Western Conference Finals discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 5/27[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 5/27[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]515[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.290[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 207.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]516[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Oklahoma City Thunder[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2.5 1.926[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.699[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 207.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Just like ECF - one thread for each of the Conference Finals, instead of for each game.
Will post the lines for each game in the first post, as games go on.

Surprised I seem to be in the minority in liking Oklahoma City in this series. swept san antonio in regular season. Best 2 players on the court. seems like durant's year

Surprised I seem to be in the minority in liking Oklahoma City in this series. swept san antonio in regular season. Best 2 players on the court. seems like durant's year

Agree. People seem to forget that Ellis and the 8th seed Dallas mavericks took them to 7..Westbrook should have his way, needs to play smart b-ball, which may be asking a lot..

I am with you on okc but I don't put too much relevance on the season series...

Just my take from watching game 6, but I think that "Westbrook playing smart basketball" is a big reason they won last night. Add to it his performance in game 5 that was necessary to get the win when KD was cold. I think a year has made a big difference for Westbrook. But if anyone can get inside his head it is Pop. Just ramblin' here..

Where are all the people that said Durant should return the MVP trophy?

btw that trophy is awarded for season performance only not playoffs..

The Thunder announced they are expecting Serge Ibaka (calf) to miss the rest of the playoffs.
Source: Marc Spears on Twitter

hahaha yessssssss

The Thunder announced they are expecting Serge Ibaka (calf) to miss the rest of the playoffs.

Ouch. This will certainly put a huge dent in their chances to get past the Spurs since they'll now be without their defensive backbone, especially with how the Spurs get plenty of easy buckets at the rim. Ibaka suffered a left calf injury on Thursday and the official diagnosis is a Grade II strain, which means partial tearing of the muscle. If he has already been ruled out, he's possibly looking at a torn calf muscle. With Serge out, Nick Collison will have some massive shoes to fill. Plus, Kevin Durant will see a ton of minutes at power forward while coach Scott Brooks goes to a smaller lineup throughout the game.

Where are all the people that said Durant should return the MVP trophy?

btw that trophy is awarded for season performance only not playoffs..

I was one of those people. Game 5, at home, off a loss, had a decent amount of change riding his ass and he stunk out the joint. Money makes people say things, Westbrook took the heat off him that game. He responded in Game 6 so I forgive him for now and will let him have the MVP until he costs me money again.

Regarding this series, still like the Thunder but a little less with the Ibaka news. If Collison and Adams play like they did in Game 6, Ibaka will be an afterthought.

I was one of those people. Game 5, at home, off a loss, had a decent amount of change riding his ass and he stunk out the joint. Money makes people say things, Westbrook took the heat off him that game. He responded in Game 6 so I forgive him for now and will let him have the MVP until he costs me money again.

Regarding this series, still like the Thunder but a little less with the Ibaka news. If Collison and Adams play like they did in Game 6, Ibaka will be an afterthought.

Completely understand I have said much worse... Just trying to get things stirred up

I bet the Spurs -175 for series pretty big after Serge news. Another injury derails OKC again this year.

The Thunder swept the Spurs 4-0 in the regular season. From Elias: There have been only 3 instances in NBA history where one team was 4-0 or better vs. another team in the regular season and they met in the Conference Finals. In all 3 cases, the team that swept the regular season won the playoff series as well.

Nick Collison came in for an injured Serge Ibaka at 7:24 of the third quarter and played well defensively. Clippers players were 3-of-11 for 7 points when Collison was the primary defender, all during the final 19 minutes. Clippers players were 7-of-14 for 16 points when Ibaka was the primary defender.

Coaching is the glaring disadvantage but the Spurs cannot contain both Durant and Westbrook.

Remembering Frenchie has a bum hammy. Russell is the key to this series.

I think spurs take game 1 and if you really believe in OKC, there will be a nice number for the series being down 0-1.

[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameEven, bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: GameBanner, bgcolor: #ED0003"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]NBA SERIES PRICES - May 19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: GameBannerAuto, bgcolor: #ED0003"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]NBA BASKETBALL - CONFERENCE FINALS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: GameBannerAuto, bgcolor: #ED0003"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]SERIES PRICES - BEST OF SEVEN (2-2-1-1-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameEven, bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[TD="width: 10%, align: left"]May 19[/TD]
[TD]883[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]THUNDER (SERIES)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]+175<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="4_783127_0_175">[/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameEven, bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
[TD="align: left"]9:00 PM[/TD]
[TD]884[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]SPURS (SERIES)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-210<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="5_783127_0_-210">

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Massive injury, and no Collision and Adams won't make up for the loss of Ibaka. Spurs OE in the regular season was 108.6, but versus OKC when Ibaka was on the court Spurs fell to 93.0. Spurs averaged 64.8 FG % in the restricted area vs the league but only 50.4 % vs OKC.

OKC will play Westbrook and Durant 48 minutes each if its a must win game 2 on Wed since game 3 won't be until next Sunday.

Goes both ways. Hamstring injury are brutal. Russ style won't do that any favors either.

okc has good frontcourt depth, tough injury but this doesn't hand the series to the Spurs by any means

[TABLE="class: matchupbox, width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: banner2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #222222, colspan: 8, align: left"]NBA SERIES PRICES - May 19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: banner"]
[TD="bgcolor: #426092, colspan: 8, align: left"]NBA CONFERENCE FINALS SERIES PRICES - (Best of Seven 2-2-1-1-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameOdd, bgcolor: #EFEFEF"]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="align: left"]May 19[/TD]
[TD]883[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]THUNDER[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="4_160656_0_170" style="margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 4px; margin-bottom: 4px; font-size: 18px; vertical-align: middle; width: 13px; position: relative; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(204, 204, 204) rgb(136, 136, 136) rgb(136, 136, 136) rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 0.2em 1.2em; box-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 1px; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); height: 13px; border-top-left-radius: 0px !important; border-top-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px !important; text-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.74902) 0px 1px !important;">+170[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameOdd, bgcolor: #EFEFEF"]
[TD="align: left"]8:30 PM[/TD]
[TD]884[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]SPURS[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="5_160656_0_-220" style="margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 4px; margin-bottom: 4px; font-size: 18px; vertical-align: middle; width: 13px; position: relative; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(204, 204, 204) rgb(136, 136, 136) rgb(136, 136, 136) rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 0.2em 1.2em; box-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 1px; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); height: 13px; border-top-left-radius: 0px !important; border-top-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px !important; text-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.74902) 0px 1px !important;">-220[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Today I will be on the Thunder for sure.
I took them to win the series as well, but really like the bet on them tonight.

No Ibaka means that Scott will have some sort of element of surprise. So far, Scott really outcoached Pop in my eyes, especially in the playoff series two seasons ago.

5.5 points are a lot to lay in such a game and Thunder are 9 - 1 ATS the last 10 games against the Spurs and 8 - 2 SU...

also on thunder and on the over. often when a key player is out, team step up. Past 2 meetings went Over in SA this season. Game should be a pick'em.

Leonard shuts down Durant.

Westbrook shuts down Westbrook

OKC going to have to guard the high pick n roll with Perkins, Collison, Adams, maybe we get to see some Thabeet. (doubt that)

I like Spurs to get the win tonight...give OKC more of a shot in game 2 but I see this one going 6 or 7 for sure. Home teams will do well in this series

Tough to go against KD, but I have a feeling Pop will put together a game plan to exploit the paint without Ibaka, especially with a few days to prepare.

Pop (with time to put together a gameplan) vs. Brooks alone is worth a few points on the spread. Spurs should take game 1, but I think OKC makes it a series and this goes 7.

• The Thunder, seeded second in the West, will start Nick Collison in place of Serge Ibaka (left calf strain) in Game 1. Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said while Collison will start because he defends the pick-and-roll well, this lineup might not hold for Game 2 on Wednesday. “We did not want to go small to start the first game,” Brooks said, “but that’s not saying that can’t happen going forward. Our lineups can be very fluid. We can go small in the backcourt with Reggie (Jackson) and Russell (Westbrook). We can go small in the frontcourt with Kevin (Durant) at the four or Kevin at the five.”
  • Collison, a 10-year veteran who’s made 77 career playoff appearances, got the nod over rookieSteven Adams (20 years old with 12 career playoff games). “He understands what we do,” Brooks said. “He’s just a great pro.”
  • Tony Parker (Grade 1 left hamstring strain), as expected, will start, even though he saw limited action in practice. Parker missed almost three quarters of the top-seeded Spurs’ series-clinching Game 5 victory over Portland, but that was five days ago. “We didn’t have him have contact or anything like that (in practice),” coach Gregg Popovich said. “He pretty much sat on his duff most of the time.”

It was not apparent that Parker ever hurt himself in game 7. It was kind of fishy to me. I have a vague recollection that the Spurs had the game in-hand at the time Parker left the game, and I don't think they really needed him. The injury could be contrived and some sort of gamesmanship from the Spurs trying to fuck with OKC's gameplan.

intro.gif

OKC has precisely zero chance of winning this series, and doubtful they win more than 1 game. It doesn't matter what SA shoots from the field.

Back