Where my Spurs fans at?

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
you all know me....you know my obsession....i've gone to MSG maybe 10 times in the last decade with my Duncan Jersey on when they come to town....

I've worn it everyday and keep buying more topps chrome boxes to get graded Timmy Chrome rookies and even a few refractors....

I don't buy them for investments...I buy them for ME

I have seen more Spurs basketball then most Texans and haven't missed a minute of coverage....

My boys are the PERFECT fucking team....

I've been saying it for years....they're all healthy, and Pop should really instagram that check they had to write for sitting duncan/parker/green/manu for that road trip....sending them home was hilarious....

our coach is the greatest in the nba....our PF is the greatest ever....our PG is FINALLY getting the recognition he deserves and runs the greatest offense in the league....our role players are unselfish and ALWAYS make the extra pass and are ALWAYS ready to come off the bench when called. We've got the best group of 3 point shooters in the league, wanna dispute?

This is a celebration thread for game three....

third largest margin of victory in the finals all-time....
most 3 pointers made in a finals all-time...

They won EVERY quarter....Duncan set the tone and drove the team through 48 minutes of ZERO slumps....

THAT'S how you answer 18 frantic Miami minutes to end game two!!!

Duncan took that loss personally and I pity the fool who thinks AND Spur is celebrating yet.

NANANANA NANANANA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:dancing::dancing:

I said celebration post for game three...

I think his coming back in last night was pretty telling....he'll play hurt if he must....but no, I am not overly worried about the MRI results....Pop would NEVER have put him back in if there was ANYTHING to worry about...if you don't know that, then you don't know pop.... he was just trying to keep his leg loose so it didn't tighten up but still...

Parker will be fine...he doesn't dominate from explosiveness anyways....

NANANANA NANANANA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYEEEEEEEE

Born and raised in San Antonio, went to school at Texas Tech, and now live in Dallas. I am a huge, die-hard Spurs fan. This team and organization has absolutely spoiled me and the rest of San Antonio over the past 25 years.

Pray for positive results on Parker's MRI today. GO SPURS GO!!!

i know there's a few guys i've talked about spurs with...

raiderman aint the only guy here....cmon where my spurs fans at

trading for Leonard one of the better trades in recent memory. i can't think of a better one recently.

trading for Leonard one of the better trades in recent memory. i can't think of a better one recently.

I'm not a spurs fan exactly but when it comes to the spurs I don't think it matters. I'm a fan of basketball and the spurs are just a great team. Hope they close it out.

I'm not a spurs fan exactly but when it comes to the spurs I don't think it matters. I'm a fan of basketball and the spurs are just a great team. Hope they close it out.

THIS

I root for well coached teams and organizations...teams that do it right

nba, i have no idea what you talking about in post 8 ...i'm glad we're rooting for the same team.

I'm a Lakers fan and LeBron hater so I'm pulling hard for the Spurs here... I just hope you didn't jinx it with this thread.

[TABLE="width: 90%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="align: center"]INTERNET / -1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Mar 18 03:46 PM[/TD]
[TD]
TNT
[/TD]
[TD]2012/2013 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP - ODDS TO WIN
[60055] SAN ANTONIO SPURS +500
[/TD]
[TD]
100 / 500[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ARITnC80VhE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice post Ivy, great that you have made so many road games
For me, right here in SA for 26 years and have been going to games since the old and long gone arena then dome then season tix 2003-2008 at AT&T
Trying to find tickets for Thurs and / or Sunday .... Was there for finals games in 2003, 2005 and 2007 so gotta make it this year.
Spurs are just the best in so many ways, they are a huge part of this town and it has and still is an amazing run made possible from the top down.
Know several of the former players and hit golf balls with Gervin and Johnny from time to time and see David pretty often as his kids go to school with my niece and nephew.
Pretty frickin amazing

Wow....I wish man...that's awesome!

Find a way to get to game 5...IDK what happens in game 4....but I promise game 5 is a win either way

i respect the hell out of this team and want them to beat the heat.

but when the hornets were actually good for a couple years... i hated you guys so much. especially the series yall came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3, i was heartbroken... was at all the hornets home games, ughhhhh. game 7 was depressing.

MANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Miami hasn't taken 2 in a row since Chicago....Spurs never trailed last night...not for one minute....never trailed in this series....not for one day....never trailed in NBA finals history....not for one day in Duncan's 16 year career.

Noticing a pattern here?

From the beginning, I posted and laid out the structure and why 2-3-2 was FINALLY beneficial to the road team....

I said Miami will lose 1/2 @ home (which is key and was gonna be game one)
I said Miami will lose game 3, probably take game 4, lose game 5 (2/3 in favor of SAS was HIGHLY likely)
I said Miami then has to face the second and potentially third elimination game of their finals (game 4 was their first)...Too much for Miami to overcome IMO...

Miami might win game 6...but if they do...game 7 will likely be too mentally challenging and physically demanding for Miami to take. There a team that cant go all out in multiple games b/c they rely too highly on Wade's performance level and he's not up to that task anymore. James cannot beat the Spurs alone... Bosh has been pretty solid but the Spurs have so much scoring depth and so many different looks....

It's like playing chess against a grandmaster and you've started the game with 4 more pieces then you. Sure you might have the strongest piece on the board, but overwhelming depth, character, discipline, professionalism, and experience is just too much to overcome.

Game 6 winner will win the title imho.
But no reason why it shouldn't the Spurs...

Good luck!

I just had to say "manu was too old" and if he started slowly that Pop would have to cut his minutes ..... What does Pop do? He starts him and Manu responds.

Tough to run with Miami in a max effort, balls to the wall kinda game...

Their problem is, they've shown absolutely no ability to sustain that effort over consecutive games.

Love the Spurs! Duncan is my favorite player in the league and Pop is the best in the business. They play as a team better than any other team in the nba. My favorite team in. The nba up against the team I hate more than any other in the league. Really hope the Spurs pull this out!

SA has the same feel as it did when we won the other titles, can really feel the energy, hard to describe just take my word as SA native and back here for 25 years
Sure hope they win it tonight and can't wait for those margaritas and party after work today.
G O S.......P.......U.......R.......S G O

I'm a Lakers fan and LeBron hater so I'm pulling hard for the Spurs here... I just hope you didn't jinx it with this thread.

One game now for all the marbles...

Definitely quiet in here now after the choke job tonight..

Damn, I sure hope you didn't jinx it.

Still here and still believe the Spurs will win it
Pretty tough in SA today, either total hangovers or downer people everywhere but we will all be ready tomorrow
Ginobili turnovers and missed FT and sitting Duncan at the end, not like the Spurs to mess up like that
If it comes available I will be on DG props for sure and on the Spurs points and ML

Well, in true Spurs first class style the team handled the defeat as professional and the fans of SA still filled the streets to party and no incidents (professional well mannered and Fiesta practiced partiers here in SA LOL) and all the social media is almost 100% fan appreciation and down but love their Spurs.
So sickening they lost, was so sure they would win in Tuesday and obviously let a title slip away totally unlike the Spurs.
I am still and will always be a Spurs fan and am still so proud of all the team for all they mean to this city and how first class the whole organization is top to bottom.
Congrats to the Heat and as long as Coach Pop is here and likely beyond the Spurs will be contenders for another title.

I said celebration post for game three...

I think his coming back in last night was pretty telling....he'll play hurt if he must....but no, I am not overly worried about the MRI results....Pop would NEVER have put him back in if there was ANYTHING to worry about...if you don't know that, then you don't know pop.... he was just trying to keep his leg loose so it didn't tighten up but still...

Parker will be fine...he doesn't dominate from explosiveness anyways....

NANANANA NANANANA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYEEEEEEEE

Jiiiiiinx

greatest finals i've watched in a VERY long time...

never been prouder of Timmy....seein him play 80 plus minutes and slamming his hands to the floor b/c of missing that shot...seeing lebron step up like that....it was great to watch...thrilling doesn't even describe it. One bounce, one call, and it goes the other way....it was THAT close. Great series...props to all...

Lebron and Duncan gave us the greatest series we've seen in a long time. Two of the all-time greats in a career defining duel. They both earned tons of respect from the fans and each other.

Manu's effort after the game 6 loss was terrific too.

Watching Bosh's face was fantastic....He could do NOTHING, Timmy had taken over the position...points in the paint weren't even close. Pop dared Lebron to pull up and beat him...and he did.

Great series again

Nothing but respect to the Spurs. Hated that my Heat had to go through them and possibly send those boys off like that without winning a final title...

Wait did you give props to Manu? Manu Ginolbi? His performance was horrific, as was pop's coaching by leaving him in there AND drawing up a play for him.....he was awful game six and seven....played too many minutes....

BPt76JcCcAAy7qM.jpg

Back