Week 12 Discussion Thread

It was discussed live in the ingame at the end of the first half lol

Bunch of CFB happened in a small amount of time

I ended up having lot of crap to do and missing a bunch on Saturday. Then while i was doing it got pretty buzzed up along the way and slept till freaking 12 and missed all the 1st slate of nfl, lol.

I really didn’t see any of ncst/wake, how the hell did wake score 45? Their numbers don’t look anywhere close to that??
With 3:30 left in the first half, there were 20 points on the board. Then, I bet the live under 56.5. Four minutes later there 51 points on the board. I didn't see any of that sequence.

With 3:30 left in the first half, there were 20 points on the board. Then, I bet the live under 56.5. Four minutes later there 51 points on the board. I didn't see any of that sequence.
It was a true twilight zone moment

Just looking at box score id like to take this time to reiterate how stupid ncst play callers are., 12 carries with those 2 stud rbs against that wake defense? That is beyond ignorant and the very reason I said I couldn’t play that game. They should have controlled that game instead of playing it to wakes liking. I bet clemson pounds Shipley, that could change a lot!

I think one of those RBs got hurt and not sure if he returned.

Pretty much agree, style wise I don’t think this the best matchup for them either. Smu not bad defending the run so think ridder gonna have to score w them. They did totally shut down smu offense last year, I dunno, I’m not a fan of thinkng they can just flip a switch and they been playing some suspect ass d for a month now. Smu is also protects the qb well and has multiple weapons so can’t take them all away. I can’t believe I’m saying this cause I’ve loved this cincy team for couple years now but I think they on upset alert. Maybe I’m being reactionary, I dunno?
Yea what scares me is I thought the line would be 7 max. Now I’m wondering what I’m missing

Yea what scares me is I thought the line would be 7 max. Now I’m wondering what I’m missing

The only recent common opponent and comparable spread is UCF.

10/16 UCF at Cincy -21.5 - 56-21
11/13 UCF at SMU -7 - 55-28

That example alone would imply Cincy -14.5 vs SMU without figuring in any other variables.

Couple conference "playoff" games this week!

CUSA West - UAB - UTSA
ACC Atlantic - WF - Clemson (Clem needs to win and have WF lose next week)
ACC Coastal - UVA - Pitt
B1G East - MSU - OSU
PAC 12 - Ore - Utah (this should be P12 Title game preview)

New Mexico State back-to-back SEC road trips!
I thought the NM St thing was a misprint earlier. That’s awesome

Couple initial thoughts:

Looks like we gonna keep getting value w Bc! I’ll take -3 against noles all day please.

Hoosiers look done to me, gophers outta boat race them.

I think Gtech can stay within that number against Irish.

Cincy laying too many me thinks, not sure they can shut down smu offense amd they not all that explosive when they have ball.

Lot of gross games on the card this week.
Yea I think I’ll take the points with the ponies for sure.

How’s the weather you seen?

For about 15 years Auburn has been playing non-conference cupcakes or had an open date before Bama. They haven't played an SEC opponent the week before Alabama in a long, long time.
Outside of last year, this is correct. And they did cover last year the week before Alabama. But they also had 2 more games after due to makeups

I dunno? I mean cincy did blow them out last year, I think they more than capable of clamping down on smu and making life miserable for Mortoci (I’m sure I’m spelling wrong but whatever), problem is they havnt been playing that high a level defense of late. I know kj thinks it just cause they havnt been inspired vs these scrubs but even if that true I’m not a big fan of teams thinking they can flip a switch after coasting for a month. Even if cincy d does kick it up a notch im not sure the offense can pull away, smu pretty stout vs the run so it will be on ridder, at some point smu gonna score some points, feel like if they can get to 20 they cover this number.

Miami Oh and Kent play next week to decide the East. I don't think it matters if one or both were to lose this week. So there is another look ahead spot. @2daBank is this your Akron ML game? Kent O ran them out of stadium 2nd H last year as I recall.
Akron-Kent is the Wagon Wheel game, I'd be surprised by a lookahead.

I dunno? I mean cincy did blow them out last year, I think they more than capable of clamping down on smu and making life miserable for Mortoci (I’m sure I’m spelling wrong but whatever), problem is they havnt been playing that high a level defense of late. I know kj thinks it just cause they havnt been inspired vs these scrubs but even if that true I’m not a big fan of teams thinking they can flip a switch after coasting for a month. Even if cincy d does kick it up a notch im not sure the offense can pull away, smu pretty stout vs the run so it will be on ridder, at some point smu gonna score some points, feel like if they can get to 20 they cover this number.

Cincinnati was just better last year. They are still capable of playing to that level, but rarely do. So while they win comfortably last year, that would not be what I assume happens this year. Looked at the Phil Steele book and it says that game was just 14-10 HT.

I am going to expect a competitive game that can go either way. The points appear generous. SMU will have to make a lot of mistakes to not cover.

Cincinnati was just better last year. They are still capable of playing to that level, but rarely do. So while they win comfortably last year, that would not be what I assume happens this year. Looked at the Phil Steele book and it says that game was just 14-10 HT.

I am going to expect a competitive game that can go either way. The points appear generous. SMU will have to make a lot of mistakes to not cover.

i agree im just trying to explain maybe why spread is that high?

Sometimes in rivalry games when one team has more to play for somewhere else, the proverbial bigger fish to fry, that is when an upset can happen.

Especially if it been a one sided deal where one team has been stomping the other which without looking I’d assume the case here?

Outside of last year, this is correct. And they did cover last year the week before Alabama. But they also had 2 more games after due to makeups

I heard this morning Nix broke his ankle, that can’t be good. I can’t believe the contrast in halves last week, thought aub was gonna won easy and somehow they got destroyed after half! Was that them being overconfident in locker room or incredible adjustments by leech? Messy st couldn’t do anything offensively in that 1st half then in the second the qb goes 24-26 with 5 tds!! You don’t see that kind of thing real often!!

I heard this morning Nix broke his ankle, that can’t be good. I can’t believe the contrast in halves last week, thought aub was gonna won easy and somehow they got destroyed after half! Was that them being overconfident in locker room or incredible adjustments by leech? Messy st couldn’t do anything offensively in that 1st half then in the second the qb goes 24-26 with 5 tds!! You don’t see that kind of thing real often!!
I didn't see the first half, so I can't comment on what changed. Nix said something after the game about how all the energy just left the stadium at halftime, and they couldn't get any momentum after. Of course, the injury to Nix was probably a big factor in his play

Didn't MSU do this exact thing in game 1 against La Tech? Had a huge 2nd half comeback?

I didn't see the first half, so I can't comment on what changed. Nix said something after the game about how all the energy just left the stadium at halftime, and they couldn't get any momentum after. Of course, the injury to Nix was probably a big factor in his play

Didn't MSU do this exact thing in game 1 against La Tech? Had a huge 2nd half comeback?

think so,, much different quality of comp tho. it didnt shock me that aub offense got shut down in 2nd so much, i was shocked they scored at will in 1st half, it just shocked me messy st offense was able to pick aub d apart in the 2nd half.

That was Miss State's largest comeback in program history, the one vs La Tech before the Auburn one.

It started in the 1st H. They had that last drive of the half, just their 4th of the game, maybe figured some things out, maybe QB started seeing the field better, maybe OL recognized what was happening, went into locker room and built off of that. I'd have to read some local press about reviews of the game, from afar I'd just give credit to Arnett, again, go into the locker room, fix what wasn't working.

I seem to recall that Leach was involved in two of the three biggest bowl comebacks I can think of — like 30-point comebacks, winning one and losing the other.

In 2006, Tech beat Minnesota after trailing 38-7 half way through the third. Can’t recall the other.

I seem to recall that Leach was involved in two of the three biggest bowl comebacks I can think of — like 30-point comebacks, winning one and losing the other.

In 2006, Tech beat Minnesota after trailing 38-7 half way through the third. Can’t recall the other.
All I remember is him not protecting a lead. Continuing to pass and stop the clock, when all he had to do was run..

Clemson hasn't given up more than 27 all year.....I dont think WF is going to get much more if at all. Clemson still has a top 5 defense, and if the offense can move the ball against a terrible WF D, then the Clemson defense won't be in bad situations.....Clemson wins this by 14+

Clemson hasn't given up more than 27 all year.....I dont think WF is going to get much more if at all. Clemson still has a top 5 defense, and if the offense can move the ball against a terrible WF D, then the Clemson defense won't be in bad situations.....Clemson wins this by 14+

i think ill be on clemson also, certainly leaning that way, sounds like shipely healthy and think he the key. tigers should be able to do what i thought ncst could but was skeptical they would since their play calling stinks!! dont think wake will get nearly the amount of possessions this week, i dunno if i trust clemson offense to win by 14+, DJ didnt even complete 50% against ucon! but i do think they will control game with rushing attack and should cover the number.

i sure dont understand noles taking money this week, i get they playing better but i think bc with Jurkovec one the best teams in the acc. Dunno if im missing something or what?

i sure dont understand noles taking money this week, i get they playing better but i think bc with Jurkovec one the best teams in the acc. Dunno if im missing something or what?
You're not missing anything. Casual fans betting FSU like usual and they just beat Miami.... Havent looked at the weather, but I'm gonna assume the temp is prolly 30+ degrees cooler during the game than a normal Miami November.....I have no stats, but Florida teams playing up north late in the season usually isn't a good thing for them

im just really starting on card this week so maybe ill see what oddsmakers seeing but at 1st glance uva getting 14.5 at pitt seems nuts!! everyone knows i been a big pitt fan but this line crazy to me if Armstrong playing which i assume he is? To me this line only makes sense if he not.

You're not missing anything. Casual fans betting FSU like usual and they just beat Miami.... Havent looked at the weather, but I'm gonna assume the temp is prolly 30+ degrees cooler during the game than a normal Miami November.....I have no stats, but Florida teams playing up north late in the season usually isn't a good thing for them

i could def see the case for thinking noles offense gonna have success on the ground, so far that my one sticking point is BC has struggled with teams who have running qbs which obviously is Travis best asset. Thing is Bc should be able to throw all over the noles, maybe ppl are looking at BC passing stats on the year which obviously dont mean much since they had a crappy qb playing in most of those! lol.. Jurk gonna have his way thru the air i think. maybe the over is something to look at?

i watched a lot the canes/noles game and while fsu deserves some credit the truth of the matter is that was the 1st game ive seen VanDyke look like a freshman, he missed a lot of open guys in the 1st half of that game. He was still able to throw for 300+ and 4tds and he left a lot out there in the 1st half imo, it really wasnt anything fsu was doing, he had time, guys were running wide open, and he just missed them, I dont expect that to happen this week.

i watched a lot the canes/noles game and while fsu deserves some credit the truth of the matter is that was the 1st game ive seen VanDyke look like a freshman, he missed a lot of open guys in the 1st half of that game. He was still able to throw for 300+ and 4tds and he left a lot out there in the 1st half imo, it really wasnt anything fsu was doing, he had time, guys were running wide open, and he just missed them, I dont expect that to happen this week.
Obv I'm on BC but a point to be made is that teams who we wanted to fade early on have a bunch more chemistry than they did then. Happens every year in sports that have such a high turnover rate and can't keep living on week 2 and 3 vibes

Obv I'm on BC but a point to be made is that teams who we wanted to fade early on have a bunch more chemistry than they did then. Happens every year in sports that have such a high turnover rate and can't keep living on week 2 and 3 vibes

i hear ya, i dont much worry bout what a team looked like early on, obviously it took noles a bunch of time to even figure out what the are/which qb to play with, and i do worry what they are offensively matches up well with BC, bc has struggled pretty much vs every team with a run 1st type qb which the main reason they allowing 5ypc on the ground,. noles will def be able to run on them, not sure if they will have much success if bc can turn Travis into a passer tho? Watching noles last week i feel pretty confident Jurkovec will be able to pass all over them, the over might be a decent play but both teams defenses have been really good in the red zone which gives me pause.

Reactions: KJ
If Louisville scores 30pts a game and Duke gives up 34pts, why is Bovada's team total 40.5 on the road at Duke?

If Louisville scores 30pts a game and Duke gives up 34pts, why is Bovada's team total 40.5 on the road at Duke?
Quick hitter but I think Ville will gladly indulge on a different pace that Duke wants to play at. Those stats aren't really meaningful when this will be both teams' fastest game and Ville can score better than anyone Duke has played (yes UK included)

Clemson’s D has had Wake’s number, holding them to 26, 31, 33, and 24 points below their season average the last four years. In 2019, Clemson held Wake to 105 yards.

Skalski and Turner are facing this offense for the fifth time.

Quick hitter but I think Ville will gladly indulge on a different pace that Duke wants to play at. Those stats aren't really meaningful when this will be both teams' fastest game and Ville can score better than anyone Duke has played (yes UK included)
Why do you expect it to be fast?

Why do you expect it to be fast?
Little tidbit into my brain

I love teams that can execute at a fast pace going on the road and trying to eliminate the thing the slower paced team needs to do to stay in the game. Ville 1h could be fun, I expect a bunch of no huddle from Ville early.

I played UL 1h and full game.
Get it

Honestly I think more in the line of how and why to fade teams than vice versa. I think Louisville has the chops to make Duke play their game and it could get ugly. That said, a couple early turnover would flip that theory on its head.

Get it

Honestly I think more in the line of how and why to fade teams than vice versa. I think Louisville has the chops to make Duke play their game and it could get ugly. That said, a couple early turnover would flip that theory on its head.
The last seven years, Duke is something like 3-15-2 ATS after playing UNC. And it’s worse when they aren’t off extra rest.

The last seven years, Duke is something like 3-15-2 ATS after playing UNC. And it’s worse when they aren’t off extra rest.
I just hope Ville shows up. If so, this shouldn't be a sweat

Duke covered after UNC (if the line was 4.5) this year and that was 5 weeks ago. What are you saying here?

Back