Draft Talk

ya i was kidding about the SG/SF. Seems like you guys have them growing on trees over there.

victory_vi.jpg

now to get a HC and figure out how to spend 35 or so mil (who to keep/go get)

thank you michael jordan, thank you phil jackson, thank you chicago

Chicago really needs to start getting some use of their stockpiled youngsters. It just does not make any sense for me in a league like NBA to have no veteran presence.

Guys with biggest NBA experience were brought in at deadline (Gooden - 5yrs, Hughes - 9yrs). I strongly believe that for young players to grow you need to have veteran presence in locker room and on the field. This team has no leader at all. It looks like a college team with a director of program who seems to fail to make any major decision lately and has bunch of students who have money and do not have to listen to some smartass coach.

There is noone to learn from, there is noone to lead by being a role model, there is noone to follow on that team there. Of course, experience might come, but how can you share experiences if noone on the team has any?

To me this group looks kinda weird and also wrong. All in all I can say that I am happy for Bulls, but unless Chicago gets some decent veteran help - then I feel for the guy they end up drafting...

Blah they're teams not as young as you think. Yes, they lack a leader... but a guy like Rose will make careers out of Deng, Thomas, and Noah

Blah they're teams not as young as you think. Yes, they lack a leader... but a guy like Rose will make careers out of Deng, Thomas, and Noah

It probably will, but it just as well might suck the guy in that environment where player has on and off night all the time - no stability whatsoever. That is what has gotten Bulls in the lottery in the first place. That is my opinion here and nothing else...

Basketbolists-- I hear what you're saying, but it's a new league. I'll look at the Jazz only because I have the most experience with them.

When they drafted Deron Williams they had AK (4 years exp) and Harpring (7 years experience) on the team. When the Jazz went to the conference finals last year they not one of their starters had more than 5 years experience under their belt. A great PG can change a team in a flash.

Congrats to the Bulls.

JPicks - it is a new league, yet, I am a bit skeptical about Bulls at the moment. I am not against Bulls by any means, just that I do not trust this organization as such.

Do I believe that Rose can make a similar impact as D-Will? Sure I do. Needs to tweak his game here or there and should be just fine. Do I think that current Bulls roster is a solid mix in general? No I dont. I cannot even compare that to Jazz. Not only Bulls do not have anyone like Okur, Kirilenko or Boozer, but that team has no energy at the moment when Jazz are having it from their bench as well. There is no sense of urgency in this team as well.

And of course there is Sloan factor for Jazz when Bulls have what at the moment? If I compare and reflect to Jazz regarding this then Bulls are some time away there...

bulls have lacked a inside scorer ever since they traded eddy curry away...i know that sounds bad, but that is the truth. They need a post that can open up the wings and allow more fluid movement around the perimeter. Although a better penetrator would help, the Bulls dont have to have a dominate pg to succeed and thus they should take the better player and the position they need the most help at.

bulls should hire the jazz assistant. whats his name again JPicks?

Deng needs to help get elton back to chicago.

Then we run that high pick and roll with rose and brand/gooden for next 4+ years.

bulls should hire the jazz assistant. whats his name again JPicks?

Bulls should get Brand, trade Hinrich for some role player (might throw in some of their stuff extra just to get something better anyway) and draft Rose. That would be a solid start in general...

elton brand will not be in chicago...mark my words...

ben gordon is also probably gone although the first pick in the draft might convince him to get a new deal done.

deng will prolly get a deal worked out.

That way looking at a lineup/bench of

Rose/Hinrich
Hughes/Sefolosha
Deng/Nocioni (noc might be gone too)
Gooden/Thomas
Noah/Gray

or

Hinrich/Duhon (duhon is all but gone after last years problems)
Hughes/Gordon/Sefolosha
Deng/ Nocioni
Beasley/Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

I think the second lineup will be much more balanced

no way we can pay kirk 11 mil to play 10 minutes a game.

tyrus as 3rd at the 4 wont fly either.

we are gonna sign some new names with this 35 mil and move people. have to after winning 19 games and making the playoffs all those previous years. need to identify the right pieces. in my mind, thabo/deng/gooden/noah and make the rest movable if need be if something comes up.

i demand to get back to our 44ish wins and a berth run we had going.

beasley will be able to play the three against some teams....just not against carmelo, lebron, etc.

that should allow tyrus to slide to the four

the interesting lineup would be if the bulls had deng, beasley, and tyrus all in at the same time...that is some athleticism

JPicks - it is a new league, yet, I am a bit skeptical about Bulls at the moment. I am not against Bulls by any means, just that I do not trust this organization as such.

Do I believe that Rose can make a similar impact as D-Will? Sure I do. Needs to tweak his game here or there and should be just fine. Do I think that current Bulls roster is a solid mix in general? No I dont. I cannot even compare that to Jazz. Not only Bulls do not have anyone like Okur, Kirilenko or Boozer, but that team has no energy at the moment when Jazz are having it from their bench as well. There is no sense of urgency in this team as well.

And of course there is Sloan factor for Jazz when Bulls have what at the moment? If I compare and reflect to Jazz regarding this then Bulls are some time away there...

Just remember that the Jazz went 26-56 in the year before they drafted Williams. They had Okur and Boozer (hurt most of the year) and a bunch of guys on the team that have made our bench lately. It's amazing how a great PG can shape an NBA team.

i still think there is a much better chance that beasley is a stud than there is a chance the rose is a top 3 pg in the league.

Chris Paul and Deron Williams are studs, but there is so much pressure to be that good. Only one in very many will reach that status. That puts rose at a disadvantag IMO. At least for getting drafted by the bulls. The need inside scoring WAY to badly

Back