Week One...What have we learned so far?

I learned let the fuckery begin....jeeebus just some fucked up beats on Thurs...

Kiffin can suck my balls

Utah St. should've won SU and that Chuckie is damm good!

Lane Kiffin is a pussy!

K-St, life without "Mr. Everything" (Klein) will be tough to swallow as they lay double digits!

Sparty still has a lot of the same issues...cupcake schedule could still land them in CCG...but there will be money to be made there...although they will improve as season goes...

askBollman1_thumb.gif

KSU OL and DL got pushed around and coaching hurt a lot as well...LB are slow. KSU up 21-7 and play calling went conservative and started trying to run the ball instead of slinging the ball around still in shotgun. Tramaine Thompson and Tyler Lockett should have had more bombs for TDs. Also tried calling plays that Klein would run for Waters does not work, have to put Sams in their to run those plays.

NDSt played a hell of a game though. They played K-State football last night. Won in all 3 phases of the game, KSU didn't deserve to win anyway. The rushing stats and TOP looked like what KSU does, not the other way around. Had a great turnout from their fans and they were very loud. I haven't looked at their schedule but I don't see how they lose a game this year.

Do NOT bet on teams in white jerseys with blue numerals,
i.e. Penn State, BYU, Kentucky. :crying:

i am sure glad i bet games in july at a better line ie penn st

alabama played sloppy and still won handily, scary

mark richt is still a shitty in game coach

boise state's run may be through, they looked pathetic but not as bad as purdue

northwestern is the same team, no defense. they will get run over in the big10 again.

of the games i watched, the best qb was boyd, rb was gurley, wr was robinson or hopkins

UGA still gonna be a problem...tough game and tough result. Clemson came to play tho and built on the momentum from LSU game last year...

Bama won, but man not the way I thought. Maybe they shake it off, but looked sloppy on O

LSU the same...talent all over but gotta clean up somethings. Mett has improved. Sorry. Many drops by rec's, that has to change...Magee looks like a nice addition but I want Hill back in there. Secondary looked good, defense played well also. Question to the forum, is TCU "supposed" or is a good D? That Verrett kid looked good and they playedmwellmin spots....just curious and want to gauge the 37 LSU hung in perspective.

FLA looks like LSU and FLA teams of past.....killer D and just no O...and shit maybe LSU teams of now still

FCS looked good on those spreads...

I think teams need another week...win or lose

ACC ACC ACC!!! Well except UNC we don't claim them until BBall season. Oh yeah & VT, that's what happens when you have. TE playing QB vs Bama

With each passing day the college game is becoming more like the nfl where it is all about the qb position.

I learned I hate "pace" teams

Thought cal looked good in defeat.

This may be the homer in me talking but Mettenberger looked like a different player. I haven't felt this good about an LSU offense in a while.

I guess I shouldn't think like a degenerate and think like a coach who had the game won and didn't give a shit if his team gave up a backdoor moose TD with under a minute left in the game. But, I hope his degenerate fan base is pissed at him.

best comment on the forum all year :shake:

I gotta be the hater?? Lol he made some big throws at opportune times but....... He was 16/32 50%. I was way more impressed with LSU's playcalling. Cameron called a great game & the kids executed well in the run game & on 3rd down.

I gotta be the hater?? Lol he made some big throws at opportune times but....... He was 16/32 50%. I was way more impressed with LSU's playcalling. Cameron called a great game & the kids executed well in the run game & on 3rd down.
Save me the looking silk, how many drops just curious?

Dont know, but Id bet a great deal it wasnt 16 drops

Riddle me this? How many great catches did OBJ & Landry make? Id guess more than the drops.

Disclosure: I like Mettenberger but I aint crowning any 50% & 1td passing day a great one

50% doesn't look good on the surface and he only had a couple legit drops. But he had 5 or 6 throw aways and that's part of why I think he looked much better. Last year he would have tried to squeeze something in when it wasn't there. ETA: or taken a sack instead if not try to squeeze something in.

I'll take that argument MOT & agree, there definitely were a few throw aways. His "growth" as a passer was nice yes, but Im just trying to look at what in the end was a 50% passing night. I like the kid but if the baseline for "looking good" is a 50% passing night 1 td & 251yds then we gotta give a ton of QBs some propers today. Now if we're talking about his job as a QB he did an excellent job being a more mature leader & not making the bonehead mistakes.

Still mytakeaway is Cameron did an excellent job dialing things up. That was a joy to watch how Cameron decided to attack TCU. the 3rd down numbers back that up

Agree. And my baseline as an LSU fan is Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee, so there's that. :rofl:

We just need someone that can make plays when they have to, make good decisions, and move the chains, not an all conference or all American type performance.

UGA has beasts at running back

PSU is the best coached team in taking nothing and finding ways to win games.

PSU Robinson WR is a gamechanger and will be a back door cover machine in a game where they get big points.

PSU frosh QB has talent and looks like he has stones. Impressed with poise and has a lot of potential.

LSU plays better with no preseason expectations.

Mettenburg appears to be a QB. Despite % the eye test looked great to me especially week one on 'road' against that TCU defense.

LSU defense is stat quo....good!

Bama Defense is as well.

Bama has play makers, but offensive line needs time to gel.

McCarron is legit, and I think is quietly a top 5 QB in all CFB.

Bama big win margin is decieving and will not let that effect my opinions on future games yet. Saban is the BEST and bama WILL get better and peak at right time.

USC is a legacy and nothing. Pains me, my favorite team as teenager.

Kiffin will be out after this year.

KSU is in trouble

WVU should fire Holmgremson, after GENO comments. Players are leaving and no one trusts or believes in him. Comments have killed his credibility as recruiter.

ND cannot cover big spreads, which means they arent very good. Great teams cover the number consistently. ie 2005 or 6? Texas and USC teams. 1h,2h,game all covered 85%+

VT is not very good.

Logan QB although prototypical cannot play.

Beamer era should have been done along time ago

Bud Foster era shouldve replaced him years ago, defense finds ways every year in nearly every game to be competitive.

Beamer ball was a fad and YES I hate VPI fans and VPI living in NOVA!!!!

Washington state universities can straight ball out and compete again.

USF since firing that coach ???? program has declined tremendously. WTF happened?!?!?!

Texas cannot be trusted, STILL...0-0 1st quarter? Unacceptable.

Mack Brown better win DDs this year or he's out!

UCLA has arrived and players are buying in. Not a big win but mentally will give them confidence. Keep an eye out west for these guys.

Boise needs to rebuild another teenage team I loved that has collapsed, sad day!

NW is coached very well and is legit to make a run in B10 finally. Love this!

@SethEmerson
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1375828408.html#_=1378073902294&id=twitter-widget-6&lang=en&partner=undefined&screen_name=SethEmerson&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 60px; height: 20px;"></iframe>Georgia star receiver Malcolm Mitchell has indeed torn his ACL and will miss the season, Mark Richt has confirmed.

Fucking brutal.

UGA has beasts at running back

PSU is the best coached team in taking nothing and finding ways to win games.

PSU Robinson WR is a gamechanger and will be a back door cover machine in a game where they get big points.

PSU frosh QB has talent and looks like he has stones. Impressed with poise and has a lot of potential.

LSU plays better with no preseason expectations.

Mettenburg appears to be a QB. Despite % the eye test looked great to me especially week one on 'road' against that TCU defense.

LSU defense is stat quo....good!

Bama Defense is as well.

Bama has play makers, but offensive line needs time to gel.

McCarron is legit, and I think is quietly a top 5 QB in all CFB.

Bama big win margin is decieving and will not let that effect my opinions on future games yet. Saban is the BEST and bama WILL get better and peak at right time.

USC is a legacy and nothing. Pains me, my favorite team as teenager.

Kiffin will be out after this year.

KSU is in trouble

WVU should fire Holmgremson, after GENO comments. Players are leaving and no one trusts or believes in him. Comments have killed his credibility as recruiter.

ND cannot cover big spreads, which means they arent very good. Great teams cover the number consistently. ie 2005 or 6? Texas and USC teams. 1h,2h,game all covered 85%+

VT is not very good.

Logan QB although prototypical cannot play.

Beamer era should have been done along time ago

Bud Foster era shouldve replaced him years ago, defense finds ways every year in nearly every game to be competitive.

Beamer ball was a fad and YES I hate VPI fans and VPI living in NOVA!!!!

Washington state universities can straight ball out and compete again.

USF since firing that coach ???? program has declined tremendously. WTF happened?!?!?!

Texas cannot be trusted, STILL...0-0 1st quarter? Unacceptable.

Mack Brown better win DDs this year or he's out!

UCLA has arrived and players are buying in. Not a big win but mentally will give them confidence. Keep an eye out west for these guys.

Boise needs to rebuild another teenage team I loved that has collapsed, sad day!

NW is coached very well and is legit to make a run in B10 finally. Love this!

Agree with this statement. Also think Gurley is the best back in college football and the best back since Herschel at UGA.

agreed with both...

McCarron will be a steal in the NFL, smart, poised and experienced. No flash just gets the job done. He's a more talented Chad Pennington.

agreed with both...

McCarron will be a steal in the NFL, smart, poised and experienced. No flash just gets the job done. He's a more talented Chad Pennington.

Yup. Guy has been a winner his whole career. A legit 6 foot 4 with good frame, accurate passer with above arm strength. Solid mobility as well. I was a little concerned yesterday, he struggled behind that OL but I think they will get things worked out. Tough day for Bama and ND qb's in the nfl, Crist, Quinn, Clausen cut. Mcelroy and John Parker Wilson as well.

Back