teams being old and getting older every day.

Brewer, I got Chicago ML, Chicago +4.5, and the over 181.5 for this game.

So yeah, I'll be cheering for your Bulls tonight!!!

Peace!!!

Back