Draft Talk

Brewer

Lets Trade

I will give you Jefferson, and Foye, and number 3 for The Number 1 and Gordon, and T.T.?

This would the give the wolves

Gordon
McCants
Brewer
Beasley
Tyrus Thomas

Maybe a guy like Elton Brand in FA.

Anyone want some of the shit im smoking right now?

i still think there is a much better chance that beasley is a stud than there is a chance the rose is a top 3 pg in the league.

Chris Paul and Deron Williams are studs, but there is so much pressure to be that good. Only one in very many will reach that status. That puts rose at a disadvantag IMO. At least for getting drafted by the bulls. The need inside scoring WAY to badly

Have to admit that I'm not much of a CBB fan so I have almost no experience watching either of them. That said your KSU4LIFE handle doesn't make me think you have the most neutral view of Beasley. :)

i still think the wolves would be crazy to give up jefferson, as he is going to be a stud and he is still really young. Dominant centers are too hard to find.

Was just listening to sports radio show here in Minnesota, they had Trent Tucker on, and they were proposing a bunch of trades with Chicago.

Basically like T.T. said he gives the bulls a 50/50 shot of somehow trading the pick.

Have to admit that I'm not much of a CBB fan so I have almost no experience watching either of them. That said your KSU4LIFE handle doesn't make me think you have the most neutral view of Beasley. :)

its ksuvols4life by the way. Dont forget that. Beasley just toyed with competition on the college level. I KNOW he is a safer pick and he is more ready to be a near dominant player early. Think what you want about my supposedly "neutral" view, but i know what i have seen. Rose is going to be a great player, but with the bulls glaringly obvious needs at post, they need scoring there worse than anything else. That is the point im trying to make.

I wouldn't give up AJ for the first pick by itself. Gotta build around him.

Heres the big issue picks, who do we take at 3, Brooke Lopez?

Kevin Mchale is notorious for screwing up big men.

Then we have

Gordon--Whom Mchale is in love with
Mayo
Bayless

Logically the best pick of the above 3 would be Mayo,(but does he bring baggage?) I think he has the most upside!

Was just listening to sports radio show here in Minnesota, they had Trent Tucker on, and they were proposing a bunch of trades with Chicago.

Basically like T.T. said he gives the bulls a 50/50 shot of somehow trading the pick.

bulls would be crazy to trade unless they get al jefferson. Anything less would be absolutely foolish

Heres the big issue picks, who do we take at 3, Brooke Lopez?

Kevin Mchale is notorious for screwing up big men.

Then we have

Gordon--Whom Mchale is in love with
Mayo
Bayless

Logically the best pick of the above 3 would be Mayo,(but does he bring baggage?) I think he has the most upside!

I like Mayo and his level of play with size, but i think the upside pick would be bayless. Lopez's big dilemma will be can he put on muscle weight. If he still projects to be thin, he will end up being much less physical than a pau gasol type. I think he will be good, but I also think it will take him several years to get acclimated.

How about Ford saying Chris Douglas Roberts goes to Detroit. I think i might wet myself if that happens, just love that kid

I like Mayo and his level of play with size, but i think the upside pick would be bayless. Lopez's big dilemma will be can he put on muscle weight. If he still projects to be thin, he will end up being much less physical than a pau gasol type. I think he will be good, but I also think it will take him several years to get acclimated.

What happens to Randy Foye? McCants has openly said he wants out, unless he is a starter.

by the way, if you are talking about eric gordon, he should be no higher than 7 or 8. McHale would be committing suicide on the spot if he drafted him at three. Take bayless or lopez. Mayo would also be more than effective.

<table class="tablehead widetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="4">CHAD FORD'S MOCK DRAFT</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" valign="center"> <td width="19%"><center>PICK</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>TEAM</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>PLAYER</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>VITALS</center></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td valign="center"><center>
1.gif
</center> </td> <td><center>
chi.gif

Chicago
</center></td> <td><center>
19133.jpg

Michael Beasley</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Height: 6-10
Weight: 235
School: Kansas State
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: This will be a very difficult choice for the Bulls.
On the one hand, Chicago has needed a low-post scorer for a long time, and Beasley fits the bill. He's also a top-notch rebounder, which would fulfill another need for the Bulls.
However, Rose, a Chicago native, would be a major upgrade over Kirk Hinrich. His strength and athleticism could really ignite the Bulls' offense.
For the moment, we're putting Beasley here because he's the best fit.

<table class="tablehead widetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="colhead" valign="center"> <td width="19%"><center>PICK</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>TEAM</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>PLAYER</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>VITALS</center></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td valign="center" width="19%"><center>
2.gif
</center> </td> <td width="27%"><center>
mia.gif

Miami</center></td> <td><center>
19132.jpg

Derrick Rose</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PG
Height: 6-3
Weight: 205
School: Memphis
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Heat are big winners, too. They don't get the No. 1 pick, but they do get their favorite player in the draft. A Rose-Wade backcourt should be awesome.

<table class="tablehead widetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="colhead" valign="center"> <td width="19%"><center>PICK</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>TEAM</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>PLAYER</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>VITALS</center></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td valign="center"><center>
3.gif
min.gif

Minnesota</center></td> <td><center>
ncb_a_brooklopez_65.jpg

Brook Lopez</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Height: 7-0
Weight: 260
School: Stanford
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: If the team drafts for need, Lopez will be the guy. The Wolves really need a center, and Lopez should be a good fit.
But don't count out Danilo Gallinari, who could be a surprise pick here.

<table class="tablehead widetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="colhead" valign="center"> <td width="19%"><center>PICK</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>TEAM</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>PLAYER</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>VITALS</center></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td valign="center"><center>
4.gif
sea.gif

Seattle</center></td> <td><center>
19137.jpg

Jerryd Bayless</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PG
Weight: 190
School: Arizona
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Bayless should be a very good fit for Seattle. His up-tempo game and excellent shooting ability would give the Sonics a potent weapon to pair with Kevin Durant.

5.gif
mem.gif

Memphis</center></td> <td width="27%"><center>
19129.jpg

O.J. Mayo</center></td> <td valign="center" width="27%"> Position: SG
Height: 6-4
Weight: 195
School: USC
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Grizzlies need a power forward.
But although they do have a glut of guards, they also could use a guard with the strength, scoring prowess and star quality of Mayo. Team him with Rudy Yag and Mike Conley, and the Grizzlies are a big man away from having a bright future again.

6.gif
nyk.gif

New York</center></td> <td><center>
19078.jpg

Danilo Gallinari</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SF
Height: 6-9
Weight: 212
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Mike D'Antoni lands the perfect weapon for his new team -- a 6-10 point forward who knows how to think the game.
It might not be a popular pick in New York, but D'Antoni will make it work.

7.gif
lac.gif

L.A. Clippers</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19241.jpg

Russell Westbrook</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PG
Weight: 189
School: UCLA
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Look for the Clippers to make a tough choice between Westbrook and Gordon. Given that L.A. really needs a point guard, Westbrook gets the slight edge.
8.gif
mil.gif

Milwaukee</center></td> <td><center>
ncb_a_65.jpg

Eric Gordon</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SG
Height: 6-4
Weight: 215
School: Indiana
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Gordon is a dynamic scorer who could free new GM John Hammond to trade Michael Redd.
9.gif
cha.gif

Charlotte</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19130.jpg

Kevin Love</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Weight: 275
School: UCLA
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Larry Brown loves guys who "play the right way." Love is as fundamentally sound as anyone in the draft.
10.gif
njn.gif

New Jersey</center></td> <td><center>
19157.jpg

Anthony Randolph</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Height: 6-11
Weight: 220
School: LSU
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Nets have lacked a super-athletic 4 since Kenyon Martin walked out the door. Randolph has been compared to a young Chris Bosh by some scouts. His combination of length and athleticism is exciting, but he has to get stronger and improve his perimeter game.
11.gif
ind.gif

Indiana
</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19083.jpg

D.J. Augustin</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PG
Height: 6-0
Weight: 180
School: Texas
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Pacers need a long-term replacement for Jamaal Tinsley, and they are crossing their fingers that either Augustin or Westbrook is still on the board when they pick. Of the two, Augustin is probably the better fit in Jim O'Brien's system.
Augustin is an excellent floor leader and can really shoot the basketball. Another bonus for Pacers fans is that he is an excellent character guy.
12.gif
sac.gif

Sacramento</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19062.jpg

Darrell Arthur</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Weight: 225
School: Kansas
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Kings are hoping that either Augustin or Westbrook falls into their laps. However, if they're not available, Sacramento will likely have to make a tough choice between a number of power forwards.
Of the group, Arthur has the greatest upside as an athlete and a scorer. But he's going to have to improve his rebounding to really make it in the league.
13.gif
por.gif

Portland</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19096.jpg

Joe Alexander</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SF
Height: 6-8
School: West Virginia
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Alexander could be the sleeper of the draft. His combination of size, athleticism and shooting ability has GMs drooling right now. He's still learning the game, but on a team like the Blazers, his versatility could be an immediate asset.
Donte Greene is also a possibility here.
14.gif
gsw.gif

Golden State</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19136.jpg

DeAndre Jordan</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Weight: 255
School: Texas A&M
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: At some point you just draft talent. The Warriors don't have a huge need in the middle, but Jordan's too talented to let slip any further. He has the body and athletic skills of Dwight Howard. But his lack of motivation is scaring a lot of GMs away right now.
15.gif
pho.gif

Phoenix
(via Atlanta)
19135.jpg

Donte Greene</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SF
Weight: 225
School: Syracuse
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Greene is a steal if he slips this far. He has the potential to be a Shawn Marion-type combo forward in the pros. While his game is still raw, he has great length and athleticism and an emerging perimeter game.
16.gif
phi.gif

Philadelphia</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19161.jpg

Marreese Speights</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Weight: 245
School: Florida
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Sixers are still looking for a low-post banger. If they can't get Elton Brand this summer, they'll have to seriously consider Speights. Speights does a lot of the same things Brand does, though he doesn't have the same conditioning or drive yet.
17.gif
tor.gif

Toronto</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19045.jpg

Robin Lopez</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Weight: 245
School: Stanford
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Lopez is drawing a lot of comparisons to Anderson Varejao. On a team that needs toughness and rebounding in the middle, he should be a great fit. He's kind of the anti-Andrea Bargnani.
18.gif
was.gif

Washington</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
nba_a_mcghee_65.jpg

JaVale McGee</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Weight: 237
School: Nevada
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: McGee is another wildcard. Long, athletic and skilled, he has huge upside and can fly up and down the court. But his thin frame and lack of position mean he's a few years away from contributing.
19.gif
cle.gif

Cleveland</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19155.jpg

Kosta Koufos</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Weight: 265
School: Ohio State
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: If Koufos slips this far, it will be tough for the Cavs to pass on him. He's a very skilled big man who gets up and down the floor really well.
Some scouts compare him to a young Zydrunas Ilgauskas. He needs to get stronger, but he's got great upside for a pick this low in the draft.
20.gif
den.gif

Denver</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19034.jpg

Ty Lawson</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PG
Height: 5-11
School: North Carolina
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Nuggets need a floor leader who can push the ball up and down the floor. While Lawson has his weaknesses, he should be an excellent fit in George Karl's up-tempo system.
21.gif
njn.gif

New Jersey
(via Dallas)
19026.jpg

Chase Budinger</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SG
Height: 6-7
School: Arizona
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Budinger could easily be a late lottery pick, but he could also slip. Teams love his size and shooting ability but worry a bit about his lack of aggressiveness and defense. At this point in the draft, the Nets will be glad to take the risk.
22.gif
orl.gif

Orlando
</center></td> <td><center>
brandon_rush_65.jpg

Brandon Rush</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SG
Height: 6-7
School: Kansas
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: There's quite a bit of buzz over Rush at the moment. He's got the size, athleticism and shooting ability needed to excel as an NBA 2-guard. He is also an excellent defender and should be ready to step in and contribute right away. He's a perfect fit for Orlando.
23.gif
uth.gif

Utah
18974.jpg

Roy Hibbert</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Height: 7-2
Weight: 275
School: Georgetown
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Is there a better fit for Hibbert than Utah? He needs a team that excels in half-court sets. His size and scoring ability make him an asset as long, as you don't ask him to run the floor or play 40 minutes a game.
24.gif
sea.gif

Seattle
(via Phoenix)
nba_ap_ibaka_65.jpg

Serge Ibaka</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: Expect Sonics GM Sam Presti to use a trick or two from his days in San Antonio and look internationally with his second pick. Ibaka has the talent to be a potential lottery pick someday, but he's still very raw. The Sonics can leave him over in Spain and reap the benefits down the road.
25.gif
hou.gif

Houston</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19215.jpg

J. J. Hickson</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Height: 6-9
Weight: 240
School: NC State
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Rockets got a big boost from rookie Luis Scola this season, but they could still use another strong, bruising power forward like Hickson. He's not ready for the NBA yet, but the Rockets can afford to develop him.
26.gif
sas.gif

San Antonio</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19038.jpg

Nicolas Batum</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SF
Height: 6-8
Weight: 210
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: This low in the draft, the Spurs almost always look to the future, and I expect them to do it again. Batum has a lot of talent, but he needs more time in France to develop it. In a couple of years, San Antonio will look really smart.
27.gif
nor.gif

New Orleans</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19077.jpg

Bill Walker</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SF
Height: 6-6
Weight: 235
School: Kansas State
</td> </tr></tbody></table> The skinny: Walker could be a major coup for the Hornets if he's still on the board here. A year and a half ago, teams were talking about him as a top-5 pick. An ACL injury stopped that talk, but sources say his weight is finally down and his explosiveness is back. He and Chris Paul could make for a dynamite backcourt if Walker plays 2-guard.
28.gif
mem.gif

Memphis</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
nba_g_jawai_65.jpg

Nathan Jawai</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: PF
Weight: 270
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Grizzlies need a power forward with some real power, and Jawai has that in abundance. He's coming off a big year in Australia, and his game resembles Elton Brand's a little. At this point in the draft, he's worth the risk.
29.gif
det.gif

Detroit</center></td> <td width="28%"><center>
19166.jpg

Chris Douglas-Roberts </center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: SG
Height: 6-6
School: Memphis
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The skinny: The Pistons thrive on getting players who don't get the respect they probably deserve. Adding CDR as a reserve who can play the 2 and 3 and provide some scoring off the bench seems like a steal here.
30.gif
bos.gif

Boston
ante_tomic_65.jpg

Ante Tomic</center></td> <td valign="center"> Position: C
Height: 7-2
Weight: 237
School: Croatia
</td> </tr></tbody></table> The skinny: The Celtics don't need rookies right now, and Tomic is stuck in a contract for the next few years overseas. They can afford to let him develop and hope in a few years he can be a building block.

How about Ford saying Chris Douglas Roberts goes to Detroit. I think i might wet myself if that happens, just love that kid

i agree...how he is 29 is beyond me...plus in that mock, ford is blowing his load on foreign talent late in the first round. He hasnt been talking foreign players up at all this draft except for danilo. CDR should be in low 20's especially if he is putting on muscle before the draft.

11-15 are some picks that could make or break a team. One of those guys is going to be a complete flop and one of those guys is going to be a star.

Personally I love Green, and Alexander.

rule: dont draft foreign talent unless it is a yao ming type, or a steve nash/tony parker super quick guard

else you should prepare to be dissapointed

(i mean in the top 5/10)

No way in hell Lopez goes to the raptors. Every pick from 5 on down will be up for grabs.

Mayo in Memphis doesnt sit right for me, or I presume him. Unless Memphis just goes Crazy in FA, I dont see him fitting in well there.

The Bulls remind me of the Clipps. Draft lottery every year and loaded with young talent, but unable to do anything with it.

The Bulls remind me of the Clipps. Draft lottery every year and loaded with young talent, but unable to do anything with it.

thats why you dont trade lamarcus aldridge for a "potential" stud in ty thomas. get what you know is gonna be a starter for sure

what about walker is an exact replica of west?????

With some grooming, and with CP3, Walker would be a crazy good addition to the Hornets.

Guy has raw skills, just needs to polish his jumper, but him a 2, w/paul, west, Pargo, chandler, stejo....team could be even sicker

<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Somebody up there must love the bulls - the year they run out of knick lottery picks they win the freaking thing!
Knicks get the # 6 pick...they even suck at the lottery!

:36_11_6: from another forum

With some grooming, and with CP3, Walker would be a crazy good addition to the Hornets.

Guy has raw skills, just needs to polish his jumper, but him a 2, w/paul, west, Pargo, chandler, stejo....team could be even sicker

i agree walker could be a great fit with that team, but he is no way is a replica of west. He needs to improve his footspeed a lot if he wants to guard 2 guards in the pros. He also needs improved consistency from his outside shot and from his mental breakdowns.

Well thanks for the hope, fortunately for me I'm a Minnesota fan so I have adhered to buying hope at an alarming rate.

Hey at least I get to watch AP in less than 3 months.

Well thanks for the hope, fortunately for me I'm a Minnesota fan so I have adhered to buying hope at an alarming rate.

Hey at least I get to watch AP in less than 3 months.

with the vikings looking pretty good going into the summer, i believe you have something to live for

We look solid on paper, now its time to put it together on the field. We will live and die this year by our QB.

rule: dont draft foreign talent unless it is a yao ming type, or a steve nash/tony parker super quick guard

else you should prepare to be dissapointed

(i mean in the top 5/10)

Wait for few years when dude like Ricky Rubio announces himself for draft. Potentially No.1 pick, but this guy is simply amazing. Everyone can talk about Gallinari or whatever other talent out there, but Ricky is just a total freak of nature. He tortures everyone on defense. He is the most feared defender in Europe I would say. He was leading steals in Euroleague at the age of 16 I believe. The kid is just amazing. At the age of 17 he has a shot at making Spanish Olympic team in Beijing. Last season the kid looked like a kid, but he has worked really hard in the summer and has put on some muscle and blends in really nicely. Has a great feel in offense as well. Few more years in top European level playing in Starting 5 will just make a scary NBA ready 19 year old kid.

I am trying to find info about his contract, but he has to renegotiate it once he turns 18 this summer and as usual might sign some 5 year long stuff with some sick buyout. But should be a freak in some time.

This would the give the wolves

Gordon
McCants
Brewer
Beasley
Tyrus Thomas

Maybe a guy like Elton Brand in FA.

Anyone want some of the shit im smoking right now?

What do you think of McCants, I've only been able to see limited minutes of him this past year. He definitely has the potential to light it up, but why didn't they give him consistent minutes. Hows his defense? He seems like he can be a 20ppg SG in the league, I can't figure out why given your situation this past year, he a)didn't start, b)didn't log 30+ minutes. What's the word on McCants future? I liked his game at UNC, and hope he can break out next year.

A frontcourt combination of Lopez/Jefferson in 2 years will be top 3-5. Jefferson moving over to PF, he already dominates, but he will absolutely abuse the league. Foye/McCants/Brewer/Jefferson/Lopez, is a fucking squad in 2-3.

lopez needs to gain weight and strength first, that lack of strength will hold him back for the first year

naw, he is legit physically. like a fuckin tree trunk on the box. sure he can get thicker in the upper body, but he's nothing like a brandan wright who stood no chance in the nba. i don't think anything other than an injury can hold him back.

What do you think of McCants, I've only been able to see limited minutes of him this past year. He definitely has the potential to light it up, but why didn't they give him consistent minutes. Hows his defense? He seems like he can be a 20ppg SG in the league, I can't figure out why given your situation this past year, he a)didn't start, b)didn't log 30+ minutes. What's the word on McCants future? I liked his game at UNC, and hope he can break out next year.

A frontcourt combination of Lopez/Jefferson in 2 years will be top 3-5. Jefferson moving over to PF, he already dominates, but he will absolutely abuse the league. Foye/McCants/Brewer/Jefferson/Lopez, is a fucking squad in 2-3.

McCants shooting this year was hit and miss, one day he would shoot lights out from beyond the arc, the next he would be cold as ice. His character has been questioned a few times here. He has openely said either im a starter or trade me. He also makes some questionable decisions on the court at times.

The nice thing about Lopez is it would afford Jefferson to move to the 4, his natural position. A guy like Mayo would be money as well, as it would open the up the floor more for Jefferson.

Its really a toss-up for us, we could take Lopez who could truly be what we need, and for once maybe Mchale wont screw him up. But taking a shot at Mayo here would A.) sell tickets, B.) provide some excitement.

Now the big question about Mayo is, will he want to play in our market? How will he gell with the rest of our nucleaus? If we get him were looking at a starting 5 of

Foye Pt
McCants SG
Mayo SG/SF
Corey Brewer PF
Al Jefferson C

We will obviously lack at the Forward spot, but that youth and energy cant be ignored.

Here is a great interview with Mayo from one of the guys inside the Minnesota Media last night

Ok... As you'll know, I talked to O.J. Mayo earlier today, we didn't get to stay on the phone to long because he was kind of busy, but here are a couple of things he said...(I can't remember word for word 100% so I'm just writting what I remember)
I asked him since it's obvious that Rose & Beasley will go 1 and 2, he basically has a 90% chance to go # 3.... I said how would you feel about not being able to go to city's like Chicago & Miami but instead possibly ending up in Minny, here's what he said;
Of course you would want to have the opportunity to go to storied franchises the the Bulls & Heat and those possibilities aren't out of the picture for sure but coming into a situation in Minnesota who's in a rebuilding state of mind which means I'll be able to play with guys around my age, who have some good legs under them, & most of their stars are young lottery picks makes the situation so much better.....
I asked him how does he think he will adjust to playing in a cold city like Minny with the market not as high as other teams and this is what he said;
Well it's not like we're playing tennis,football, or soccer, we're talking about basketball, the game is played in doors and you only play 41 games in your state anyway so the weather and the outdoors can't really be a big factor. Hell look at your mans KG, it must be something in that cold air because he's been doing great his entire career!
He didn't actually answer the question clearly so I asked him about the small market stuff again and this is what he said;
Everyteam starts off as a small market team ya know? Hopefully I will be able to bring a pretty decent fanbase where ever I go. I'm going to get endorsements and all of that but I'm just looking to play basketball Will O..... It doesn't matter where I go, I just want to be around guys who I can grow up with and we can have a goal to win basketball games together.... Being the main guy isn't my goal, but being the main guy as far as helping my team win is the thing I'm shooting for...
Alright man, well I'ma try to get at you tomorrow so we can see if we can set up an interview I just got to get the timing down on thier radio station broadcast and stuff;
Aight, well we can talk about it tomorrow cause I got 2 call someone back anyway but try to get something set up that can fit my time and there's because doing a quick interview wouldn't be fair.

Hova don't need picks. He's got LBJ on the way.

If I'm Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, I'm really sweating losing LeBron James in two years. Nets co-owner Jay-Z was at the draft lottery and Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Rudy Yag were absolutely mesmerized by the guy. We know LeBron is a big fan as well and if the Nets can get under the cap and use Jay-Z as a pitch man -- he could very well become one of the most powerful owners in the league.

Will the sonics take Bayless, Westbrook or Gordon.
I would figure they go with bayless since he has alot of open floor speed and from what I hear has an awesome leaping ability. He will go well with Durant

which leads to wonder who the clippers would take they really need a guard and if bayless is gone I imagine they would take Gordon

Marlo, just when we get excited for NBA and basketball the rug gets pulled from under us. After Memphis slipped, we had something like an 82.45% chance of landing one of the Top 2 picks, and of course we don't. Christian Laettner 2.0 here we come. I FUCKING HATE DAVID STERN and his rigged draft lottery.

You mean to tell me, Chicago had 1.7% out of 100 of getting a stupid ping pong ball picked for the #1 spot and they did it? Fuck you!

The only thing MN can do in this position is trade out of the 3rd spot if they're lucky and save some cash. There are two guys I really want out of this and one is a stretch at #3 and the other probably won't be Top #5. I'm hoping some team really really wants Mayo or Bayless.

2 guys I want...

Danillo Gallinari - 6'9" shooter. Has the biggest upside of anyone outside the Top 2. But we could get him in the 5-7 range.

Russel Westbrook - PG, I love Westbrook's presence and although he's not Rose, he's not a bad consolation price, especially considering he'll be picked somewhere between 8-12. He's got star potential written all over him.

Dudes I don't want...

1) OJ Mayo - A lot of people have drank the Mayo koolaid and I'm not one of them. 1st of all, we have Foye, McCants, Brewer who all play the 2. Where does he fit? Who's the guy who gets traded?

Second, I've seen Mayo in person 5 times and I've seen about 3 practices. Mayo is horribly slow footed laterally and is really going to have a tough time defending guys like RIP, Ginobli, etc. Guys who are constantly moving and going through screens. Tim Floyd allowed him to cheat on defense and go for steals and that's why he was credited for being such a great defender because he was always around the ball, causing pressure and havoc. Well the NBA doesn't work that way. He's going to be a screen magnet. Floyd let him do that in college because he couldn't get him to play honest man-to-man defense! On the right team Mayo can be an above average player. I just think he's got a low ceiling. I took a lot of crap for this from some people but I don't think Mayo is going to be any better than Larry Hughes when he was in his prime in Washington. A better 3-point shooter, but the same type of player.

2) Jarred Bayless - 6'3" shooting guards with no clear PG skills don't fare too well in the NBA. OVER-RATED (clap-clap-clap clap clap)

Bjorks

I completely agree on Mayo, but a part of me knows he could be really special in the league. I see someone that can score, but his D is something like Melo's.

I have no idea what to do here honestly. I would support both Mayo and Lopez, but you and I both know what Mchale has done with all the big men besides KG we have brought in.

I wouldnt be apposed to trading the pick, and taking a chance at Gallinari. I could also see us drafting a guy like Jordon from A&M here.

Who knows, but ultimately McFail will screw this up, he always does.

Marlo, just when we get excited for NBA and basketball the rug gets pulled from under us. After Memphis slipped, we had something like an 82.45% chance of landing one of the Top 2 picks, and of course we don't. Christian Laettner 2.0 here we come. I FUCKING HATE DAVID STERN and his rigged draft lottery.

You mean to tell me, Chicago had 1.7% out of 100 of getting a stupid ping pong ball picked for the #1 spot and they did it? Fuck you!

The only thing MN can do in this position is trade out of the 3rd spot if they're lucky and save some cash. There are two guys I really want out of this and one is a stretch at #3 and the other probably won't be Top #5. I'm hoping some team really really wants Mayo or Bayless.

2 guys I want...

Danillo Gallinari - 6'9" shooter. Has the biggest upside of anyone outside the Top 2. But we could get him in the 5-7 range.

Russel Westbrook - PG, I love Westbrook's presence and although he's not Rose, he's not a bad consolation price, especially considering he'll be picked somewhere between 8-12. He's got star potential written all over him.

Dudes I don't want...

1) OJ Mayo - A lot of people have drank the Mayo koolaid and I'm not one of them. 1st of all, we have Foye, McCants, Brewer who all play the 2. Where does he fit? Who's the guy who gets traded?

Second, I've seen Mayo in person 5 times and I've seen about 3 practices. Mayo is horribly slow footed laterally and is really going to have a tough time defending guys like RIP, Ginobli, etc. Guys who are constantly moving and going through screens. Tim Floyd allowed him to cheat on defense and go for steals and that's why he was credited for being such a great defender because he was always around the ball, causing pressure and havoc. Well the NBA doesn't work that way. He's going to be a screen magnet. Floyd let him do that in college because he couldn't get him to play honest man-to-man defense! On the right team Mayo can be an above average player. I just think he's got a low ceiling. I took a lot of crap for this from some people but I don't think Mayo is going to be any better than Larry Hughes when he was in his prime in Washington. A better 3-point shooter, but the same type of player.

2) Jarred Bayless - 6'3" shooting guards with no clear PG skills don't fare too well in the NBA. OVER-RATED (clap-clap-clap clap clap)

I love Westbrook but come on now :36_11_6:

This will be the third straight year the Bulls have participated in the NBA's annual losers convention -- the draft lottery -- but it's the first time since 2003 that they've actually ''earned'' the invitation by being one of the 14 teams not to make the playoffs.<!--dropend-->

Back