CTG Partner
Staff member
:shake:

[TABLE="class: wisbb_scheduleTable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]10 <label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">WISCONSIN</label>[FONT=&quot]BADGERS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](4-2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]12:00p ET[/FONT]ESPN[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_secondTeam"][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">IOWA</label>[FONT=&quot]HAWKEYES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](5-2)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Kinnick Stadium
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">RUTGERS</label>[FONT=&quot]SCARLET KNIGHTS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](2-5)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]12:00p ET[/FONT]ESPU[/TD]
<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">MINNESOTA</label>[FONT=&quot]GOLDEN GOPHERS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](4-2)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]TCF Bank Stadium
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">INDIANA</label>[FONT=&quot]HOOSIERS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](3-3)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]12:00p ET[/FONT]BTN, BTN2[/TD]
<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">NORTHWESTERN</label>[FONT=&quot]WILDCATS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](3-3)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Ryan Field
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">ILLINOIS</label>[FONT=&quot]FIGHTING ILLINI[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](2-4)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3:30p ET[/FONT]BTN, BTN2[/TD]
3 <label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">MICHIGAN</label>[FONT=&quot]WOLVERINES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](6-0)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Michigan Stadium
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">PURDUE</label>[FONT=&quot]BOILERMAKERS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](3-3)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3:30p ET[/FONT]ABC, ESP2[/TD]
8 <label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">NEBRASKA</label>[FONT=&quot]CORNHUSKERS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](6-0)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">MICHIGAN STATE</label>[FONT=&quot]SPARTANS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](2-4)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]7:30p ET[/FONT]BTN, BTN2[/TD]
<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">MARYLAND</label>[FONT=&quot]TERRAPINS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](4-2)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
Tickets Odds Predictions
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: wisbb_team wisbb_reversed wisbb_firstTeam, align: right"]2 <label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">OHIO STATE</label>[FONT=&quot]BUCKEYES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](6-0)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_gameInfo, align: center"][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]8:00p ET[/FONT]ABC[/TD]
<label style="line-height: normal; display: inline; margin-bottom: 5px; text-shadow: none;">PENN STATE</label>[FONT=&quot]NITTANY LIONS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot](4-2)[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD="class: wisbb_details, align: right"]Beaver Stadium

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

anyone like Iowa?

I do. Finally starting to play better football, and get a Wisconsin team coming off back to back losses to the best two teams in the conference. How much will the Badgers have in the tank especially with an early kickoff. Give me the home teams getting points.

anyone like Iowa?

I do. Finally starting to play better football, and get a Wisconsin team coming off back to back losses to the best two teams in the conference. How much will the Badgers have in the tank especially with an early kickoff. Give me the home teams getting points.

That would be my exact same situational scenario here.

We'll see what Tee chimes in with.

pretty much my thoughts:shake2:

Wisconsin had a bye prior to the Ohio State game. I don't think it's a tank issue. This is a sandwich spot and lookahead spot though. Huge game next week when they host Nebraska.

i feel like illinois is a little more competent against the better teams than rutgers. still, i could only play it one way.

I bet Indiana +4.5 and Penn State +21. Indy because they are the better team and PSU because this is an improving team with talent coming off bye and tOSU B2B roadies in which they stole a win and now are in a hostile environment and will get PSU best effort of season, IMO

These are my B1G #s

Rutgers @ Minn (Noon) -17.5/44.5 (Assuming Leidner - Gut says Rutgers)
Wisconsin @ Iowa (Noon) +2.5/42.5
Indiana @ NW (Noon) +3/54
Illinois @ Michigan (3:30) -35/54 -Who knows who Illini will field at QB
Purdue @ Nebraska (3:30) -21.5/55 - Hazell fired - I dont care about game. No clue
Michigan State @ Maryland (7:30) PICK/48 -Not sure what to do with this/these QBs - under or nada
Ohio State @ Penn State (8:00) +14.5/54 - Great spot for improving PSU - I circled game pre-season to take +

After 2 tough losses, and with Nebraska on deck, kind of a big game for Wiscy, no? Iowa improving but Wiscy sure seems legit to me.

Leidner most likely out per Claeys. He just did some light work today for the first time since the injury. Probably won't be ready to go. Honestly, they lose nothing. They will run the ball 100 times. They should roll over Rutgers.

btw, I will be at the game and, as of now, have sideline passes pre-game - so it should be a good time.

Wisconsin is the worst matchup for Iowa in the conference IMO in terms of style. Do you recall what NDSU did to Iowa? Imagine what a pissed off Wisconsin will do. I see the Badgers running all over them. Iowa might not score. Shit, the Gophers held them in check all game for the most part.

You all know the B1G better than I....the spot is tremendous and Iowa is playing better on top of the situation.

Wisky either rolls big or it plays out like most are thinking....maybe wait to see the steam?
IDK, just throwing darts on how to play it...

Iowa is ahead of Wiscy in the division standings. No way they overlook them, even though it is a sandwich game.

I dunno if I could fade wisky. They are better on both lines than Iowa imo. A physical game will be won by bucky.

Indiana definitely has to be worth a peek this week.

I dunno if I could fade wisky. They are better on both lines than Iowa imo. A physical game will be won by bucky.

Indiana definitely has to be worth a peek this week.

Exactly my point. Iowa is overrated IMO.

Go ahead and watch the film on the Gopher game. That's the biggest rivalry game for Floyd the pig. They were shit most of the afternoon except for the last 5-7 minutes of the game. Their defense shut the Gophers down but ZERO offense from that squad. QB was awful.

This team can't compete with Wisky IMO. Sure, Wisky could come out flat but as Hunt is saying here too, Wisky is superior in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

At -3 we're not asking Wisky to be pretty...even if they're dragging a bit I feel like this is a # they should cover.

Of all the B1G teams I feel like OSU is in the worst situational spot. It's basically Camp Randall all over again. PSU isn't as good but their HFA is probably slightly bigger than camp randall.

except Wisky game fml

I mentioned this a few weeks back but after lewis made that amazing interception on 4th down they flashed to harbaugh who had a pained look of disgust on his face. At that moment I wondered if he was pissed they were getting the ball at midfield instead of the wisky 10 yard line where they would've assuredly ran the ball into the end zone and gotten the cover.

I mentioned this a few weeks back but after lewis made that amazing interception on 4th down they flashed to harbaugh who had a pained look of disgust on his face. At that moment I wondered if he was pissed they were getting the ball at midfield instead of the wisky 10 yard line where they would've assuredly ran the ball into the end zone and gotten the cover.

Glad you brought that up. I noticed exactly what you noticed and draw the same conclusion.
bull

From PFF - I strongly disagree but interesting analysis from a group whose stuff in general I really like:

1. Iowa
[FONT=&quot]Iowa’s offensive line has been the cornerstone of the Hawkeyes program and it’s no different this season. The Hawkeyes line is the nation’s best-performing overall offensive line when you balance pass- and run-blocking measured against the quality of competition Iowa has played. The Hawkeyes utilize NFL zone-blocking techniques and schemes with more detail than probably any other offensive line in college football. The Hawkeyes have PFF’s 17th-highest-rated guard in Sean Welsh and 23rd-graded tackle with Ike Boettger, but it’s Iowa’s offensive line execution play-in and play-out that has them holding the top spot.[/FONT]

From PFF - I strongly disagree but interesting analysis from a group whose stuff in general I really like:

1. Iowa
[FONT=&amp]Iowa’s offensive line has been the cornerstone of the Hawkeyes program and it’s no different this season. The Hawkeyes line is the nation’s best-performing overall offensive line when you balance pass- and run-blocking measured against the quality of competition Iowa has played. The Hawkeyes utilize NFL zone-blocking techniques and schemes with more detail than probably any other offensive line in college football. The Hawkeyes have PFF’s 17th-highest-rated guard in Sean Welsh and 23rd-graded tackle with Ike Boettger, but it’s Iowa’s offensive line execution play-in and play-out that has them holding the top spot.[/FONT]

Me and my cronies got a big kick out of this. Total loss of respect for PFF. (Clear example of lazy analysis.)

Additionally, I have little faith the Hawks will be able to do much tomorrow. I will be in the stands, but do not expect to be happy. Wisky could have a hangover, but they also have to know if they win out, they get another shot at either UM or OSU, with a more experienced QB and a defense at full strength.

I don't see Iowa moving the ball much, and KF will do all he can to shorten the game. An Iowa win will require excellent execution+some breaks+poor play from WI. If WI shows up, Iowa has little chance. I am calling this as something like 24-9. Already on WI and will also look at the UNDER on the IA team total. Guessing it will be around 18-20 and I don't see them getting that.

Good luck gents.

My 2cents on Iowa and Whisky. After reading what is on here, I wish I could take back my ticket. But the more I look at this game the better I feel. As of late Friday afternoon, there were 7,709 tickets written on Whisky and 1,528 on Iowa. I think on Tuesday it was 4500 to 800. Not a lot of line movement for that much one sided action in my opinion. I had the beware of the bear trap thread with Clemson and Auburn week one. And we know what the result was in that one. (that might be the only thing I have got right the whole year. So tread with care. LOL) The smart $ that came in early was strong enough to let there be less risk for the books. Another thing that keeps tugging at me is Georgia State. Yes, Whisky has surprised me big time. And they have looked like a top 5 team. But how do you Whoop LSU and Akron and barely get by GSU. MSU look ahead I guess. They also have Nebraska ahead as well. Iowa has disappointed me many times. Miami OH and Rutgers were ticket burners. I think this will be closer than most expect. Good Luck!

The total in the Indiana/NW seems to be set very low at 52.5. What am I missing?

I've been intrigued by this game, but haven't come to many conclusions yet.

3 Big Ten Indiana games:
vs Neb total 58.5 score 27-22 (49)
at tOSU total 61.5 score 38-17 (55)
vs Michigan St total 53 score 24-21 (45 in OT)

3 Big Ten N'Western games:
vs Neb total 48 score 24-13 (37)
at Iowa total 45.5 score 38-31 (69)
bye
at Michigan St total 42.5 score 54-40 (94)

2 of 3 of the Indiana games would've gone under this week's total, the tOSU game barely goes over. Only 1 of the NW games would've gone under this week's total, however, Nebraska should've had maybe 2 more TDs in that one?

We know that IU's D is better and their O is worse this year. IU held Neb to 360y (Corn avg 489 in 2 other B1G games) and tOSU to 383 (Bucks avg 540 in 2 other B1G games). Vs Michigan St they did allow 438 (Sparty avg 400 in 2 other B1G games).

The IU O only gained 333 vs Neb, 281 vs tOSU, but did have 437 vs MSU.

Do we think this newfound explosive NW O is here to stay? They had those 490y last week at MSU, but prior avg just 375 to Neb and Iowa. Rutgers actually gained 20 more yards on Iowa than NW did. And it should be noted while they beat MSU by 14, they only outgained them by 15 yards (each team got 1 D/ST TD and NW got a safety).

I remember special teams setting up short fields for several NW and Iowa scores leading to inflated score in that one.

IU doing it with D and NW appears to be doing it with O, although I think NW O is competent for sure, much better than September, I do not think they are quite as strong as perception might be.

Feels like it could be a weird game. NW's season has been wacky. For some reason a low scoring game would be less surprising to me than a higher scoring game. I think bottom line I tend to lean IU and not the total so much. Big concern there would be Lagow's tendency to throw INTs (4 picks in 3 B1G games and 5x 4 games ago vs Wake).

Not sure, just trying to contribute some ideas.

I like Iowa...now get out the salt shaker because you'll need more than a grain...I've been 0-4 betting against Wisconsin this year (LSU, Akron, Mich St, Mich). After staying away last week I guess I'm going back against them this week = beating my head against the wall and expecting a different result.

I think either team wins this game by 1 score. Everyone on the radio and TV I hear is sucking Wisconsin dick this week because they played so well vs tOSU - and I get that. But these teams feel similar to me. Absolutely no look ahead for Badgers, they don;t look past Iowa for Nebraska. Iowa does have a bye on deck.

Really a huge huge game in the West race. If we have or haven't seen it yet I don't know, but I think we get the best Iowa has to offer.

Wisconsin's ypp vs Ohio St last week was 6.08. Is that the real Badger O? That is their second best all year only behind Akron. That is better ypp than they got vs Geo St, better than they got vs the MSU D. Wisconsin D was the story vs MSU, not the O. Is a 1 game performance by the Badger O enough? I mean yeah, they killed Akron, but the O hasn't been all that great in their games...except for last week.

YPP these Ds are even (Wis 5.05-5.20). YPP these Os are even (Iowa 5.81-5.26). Wisconsin faced tougher schedule of course. Is Hornibrook better than Beathard?

I don't know, nobody should listen to me, I am black when it comes to Wisconsin games. But that is a case for the other side, maybe I'm a sucker for a conference home dog capable of winning the division...

Last 2 years:
2015 Iowa+6 won by 4
2014 Wisconsin-10 won by 2

1. Iowa
[FONT=&amp]Iowa’s offensive line has been the cornerstone of the Hawkeyes program and it’s no different this season. The Hawkeyes line is the nation’s best-performing overall offensive line when you balance pass- and run-blocking measured against the quality of competition Iowa has played. The Hawkeyes utilize NFL zone-blocking techniques and schemes with more detail than probably any other offensive line in college football. The Hawkeyes have PFF’s 17th-highest-rated guard in Sean Welsh and 23rd-graded tackle with Ike Boettger, but it’s Iowa’s offensive line execution play-in and play-out that has them holding the top spot.[/FONT]

they could not run the ball at all on an FCS team. Granted, it was NDSt, but still, c'mon.

Last week I cluttered TDub's thread with a bunch of stuff about how Purdue was in for a beating against Iowa basically just wishing for beat downs to get the mid season firing I've been dreaming of. Ferentz tried to ruin that by playing his 2nd string the last 20 minutes but we got rid of Hazell anyway.

This is an interesting spot against Nev and one that's probably best staying away from but the more I watch how Parker (interim coach) has handled the team this week the more I like them to play a little above their heads. I think while obviously undermanned you'll see a Purdue team playing loose tomorrow. Also while Parker has closed practice and said nothing about injuries I fully expect purdues top 2 defensive players (repogle/Bentley) to be back out there after missing Iowa.

Analyzing husker box scores trying to figure out how other than Purdue going all Maryland and mailing it in why they lose by 30+ and the only way I see that happening is if I'm completely wrong on the pulse of the players or if blough throws 3 pick sixes. Both entirely possible but I think this stays closer than Nebraska wants into the 4th...

neb 34-Purdue 24 type of final

keep in mind I've been as negative as can be on this Purdue team especially when outmatched in the trenches but this week feels different

Also I'm dumb enough I'm sprinkling some +1400 ml on my investment as well because I don't like money

The Michigan line at 39.5 now has gotten out of hand. From openers of 28-30.5 that is a large jump. I can see a 52-10 scenario but not much more than that. I could also see something like 45-7.

Weather will be right around 50 degrees all game with winds 8-14 mph. No precipitation at all.

I guess practice was a bit sloppy earlier in the week but they got that straightened out. Good ole bye weeks...

I've been intrigued by this game, but haven't come to many conclusions yet.

3 Big Ten Indiana games:
vs Neb total 58.5 score 27-22 (49)
at tOSU total 61.5 score 38-17 (55)
vs Michigan St total 53 score 24-21 (45 in OT)

3 Big Ten N'Western games:
vs Neb total 48 score 24-13 (37)
at Iowa total 45.5 score 38-31 (69)
bye
at Michigan St total 42.5 score 54-40 (94)

2 of 3 of the Indiana games would've gone under this week's total, the tOSU game barely goes over. Only 1 of the NW games would've gone under this week's total, however, Nebraska should've had maybe 2 more TDs in that one?

We know that IU's D is better and their O is worse this year. IU held Neb to 360y (Corn avg 489 in 2 other B1G games) and tOSU to 383 (Bucks avg 540 in 2 other B1G games). Vs Michigan St they did allow 438 (Sparty avg 400 in 2 other B1G games).

The IU O only gained 333 vs Neb, 281 vs tOSU, but did have 437 vs MSU.

Do we think this newfound explosive NW O is here to stay? They had those 490y last week at MSU, but prior avg just 375 to Neb and Iowa. Rutgers actually gained 20 more yards on Iowa than NW did. And it should be noted while they beat MSU by 14, they only outgained them by 15 yards (each team got 1 D/ST TD and NW got a safety).

I remember special teams setting up short fields for several NW and Iowa scores leading to inflated score in that one.

IU doing it with D and NW appears to be doing it with O, although I think NW O is competent for sure, much better than September, I do not think they are quite as strong as perception might be.

Feels like it could be a weird game. NW's season has been wacky. For some reason a low scoring game would be less surprising to me than a higher scoring game. I think bottom line I tend to lean IU and not the total so much. Big concern there would be Lagow's tendency to throw INTs (4 picks in 3 B1G games and 5x 4 games ago vs Wake).

Not sure, just trying to contribute some ideas.

Great stuff man. I saw that total and was like 'wtf' but it is tough to differentiate previous IU teams with this club which is definitely different.

I think Badgers win but damn there's a ton of ATS money on them. Yesterday I saw 80% of bets on Wisc and today it's being reported that 20% of the all $ on every game today on Badgers

Going back to weather up this way. I am 50-60 miles NE of AA but we have similar forcast today. The winds are much stronger right now and swirling.

I would think UM wants to work on this kicking game but things could get interesting.

Back