-210U 40
Dec 19 Mon 2022

07:15 PM
331Los Angeles Rams+7½
O 40
332Green Bay Packers-7½
U 40

Last edited:
Over Bears and Eagles almost seems too easy, right?

Feels like this should be 51-52

Feel like Bengals will be a popular play and Tampa circles the wagons here. No bet, but just that feeling.

The lions run defense has been excellent, can they contain Mike White? This would be a sweep of New Jersey and make things real interesting with the last 3 games (Car, Chi and GB).

Rams on MNF. Awesome.

SNF game isn't sexy but absolutely a huge, almost knock-out game.

Over Bears and Eagles almost seems too easy, right?

Feels like this should be 51-52

Feel like Bengals will be a popular play and Tampa circles the wagons here. No bet, but just that feeling.

The lions run defense has been excellent, can they contain Mike White? This would be a sweep of New Jersey and make things real interesting with the last 3 games (Car, Chi and GB).

Rams on MNF. Awesome.

SNF game isn't sexy but absolutely a huge, almost knock-out game.

I dunno how hurt cincy wr’s are? If higgens and Boyd playing I think I’d have to be on bengals again. Another defense I don’t think tampa gonna be able to score much against. It has to go under 44 for bucs to win doesn’t it? No way do I see tampa able to score more than low 20s at the very very most, feel like im being generous not just saying 20. Under 44 def interest me if those cincy wr’s out.

As long as weather reasonable in Chicago I agree, Philly should be able to do pretty much anything they want and bears run game outta have success. Only thing is kinda high for a game both teams prob have 30+ rush attempts, clock will be moving!! I wonder if bears coach knows Sirianni really well, they both had to be on staff together in Indy right? Not sure that means much since bears d doesn’t have the horses to stop all eagles weapons. Will bears try to grind the clock if they having success on ground? I certainly see your side of it, both offenses bad matchups for the defenses.

I wish I was one them sharp guys who got on lines right away, I woulda killed to have lions +3, I think that gonna turn out to be best game on the card. The other games with winning/good teams I think will be lopsided. This feels like a 1 score game either way. I been betting both these teams so tough for me with line being pick. I could tease them both to + 6 or 7 and the total down to 37/38, I think that would cash.

Not only rams on Monday but they playing packers, Jfc that awful! Packers should start Love, him vs Faker I guess could be worth watching, maybe?

I’m def gonna be on Washington to win, I dunno bout laying -4.5 tho?

Gotta be a pretty big advantage for commanders to have played giants then had a week off to dissect it while giants were getting their asses handed to them against a physical team!

As much I want to root for fish, like the coach and how he has worked the offense with those speedsters I think Tua limitations are starting to do them in, teams figuring out defend middle the field and make him throw outside to beat ya, maybe you get burned once or twice but you effectively stop that offense from moving. No idea why he didn’t feature the run game vs chargers? The few times they ran they started having success but then went back to passing and drive was over. Fish gonna have to establish their run game going forward cause nobody gonna let anything in middle the field be open until they forced to stop the run! I think bills are gonna wax them this week. Fish been out west for 2 weeks, fly back to beautiful Miami late Sunday night, then short week flight to nasty Buffalo to face a much healthier secondary. This smells like a total beat down to me., I’m not even worried bout laying the hook.

Feel bout same in niners/seattle, maybe I’m a tad worried bout Purdy 1st road start in Seattle but niners d will take seattle apart. Panthers d who I like made it tough on seattle, obviously helped them seattle was on 3rd string rb but imo it don’t matter who the running back is this week cause you can’t run on niners! Geno will throw another pick or 2, DK amd Lockett can make plays outside the numbers, niners been feasting on offenses who don’t throw outside the hash marks lately so that my one concern. Think niners offense will keep settle on the sideline for long stretches tho and the pass rush can make the outside throws harder to get off!

Know jets d is good, but lions offense has been a top unit for awhile

Further in the Twitter thread is how their OL has improved past 6 weeks as well

Most lions season long stats I find useless cause most everything about them has improved since around their bye. Lions d keeps getting talked about as one the worst in the league but that hasn’t been the case, they not a great defense but they playing decent which a far cry from early on. The offense is just now getting their full compliment of weapons for the 1st time all year! st brown, chark, plus the rookie Williams is a top 10ish group of wr’s imo. Swift is healthy I think (dunno why he was used so little last week?). There a reason sharp money smashed this line at open getting points w lions, I think they are without a doubt one the best 5-6 teams in the nfc right now. The only reason this game tough cause I really like the jets with Mike white at qb. Are lions still banged up in secondary? I think Garrett Wilson could be a real problem for them.

Gotta be a pretty big advantage for commanders to have played giants then had a week off to dissect it while giants were getting their asses handed to them against a physical team!

As much I want to root for fish, like the coach and how he has worked the offense with those speedsters I think Tua limitations are starting to do them in, teams figuring out defend middle the field and make him throw outside to beat ya, maybe you get burned once or twice but you effectively stop that offense from moving. No idea why he didn’t feature the run game vs chargers? The few times they ran they started having success but then went back to passing and drive was over. Fish gonna have to establish their run game going forward cause nobody gonna let anything in middle the field be open until they forced to stop the run! I think bills are gonna wax them this week. Fish been out west for 2 weeks, fly back to beautiful Miami late Sunday night, then short week flight to nasty Buffalo to face a much healthier secondary. This smells like a total beat down to me., I’m not even worried bout laying the hook.

Feel bout same in niners/seattle, maybe I’m a tad worried bout Purdy 1st road start in Seattle but niners d will take seattle apart. Panthers d who I like made it tough on seattle, obviously helped them seattle was on 3rd string rb but imo it don’t matter who the running back is this week cause you can’t run on niners! Geno will throw another pick or 2, DK amd Lockett can make plays outside the numbers, niners been feasting on offenses who don’t throw outside the hash marks lately so that my one concern. Think niners offense will keep settle on the sideline for long stretches tho and the pass rush can make the outside throws harder to get off!
Bills have their own offensive problems as well ...
Wish they'd practice outdoors instead of in the field house before home games ...
Pass catchers are dropping a ton of balls , constantly switching gloves on the sideline all game ....
The December and January weather was a massive advantage during the Super Bowl years bc they practiced outside , now they'd be better off playing in the dome in Syracuse .

Spot on , I'd make both a few points higher
I'd add niners -3.5 @ seattle I think it should be higher......love having the way better defense and ability to run it down the other teams throat. panthers just outrushed them 223-46 and niners only catching 3.5.......juiced to seattle at my book maybe i'm wrong but this line doesn't add up at all.

Bills have their own offensive problems as well ...
Wish they'd practice outdoors instead of in the field house before home games ...
Pass catchers are dropping a ton of balls , constantly switching gloves on the sideline all game ....
The December and January weather was a massive advantage during the Super Bowl years bc they practiced outside , now they'd be better off playing in the dome in Syracuse .

You def know them better than me, I don’t think fish secondary can hold up at moment. Most importantly I don’t think fish offense be able to have much of any success and gotta believe nasty weather be harder on them. Think the biggest key just be bills oline giving Allen time, they do that and I don’t think this game be all that close. Think bills wrs find a lot more room to work than in recent weeks. I totally agree with you tho, think they doing themselves a huge disservice practicing exclusively inside, that seems really odd to me. Why the heck would you do that when ya know you will be playing in the elements and it should be a huge advantage, especially a week like this against Miami!

I'd add niners -3.5 @ seattle I think it should be higher......love having the way better defense and ability to run it down the other teams throat. panthers just outrushed them 223-46 and niners only catching 3.5.......juiced to seattle at my book maybe i'm wrong but this line doesn't add up at all.

I agree, it gotta be way too much about purdy making 1st road start at a tough place to play but hell, the kid started in all kinds of hostile environments in college! As you saying I don’t even think they need him to do a whole lot cause the run game and d should totally take seattle apart. I feel like this should prob be more like -6. Niners ran for about 180 in the 1st meeting w Jeff Wilson jr leading the way. Seattle won’t be able to run regardless what backs suite up, maybe DK and Lockett can make a play or 2 on outside but geno gonna be under pressure and long as he don’t have a running game I suspect he continues w the turnovers like last week.

Most lions season long stats I find useless cause most everything about them has improved since around their bye. Lions d keeps getting talked about as one the worst in the league but that hasn’t been the case, they not a great defense but they playing decent which a far cry from early on. The offense is just now getting their full compliment of weapons for the 1st time all year! st brown, chark, plus the rookie Williams is a top 10ish group of wr’s imo. Swift is healthy I think (dunno why he was used so little last week?). There a reason sharp money smashed this line at open getting points w lions, I think they are without a doubt one the best 5-6 teams in the nfc right now. The only reason this game tough cause I really like the jets with Mike white at qb. Are lions still banged up in secondary? I think Garrett Wilson could be a real problem for them.
Yeah, you really need to compare the Lions defensive numbers pre and post the firing. Stark contrast.

The pass defense is still not good, but that run defense is excellent (except vs running QB's).

Anyone have info on what the Patriots travel schedule looks like?

Short turnaround with two games out west.

What do we think of Tennessee right now?

Obviously, they have lost the 3 in a row. Last week was an absolute whooping from those Jaguars.

The two wins before that were Denver, in what was a tight game till the end plus the night game at Green Bay.

In fact, the last quality win they had in my mind was over two months ago at Washington.

The division sucks, so they likely will back into a playoff spot. They just aren't that good, are they?

This is another big game for the Chargers as they fight for a WC spot.

Line right now is a very soft 3. That indicates that books think that the Titans are a slightly better team on a neutral field. Interesting to me...

Obviously, they have lost the 3 in a row. Last week was an absolute whooping from those Jaguars.

The two wins before that were Denver, in what was a tight game till the end plus the night game at Green Bay.

In fact, the last quality win they had in my mind was over two months ago at Washington.

The division sucks, so they likely will back into a playoff spot. They just aren't that good, are they?

Line right now is a very soft 3. That indicates that books think that the Titans are a slightly better team on a neutral field. Interesting to me...
it's a vrabel spot, he usually has his guys ready to play off 2 losses like this , earlier in the season they took care of oakland after 2 embarrassing losses and did so with relative ease relative to the score.........not too long ago, like 2 weeks ago tennessee would be favored in this game...........I think I like the titans.

titans almost beat the chiefs without tannehill, were right there with the bengals - schedules around the league are a wash imo, - nobody really has quality wins because so few good teams this year.

it's a vrabel spot, he usually has his guys ready to play off 2 losses like this , earlier in the season they took care of oakland after 2 embarrassing losses and did so with relative ease relative to the score.........not too long ago, like 2 weeks ago tennessee would be favored in this game...........I think I like the titans.

titans almost beat the chiefs without tannehill, were right there with the bengals - schedules around the league are a wash imo, - nobody really has quality wins because so few good teams this year.
Good points.

I have high respect for the Titams staff.

Looking back to the KC game, they had that until the defense just ran out of gas. No support that day from a Willis led offense at all. They had Patty and company bottled up till the end stages of the game.

Titans annoyed me so bad last week, as they often do anytime I trust them. They never be that good cause their qb sucks. Henry had damn near 100 In the 1st qrtr so of course they give their garbage qb chances to turn it over. I’d love to fade them but you would think Henry will run all over the chargers, that and I’d say pretty big coaching mismatch. I don’t see any way titans can stop chargers passing game tho. Over maybe?

Yeah, you really need to compare the Lions defensive numbers pre and post the firing. Stark contrast.

The pass defense is still not good, but that run defense is excellent (except vs running QB's).

Garrett Wilson prob have another huge day but that doesn’t make me think lions can’t win. They let Jefferson go crazy between the 20s but it didn’t lead to a ton of points for Vikings. If jets struggle to run is white gonna be able to get them in the endzone? Jets havnt been great in that department and lions the best red zone offense in the league, when they get inside the 20 they punch it in at a super high clip. That alone gonna keep them in most every game.

Anyone have info on what the Patriots travel schedule looks like?

Short turnaround with two games out west.
Believe they are staying out west this week.

Don’t know specifics, like when we hear Niners are @ Greenbrier. Vegas probably not the best spot to hole up for a week and focus?

Anyone have any thoughts to share on the Vikings this week? This to me looks like a great bounce back after losing to the Lions last week. The Colts have not looked good at all.

Anyone have any thoughts to share on the Vikings this week? This to me looks like a great bounce back after losing to the Lions last week. The Colts have not looked good at all.
Agreed.

Good "get healthy" spot.

They should finally not allow 400 yards in a game.

They still have wiggle room as far as winning the division goes.

Hear you on the gut feel, but two weeks ago skins were -2.5 AT giants. Then they had a week off while giants got smoked, and now play in Was. By those numbers, shouldn’t skins be -6.5 or more?

I think the commanders and giants are power rated very close with skins slightly better, about -1.5 better on a netural....so the last game if we are giving homefield credit to the giants was lined wrong and should of been more like pickem .......they had that line at least 4 on a neutral and that was way off....as for this week i just feel it should be 3 - the 2 teams play close games with each other, 4 of the last 5 decided by 5 points combined......a tie, 2 games by 1 point, and 1 by 3 points.............washington is not a margin team by any measure ...I could see some that like the fact that they have a bye week but I think giants supporters could like angle after a blowout loss - I don't think 1 game the philly loss does much to the power ratings at this point in the season

Huge coaching advantage Vrabel over Staley.

While I totally agree w that, I think I was the inaugural member of the Staley hater club, way before it got trendy to bash him! I actually think he has gotten a lot better about tempering his aggressiveness and not going for it in dumb situations, the few games I’ve watched anyways: I’m all for aggressive but there was a time Sunday night chargers had a 4th and 3 close to midfield and I was sure he go, previous years he woulda for sure, he punted tho which was absolutely the right call considering fish offense couldn’t do squat. The week he went for 2 and the win I liked: I think it only fair to give him some credit in that department.

Unfortunately the reason I started bashing him at 1st wasn’t cause the hyper aggressive bad decisions, it cause he comes from the defensive side and his defensive philosophy is awful!! He hasn’t shown any desire to adjust it either. His teams don’t commit to stopping the run cause “running not as efficient”. Like it ok to let teams gash them cause it harder to score running the ball?!? Sure you gonna get less ypp but it ignores all the good things running does for the team doing it and all the bad things that happen to team allowing it. I thought they tried to bring in better run stopping d line even tho that not the answer, it scheme, those guys all banged up now anyways so maybe he had a great game plan for Miami but I’m still not sure why they didn’t want to run the ball? That won’t be a issue this week!! We know titans will run, hopefully they don’t make the same mistake of inexplicably letting tannehill drop back a few times on early downs like last week where he turned it over and somehow ruined a game script that saw Henry have 100 yards in 1st qrtr! Watch, even against this titans team chargers will never put 8 in the box! Stop Henry you beat them and chargers wont do it!

I like Vrabel but I don’t love titans OC. I like Vrabel but there no chance titans are gonna be able to stop chargers passing attack with a healthy Williams and Allen. Hopefully titans can get pressure but after watching Lawrence and his totally inconsistent te take titans d apart I can’t see them stopping chargers passing game. This game a real pain in the ass for me, im usually fading or passing on chargers, I’m done with titans after last week, gonna slam whoever gets to play them in 1st round!! Far as this game tho I have no clue. Over 47.5 kinda makes most sense to me. Don’t see either offense having problems moving the ball.

Are they gonna run the same offense or cater a bit?

Would yon like to think if they are serious bout evaluating Ridder they would let him throw more than 10-12 passes! I dunno if that what they doing or simply going to him cause Marriotta sucks and they still trying to win division? That prob only way to know the answer, if you think they trying to win division it be the same garbage all run all the time offense. If they want to decide if Ridder the guy they have to let him throw at least 20-25 passes a game don’t they?

I think the commanders and giants are power rated very close with skins slightly better, about -1.5 better on a netural....so the last game if we are giving homefield credit to the giants was lined wrong and should of been more like pickem .......they had that line at least 4 on a neutral and that was way off....as for this week i just feel it should be 3 - the 2 teams play close games with each other, 4 of the last 5 decided by 5 points combined......a tie, 2 games by 1 point, and 1 by 3 points.............washington is not a margin team by any measure ...I could see some that like the fact that they have a bye week but I think giants supporters could like angle after a blowout loss - I don't think 1 game the philly loss does much to the power ratings at this point in the season

Im sure it doesn’t change power ratings but it not the blowout, it the fact they got their asses kicked, you probably sore longer in the week when they run for 250 yards and I assume possessed the ball a lot? Commanders getting to sit around and dissect the tie while giants were getting manhandled I think is 100% worth a point or 2, I could be wrong but that how I feel bout it, that said I really much rather it been -3, I don’t want to lay -4.5 but I do think skins win. It’s a asshole line for anyone like me who wanted to back Washington. I took commanders ml the 1st game and prob will again , I just think they better, giants clearly have the better coach but roster wise I don’t think it all that close.

San Francisco -3.5 - Have seen nothing from Seattle to think they can stop Niners from running all over them, Deebo or no Deebo. Niners hammered them first meeting and that was when they were mediocre and without CMac. Riding them until they buck me off.

NY Jets PK - Detroit is rolling but they haven't faced a D like the Jets since going to Dallas and New England, and they were smothered in both games. Goff, on the road, in the cold. I'll take my chances with Gang Green.

Pittsburgh +2.5 - Steelers have been consistent in losing to winning teams and beating losing teams. The perfect blend of mediocrity. No reason to think that changes.

Jacksonville +4.5 - Dallas stumbled around for a half against the Giants before turning it on. They stumbled around for 45 minutes against the Colts before turning it on. They stumbled around for 55 minutes against the Texans before turning it on. This is also a massive lookahead spot for them. They are due for a full 60 minutes of frustration, and the Jags at home are good enough to provide it.

San Francisco -3.5 - Have seen nothing from Seattle to think they can stop Niners from running all over them, Deebo or no Deebo. Niners hammered them first meeting and that was when they were mediocre and without CMac. Riding them until they buck me off.

NY Jets PK - Detroit is rolling but they haven't faced a D like the Jets since going to Dallas and New England, and they were smothered in both games. Goff, on the road, in the cold. I'll take my chances with Gang Green.

Pittsburgh +2.5 - Steelers have been consistent in losing to winning teams and beating losing teams. The perfect blend of mediocrity. No reason to think that changes.

Jacksonville +4.5 - Dallas stumbled around for a half against the Giants before turning it on. They stumbled around for 45 minutes against the Colts before turning it on. They stumbled around for 55 minutes against the Texans before turning it on. This is also a massive lookahead spot for them. They are due for a full 60 minutes of frustration, and the Jags at home are good enough to provide it.
Makes sense on all of these.

My concern backing the Jets is the health of the interior d line & White.

Quinnen Williams is a beast & a huge reason for their success. If he doesn't go it's a big blow to the d. Franklin Myers banged up too but I'd think he plays. If they can't stop the inside run or pressure Goff he'll be able to work off play action. Jets D is that good though so maybe they do shut Goff down.

White has the whole team rallying around him and while it's a great story one more hard shot to the ribs & you have to trust Zach or Flacco. Corey Davis concussed oline banged up, they were a swinging door late vs BUffalo.

Tough fading the Lions rn I won't. They are 5-1 last 6 & the Jets are 2-4 last 6 so trusting the Jets to win is not something I'm dying to put my $$$ behind. Backing Goff otr doesn't sound so appealing either. It probably goes under by a mile another bet I won't make though haha.

Thursday night football is set up to be the classic public blood bath.
Everyone on SF and the rookie QB from Iowa State who is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. He just beat a dead Buccaneers team. Lets face it, Bucs did nothing the week before vs Saints except for the last 3 minutes. Prior they had 3pts vs the Saints.
Purdy questionable with busted up ribs now goes on the road to Seattle for the 1st time who just looked terrible vs the lowly Panthers lead by the rejuvenated Sam Darnold.
SF only -3? You think anyone is jumping on Seattle without more protection than 3? No way.
If Seattle gets Walker back he’s enough of a threat in the run game to open up the passing game. I expect the 9ers to rush 4 and drop 7 to defend the only hope Seattle has which is in the passing game.
I expect Purdy to play but if he doesn’t, SF backers will be relying on a 4th string 38 yr old Josh Johnson. GL

Last edited:
Everyone on SF and the rookie QB from Iowa State who is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. He just beat fish Buccaneers team. Lets face it, Bucs did nothing the weak before vs Saints except for the last 3 minutes. Prior they had 3pts vs the Saints.
Purdy questionable with busted up ribs now goes on the road to Seattle for the 1st time who just looked terrible vs the lowly Panthers lead by the rejuvenated Sam Darnold.
SF only -3? You think anyone is jumping on Seattle without more protection than 3? No way.
If Seattle gets Walker back he’s enough of a threat in the run game to open up the passing game. I expect the 9ers to rush 4 and drop 7 to defend the only hope Seattle has which is in the passing game.
I expect Purdy to play but if he doesn’t, SF backers will be relying on a 4th string 38 yr old Josh Johnson. GL

Plenty of sharp money hit seattle +3.5, sure most us dummies be on niners but long as they have money on seattle it doesn’t worry me as much. I don’t really expect shanny to ask much out his qb tonight, seattle run d is not good, niners should go for 150+ on ground. I don’t think seattle gonna have success on ground no matter who running it and geno be under pressure with those young tackles trying to block niners front, seattle stud wrs prob make a few plays but geno will give ball up a few times also. Im not sharp enough to play seattle, all about better d and the team I think will be able to run the ball for me. It was super early in yesr but 1st meeting penny and walker combined for 10 carries and 25 yards.

I guess if Higgins and Boyd both out it might be a close game. If either one of them plays I gotta roll with bengals.

Everyone on SF and the rookie QB from Iowa State who is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. He just beat fish Buccaneers team. Lets face it, Bucs did nothing the weak before vs Saints except for the last 3 minutes. Prior they had 3pts vs the Saints.
I agree with both of these takes. Schizophrenia?

Went with Seattle +3.5

No way Purdy doesn't play. Tough kid and is auditioning for his NFL career right now. Can I mention again that I would not trade him for Derek Carr?

49ers roll and the storybook ending continues. Don't over think it.

49ers 23
Seahawks 16

No way Purdy doesn't play. Tough kid and is auditioning for his NFL career right now. Can I mention again that I would not trade him for Derek Carr?

49ers roll and the storybook ending continues. Don't over think it.

49ers 23
Seahawks 16

No reason to trade anyone from SF for Carr when you have 4 better options:

Brady
Jimmy
Brock
Lance

I worried about this spot for him and if he’s hurt I think sitting him for JJ is preferable. The 9ers would win with a safe gameplan. Kyle gets carried away trying to throw too much with guys who should be managers like Brock and Mullens.

Plenty of sharp money hit seattle +3.5, sure most us dummies be on niners but long as they have money on seattle it doesn’t worry me as much. I don’t really expect shanny to ask much out his qb tonight, seattle run d is not good, niners should go for 150+ on ground. I don’t think seattle gonna have success on ground no matter who running it and geno be under pressure with those young tackles trying to block niners front, seattle stud wrs prob make a few plays but geno will give ball up a few times also. Im not sharp enough to play seattle, all about better d and the team I think will be able to run the ball for me. It was super early in yesr but 1st meeting penny and walker combined for 10 carries and 25 yards.

Seattle had one drive and Geno threw a pick. It’s not a good spot for an injured Brock, though. I think the line says JJ ends up playing. And if he does I love SF. Brock has been playing with fire and is a few inches and a few calls from going from great to a disaster. Let him heal.

Back