Week 2 in the FCS

Rookie mistake. I have 3 offshore books and Bet Rivers with DK in US. I didn't have enough money in BM for them to be releasing all these games first today.

They just put up NAU +17.5. I now have $.01 in my account there

They look to be running the juice up at 17'...maybe you'll get it at +18 or better at one of the other outs

BOL had it 17.5 -115 (and they just put up 20.5

BM the first one with UNI also -2.5

I missed the good numbers but told myself I'd play GWebb and less than a FG so rolling with -1.5 small.

Also took a small stab at Bucknell +10

Western Carolina actually has a WR named Sincere Lee - edit spelled Censere Lee

I thought it was a mistake on maddox/5dimes, but no, Bet Rivers just put out NC Central +5. Thought they'd be road favorite. I bet all the money I had left in that account! Running these Apps dry! First year, second week betting online

I thought it was a mistake on maddox/5dimes, but no, Bet Rivers just put out NC Central +5. Thought they'd be road favorite. I bet all the money I had left in that account! Running these Apps dry! First year, second week betting online

That looks like a Sagarin (probable) error - too many books use his FCS numbers still - adding this one too ...... :cheers3:

That looks like a Sagarin (probable) error - too many books use his FCS numbers still - adding this one too ...... :cheers3:

Must be my mistake, Sagarin and Massey have A&T with a higher PR, Central has the better team, I think, for sure the better offense

Another crazy day in the world of college football for sure.

A few thoughts.

- Northern Iowa is a disaster! 3 INTs and 3 fumbles lost today on top of 2 INTs week 1. Allowed 10 sacks in two games.
- Shame Sluka fumbled at the end
- thriller in Mount Pleasant. UNH all-everything RB Dylan Laube set school record 12rec-295y, 371 all purpose yards and 3 TDs
- Georgetown might be good, like Patriot League good, but still
- Bowling Green and Toledo were the only MAC school that covered vs FCS today, Buffalo lost, NIU lost - Akron lost, then they didn't (unbelievable ending), CMich hung on
- Western Carolina straight stomped Samford's ass - first FCS win vs top 10 since 1998 - Catamounts!
- Shouldn't have needed it, but because NDSU kind of slept walked part of the game, front door cover TD with :22 - Cole Payton is a stud!
- Another front door ... Illinois State TD with 1:17 left to win by 16 (never led by a covering margin until final minute) - it was 20-18 - mid 4Q
- Now how about a back door? NAU TD, onside kick TD...two TDs in final 3-1/2 minutes to lose by 15. There is something weird going on in the Alerus center, a week after Drake had tons of yards but hardly any pts, even before NAU's final two possessions where they gained 120 yards, they had over 300 before that yet only got 9 points out of it
- I imagine we joined a pretty small club, those who ML Bucknell and won. I think the play-by-play announcer blew out my TV speakers
- Morgan State nearly had back-to-back wins as 20 pt dogs, but after getting the would-be game clinching INT in the EZ, they fumbled with :50 left running out the clock and Akron scooped and scored it. Have you seen the turnover tire yet? Believe it, they put a tire around their necks
- Buffalo loses back-to-back years at home to Patriot League team
- Garner Webb also fumbled while running out the clock and Elon took that down the field and tied the game with under 2min to go, but GW scored in the final seconds to get the win
- West Virginia front door TD with 2:00 left
- Mercer needs counseling
- Montana State at South Dakota St was a little slow and lacked juice I thought when it started, but it was a hell of a finish!
- Idaho flat out crushed UNR!
- Furman was fun for about a half
- Fresno gets INT in 2nd OT to escape with a 3 pt win!

After just 7 total upsets last week (and 3 of those were Dll teams beating the MEAC and SWAC) with no FBS wins, there were good number today. I count 10 FCS dog wins including which will make 2 wins vs FBS this week and a few near misses (Edit I see a couple of Dlls beat FCS including Colorado Mesa beating San Diego, Miles beat Alabama State, Indiana Wesleyan beat Valpo, Northwestern (IA) beat Drake, and Barton beat Davidson Friday - that makes 5 other unlined upsets this week for 15 total compared to 7 total last week).

Last edited:
This year I am keeping track of games I win/lose based on grabbing the early line and yesterday there were actually 3 games where stalking paid off...

Illinois State -13.5 (saw it move to 17.5, so 34-18 winning or losing definitely depended on when you got the line)
Nova -21 (saw it move to 24.5, same story with that 42-19 final)
URI -17.5 Friday night (saw it move to 24.5, so again that 35-14 final was either a winner or loser depending on when you got that one)

May have been others, but those 3 were on my card so I had them jotted down...

Clemson 48.5 or 49 could've been had, that mattered push or win. Chattanooga could've been 6.5 or 7, that mattered push or win. BM offered Albany +11 late, that mattered push or loss - waiting was better if that is the side one wanted. Before the onside kick recovery, Northern Arizona was losing by 21, which the line eventually go there, but it opened in the 17s for a bit before moving there, didn't matter, but could've - so in that case waiting was better if one wanted the dog side. I had a little ILL St -15, which like you say, that one did close higher. Those are few I can think of I was involved with.

Interesting that there have been two straight up DD dog winners that the line surged from single digits to DD in Eastern ILL week 1 and Bucknell week 2. And steam has moved UNI lines a ton and they shit the bed both times.

Clemson 48.5 or 49 could've been had, that mattered push or win. Chattanooga could've been 6.5 or 7, that mattered push or win. BM offered Albany +11 late, that mattered push or loss - waiting was better if that is the side one wanted. Before the onside kick recovery, Northern Arizona was losing by 21, which the line eventually go there, but it opened in the 17s for a bit before moving there, didn't matter, but could've - so in that case waiting was better if one wanted the dog side. I had a little ILL St -15, which like you say, that one did close higher. Those are few I can think of I was involved with.

Interesting that there have been two straight up DD dog winners that the line surged from single digits to DD in Eastern ILL week 1 and Bucknell week 2. And steam has moved UNI lines a ton and they shit the bed both times.
Yeah the UNI line was a weird one because I went to submit at 2.5 and it jumped to like 4.5 then 6.5 so I said nevermind, so that was a situation where I got lucky that my opening line strategy didn't work!

Back