Weekly Thread 1.12 to 1.18

I personally feel that the line is wrong in Chicago game, regardless of what happens. Bookies can hope to strike lucky if Cavs will cover, but the line is just wrong. Chicago without Gooden and Hinrich were only +2 at home, suddenly, when Cleveland without Ilgauskas and maybe Big Ben, they get -8 to cover?
WTF???
I doubt anyone will be surprised if Cleveland lose this one SU or win this one by DD, but still, +8????
Good luck!

I laid the deuce last time the Cavs went into Chi-town and will be grabbing the 8 with da bulls this time round.. with you here, Nut. GL

Starting to get interesting. Apparently with the possible exception of BC I am the only person on this site that thinks Cleveland covers. What terrible news that is. BOL

Agree with your thoughts on Chicago. GL tonight Nut, only played Chicago 1st Q, 2nd Q, and 1st H as I'm pretty sure we see the same script here. Chicago comes out fired up, likely lead at halftime, tread water in the 3rd, to have lebron make it a game and probably win by small in the 4th. I'd hate to see FTs turn a small 4th Qtr lead turn into a 9/10 pt W, so I'm just on 1st H. GL tho man

I have to admit that I missed Drew Gooden DNP last night . Wasnt around most of the night yesterday and quickly looked at the game recaps then only glanced at some of the stuff this morning . Would like him to play and wont be changing the game play but might lower my half play by buying some Cavs 1st H..not sure yet and just walked in trying to catch up ...

:cheers:

Divol - thats basically how I feel . I understand the 1st meeting was earlier in the season and the CAVS did not carry the weight they do now and CHI had higher expectations but I still cant equate CHICAGO to Memphis or the Wizards...(plus the player absences)BOL

Grind4Mine - Good Luck bro..

Tuck- Thanks , same to you . You know how it is at then end of the game hopefully I get some aspect of it correct and its profitable . The Cavs and pts really dont matter w/o looking I doubt they have many SU wins and ATS losses so I would have to believe that CHI could beat them to play them . :cheers:

SF- Sounds like a solid plan. Probably something similiar for me but just going to look at a few things before I decide. GL

Starting to get interesting. Apparently with the possible exception of BC I am the only person on this site that thinks Cleveland covers. What terrible news that is. BOL

and then there were three. :D

GL tonight SN :cheers:

I'm still not interested in betting against home teams, but CLE's stats make it too hard to take the Bulls. Plus it's not like Home dogs are killing it this season.

BOL Nut:cheers:

BC- Clearly I agree with the fact playing on CLE has not been a bad thing and CHI really hasnt shown much of anything to warrant any faith . One of those games were its interesting to see how it actually plays out( trying to jump the gun on a Bulls streak I do admit) . I do have to do a better job keeping up with your saturation threads though since I use it in a similiar process . Cavs by 8 is good with me ...Here is one you will like and may already know the winner in Cavs road games is 16-1 ATS . Cavs either win and cover or lose SU . The lone exception was Cavs win by 11 @ OKC laying -13. Think they only had 3 or 4 home wins that were non covers as well ...GL as well .:cheers:Good Luck Satyr as well ..

BOL tonite SportsN !

I'm starting the night with a try on Nj/Por 1stq over 46.5
I think it's very low, both will want to get to a good start, i expect a better start percentage for Portland and Sergio Rodriguez is starting at pg so i have doubts about his defence on Harris. Also Rudy Fernadez playing is a plus:
"In other news, Rudy Fernandez will play tonight after missing Wednesday's game against Philadelphia with a sore left foot. McMillan said he will substitute early in order to get Rodriguez and Fernandez in the game together so they can play off each other."

Plays:

Nets +2.5 -120 but trying for +3-120 still (200)
1st Quarter NJN +0.5 (80)
1st Half Nets +1 (200)
3rd Quarter Blazers -0.5 (80)
TT Over 93 NJN (80)
TT Under 95 Portland (40)

Bulls +9 -120 (200) ML +280 (40)
1st Half Bulls +4.5 (280)?
1st Quarter Bulls +2.5 (80)
4th Quarter Cavs -1.5 (80)

Thoughts :

Small trends 1-8 ATS L9 away for Port and 0-4 ATS after DD SU losses vs NJN 8-2 ATS L10 on no rest and 13-4 ATS after SU DD losses

BOL tonite SportsN !

I'm starting the night with a try on Nj/Por 1stq over 46.5
I think it's very low, both will want to get to a good start, i expect a better start percentage for Portland and Sergio Rodriguez is starting at pg so i have doubts about his defence on Harris. Also Rudy Fernadez playing is a plus:
"In other news, Rudy Fernandez will play tonight after missing Wednesday's game against Philadelphia with a sore left foot. McMillan said he will substitute early in order to get Rodriguez and Fernandez in the game together so they can play off each other."

I kinda want to play the game over but went with messing with the TT small . NJN is an OVER monster in B2Bs think 9-2 so far ...:cheers::cheers:

Damn computer decides to freeze now !

Anyway for the Cavs / Bulls game took some of the 1st H play off by adding Cavs -4.5 1st Half for 80 and added 40 to the game line at +8.5 -125 ...

Be back shortly just trying to straighten this shit out...

Last edited:
Plays:

Nets +2.5 -120 (200)
1st Quarter NJN +0.5 (80) WIN
1st Half Nets +1 (200) WIN
3rd Quarter Blazers -0.5 (80)
TT Over 93 NJN (80)
TT Under 95 Portland (40)

Bulls +9 -120 (200) ML +280 (40) +8.5 -125 (40)
1st Half Bulls +4.5 (280) hedged Cavs -4.5 +100 (80)
1st Quarter Bulls +2.5 (80) -88

Undecided on the late game ..GL

Last edited:
Nice hit btw on the 1st Quarter over @ NJN ..flew OVER ! Good start betman ! Now I have to shutdown and restart my laptop so it stops working at a snail's pace:cheers:

Thanks Bet . Even better because I am home following them tonight unlike the past few days ...BOL the rest of the way

add:
2nd Half Under 95.5 NJN (80)

Suns +2 -115 full game (200)
3rd Quarter Suns +0.5 (80)
4th Quarter Suns +0.5 (80)
Under 219 -120 (120)

Fuck, why do I always have to sweat. BUlls/Cavs are starting to heat up.

The NBA seems like every game is always live comethe 4th Quarter ...easy overs slow down time after time , easy unders suddenly cant miss , 20 pt leads become 8 and 2 pt leads become 6 pt defecits .....NBA should be spelled A-D-V-I-L . Good Luck bro , assuming you have the Under ..:cheers:

Also why I choose to usually have a movie or TV show on rather the game. CBS , ESPN , yahoosports do enough for me with the updates , play by play logs, etc to keep me informed ...

The NBA seems like every game is always live comethe 4th Quarter ...easy overs slow down time after time , easy unders suddenly cant miss , 20 pt leads become 8 and 2 pt leads become 6 pt defecits .....NBA should be spelled A-D-V-I-L . Good Luck bro , assuming you have the Under ..:cheers:

No doubt, I think that also applies for ncaa basketball. Also, if you need a wr to make a catch and walk in the end zone for a td (fresno st) to get the over, he'll drop it.

Hypothetically, if you've already got the push and you;re on the over, both teams will go scoreless in the last 3 minutes.:36_11_6:

I'm a smart man, why am I doing this?

Also why I choose to usually have a movie or TV show on rather the game. CBS , ESPN , yahoosports do enough for me with the updates , play by play logs, etc to keep me informed ...

Seriously win/lose, it's been awhile since I didn't have to sweat. Actually, when I lose, it's been decisive lately.:hang:

Betman - All depends . How much I already have on the game pending would be a big factor . The other factor which weighs heavily is the fact CLE on the road has seen the SU winner go 16-1 so theoritically the points are not exactly what matters here . So if you have some wiggle room maybe you add a bit but on the other hand I dont think yo can dive in and just start adding because you get a better then the original game line spread either . What to say you dont effectively get that with the Halftime line...I dont have that much experience with playing in games so I cant really say what type approach works in the long run ...:cheers:

Ram- It is a great feeling KNOWING when you are about to get fucked whether your easy win is slipping through your fingers or your so called easy win is catching that perfect storm to sink your ship ...

In all seriousness the NBA is the one sport where its really never over . There are some insane things that happen over the course of a season . Literally anything can and will happen especially when you wagered on it ...was hoping the BULLS 1st Half didnt become one after being up 5 pts with 4 minutes or so ...

As for the error in amounts not really or at least not in a very long time . If you have had that windfall recently hope you can flip it to some more "free" cash..

Lorenzen is starting as well...

And the Blazers rallied to win and even better CASH another 3rd Quarter . Although I hope it doesnt come at the cost of the full game NJN play which is much bigger ...:cheers:

Well me neither and I have most of the games on live but i usually rarely touch them except when i want to get a better price on a game. i took 3 small bets though now at the end of 1st q over 96.5 1st half Cle, sometime in the 1st q Chi +6.5 1st half and then when Chi where leading 22-9 in second quarter Cle+0.5 1st half so it went ok this time.

Plays:

Nets +2.5 -120 (200) -240
1st Quarter NJN +0.5 (80) WIN
1st Half Nets +1 (200) WIN
3rd Quarter Blazers -0.5 (80)WIN
TT Over 93 NJN (80) WIN
TT Under 95 Portland (40) -44
+156

Bulls +9 -120 (200) ML +280 (40) +8.5 -125 (40)
1st Half Bulls +4.5 (280) hedged Cavs -4.5 +100 (80)WIN (net +200)
1st Quarter Bulls +2.5 (80) -88
+112

Suns +2 -115 full game (200)
1st Quarter Nuggets -1 (120)
3rd Quarter Suns +0.5 (80)
4th Quarter Suns +0.5 (40) reduced (-4 to do so )
Under 219 -120 ? (120)

Prop: Amare Over 22.5 pts -120 (80)

2nd Half
Under 95.5 NJN (80) -88
Bulls +4.5 -115 (40)

Note :
Was interested to see if there was any JR Smith scoring props but didnt see one or have one offered. Would have been interested in an over points here play ..think he has a solid game..

Last edited:
Shaquille O'Neal will not play on Thursday against the Nuggets, meaning he will likely play Friday at home against the Timberwolves.

Shaq usually sits out one game in a back-to-back scenario, so for whatever reason coach Terry Porter decided to use the big fella against Al Jefferson on Friday, rather than against Nene tonight. Robin Lopez will get the start in his place. Jan. 15 - 9:23 pm et

would that make you like the over more or less?

Liked the UNDER originally and would say moves me to neutral now. I really dont like the Over because Billups is also listed as battling undisclosed illness (flu maybe ??) . It does help the over though not having the big guy clog up the middle but I am stuck in no mans land on this total now . Dont really have an opinion at the moment and may just get out of the UNDER I played...:cheers:

Saq will sit tonite ! I took Pho since yesterday but am a little worried now. They have gone 2-4 in the previous six he has missed. Opinions?

Shaq missed 5 games the OVER is 3-2 .

Worse part is they are 1-4 SU with a 1 pt win ...

vs IND L 110-113 226.5 (-9)

vs ORL W 113-112 209 (-2)

@ LAL L 110-115 216 (+13.5 spread)

@ NO L 91-104 193 (+9)

@OKC W 99-98 202 (-10)

Saq will sit tonite ! I took Pho since yesterday but am a little worried now. They have gone 2-4 in the previous six he has missed. Opinions?

Suns have played poorly in the 1st and usually the 4th Quarter depending on how competitive the game was . The best 1st Q think was down 4 @ LAL which was probably a push ..they won @ OKC by 1 but were probably -3 ...

So probably getting out of my 4th Quarter Suns play and adding a 1st Quarter DEN play ...

Added :

1st Quarter DEN -1 (120)

took off some of my 4th Quarter Suns play was 80 now 40 paid the 4 buck vig...

Lol i checked and saw that one too. They always got to a bad start. :)
They won vs Orlando and Okc, and also lost vs Chi when Shaq was out. So they are 2-4 Su

Back