Week 16 What Did We Learn

Skins backup Taylor Heinicke looked great, way better than Haskins (102.3 passer rating to 36.9). I think the answer to the following question will decide a lot of bets: who will start Week 17, how short would Haskins' leash be?

Jared Goff is 1 of the 10 worst QBs in the league not counting backups who are playing. As much as he tries not to show emotion, he clearly hasn't recovered from his abysmal Super Bowl performance. It doesn't take him much to start pouting. He's the most clueless I've seen him since the SB loss.
He dislocated the thumb on his throwing hand and may have broken it as well. More to come on that. They have zero experience with the backup. Rams will need a Packers win vs Bears next week to back into the playoffs. Rams D has been playing lights out. Looks like RB Henderson is joining Cam Akers on the injured list. Rams leaking oil rapidly

Chiefs are almost certainly going to play the winner of Tenn-Balt if the favs do their jobs. Mentioned it in the Playoffs thread. Less value now but worth getting a Baltimore future ticket.

silly sounding but I’m not overly concerned about any of these games KC has played. I’m concerned about resting next week, then the bye and then Balt (sorry Tenn) coming in and jumping out to a 14-0 lead over a flat and overly rested KC and running all day. I’d rather see the starters next week. As I said on Twitter, guys can get hurt any practice or any game. There’s no greater propensity for injuries in Week 17 than any other week. Stay in routine is my opinion. Which I know isn’t worth much lol

Chiefs are almost certainly going to play the winner of Tenn-Balt if the favs do their jobs. Mentioned it in the Playoffs thread. Less value now but worth getting a Baltimore future ticket.

silly sounding but I’m not overly concerned about any of these games KC has played. I’m concerned about resting next week, then the bye and then Balt (sorry Tenn) coming in and jumping out to a 14-0 lead over a flat and overly rested KC and running all day. I’d rather see the starters next week. As I said on Twitter, guys can get hurt any practice or any game. There’s no greater propensity for injuries in Week 17 than any other week. Stay in routine is my opinion. Which I know isn’t worth much lol
Agree 100%. At least play a half. Not difficult to shorten the half with running and short passes while running play clock all the way down. Nothing worse in my opinion then taking the foot off the pedal.

They should still get to the SB I would think. But they can be gotten for sure. Clearly the best team in NFL, but shaky as of late for sure

I’d fire the Miami head coach immediately. He will keep playing crapfest Tua and Fitz is night and day better. I wouldn’t bury Tua without an off season, but I’d rather have minshew than Tua atm.

Hurts is probably better than I thought. He has a deep arm.

Titans are hot garbage, they are done 1st round if the team they play has any kind of passing game. That defense is toast. Many here in Buffalo say that's the team they don't want to play but I say bring it on. Henry is a beast but the Bills would thrash them the second time around.

Titans are hot garbage, they are done 1st round if the team they play has any kind of passing game. That defense is toast. Many here in Buffalo say that's the team they don't want to play but I say bring it on. Henry is a beast but the Bills would thrash them the second time around.
I’d LOVE to face Buffalo. Smashed them once will do it again. Mr I’ve never won a playoff game doesn’t scare me

In other news we learned...

Hurts is legit. Cards are a year away. Nagy and Mitch might be back in chi next year. Brady is the GOAT. Kc is bored. Dallas will win the nfc East. Jets keep darnold

In other news we learned...

Hurts is legit. Cards are a year away. Nagy and Mitch might be back in chi next year. Brady is the GOAT. Kc is bored. Dallas will win the nfc East. Jets keep darnold
If the idiotic Jets don’t draft Wilson and keep Darnold they’ve lost me. Not that they should care but Darnold needs to go.

I like the Titans but their upside is limited by Tannehill who just isn’t very good. When your QB is nothing more than a game manager you are probably not winning any championships.

You are never winning anything if he is your QB. I said it before he was drafted and I am even more certain about it now.
In this era of instant gratification, we’ve seen rookie qbs get little to no meaningful reps and come in and play well e.g minshew & herbie. They were both thrown in the fire and looked like they belong. Tua was given time and looks lost. Granted, I’ll give him a pass because the injury and no offseason, but his outlook isn’t as shiny as the other two.

Goff is going to cost the Rams any chance of winning it all as long as he is their QB.

100% truth. If Goff plays slightly better than complete dog crap, they win that game. Just mediocre yesterday probably gets it done.

Essentially the Pats exposed the Geppetto (McVay) and Pinocchio (Goff) scheme in the Super Bowl and Goff has not been the same since. Also, the Jets and Seahawks finally figured out that the Rams play action boot-leg accounts for the overwhelming majority of Goff's successful. Both teams took away that facet of the Rams’ offense at the expense of allow a few extra rushing yards.

Sadly, the Rams have a Super Bowl caliber defense, with a reasonable starting quarterback they would be the NFC favorite. And Goff's contract (25 Million Base Next Year) is going albatross for the Rams (roughly 1/5 of the projected salary cap).

In this era of instant gratification, we’ve seen rookie qbs get little to no meaningful reps and come in and play well e.g minshew & herbie. They were both thrown in the fire and looked like they belong. Tua was given time and looks lost. Granted, I’ll give him a pass because the injury and no offseason, but his outlook isn’t as shiny as the other two.
The guy could complete 50 passes in a game and probably not break 200 yards.

I think a good point was made about Tua the other night...

He isn't sure what 'NFL Open' is... and Harvard is trying to teach him that....

At Bama, he was mostly throwing to pretty open receivers...

Hence, all the checkdowns.
He doesn’t have the arm strength to make the difficult throws anyway. My pre draft comparison to Leinart was spot on.

I am a homer but if the Packers can play defense they are the team to beat. 25-6 regular season past 2 years. Rodgers looking like top 3 MVP candidate. Who wants to come to Lambeau in January?

You can’t trade down because he is going top 5 without a doubt. The Jets better not screw around and just pick Wilson at 2.
Not saying he’s not good but he will face the same issues darnold had. No help lol. Keep same. Trade down. Get more picks. Draft the wr from lsu, pick up a lineman and rb later on and maybe take a flyer on max Jones or Trask assuming they don’t go 1st round. I just don’t see Wilson being a franchise changing qb. I like fields and Lance both better than him and not sure I’d take either of them top 2

I agree. To be fair he also doesn’t have a whole lot of receivers that can get open. I’m not a fan of Tua but to write him off already is hilarious

Not saying he’s not good but he will face the same issues darnold had. No help lol. Keep same. Trade down. Get more picks. Draft the wr from lsu, pick up a lineman and rb later on and maybe take a flyer on max Jones or Trask assuming they don’t go 1st round. I just don’t see Wilson being a franchise changing qb. I like fields and Lance both better than him and not sure I’d take either of them top 2
Wilson is the only acceptable QB for me. It’s time to move in on from Darnold and I am not passing on Wilson. Swing for the fences or accept being terrible for another decade or more.

I never saw in Tua what others saw and see. He's going to be an average QB.

Darnold ranks #4 with a 78.3 clean pocket completion percentage. Maybe his problem is pass protection.
That’s some bullshit statistic because I’ve watched every game of his career and he’s shown nothing. Let Washington or some other organization buy into Sam I’m done with it.

Those of you who are comfortable with Darnold are you prepared to pay him 20 million plus per season because next year is his last cheap year. I’m sorry but the 2022 draft class is weak for QBs and Wilson is good for me at 2. Maybe if Darnold was showing some progress I would be willing to give him one last chance but three years is long enough bad situation or not.

Those of you who are comfortable with Darnold are you prepared to pay him 20 million plus per season because next year is his last cheap year. I’m sorry but the 2022 draft class is weak for QBs and Wilson is good for me at 2. Maybe if Darnold was showing some progress I would be willing to give him one last chance but three years is long enough bad situation or not.
The money is ridiculous but all qb money is. I just don’t think outside of sunshine there is a qb who will fare better with the same lack of weapons. Wilson isn’t gonna magical make you an 8-8 team or better. Trade down. Take Lance, Jones, or Trask if you’re set on a qb and pick up extra picks to fill holes.

The money is ridiculous but all qb money is. I just don’t think outside of sunshine there is a qb who will fare better with the same lack of weapons. Wilson isn’t gonna magical make you an 8-8 team or better. Trade down. Take Lance, Jones, or Trask if you’re set on a qb and pick up extra picks to fill holes.
The Jets can trade down with the Seattle pick but I’m not giving up on a chance at a franchise QB. If I was set on mediocre QB play I would stick with Darnold and therefore want nothing to do with any other QB in this draft besides Wilson. It’s bad enough that they refused to secure the number one pick by playing Morgan at QB so we have to just make the best of it and pick Wilson.

I have always gone with the theory that you keep drafting a QB until you finally have that franchise guy. With a weak 2022 class and no assurances we will pick this high again give me the upside of Wilson and if for some reason it doesn’t work out try again in three years.

Back