Who's your midseason award winners?

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Use this format....

1. MVP- Lebron James

2. Defensive Player of the Year- Dwight Howard

3. Rookie of the Year- OJ Mayo

4. Most improved- Kelenna Azubuike

5. 6th Man- Manu Ginobili (I hate this fucker btw)

1. MVP- Lebron James

3. Rookie of the Year- Derrick Rose

4. Most improved- Paul Millsap

5. 6th Man- Rip Hamilton?

1. mvp --lebron

2. defensive player of the year -- dwight howard

3. rookie of the year --derrick rose

4. most improved -- Devin Harris

5. 6th man -- manu

1. MVP- LBJ

2. Defensive Player of the Year- LBJ or KG

3. Rookie of the Year- Rose

4. Most improved- Duhon (Probably Nelson if not for the injury)

5. 6th Man- Manu (Probably Terry if not for the injury)

1. MVP- Lebron James

2. Defensive Player of the Year- Iggy

3. Rookie of the Year- Thompson

4. Most improved- Nene

5. 6th Man- Odom

1. MVP- LeBron James/KB

2. Defensive Player of the Year- Superman

3. Rookie of the Year- Derrick Rose

4. Most improved- Danny Granger

5. 6th Man- ODOM

1. MVP- Dwyane Wade

3. Rookie of the Year- OJ Mayo

4. Most improved- Nene

5. 6th Man- Travis Outlaw

I had some bad ones and some okay ones but I'll one up ya with this beauty

6. This years Dissapointing Team Detroit

I had some bad ones and some okay ones but I'll one up ya with this beauty

6. This years Dissapointing Team Detroit

Well done, but I went with Phoenix so no regrets for me. I think we nabbed the best one from each conference.

I found that first year coaches are pretty much a death kill. I just picked the team who won the most games last year with a first year coach TY. Happened to be Detroit. Suns didn't disappoint either. Only team playing better under a first year coach than last year were teams who were below .500 and added key players, as well (miami, milk).

I don't know how you guys can vote Rose for ROY. He is learning on the job and not helping his team all that much in doing so. When Thompson's on the floor the Kings look and are ahellofalot better.

And Mayo's D is go ahead and go by me.

How sad that the creator of that emoticon couldn't even get 'You're' right.

I wonder if one day, as a nation, we'll conquer the ever-difficult you're-your distinction.

Maybe then we can climb the ultimate mountain of two-too-to.

I don't consider conquering they're-their-there a realistic possibility.

1. MVP- Kobe Bryant

3. Rookie of the Year- Eric Gordon

4. Most improved- Hilario

5. 6th Man- I refuse to give this to Jet Terry or Manu. They play starter minutes. I want a true sparkplug. Odom doesn't qaulify guys. He just started playing with consistent passion when Bynum went down and he was a starter again.<!-- / message -->

Odom's +/- for the year is best with players with 7 starts or less. I'll keep my vote.

Odom's +/- for the year is best with players with 7 starts or less. I'll keep my vote.

I won't disagree with that. He is having a solid season off bench if not inconsistent. I like the plus-minus stat but as always it depends on who is on the court with you.

Nuggets front office knows what their doing. Dealing Camby's massive contract allowing Nene and Anderson to play Camby's minutes more effectively at a fraction the cost and dealing an old AI for Chauncey.

Best front office has to go to them.

I won't disagree with that. He is having a solid season off bench if not inconsistent. I like the plus-minus stat but as always it depends on who is on the court with you.

And against you. :shake:

This site i look at has Rashard with a AS quality +/-. Maybe I need to watch more Magic games or the formula reallly does need to be tweaked for whose on the floor with you, against you and time and score. Like something FootballOutsiders does for NFL but NBA.

I think your a bit hard on Rashard Lewis.

I know he looked dumb out there last night getting overpowered but the East had no size outside KG and Howard. He was put in that position. Used to happen in ASG's all the time from late nineties till a few years ago.

He gets you 19 points on 14 shot attempts. He averages about 6 boards a game, which you know could be more but Howard gobbles them up.

Is he a perrenial All-Star? No, but the NBA rewards good teams. Which to me is garbage. I want the 12 best players out there.

And you know I called his contract one of the worst ever when he signed it, so I am no big fan.

1. MVP- Lebron James

2. Defensive Player of the Year- Iggy

3. Rookie of the Year- Thompson

4. Most improved- Nene

5. 6th Man- Odom
Good choice going with Thompson as the rookie of the year. The guy can post up, hit a midrange, and rebound. His defense can get better and it will. It's to bad the Kings are soooo bad that he doesn't get any credit.

Was a real good pick by Sacto with what looked like a real reach at the time. They prolly just got lucky tho because nothing else about that franchise has been close to good since Jason Williams stopped throwing lobs to C Webb.

They had one of the best starting 5's to not win a title. Bibby, Christie, Peja, C-Webb, and Divac. I'll never forget that year the refs robbed them in game 6 I believe and just gave Shaq and Kobe all the calls.

They had one of the best starting 5's to not win a title. Bibby, Christie, Peja, C-Webb, and Divac. I'll never forget that year the refs robbed them in game 6 I believe and just gave Shaq and Kobe all the calls.

Oh, you mean the 32 FT's in Game 6's 4th qtr:hang:

:shake: that's the game.

Oh BAR, here's the link to parts of that jersey retirement for C-Webb i menitioned to you a few weeks back. It's only a 3 minute clip but that's all they have. Bibby and Peja would've been there but they had games that night across the country..... but Christie and Divac showed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UCjs8KSmfQ

Oh cool, thanks man. I was actually on YouTube last night and couldn't remember what the heck I was supposed to look for.

Back