Weekly Thread 1.12 to 1.18

Right now all I am going to bet is Lakers 1st Qtr. Will watch the first half and make a 2nd half play based on how the game is going.

Suns by 4 at half lose the 1st H play by the hook ....and DET might be the worst team ever in this recent rut in the 4th Quarter ....

:cheers:Not sure about the LAL game yet amd just sticking to the listed 10 pm shit ..

Suns by 4 at half lose the 1st H play by the hook ....and DET might be the worst team ever in this recent rut in the 4th Quarter ....

wash game was a ride..glad we won that though

Detriot is floundering BIG time...ride the cash train on them til it falters i suppose...OKC ML

Last few adds ...

1st Quarter GSW +0.5 (80)
1st Half GSW +0.5 +100 (160)
GSW +2.5 -120 (80)

1st Quarter Orl +1 +100 (120)
2nd Quarter LAL -1 (80)
3rd Quarter LAL -1 (120)
4th Quarter LAL -0.5 (80)
4th Quarter Under 52.5 (80)
1st Half Orl +2 (120)
LAL ML -180 (80)

Under 216 -120 (200) changed my mind on the total

GL:cheers:

We match on the fourth quarter under although I got 53 at 5d. Did not have a side first quarter their patterns were to light it up so I bet it over and the first half over light. Also played Atlanta under first half 106 which may be silly we will see. GL

We match on the fourth quarter under although I got 53 at 5d. Did not have a side first quarter their patterns were to light it up so I bet it over and the first half over light. Also played Atlanta under first half 106 which may be silly we will see. GL

Good Luck bro. I intended to play the GSW 1st Half but simply slipped my mind when i was scrambling to finish . The only reason I played GSW early was the possibility of the return of Steph Jax being an emotional lift as well as looking for a fast start after losing such a hard fought game vs SAC . Would have thought the losing team was dying to get back on the court and their "leader" returning I hope will be a positive...the other game ORL has been solid in teh 1st Quarter away all season and was thinking maybe the magic touch lasted a tad longer ....:cheers:

wash game was a ride..glad we won that though

Detriot is floundering BIG time...ride the cash train on them til it falters i suppose...OKC ML

Kinda crazy they couldnt win this one sure doesnt get easier but yeah I am done with them ...:cheers:

Now I get it. Overs are hopeless. Cleveland has beaten the Lakers 5 in a row. This is another practice game:36_11_6:

Now I get it. Overs are hopeless. Cleveland has beaten the Lakers 5 in a row. This is another practice game:36_11_6:

I so agree and said the samething at some point myself but I think the word UNDER has barely been mentioned past 2 days . WHich slipped my mind when originally looking at the card....GL:cheers:

Thats about how I can sum up a few choice poor mistakes I made today ...:hang:

2nd Half:

Under 103.5 Kings (80)

Really not seeing why the Kings fight back here in the 2nd H . Love both teams depth but definetly think MILW could be slowing down with a game @ LAC on deck...might have to lay the crazy -5 in the 2nd Half as well ...thinking about it ..:cheers:

Not touching SAC 2nd Half probably will continue to fuck myself tonight with some bad Quarter or Half plays (think MILW 4th Q here ) but so be it ......:cheers:

I am going with the over 106.5 in the Lakers/Magic game. The Magic were cold and I expect them to pickup their shooting in the 2nd half. I still expect this to be a close game with a lot of free throws at the end. I expect the pace to pickup.

that is true betman, and that is why this is a small bet for me. I am also playing the over on the Warriors and Hawks 2nd half

I am rolling with Lakers for 2nd half but that is more an retaliation bet. Good luck with your over. Even if they get to a big lead reserves can play a very open game.:cheers:

Nothing specific really in the 2nd H ..

GSW +2 (120)
Under 110 (40)

Lakers +0.5 (200)

Just playing the Magic to finally fall apart after the crazy ass three pt shotting run for 3 games .....LAL is 3rd in 4 days but they also lost @ ORL this season ....so looking for a similiar type game as the CLE 2md Half.

Probably should stay away from the Under @ GSW but took a crazy run to even get to 107 so thinking 110 could be value still . Thought GSW won the game and since the line wasnt set that strong just riding the Warriors in the 2nd Half nothing to it really:cheers:

Doing shitty on 2nd Half plays so take them for what they are worth today...

Last few days I should have just called it a night after the 1st few games ...my decisions SUCK this week ...keep ignoring every warning sign game after game lately .....oh well ...update this shit tmrw going to get sleep.....

Leaning NJN 1st and 4th Quarters with Boston in the middle Quarters :cheers:

hang in there bro

i feel same way...just cause there r nite games dont mean i need to have action on them....lol

pick ur strong spots and call it a nite

hang in there bro

i feel same way...just cause there r nite games dont mean i need to have action on them....lol

pick ur strong spots and call it a nite

I know this will sound worse reading then I mean it to be but seem to get to a point where I just need to make it harder then really iscause I am sort of bored with it . Have to get more involved in trying to win the game half by half then quarter bu quarter and if I dont beat every game its just really uninteresting ....I think I create challenges for myself for no good reason ....

Who knows ...all I know is today will be a focused day ...lol ...

:cheers:

I know this will sound worse reading then I mean it to be but seem to get to a point where I just need to make it harder then really iscause I am sort of bored with it . Have to get more involved in trying to win the game half by half then quarter bu quarter and if I dont beat every game its just really uninteresting ....I think I create challenges for myself for no good reason ....

Who knows ...all I know is today will be a focused day ...lol ...

This will also sound worse reading than I mean it, but I think you have the ability to make a lot more money if you didn't try to make it such a challenge. I do understand what you're saying about it being boring, but boring wins money. You do extremely well even with creating extra challenges. :shake:

1 Pm tilt :

Wont b around till later and then I will update everything .

Nets +7.5 -120 (320) ML +250 (40)
1st Half Nets +4 -120 (240)
1st Quarter NJN +2 (120)
2nd Quarter NJN +1.5 (40)
4th Quarter NJN +1.5 (80)
Over 191 (80)

Thoughts :
The Nets have this game sort of circled . Now when I say circle please realize I consider NJN a bad team but with 2 players in VC and Harris capable of dropping career type nights at any given moment the word does mean something IMO.

The teams meet again on Saturday night at New Jersey.
"We didn't have too much fight," Harris said. "We've still got a lot of work to do and I look forward to the next game."

"We really let them control the momentum in the third quarter," Anderson said. "They are a great defensive team (and) definitely altered our shots."

But New Jersey's Vince Carter was even worse - 1-for-9 with four points in the half. Carter limped off the court with a sprained right ankle with 7:09 left in the first quarter but returned 5 minutes later. He finished with four points on 1-of-10 shooting. Now NJN was going back and forth until Allen hit a three around 5:30 to go in the 1st and Boston never looked back then NJN started the 2nd Quarter ICE COLD . So going to fill in the blanks and say VC absence had something to do with it with a team already adjusting to having Yi who has playing real well OUT ...

Boston has slowly gotten back on track and now had 2 days off with a pretty big stretch ahead starting with hosting PHO on the 19th . How Interested are they in a SAT matinee in NJ of all places ( The Swamp!) , after just throwing them a beatdown ? They are conference rivals(divisional actually but when was the last time NJN actually beat them?) .....Pho , @ Miami , @ ORL , vs Dallas await in the near future..where NJN has a road trip coming up which makes this a must win to get on track before that happens but with 3 days till that starts hopefully they use everything including the KITCHEN SINK to get a win .. Just think a team which is 3-6 SU L9 and has a 6 pt win @ Tor laying -5.5 and narrow win @ ATL(ATS loss) in that bunch hs only beatdown the Defenseless Kings (pun intended)..

The unusual Sat 1 PM start time HOPEFULLY pust the vet Celtics a tad off their game . These guys arent really used to 1 PM road games on Saturday not really ever ...yes, they started fast @ Toronto this past Sunday but that was also when they were limping in off some poor play and a loss @ Cleveland ...point is they had motivation behind them ...

Talking practice(Boston Herald article snipet)http://news.bostonherald.com/sports...5&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull

The Celts got in their first real practice since New Year’s Day, but it wasn’t much of a session.

“We were just terrible,” Rivers said. “That’s all right. It happens. At least you had one. Sometimes you practice bad habits, you play with bad habits. But I just thought we needed to get out on the floor and just see things.”

Eddie House rolled an ankle but should play still ankle injuries are always a HUGE ??? especially when your making a living as a jump shooter ...so that could further thin the bench (or at least its success) with T.Allen and Perkins still out, forcing Scalbrine the former Net and cult hero to start at the spot .....

Now the article also states Boston knows they cant take NJN lightily and it will be a different NJ team . Let's face Boston does not have 3 HOFs and a PG for a coach and doesnt understand the little things about the game ...

In that poor road strecth they have lost to shorthanded Portland and GSW out West , Charlotte in OT and @ NYK ......so bad teams have beat them....

Its risky fading Boston when they are possibly starting to get on a roll . I like the fact NJN went to the line 37 times in the last game , I like the scheduking aspect of it , I like maybe even love the fact Boston is off a sloppy practice because that is usually a bad sign .....

Anyway thats my thought process ...IF Boston wins the 1st Half then will repeat that play in the 2nd Half ....so (240) on NJN at HALFTIME if they do NOT COVER the 1st HALF SPREAD and (160) if it PUSHES the 4 . The twist is I wont be around to post it so thats my gameplan and I may hedge if for some reason the Nets have a big 1st HALF LEAD ..at least enough for the 4th Quarter Play to be essentially washed out ....

Made a bunch of plays already on some games ...

NYK +3 -120 is the only one that really moved , Nuggets ML -115 and Nuggets 4th Quarter , LAC +3.5 -120 and looking at NOH ML -140 (but DET home pup ?) , and waiting on Da Bulls +4 -120 or better plus ML ..

Later !:cheers:

1 Pm tilt :

Wont b around till later and then I will update everything .

Nets +7.5 -120 (320) ML +250 (40) -424
1st Half Nets +4 -120 (240) -288
1st Quarter NJN +2 -105(120) -126
2nd Quarter NJN +1.5 (40) -44
4th Quarter NJN +1.5 (80) +80
Over 191 (80) -88 (ends on 190)
2nd Half NJN -2.5 (280) +280

Net : -614

Thoughts :
The Nets have this game sort of circled . Now when I say circle please realize I consider NJN a bad team but with 2 players in VC and Harris capable of dropping career type nights at any given moment the word does mean something IMO.

The teams meet again on Saturday night at New Jersey.
"We didn't have too much fight," Harris said. "We've still got a lot of work to do and I look forward to the next game."

"We really let them control the momentum in the third quarter," Anderson said. "They are a great defensive team (and) definitely altered our shots."

But New Jersey's Vince Carter was even worse - 1-for-9 with four points in the half. Carter limped off the court with a sprained right ankle with 7:09 left in the first quarter but returned 5 minutes later. He finished with four points on 1-of-10 shooting. Now NJN was going back and forth until Allen hit a three around 5:30 to go in the 1st and Boston never looked back then NJN started the 2nd Quarter ICE COLD . So going to fill in the blanks and say VC absence had something to do with it with a team already adjusting to having Yi who has playing real well OUT ...

Boston has slowly gotten back on track and now had 2 days off with a pretty big stretch ahead starting with hosting PHO on the 19th . How Interested are they in a SAT matinee in NJ of all places ( The Swamp!) , after just throwing them a beatdown ? They are conference rivals(divisional actually but when was the last time NJN actually beat them?) .....Pho , @ Miami , @ ORL , vs Dallas await in the near future..where NJN has a road trip coming up which makes this a must win to get on track before that happens but with 3 days till that starts hopefully they use everything including the KITCHEN SINK to get a win .. Just think a team which is 3-6 SU L9 and has a 6 pt win @ Tor laying -5.5 and narrow win @ ATL(ATS loss) in that bunch hs only beatdown the Defenseless Kings (pun intended)..

The unusual Sat 1 PM start time HOPEFULLY pust the vet Celtics a tad off their game . These guys arent really used to 1 PM road games on Saturday not really ever ...yes, they started fast @ Toronto this past Sunday but that was also when they were limping in off some poor play and a loss @ Cleveland ...point is they had motivation behind them ...

Talking practice(Boston Herald article snipet)http://news.bostonherald.com/sports...5&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull

The Celts got in their first real practice since New Year’s Day, but it wasn’t much of a session.

“We were just terrible,” Rivers said. “That’s all right. It happens. At least you had one. Sometimes you practice bad habits, you play with bad habits. But I just thought we needed to get out on the floor and just see things.”

Eddie House rolled an ankle but should play still ankle injuries are always a HUGE ??? especially when your making a living as a jump shooter ...so that could further thin the bench (or at least its success) with T.Allen and Perkins still out, forcing Scalbrine the former Net and cult hero to start at the spot .....

Now the article also states Boston knows they cant take NJN lightily and it will be a different NJ team . Let's face Boston does not have 3 HOFs and a PG for a coach and doesnt understand the little things about the game ...

In that poor road strecth they have lost to shorthanded Portland and GSW out West , Charlotte in OT and @ NYK ......so bad teams have beat them....

Its risky fading Boston when they are possibly starting to get on a roll . I like the fact NJN went to the line 37 times in the last game , I like the scheduking aspect of it , I like maybe even love the fact Boston is off a sloppy practice because that is usually a bad sign .....

Anyway thats my thought process ...IF Boston wins the 1st Half then will repeat that play in the 2nd Half ....so (240) on NJN at HALFTIME if they do NOT COVER the 1st HALF SPREAD and (160) if it PUSHES the 4 . The twist is I wont be around to post it so thats my gameplan and I may hedge if for some reason the Nets have a big 1st HALF LEAD ..at least enough for the 4th Quarter Play to be essentially washed out ....

Typical Boston they give up some of the lead in the 2nd H...to bad they were up 30 by halftime . Glad NJ came out strong and focused ..lol ...when your wrong this is what happens ...back to the drawing board ...be back later ..:cheers:

Thanks Tuck and would like to see what you wind up on today . GL

Thanks Jeff . That was essentially what I was trying to say but didnt want to do it a bold way . Its a huge flaw I need to correct . I guess my main issue is the money has never been what it was about and I somehow have to get into that mindset , that its basically all about that ...Thanks for the post . Its why I get more frustrated by these streaks cause outside of the net game today I dont feel like I have been wrong or losing because what really stands out I tend to win but what I try to make a complex game out of I fuck up or if I carry over the emotion of not beating a certain game badly enough to the next game ....headcase for sure I am ...GL today as well . have to check your thread as well..

7 PM:

Under 180.5 -120 Charlotte (80)
Under 179 -120 Charlotte (400) waiting on this part to see best number available.
TT Under 87.5 Charlotte (80)

1st Quarter Portland -0.5 -115 (80)
2nd Quarter Charlotte +0.5 (80)
1st Half Portland Charlotte +1.5 (160)
3rd Portland -0.5 (80)
4th Quarter Charlotte +0.5 (80)
Blazers ML -140 (80)

More sure of the Total here as I like this game to be a real defensive struggle , in fact 70's wont suprise me here for a final. Especting mid 80's/ high 80s to low 80's/ high 70s....

Charlotte has had 3 days off and while tough to really weigh they are 0-6 ATS on 3 days rest recently ( they include opening night usually in this stat) and Portland 3rd in 4 away and 4th in 6 away . Port 13-3 vs the East and Char has a beatdown vs SAS on deck to deal with (as in payback for a beatdown) . Also Char has won the past two in the series ...

So Port seems to have a thing for 3rd Quarters and hoping the rest situation gives the Bobcats a lift in the 4th Quarter . Seems that Port has struggled some in the 4th Q playing 3rd in 4 days spots this season and they overcame that @ NJN but this again qualifies and well lookahead BAD NJN has been ..Early on expecting Port off a rally and Char off 3 days playing into Ports hand then Char 2nd Q and 1st H have been solid plays with them as HOME PUPS in 2008-09....

Good Luck ...:cheers:more to come shortly

Interested in your take on the Bulls/Spurs line and total

Spurs are 18-3 against Bulls since 1998-99 season.....Spurs won previous meeting 98-88 on Nov. 26 at the AT&T Center.

Regarding last night's game:

“We’re supposed to be a pretty good defensive team, but it hasn’t looked like it for a while,” Popovich said. “Both individually and team-wise, we’re not the team we’ve been the last 10 years on the defensive end of the floor.”...
“We’re going to have to find a way to shore that up, or we’re not going to be going very far,” said Tim Duncan....

Plays :

Over 176 Pistons (160)
NOH ML -140 (200)

Knicks +3 -120 (160)
1st Half Knicks +1 (200)
Over 210 (200)
1st Half over 106.5 (80)
4th Quarter Philly PK (80)
1st Quarter Over 54 +100 (80)

Heat +4 -120 (120)
1st Half Heat +2 -115 (80)
Under 186.5 (120)

Bulls +4 -120 (200)
Over 195 (200)
1st Half Bulls +1.5 +100 (120)
1st Half over 95.5 (80)

Nuggets ML -115 (400) Nuggets -1 (160)
1st H -0.5 -115 (160)
Under 210 (200)
2nd Quarter Nuggets -0.5 (80)
3rd Quarter Nuggets -0.5 (40)
4th Quarter Nuggets PK (80)

Over 192 Bucks (160)
LAC +3.5 -120 (240)
1st Half LAC +1.5 (120)
1st Quarter LAC +1 (40)
2nd Quarter LAC +0.5 (80)

:cheers:GL

Interested in your take on the Bulls/Spurs line and total

Spurs are 18-3 against Bulls since 1998-99 season.....Spurs won previous meeting 98-88 on Nov. 26 at the AT&T Center.

Regarding last night's game:

“We’re supposed to be a pretty good defensive team, but it hasn’t looked like it for a while,” Popovich said. “Both individually and team-wise, we’re not the team we’ve been the last 10 years on the defensive end of the floor.”...
“We’re going to have to find a way to shore that up, or we’re not going to be going very far,” said Tim Duncan....

SAS has not stopped anyone in a quite awhile last few were painful I guess. They may look to emphasize defense in the short term but they are simply a different team . No more lock down defense from Bruce Bowen at 3 and even starting a jump shooting Center in Matt Bonner . Duncan himself is not getting any younger and mix in againg vet Michael Finley starting plus reckless mason Jr and youngster Hill off the bench ...just a team that has changed . I hate to read comments like that but hoping CHI returns to health starts a mini run after the Tor and Cle wins ..The teams that SAS still tend to stop are the bad ones who can be forced into bad shots ..last 20 games or so its rare for SAS to hold a team to less then 85 points and we saw alot of that in years past ...

Risky for me taking SAS off a loss yesterday but hoping they stall as there ATS mark has been soft of late and CHI rises ...:cheers:

damn. Looks like everyone loves Denver huh?

I fucked up the game yesterday but I thought considering the situation 4.5 was to many for LAL to lay and should stuck to that ...now hopefully the B2B with Boston on deck when they get home creates a lookahead and the ORL team finally shooting like a normal team....GL Ram in what you play !

Good Luck Dan ! :cheers:

I fucked up the game yesterday but I thought considering the situation 4.5 was to many for LAL to lay and should stuck to that ...now hopefully the B2B with Boston on deck when they get home creates a lookahead and the ORL team finally shooting like a normal team....GL Ram in what you play !

Good Luck Dan ! :cheers:

I'm on Den as well.

Any thoughts on UNC/Miami -17 o/u 160

Sorry , no college thoughts Ram. Good Luck ....

Linewatcher ...pencil me in as well ....BOL

2nd H Under 91 Charlotte (200)GL

Sat 1.17:

Nets +7.5 -120 (320) ML +250 (40) -424
1st Half Nets +4 -120 (240) -288
1st Quarter NJN +2 -105(120) -126
2nd Quarter NJN +1.5 (40) -44
4th Quarter NJN +1.5 (80) +80
Over 191 (80) -88 (ends on 190)
2nd Half NJN -2.5 (280) +280
(-614)

Under 180.5 -120 Charlotte (80) -96 {OT}
Under 179 -120 Charlotte (400) -480 {OT}
TT Under 87.5 Charlotte (80) -88

(-664)

1st Quarter Portland -0.5 -115 (80) -88
2nd Quarter Charlotte +0.5 (80) -88 {Lost by 1}
1st Half Portland Charlotte +1.5 (160) +160
3rd Portland -0.5 (80) +80
4th Quarter Charlotte +0.5 (80) +80
Blazers ML -140 (80) -112

(+32)

Over 176 Pistons (160) PUSH (How?)
NOH ML -140 (200) +200
(+200)

Knicks +3 -120 (160) -192
1st Half Knicks +1 -105 (200) -210 ( 3 at the buzzer to trail by 2)
Over 210 (200) -220
1st Half over 106.5 (80) -88
4th Quarter Philly PK(80) PUSH ..LOL
1st Quarter Over 54 +100 (80) -80
(-790)

Heat +4 -120 (120) -144
1st Half Heat +2 -115(80) -88
Under 186.5 (120) +120
(-112)

Bulls +4 -120 (200) -240 ( only lost by 5 !)
Over 195 (200) -220
1st Half Bulls +1.5 +100 (120) +120
1st Half over 95.5 (80) -88
(-428)

Nuggets ML -115 (400) Nuggets -1 (160) -636
1st H -0.5 -115 (160) +160
Under 210 (200) +200
2nd Quarter Nuggets -0.5 (80) +80
3rd Quarter Nuggets -0.5 (40) -44
4th Quarter Nuggets PK (80) -88
(-328)

Over 192 Bucks (160) vs Under 192.5 -120 (200) -80(over hits on layup with 3 seconds to fall on 193!!)
LAC +3.5 -120 (320) +320
1st Half LAC +1.5 (120) +120
1st Quarter LAC +1 (40) +40
2nd Quarter LAC +0.5 (80) -88
4th Quarter LAC +0.5 (80) +80
TT Under 97.5 MILW (80) +80
(+472)

(-2232)

2nd Half :
Under 91 Charlotte (200) -220 {OT}
Over 87 Det (160) +160
NOH -1 (80) +80
Over 104 Philly (160) -176 (ends on 102 !)
NYK +0.5 (40) -44
Bulls +3 -115 (240) -276 ( lose by 5 )
Over 98.5 Bulls (200) -220
Mavs -1.5 (320) +320
Under 102.5 (160) -176
Nuggets -0.5 (400) -440
LAC +2 (320) +320
Under 95 (240) +240
Parlay: LAC +2 , Under 95 LAC and OKC +2 full game on Sunday (120 for 720)
(-432)

GL

Last edited:
Back