Why does the labor day weekend Sunday schedule always suck?

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
Never understood why this Sunday on opening day weekend always has just like 2 games and they aren't any nice matchups. Seems like they could feature some games on Sunday but they never do. Must be something I don't know?

I get what you are saying. The best I can remember, and it was more because of the rivalry, were a few UK-UL games.

Obviously this is a Holiday weekend etc so ratings might not be the best anyways but they could throw up a nice Sunday night 7-8 pm est game and it would at least make us degens happy.

I get what you are saying. The best I can remember, and it was more because of the rivalry, were a few UK-UL games.

Obviously this is a Holiday weekend etc so ratings might not be the best anyways but they could throw up a nice Sunday night 7-8 pm est game and it would at least make us degens happy.
good morning my man BAR

BAR millers baby lets get the guys together lets try 1 of those burgers

BAR millers baby lets get the guys together lets try 1 of those burgers

I was just talking about Millers last night bud with the girl. Her grandparents, growing up, were right around corner. I told her we need to get back there, soon!

I was just talking about Millers last night bud with the girl. Her grandparents, growing up, were right around corner. I told her we need to get back there, soon!
HUNT wants to go for a Quick beer where is STEED that bum:party:I think he had 1 to many I have not seen STEED in a while he might have got kidnapped by isis BAR poor STEED I think Jihadi john has him on U tube BAR isis will want a ranson for STEED ask your self is he wroth it

I will be in Detroit next week. Might catch a tigers game against the cubs.

Nice, where in Metro-D you be going?

Sidenote: my first Tigers game of year is the 16th...bad fan! bad fan! but straight dumpster fire right now anyway...

I will have to see. I might actually be staying in Ann Arbor. I will get back to you tonight. No chance of catching one of the cubs games, butthead?

Looks like the MONDAY NIGHT games started in 1999 with a matchup of #24 Arizona State- Tx Tech and Southern Miss-Tulane

2000 - Cincy v. Army
2001 - #18 Miss State v. Memphis
2002 - Cincy v. TCU and #18 Southern Cal v. Auburn
2003 - Cincy v. Tulane and #25 TCU v. Tulane
2004 - La Tech v. Nevada
2005 - Tripleheader of #14 Florida State v. #9 Miami, FL and Ole Miss v. Memphis and New Mexico v. UNLV
2006 - #11 Florida State v. #10 Miami, FL
2007 - Clemson v. #24 Florida State and Texas Tech v. SMU
2008 - Fresno State v. Rutgers and #18 Tennessee v. UCLA
2009 - "Blount Punch" was on that Thursday night with Cincy v. Rutgers and Miami, FL v. #18 Florida State that Monday
2010 - #3 Boise State v. #10 Virginia Tech and Maryland v. Navy
2011 - Maryland v. Miami, FL
2012 - #15 Virginia Tech v. Georgia Tech
2013 - #10 Florida State v. Pitt
2014 - #25 Louisville v. Miami, FL

And this year, we get #1 Ohio State v. Virginia Tech ... so Mondays have been pretty good.

Appears that Sunday night games started in 1999 for Labor Day weekend with #15 Arizona v. TCU

skipped 2000
2001 - #19 Fresno State v. #22 Oregon State and Purdue v. Cincy
2002- Kentucky upsets #17 Louisville and #16 Virginia Tech v. #14 LSU
2003 - Louisville v. Kentucky and #5 Texas v. New Mexico State and #9 Virginia Tech v. Central Florida
2004 - 5 GAMES ... Fresno v. Washington, Lousiville v. Kentucky, #25 Purdue v. Syracuse, Rice v. Houston and #14 Tennessee v. UNLV
2005 - #12 Louisville v. Kentucky, #8 Virginia Tech v. NC State and West Virginia v. Syracuse
2006 - #13 Louisville v. Kentucky, Ole Miss v. Memphis and #22 TCU v. Baylor
skipped 2007
2008 - Kentucky v. Louisville (27-2 Wildcats, yuck)
2009 - Colorado State v. Colorado and #8 Ole Miss v. Memphis
2010 - East Carolina v. Tulsa and Texas Tech v. SMU
2011 - #7 Texas A&M v. SMU and #19 West Virginia v. Marshall
2012 - Baylor v. SMU and #23 Louisville v. Kentucky
2013 - Colorado v. Colorado State and #8 Louisville v. Ohio
2014 - #10 Baylor v. SMU and Tennessee v. Utah State

And we get Purdue v. Marshall this year ... yeah, not a very good game there compared to Monday night.

Appears that Sunday night games started in 1999 for Labor Day weekend with #15 Arizona v. TCU

skipped 2000
2001 - #19 Fresno State v. #22 Oregon State and Purdue v. Cincy
2002- Kentucky upsets #17 Louisville and #16 Virginia Tech v. #14 LSU
2003 - Louisville v. Kentucky and #5 Texas v. New Mexico State and #9 Virginia Tech v. Central Florida
2004 - 5 GAMES ... Fresno v. Washington, Lousiville v. Kentucky, #25 Purdue v. Syracuse, Rice v. Houston and #14 Tennessee v. UNLV
2005 - #12 Louisville v. Kentucky, #8 Virginia Tech v. NC State and West Virginia v. Syracuse
2006 - #13 Louisville v. Kentucky, Ole Miss v. Memphis and #22 TCU v. Baylor
skipped 2007
2008 - Kentucky v. Louisville (27-2 Wildcats, yuck)
2009 - Colorado State v. Colorado and #8 Ole Miss v. Memphis
2010 - East Carolina v. Tulsa and Texas Tech v. SMU
2011 - #7 Texas A&M v. SMU and #19 West Virginia v. Marshall
2012 - Baylor v. SMU and #23 Louisville v. Kentucky
2013 - Colorado v. Colorado State and #8 Louisville v. Ohio
2014 - #10 Baylor v. SMU and Tennessee v. Utah State

And we get Purdue v. Marshall this year ... yeah, not a very good game there compared to Monday night.

I like the Purdue and Marshall game this year, but am easy to please.

Just thinking that with so many game that weekend, most coming on Saturday that they could spot light some games on Sunday rather than just having them compete against the other Saturday games.

Suppose it is a ratings issue. But is Sunday, with the following day a holiday, actually worse than a Saturday? Seems like Saturday isn't always the best either. Look at NBA finals for instance. They take 2 days off after game 1 to have game 2 on a Sunday rather than Saturday. Forget about player rest for that scheduling, it must be ratings related? They do it again from game 4 to game 5 avoiding a Saturday game going from Thursday to Sunday.

NCAA national title game never on a Saturday, always on a Monday.

So if Saturday isn't the "best" day for ratings, why isn't Sunday on par atleast for scheduling?

Really I'm greedy and want some more games on labor day weekend Sunday, spread the slate out a little bit so I don't have to work the remote extra hard on Saturday. Just never made sense why that Sunday doesn't have like 6 games or so of marque quality that they could market without much other competition.

Met Seth from American Jewelry, aka hardcore pawn, today.

Weeno or other detroiters .... almost sure I go to tigers tomorrow. .... if anyone wants to meet up

I'd love to but gotta work many a many hours tomorrow.

You eat anywhere good yet? I know you like to eat:popcorn:

I'd love to but gotta work many a many hours tomorrow.

You eat anywhere good yet? I know you like to eat:popcorn:

Ate at Mitchell's. Guy I am with was childhood friends with Mike "Stoney" Stone and he joined us for dinner (I had never heard of him but guess he is known in Detroit). ... might do Lafayette Coney Island tomorrow. Time to change your mind and hit the game with me. I'm doing work in this town. Gonna pm you my number ... if you change your mind tonight let me know because we want to let the other guy know our plans as soon as possible and I get to make the decision... and it is down to BAR goes, we all go... BAR works too many hours, we all don't. Want to text him first thing in the morning.

Ok didn't get a change of heart pm or text so going to assume you couldn't change plans and go. So I am not going either. Thanks Oba....errr thanks BAR.

Back