FBS Plays

UAB +30 -L
Ohio State +10.5
Baylor -3.5 - W
UNC +7 -135 - W
Air Force/Houston u51.5 -105 -L
Michigan State/Florida Atlantic u62 -103- W

Last edited:
I know I am predominately a FCS guy, but how come no one is on UAB yet?
Tennessee just got embarrassed at UCLA, had a bye week, and has Florida on deck.

Results from the past 5 seasons before the Florida game has been....

Marshall ...-19.5....34-24
UNLV....... -19 ......42-17
UAB ........-21.5.... 17-10
Air Force.. -20 ......31-30
S. Miss ....-11 ......39-19

They covered only 2 of 5, and never won by 30.

I understand that UAB may not be considered a world beater, but they do showcase a very mobile QB that could give an over looking Vols D a few problems.

I made this a 2* play for my self....

Thoughts......

Good to hear someone else has this game on the radar, as it is on my final list of leans I am going over as we speak. Going through all the week 4 matchups now, to see if I can find some good dog spots in week 3. I talked myself out of Ohio last week even though I brought them up in my thread and talked to a few guys about em since OSU had USC on deck, and was this close to playing them but I never pulled the trigger. Gonna trust my instincts this week though and also trust the lookahead spot as well. Will let ya know if I add em to the play list.

my plays:
William & Mary -13.5
Southern -12
Elon -13.5
Georgia Southern -9.5
Norfolk St -15
Morgan St -16
Villanova -11

all home favs. we'll see

Already locked in JMU +6.5. Surprised to see them as a dog period much less catching nearly a TD. Also looking at Elon -13.5. Thoughts?

Thanks for pointing out that big UAB spread. Being a dog lover ; I'll probably bite.
Of the FCS games mentioned, I have played both W & M and JMU along with Colgate. My bullsheet is now up.

I think Villanova and Elon are worth a look, along with Bucknell and maybe one or more of the big FAVs in the Missouri Valley conf.

Cheers :shake:

ducks- Very nice list. GaS, Villanova, JMU, Elon, and W&M were all on my list. I haven't played anything yet as I just got home, but I like your start.

Bull - Of course you have a great list. Colgate was one that stuck out this afternoon when i caught a glimpse of the lines.

I also really liked SEMO tonight, as they were catching 10.5 at home, but I couldn't look at the game at work, and the number is now 6 points worse.....

Let me take a look, and see what I can find.

Good luck,hoops.
and keep working at this small conf stuff.
Easier to beat than the hi-profile games, for me anyway.

1* Villanova -6.5/ Colgate +21.5 6pt teaser

I'm changing things up a little this week, and looking for a way to get around 5dime's -120 bullshit and $50 limits.

I like Villanova in their home opener, coming off a bye week, playing a middle of the pack Partiot League team. Antwon Young is a great QB, and Nova returns their entire line to give him some protection. On the other side, Lehigh is returning a good bit on offense, but they have to replace a 3 year starter at QB, and is trusting a Soph that saw next to no action last season, with the ball.

Bull touched on Colgate a little, but I think Furman is getting too much respect for holding down Va Tech last week, in the pouring rain. Colgate has a back that rushed for almost 2000 yards last season, and had 190 against my Alma Matter, who boast a pretty solid run D. Furman will probably win, but I certainly don't see a 3 TD victory with Colgate controlling the ball.

1* Villanova -6.5/ Fordham pk 6pt teaser
1* Fordham pk/ Colgate +21.5

Dayton is a non-scholarship FCS school, and squeaked by a sorry D2 school two weeks back, only gaining 89 yards on the ground. They have to replace a 3 year starting QB, who was the team's leading rusher, and also threw for 3300+ yards last season.

Dayton went into Fordham last season, and won the game on a 69 yard TD pass with 5 minutes remaining, and also scored TDs on drives of 25 and 36 yards.

Fordham was perfect on the road last season, and I look for them to keep it rolling.

Added a few more FBS games.....

I don't think I'll have any more FCS plays, as I've looked over the card at least 8 times, and I just can't find anything else that makes me raise my brow.

I do think that JMU wins SU against UMass, but with App State on deck, and their heart breaking loss to them last season, there coud be just a little bit of a look ahead, and that certainly can't happen against a great team like Mass.

Elon should cruise by PC by at least 20. I'm still looking at this one.

In the William Mary/VMI game, 38 starters return combined, from last year's 63-16 ass whoppin W&M put on. VMI doesn't have the come from behind ability, because they are a 100% option team, but a few To's here and there from W&M could be in for a close game. I may just pair this with Elon.

2* North Dakota State +12/Elon -9

I never thought the ND St. game would go back up to 6, but sure as hell it did. Over the past 2 seasons, ND St has played 4 FBS teams, and stands at 2-2, losing by a combined total of 5 points! Last season, they put the smack-down on Central Michigan 41-28, and beat Minnesota 27-21. They controlled the ball in both games, so don't think the wins were TO related. The previous year, they lost by 4 at Ball State, and by 1 in Minnesota (as Minny blocked a FG last in the 4th, if I recall correctly).

This is ND State's 1st year of eligibility for the playoffs in the FCS, sine they have been transitioning from D2, and are looking to make a statement again. I spit on Jeff Sagarin, and his ratings for this team (which is where the lines come from) as he has 9 FCS school rated higher than these guys. That's laughable in and of its self.

They shut down Central Connecticut State last week, who runs an option type offense to the tune of 50-14.

As far as Elon is concerned, I really think they need to come out and prove a point at home this week. A night game, with it being Hall of Fame night, should get the home crowd fired up. I also forgot that Elon played Stony Brook in a ton of rain, on the back end of Hanna last week, up in NY. They could very well take PC out to the woodshed today, just like they did to a very good Liberty team last season, from the Big South.

Last edited:
UAB misses the cover by 2. They were intercepted in the endzone, and at the Tennessee 4 yard line, which really took some points off the board.

Wow.... Not a good day.... Dayton uses another bunch of smoke and mirrors against Fordham, as they blocked a punt and returned it 50 yards for a TD with under a minute in the 2Q, and Fordham fumbles the ball on the Dayton 2 yard line in the 3rd Q......

Colgate could not stop Furman, but luckily Furman decided to stop themselves, and kept it under the 21.5 by half a point.

Villanova dominated Lehigh for most of the game, and the final score should end up 33-14, as the final minute ticks off.....

Back