• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Week 2 in the FCS

If he doesn't play, and I'm not really sure he was that good last year (45% passer), Indiana State's offense is going to do next to nothing I would think.
Indiana's defense actually didn't look bad against OSU (I had Ohio State TT over), and gotta figure that if they are gonna put up points against anyone, it will be against Indiana State. I don't worry too much about the in-state rivalry angle in this one as my hope is that Indiana limits the mistakes because they should be able to completely dominate in the trenches, leading to some big play opportunities throughout.

45.5 is a lot to swallow with Clemson, however Charleston Southern has a coaching change and struggled vs Dll North Greenville State last week (trailed 0-10 and 3-10 HT - won 13-10 and was outgained 291-252 (4.6-4.1). One of their returning QBs from last year and a Dll QB who came over with the coaching staff this year combined to throw just 7-of-20 for 104y. I might see what the 1H comes out at.

45.5 is a lot to swallow with Clemson, however Charleston Southern has a coaching change and struggled vs Dll North Greenville State last week (trailed 0-10 and 3-10 HT - won 13-10 and was outgained 291-252 (4.6-4.1). One of their returning QBs from last year and a Dll QB who came over with the coaching staff this year combined to throw just 7-of-20 for 104y. I might see what the 1H comes out at.
Yeah, a lot of these big spreads seem ominous on the surface, but as Ville showed last night, if there is an outright mismatch, it isn't that difficult for a team to run roughshod from start to finish over an inferior opponent even when a perfect game isn't played. Hope I am around in the am when the lines come out, as I have a feeling some will move 5+ points from open pretty quickly.

Great information guys. Question for anyone...does Betonline offer FCS lines? If so, when do they typically release? I like one game and have never bet FCS. Thanks in advance

I am working on my week 2 spreadsheet for FCS + FBS action. there are some substantial discrepancies that I plan to monitor and possibly bet into when lines are released.

teams I am watching:
HOLY CROSS
CMU
IDAHO
FURMAN
FAMU

GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE WHERE THESE LINES OPEN UP.

Not much movement on Indiana as it has been sitting at 30.5 for a while now after opening at 29.5. URI is now up to 21.5 so glad I got the 17.5 although I would have preferred under 17, but never had the opportunity.

A lot of those SP+ lines are pretty whacked

maddox has shown some more movement on the FCS 5dimes lines now

I had thought I would be playing Chattanooga here as a partial play on them and against Kennesaw, but their D just got shredded last week, and it was supposed to be good! Line moved from 8.5 down to 6.5 now. It was all big plays for Kennesaw last week vs Tusculum, wouldn't think they get those this week, but after what North Alabama did...surely this D is capable of clamping it down, ? The game at North Alabama is hard to explain from the Moc's D perspective. Moc's O did start slow with their new, never played before QB, however they came back from a 21-0 hole to take a 27-21 lead early 4Q. They just couldn't stop N Ala. AFter they retook the lead, Chatt was stopped on 4th-4 1 yard short at the NA10 with under 2min left and then N Ala ripped a 81y TD run for the final margin. So I think that Chatt's going to have their O ready for this one (only 35y and 5 punts to open the game last week). Kennesaw is supposed to be a fade team this year as they transition from the triple option to a pistol-based spread offense while transitioning to FBS next year (Kennesaw is playing independent schedule this year and is not part of a conference officially). I think Chatt can get after them and will hopefully be able to get a better line if it keeps dropping.

Elon at Garner Webb is pretty interesting. GW was much better than I thought they would be at App St. Their new QB who was previously their backup played well and they ran it on App as well, which again I did not expect because their OL looked to be down, but they ran for a better ypc than App and their QB was 65% on 46 attempts for 231y. GW actually had a 2Q lead only trailed by 4 at HT and twice took a lead in the 3Q. But an INT set up App deep in GW territory and that was it as it got away from them losing 24-45. App only outgained them by 34y. GW D which was expected to be very good still did yield almost 400y to App, but were able to created some negtive plays with a couple sacks and 6 TFLs (App did not create such plays behind the LOS with their D). 3 of those TFLs were by reigning Big South D POY DE French. Their RB Brown was actually Big South O POW. Pretty good showing as a big road dog with a lot of questions on offense. Now they are a small home dog to Elon who opened at WF and struggled offensively. WF outgained them 427-251 and Elon's only scores were a 49y TD run and a 50y pick-six. They converted just 2-of-16 3rd downs. It would've been worse but WF scored just 2 TDs on 5 RZ trips. Elon is breaking in a new starting QB as well, and like GW, they are going with last year's backup. Elon's D lost 7 of their top 8 tacklers and as a team they lost 7 of their 10 All CAA players, while GW loses 4 of thier 6 All Big South players on O, they return all 7 of their All Conf players on D. Elon won this game last year 30-24 at home as 14 pt favorite. Elon led 20-3, but GW came back to lead 24-20. Elon scored the final 10 pts and had a big yardage edge. Gardner Webb answered their offensive questions last week and the D for GW should be stronger here than what Elon is left with. This is a good spot for GW to get a home win, especially as a +3.5 dog at the early line which has gone up from 2.5 to 3.5. GW last beat them at home in 2021 and has covered the last two as dogs.

Mercer vs Morehead St has been mentioned already. Morehead allowed West Virginia State to outgain them 457-424 (7.4-5.5). Morehead did turn it over 3x in that one, but still only winning by 2 vs a Dll school even if they aren't necessarily a bad one. I can't over think this and will lay the 34.5 hopefully not much higher. Mercer has a good D the Ole Miss game notwithstanding and their offense has to just be wanting to explode vs a lesser team. Mercer beat them 63-13 last year - even other Pioneer League teams put it on them (Butler beat them by 36 and Dayton by 22)

A lot of those SP+ lines are pretty whacked

maddox has shown some more movement on the FCS 5dimes lines now

I had thought I would be playing Chattanooga here as a partial play on them and against Kennesaw, but their D just got shredded last week, and it was supposed to be good! Line moved from 8.5 down to 6.5 now. It was all big plays for Kennesaw last week vs Tusculum, wouldn't think they get those this week, but after what North Alabama did...surely this D is capable of clamping it down, ? The game at North Alabama is hard to explain from the Moc's D perspective. Moc's O did start slow with their new, never played before QB, however they came back from a 21-0 hole to take a 27-21 lead early 4Q. They just couldn't stop N Ala. AFter they retook the lead, Chatt was stopped on 4th-4 1 yard short at the NA10 with under 2min left and then N Ala ripped a 81y TD run for the final margin. So I think that Chatt's going to have their O ready for this one (only 35y and 5 punts to open the game last week). Kennesaw is supposed to be a fade team this year as they transition from the triple option to a pistol-based spread offense while transitioning to FBS next year (Kennesaw is playing independent schedule this year and is not part of a conference officially). I think Chatt can get after them and will hopefully be able to get a better line if it keeps dropping.

Elon at Garner Webb is pretty interesting. GW was much better than I thought they would be at App St. Their new QB who was previously their backup played well and they ran it on App as well, which again I did not expect because their OL looked to be down, but they ran for a better ypc than App and their QB was 65% on 46 attempts for 231y. GW actually had a 2Q lead only trailed by 4 at HT and twice took a lead in the 3Q. But an INT set up App deep in GW territory and that was it as it got away from them losing 24-45. App only outgained them by 34y. GW D which was expected to be very good still did yield almost 400y to App, but were able to created some negtive plays with a couple sacks and 6 TFLs (App did not create such plays behind the LOS with their D). 3 of those TFLs were by reigning Big South D POY DE French. Their RB Brown was actually Big South O POW. Pretty good showing as a big road dog with a lot of questions on offense. Now they are a small home dog to Elon who opened at WF and struggled offensively. WF outgained them 427-251 and Elon's only scores were a 49y TD run and a 50y pick-six. They converted just 2-of-16 3rd downs. It would've been worse but WF scored just 2 TDs on 5 RZ trips. Elon is breaking in a new starting QB as well, and like GW, they are going with last year's backup. Elon's D lost 7 of their top 8 tacklers and as a team they lost 7 of their 10 All CAA players, while GW loses 4 of thier 6 All Big South players on O, they return all 7 of their All Conf players on D. Elon won this game last year 30-24 at home as 14 pt favorite. Elon led 20-3, but GW came back to lead 24-20. Elon scored the final 10 pts and had a big yardage edge. Gardner Webb answered their offensive questions last week and the D for GW should be stronger here than what Elon is left with. This is a good spot for GW to get a home win, especially as a +3.5 dog at the early line which has gone up from 2.5 to 3.5. GW last beat them at home in 2021 and has covered the last two as dogs.

Mercer vs Morehead St has been mentioned already. Morehead allowed West Virginia State to outgain them 457-424 (7.4-5.5). Morehead did turn it over 3x in that one, but still only winning by 2 vs a Dll school even if they aren't necessarily a bad one. I can't over think this and will lay the 34.5 hopefully not much higher. Mercer has a good D the Ole Miss game notwithstanding and their offense has to just be wanting to explode vs a lesser team. Mercer beat them 63-13 last year - even other Pioneer League teams put it on them (Butler beat them by 36 and Dayton by 22)
Shhhh.

Don’t say another word until the lines are released. It seems you already know the play.

Rivalry game and NC A&T's HC is thought pretty highly of (former W&M DC and various defensive jobs at Howard, UVA and Richmond), but NC Central is pretty loaded. On the road here, looks like a -4 right now ... want to be careful, maybe Vincent Brown can pull a rabbit out of his hat, atleast on defense. I just don't know where they get offense from with that QB group - they completed 2 of 8 last week at UAB. Maybe they can control the game running and limit possesions for NC Central and play to their D. That has to be the only way. NC Central has a 4 year starting QB and MEAC O POY QB in Davius Richard. Skill positions are good, OL is a little concern (although A&T lost alot from their front and all their LBs). Central has a good D of their own. It feels a little too easy and it is on the road in a big game for A&T's new HC, but I probably have to take Central if it is 6 or less and just see what happens.

Nice start to the weekend with URI and Indiana...Hopefully the lines don't come out tomorrow until I actually get home and in front of the laptop!

I am working on my week 2 spreadsheet for FCS + FBS action. there are some substantial discrepancies that I plan to monitor and possibly bet into when lines are released.

teams I am watching:
HOLY CROSS
CMU
IDAHO
FURMAN
FAMU

GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE WHERE THESE LINES OPEN UP.
Circa Vegas opens:

Holy Cross +10
CMU -8
Idaho -3
Furman +17
FAMU +15

Davidson's home loss tonight to D2 Barton certainly makes fading VMI tomorrow even more tempting.

Davidson's home loss tonight to D2 Barton certainly makes fading VMI tomorrow even more tempting.

Wow, yeah, they didn't look good this year. I do want to take Bucknell, just that they are a doormat and all, I'll probably still have something on them.

Man. Would lay it with CMU playing New Hampshire.

I know you said before they don't care about FBS games, and maybe that is true or maybe they just were outmatched. In any event, they have not done well...

2022 UNH +15 at WMich 44-7 outgained -151y (current UNH HC, finished 9-4)
2021 UNH +29 at Pitt 77-7 outgained -547y (UNH finished 3-8)
2019 UNH +6.5 at FIU 30-17 outgained -67y (UNH finished 6-5)
2018 UNH +32.5 at Colorado 45-14 outgained -221 (UNH finished 4-7)
2017 UNH +7 vs Georgia Southern 22-12 outgained -52 (UNH finished 9-5)

Last year I think is the only relevant one a) because they were pretty good last year and b) it is current coaching staff and returning players. Western Michigan also wasn't good last year.

I was thinking a line would be DD, maybe it gets bet up. I personally would rather have UNH at the higher earlier line, I think they have a strong team. Both teams have huge look-ahead games so both could be in look-ahead. An FBS loss by UNH doesn't hurt them much in the playoff selection process, although a win would help their resume - so technically they should care and especially to the point of being able to do something their previous teams haven't done in a long time, knock off an FBS (2009 was the last time when they were on a 5 win streak vs FBS).

Abiline is a team I was wanting to play on often this year. Like their O potential, maybe some questions in the D front 7, but otherwise they are a team poised to improve on last year and took care of business last week vs a rebuilding No Colo who they outgained by 303y and didn't really go full throttle. Prairie View is off a huge comeback win over rival Texas Southern in OT. They trailed by 17 with 5min left in the 3Q. So there could be a hangover from that type of game vs an opponent that it means a lot for them to beat. Tx Southern outrushed them 7.1-3.4 and had a 7.4-5.3 ypp overall. Tx Southern also accumulated several negative sacks and TFLs, but they were -2 TO margin and only scored 2 TDs on 5 RZ trips plus missed 2 FGs to doom themselves - so wrong team may've won there. PV and Abilene played last year with Abiline winning at home 21-13 (-8.5). Abilene was hurt by throwing INTs on THREE straight possessions, while that only led to one short field score FG by PV, two of the three INTs occurred in PV territory including one at the PV03 and the other at the PV24 preventing Abilene scoring opportunities. This could be a tough game again this year, but if I can get at 7 or less I think I like that, some of the PR numbers had it over 8 or as high as 13. Based off of some of the success that Texas Southern had vs PV, both on O and their sacks and TFLs, I'm hopeful a better team in Abiline can do the same, but avoid the negative TO margin and be more efficient in their scoring chances both compared to last year in this game and PV's opponent last week.

Bet Rivers opened BC -9.5, Penn St -41, CMich-8, BGSU-19, BYU-27, WYO-28, SBama -21, WVU-38, Duke-41, Idaho -2.5, Akron -23, Buff -21,5, USF-20, LaTech-23.5, OreSt -23.5

Navy -38.5

Last edited:
I have HC +9.5 and +8
FAMU +20
WVU -38 and Ov55.5
Navy -38.5
Army -39.5
SIU +7.5
San Jose -23
MSU Ov 44.5 and 45
MSU-29
UNH+9