Week 16 What Did We Learn

We are learning once again just how important having that guy at QB is. The Rams have a great roster but who cares when they trot out that albatross at QB. How many years has Rodgers carried sub par Packers teams to the playoffs (this years team is pretty talented but it hasn’t always been that way).

I have always gone with the theory that you keep drafting a QB until you finally have that franchise guy. With a weak 2022 class and no assurances we will pick this high again give me the upside of Wilson and if for some reason it doesn’t work out try again in three years.
Maybe I’m wrong I just don’t see Wilson being that guy.

I’m just saying despite our awful d, Buffalo scares me not one bit.
Not sure why they wouldn't scare just about any team right now. They look like a completely different team defensively then they did in the first half of the season & once they get Brown back, their offense will be even more lethal. There's no denying how much Allen has improved this year. 4700 total yards & has accounted for 42 td's. I realize they played their worst game of the season by far against the Titans, but that was almost 3 months ago & they did hold Henry to 57 yards that game. Just as I wouldn't expect Henry to be held to 3 ypc again, I also wouldn't count on Allen to play below par against that secondary given a second opportunity.

How awful was the browns game plan? Stefanski deserves a ton of credit for how he has this team looking but he been getting more and more pass happy and it came to a redic point in this one! I understand they got down and jets were stuffing the run game but you gotta find ways to get Chubb and Hunt way way way more touches in this game! 50+ passes in a game all your wrs out? Makes no freaking sense! I don’t blame Baker at all on this one, yea he played like ass but that was on the coaching staff! Cant believe they didn’t run a lot of stuff for hunt out the backfield or in slot!! Just awful.

Is Gase saving his job? Lmao, how horrible would that be for jets???

How awful was the browns game plan? Stefanski deserves a ton of credit for how he has this team looking but he been getting more and more pass happy and it came to a redic point in this one! I understand they got down and jets were stuffing the run game but you gotta find ways to get Chubb and Hunt way way way more touches in this game! 50+ passes in a game all your wrs out? Makes no freaking sense! I don’t blame Baker at all on this one, yea he played like ass but that was on the coaching staff! Cant believe they didn’t run a lot of stuff for hunt out the backfield or in slot!! Just awful.

Is Gase saving his job? Lmao, how horrible would that be for jets???
The game plan was the correct one but they got screwed with the wide receivers being out. The one thing the Jets can do is stop the run and they have probably the worst secondary in the league. You have to throw on that team but Cleveland was in a bad position.

Gase has as much chance of coaching the Jets next season as I do. I am certain that the next hire will be just as awful but this guy is finished.

The game plan was the correct one but they got screwed with the wide receivers being out. The one thing the Jets can do is stop the run and they have probably the worst secondary in the league. You have to throw on that team but Cleveland was in a bad position.

Gase has as much chance of coaching the Jets next season as I do. I am certain that the next hire will be just as awful but this guy is finished.

I agree in normal circumstances throwing on the jets would be the correct way to attack them (although I disagree Baker should ever throw 50+ times!). That said you have to freaking adjust, I know they had no time for this really but surely they have plenty plays set up to throw to hunt? Surely they could have given Chubb more opportunities to get going!! Understand what you saying but there no way that was the correct plan given the circumstances.

I was hoping things would work out better for sCam, I get it he has nothing to work with but damn he was awful last night!! Even when he had guys legit open he missed them by a mile! Think it gotta be over for him as a starter. Sorry Cam but it over! look on the bright side, you get to retire in early 30s super rich! Find a hobby and enjoy life!!

I was hoping things would work out better for sCam, I get it he has nothing to work with but damn he was awful last night!! Even when he had guys legit open he missed them by a mile! Think it gotta be over for him as a starter. Sorry Cam but it over! look on the bright side, you get to retire in early 30s super rich! Find a hobby and enjoy life!!
Cam has been washed up for quite awhile and he was never that great to begin with.

As few guys have mentioned the last month can’t imagine any the top afc teams were thrilled to see ravens now control their own destiny! Glad it worked out this way cause woulda been a real bummer had these guys not gotten in. Might be hottest team going not named the bills, lowered expectations might be what the dr ordered for their playoff woes!

Cam has been washed up for quite awhile and he was never that great to begin with.

he was pretty special for a year or 2. No matter how big and strong he is that style was never gonna allow him to hold up, you just can’t be having collisions with linebackers week in and week out in this league and expect to play into your 30s!!

As few guys have mentioned the last month can’t imagine any the top afc teams were thrilled to see ravens now control their own destiny! Glad it worked out this way cause woulda been a real bummer had these guys not gotten in. Might be hottest team going not named the bills, lowered expectations might be what the dr ordered for their playoff woes!
Make Lamar throw and you have that team beat.

Make Lamar throw and you have that team beat.

I don’t subscribe to that theory. I think he can beat you throwing, especially if he doing it while you have to be committing so much to stopping him and rest of the run game. Get out to a lead and put them in a spot where you know he passing then yes I agree.

he was pretty special for a year or 2. No matter how big and strong he is that style was never gonna allow him to hold up, you just can’t be having collisions with linebackers week in and week out in this league and expect to play into your 30s!!
Give me the QB that uses his legs to buy time to throw. That’s the difference between Cam and guys like Rodgers and Mahomes. Really Cam couldn’t play any other way because he was never all that accurate as a thrower.

To me best case scenario for Fields is Cam in 2020. Whoever picks him is going to regret it almost immediately.

I don’t subscribe to that theory. I think he can beat you throwing, especially if he doing it while you have to be committing so much to stopping him and rest of the run game. Get out to a lead and put them in a spot where you know he passing then yes I agree.
Lamar is a great athlete but if he is forced to pass it a lot they can’t win.

Give me the QB that uses his legs to buy time to throw. That’s the difference between Cam and guys like Rodgers and Mahomes. Really Cam couldn’t play any other way because he was never all that accurate as a thrower.

To me best case scenario for Fields is Cam in 2020. Whoever picks him is going to regret it almost immediately.

yea I agree (with the top, not sure on fields), especially with his style of running. Lot these kids like Kyler and Lamar don’t take nearly the abuse Cam did while running. Although I still worry bout Kyler cause he so small and he been starting to get nicked up this season. Murray a way better passer than the other 2 but his legs a huge part cards offense none the less.

yea I agree (with the top, not sure on fields), especially with his style of running. Lot these kids like Kyler and Lamar don’t take nearly the abuse Cam did while running. Although I still worry bout Kyler cause he so small and he been starting to get nicked up this season. Murray a way better passer than the other 2 but his legs a huge part cards offense none the less.
Murray will be lucky if he lasts 5 years. Not only is he short but he has a slight frame.

Lamar is a great athlete but if he is forced to pass it a lot they can’t win.

I agree if you get him into obvious passing situations. I think he throwing it well enough he can make plays throwing when teams have to dedicate so much to containing him and the run game. Honestly I think it now his anticipation holding him back as a passer more than his ability to throw. It obviously not textbook looking and never will be but if he could learn to throw guys open he could be good enough as a passer.

Murray will be lucky if he lasts 5 years. Not only is he short but he has a slight frame.

his frame is the huge concern imo. I hope you wrong cause I really like watching him play and he throws a pretty ball. As mentioned he really starting to get banged up this year which gotta be a massive concern. That offense is gonna have to evolve in the coming years or I fear you be correct, right now it just so dependent on him making plays with his legs. The weeks he wasn’t taking off they were not nearly as good and now he banged up again.

Starting to feel like if I don’t cash that Rodgers for mvp at +450 I mentioned a month ago I will have gotten hosed! Surely he won it in the snow on primetime after mahomes got lucky to beat atl! Didn’t he? He playin freaking incredible!

is there a better wr than adams? I don’t think he gets mentioned enough when we talk about the best wrs and to me he the toughest cover in the league right now!!!

Starting to feel like if I don’t cash that Rodgers for mvp at +450 I mentioned a month ago I will have gotten hosed! Surely he won it in the snow on primetime after mahomes got lucky to beat atl! Didn’t he? He playin freaking incredible!

is there a better wr than adams? I don’t think he gets mentioned enough when we talk about the best wrs and to me he the toughest cover in the league right now!!!
Only way you lose that bet is if the voting is rigged so you may in fact not win it.

Chiefs are almost certainly going to play the winner of Tenn-Balt if the favs do their jobs. Mentioned it in the Playoffs thread. Less value now but worth getting a Baltimore future ticket.

silly sounding but I’m not overly concerned about any of these games KC has played. I’m concerned about resting next week, then the bye and then Balt (sorry Tenn) coming in and jumping out to a 14-0 lead over a flat and overly rested KC and running all day. I’d rather see the starters next week. As I said on Twitter, guys can get hurt any practice or any game. There’s no greater propensity for injuries in Week 17 than any other week. Stay in routine is my opinion. Which I know isn’t worth much lol

i agree I’d play them a half at least. Crazy to rest guys when you have the bye imo. Of course if someone gets hurt then you get destroyed but they do get paid for 16 games! No bye, I’d rest, I have the bye my guys gotta play a little!!

I learned that I was wrong to write Big Ben off for dead. He made some great throws even downfield today!

word is he called his own plays in the huddle of 2nd half. maybe the play calling been the reason they didn’t throw down field? I thought he was washed too. Luckily I bet steelers in-spite of that cause just screamed how the nfl typically works, lol.

I still think they most likely one and done in playoffs. Lost to much on the defense and they still have no run game at all!!

We are learning once again just how important having that guy at QB is. The Rams have a great roster but who cares when they trot out that albatross at QB. How many years has Rodgers carried sub par Packers teams to the playoffs (this years team is pretty talented but it hasn’t always been that way).

cowherd was talking with someone and they mentioned they think trubisky would be way better with Mcvey than Goff is. Actually hard to argue, crazy as may sound!

I think he’s being severely undervalued bc he played one game this year and didn’t look that great but he’s legit. Def have him ahead of Wilson, and maybe even fields

I have never seen him but I’d prob still roll with him!! And I would absolutely draft a qb every year! Not in the 1st round obviously but not like you will lose your investment even if you have a legit franchise guy already!

My theory about packers maybe not being better off at home was asinine! Lol. They played incredible in the snow Sunday night!! Adams footwork was amazing, nobody gonna be able to cover him on the frozen tundra!! All a sudden the Dillan draft pick dont look dumb at all! That came out of nowhere and added a incredibly physical element to their offense!!! Think I’m starting to lean packers over seattle to represent the nfc! Both defenses have improved dramatically down the stretch.

Zeke says “if you gave up on them 5-6 weeks ago we don’t even want you on our side”, lmfao. Sure zeke, get mad at the fans cause you played like fuck,, way to poof your chest out now that you could be 7-9 and win division! Congrats on another “successful” season by your lofty standards!!

Wonder how his boss feels about that? Surely Jerry would like the bandwagon to fill up, after all he is overpaying some loud mouth running back who already a shell of what they paid for!! Call me crazy but much rather have pollard with his small price tag than Zeke at what he making!!

He better drop like 20 lbs this offseason and actually train like he needs this money

no incentive. He pretty much checked out the minute he decided he had done enough to get paid, then Jerry confirmed that belief by paying him. I know he carried it a ton early in his career but seems like he kinda flamed out even faster than backs supposed to! Henry got paid didn’t he? He still running like he cares!!

no incentive. He pretty much checked out the minute he decided he had done enough to get paid, then Jerry confirmed that belief by paying him. I know he carried it a ton early in his career but seems like he kinda flamed out even faster than backs supposed to! Henry got paid didn’t he? He still running like he cares!!
Yup. Henry is just a different breed. He still runs hungry

I have always gone with the theory that you keep drafting a QB until you finally have that franchise guy. With a weak 2022 class and no assurances we will pick this high again give me the upside of Wilson and if for some reason it doesn’t work out try again in three years.
This x1000. I've said this about the Bills organization for 20 years.

Back