Week 14 Discussion Thread

I was all about fading the Browns & now no Lawrence....

I think Beathard can still go and get a road win line prob be a pickem now
+3.5 big time overreaction. Jags looked horrible vs Cincy & def got caught sleepwalking. Is DTR back? Flacco made some plays last week but Cooper is concussed- if they don't have the threat of stretching the field Jags can just run blitz them.

Jags could be live

Some crazy low totals & weather line moves. I think one of them is going to soar over. Could be a good opportunity for an alternate total.

For instance Pats Steelers o40.5 is+350.

I absolutely hate it but it's not like a 23-20 final is insane. Mitch had 3 road starts 2 years ago.....
40 @Car
46 @Clev
43 @Cin.

Just using that game as an example I just think one of these 30 pt total games is going over and the rest are likely totaling under 20

+3.5 big time overreaction. Jags looked horrible vs Cincy & def got caught sleepwalking. Is DTR back? Flacco made some plays last week but Cooper is concussed- if they don't have the threat of stretching the field Jags can just run blitz them.

Jags could be live

I don’t think the line a reaction to Monday night, I think it a short week, going into prob horrible weather in cle most likely with a qb who couldn’t win games with niners roster and one the best coaches in football! All that said it is very hard to lay points w browns offense. I believe they plan on going forward w Flacco, the only thing I’d say bout cooper is don’t take for granted the fact flacco knows, likes, and appears very comfy w Elijah Moore from their days together on the jets, he targeted him 12x last week!! If jags commit to heavily to the run d Moore can go the distance. With the weather they calling for around the country you know it gonna be fuvking awful in clevland! Not sure anyplace other than maybe your squad stadium gets more impacted by lake effect weather!! No chance I’m backing jags on a short week having to play in awful weather agsivst w grimy type team who will love the fact it nasty as hell,, and say what we want bout flacco he had a cannon of a arm, if anyone in this game can throw with the weather I’d bet it him. This feels like a awful spot for a young jags team that still hasn’t proven w ton to me. They could be down and freezing rain with 30 mph wind up against a nasty defense doesn’t feel to me like a game they get super up for.

Jags didn’t just have Lawrence go down Monday either: they lost Kirk for the year! Msybe ppl overlooking that cause they have a lot of weapons. Ridley has shown me a little more lately but for my money Kirk is the one I trust to make plays when they need them. Not having him around gonna hurt. Getting zay Jones back was huge but losing Kirk gonna have a similar effect to when zay was out. Now teans don’t have to focus as much on the slot. Not saying they don’t still have enough but imo Kirk a leader in that wr room so it gonna hurt. I’ll also say I always been a Ingram fan and he finally proved me right after years of inconsistently, I damn sure don’t trust him going into awful weather in cle! Same goes for Ridley honestly. I think I might actually be talking myself into a browns bet but I still will have a hard time laying points cause when the weather gets gross up there the scores are generally super super low!

that total is down 9 points now!! There no question what kinda gane ut will be in clevland!! More power to ya if you trust jags in that, I sure don’t,

@2daBank I meant overreaction to no Trevor not the loss

I feel ya but I think it has moved more since the weather news. Jags were still favs Tuesday after we knew Trevor prob out. I think weather accounting for several of those points to get cle to -3. If the weather is for sure I don’t think Trevor plsying would swing jags to favs, I think it be bout a pick.

To tell ya the truth I would love for them to say Lawrence plsying and get browns under a fg if the weather legit I don’t think he makes a lick of difference in this one, I think it be all bad for jags regardless!! It will 100% be on their d imo. And how freaking banged up Etienne ribs? They didn’t use him nearly enough Monday night! How he gonna feel bout the frozen field and redic wind? Probably not great.

He should tell Saleh to fuck himself and start Hackett at QB.

I don’t get the whole Rodgers bringing Hackett w him thing? Are they just buddies and he basically runs what he wants anyways? Or it just Rodgers so talented he doesn’t need a OC who capable of scheming offense? It reminds me a little of that clown Peyton manning swore by so after manning left the league he was in high demand, got more than a couple chances he didn’t deserve and was awful!! Ironically enough he was the jets coach at one point! Can’t think of his name at moment but he was terrible and nobody seemed to like him except Peyton! Which again was another situation where his ability to design or call games was irrelevant since Manning ran his offenses!! (Pace was that his name?), Bummer the jets have fallen for this 2 different times! lol

I don’t get the whole Rodgers bringing Hackett w him thing? Are they just buddies and he basically runs what he wants anyways? Or it just Rodgers so talented he doesn’t need a OC who capable of scheming offense? It reminds me a little of that clown Peyton manning swore by so after manning left the league he was in high demand, got more than a couple chances he didn’t deserve and was awful!! Ironically enough he was the jets coach at one point! Can’t think of his name at moment but he was terrible and nobody seemed to like him except Peyton! Which again was another situation where his ability to design or call games was irrelevant since Manning ran his offenses!! (Pace was that his name?), Bummer the jets have fallen for this 2 different times! lol

Gase not pace. Adam Gase!! He was Hackett kind of terrible but he was Peyton mannings guy so he kept getting chances and failing horribly!

I don't get the whole Hackett thing. Anyone that watches his offenses knows he is the worst OC in the history of the league yet Rodgers keeps getting him jobs.

Gase and now Hackett and people wonder why this is the worst offense in the league every year.

It’s crazy cause peyton totally vouched for Gase the way rodgers obviously does for can’t hack it. So much so Gase kept getting jobs after manning was out the league. It was never any mystery w Gase, I mean what did he really do when he was Peyton oc other than get his coffee, pick up dry cleaning, shit like that! Manning was the colts oc and play caller.

Rodgers ain’t exactly on mannings level when it comes to that stuff but when you give a guy as talented as him a Wr like adams again it really don’t matter what the OC doing cause end of the day rodgers knew where adams would be and Adams knew the ball would be exactly where he wanted it when he looked up! Can’t hack it didn’t have much of anything to do with that! Certainly can’t blame Zach Wilson, he looks around the league and sees Mcvey, shanny, McDaniel, Reid, eagles coach, the guy who left Philly to coach Indy all designing plays and calling games in a manner that makes the qb and wrs life way freaking easier while watching jets film full of none the formation shifts, motion, route schemes, or any the tricks qualified play callers do to get open receivers and easy reads! Not in Ny, Hackett pulling plays out a hat and hoping his guys do what adams and Rodgers did and change shit on the fly to something that worked!! Lol

NE/Pitt is the lowest total since 1993 when 1-12 Cincy visited 2-11 New England. Final score 7-2 Pats. Parcells had the punt team take a safety near the end of the game to avoid a block/TD.

Total offense for both teams was 389 yards, 2nd year David Klingler vs rookie Drew Bledsoe. Best skill player on either team was probably Ben Coates, who scored the TD.

Gase and now Hackett and people wonder why this is the worst offense in the league every year.
So Sean Payton was right about Hackett after all lol. Jets just won that game because Payton still needed a bit more time to mold his team and get it winning.

So Sean Payton was right about Hackett after all lol. Jets just won that game because Payton still needed a bit more time to mold his team and get it winning.
Who ever said that Payton was wrong. The guy is literally the worst OC I've ever seen and being a Jets fan I've seen nothing but incompetents including Paul Hackett so Nathaniel being the worst is quite the accomplishment.

NE/Pitt is the lowest total since 1993 when 1-12 Cincy visited 2-11 New England. Final score 7-2 Pats. Parcells had the punt team take a safety near the end of the game to avoid a block/TD.

Total offense for both teams was 389 yards, 2nd year David Klingler vs rookie Drew Bledsoe. Best skill player on either team was probably Ben Coates, who scored the TD.
I bet the under early in the week.

Feels very much like how iowa totals set record lows every week and continued to go under without every really threatening the number. We got this on Thursday then Saturday we get one my favorite annual no capping required under plays of the year in the army/navy game! Feels like these were made to be parlayed together! Maybe tease then also? Lol. I dunno how we see them get 4tds here? It would take several turnovers and a special teams play or 2 i think. Has 13-7 written all over it, just more top quality high end football from the nfl!!

Bills/KC is going to be a great one.

A couple thoughts here-

I'm sure consensus will be no way KC loses two in a row. Both teams are 2-3 last 5 games and KC is NOT passing the eye test offensively to me. Now the D is getting banged up and facing a desperate team that is under performing.

Bills off bye and offense is humming. Now they are getting Dawson Knox back, giving them the option to run 12 personnel. Very curious to see if they finally call up Lenny- it just makes sense given the KC blitzes and his ability to pick up blitzes. If they don't I could see KC blitz as a potential problem as Cook is a terrible pass blocker. He does however provide enough out of the backfield to offset that weakness- only a matter of time before he explodes if you ask me.

Defensively they are trash. I think they always come into a game with a strong defensive game plan but over the course of a game they fade. This has a lot to do with the lack of talent (injuries) but also I think VERY much to do with McDermott's terrible in game play calling. That being said, they are coming in as healthy as they are going to get.

KC offense hasn't looked dominant all season and now Pacheco is banged up. They may be looking to just control TOP and keep Allen from getting in rhythm. Mahomes does have the potential of grinding out the clock should they get a lead, but I think the Bills offense is going to keep them in this one.

Line is dropping now seeing -2/-1.5 BEGGING for KC loot

A couple thoughts here-

I'm sure consensus will be no way KC loses two in a row. Both teams are 2-3 last 5 games and KC is NOT passing the eye test offensively to me. Now the D is getting banged up and facing a desperate team that is under performing.

Bills off bye and offense is humming. Now they are getting Dawson Knox back, giving them the option to run 12 personnel. Very curious to see if they finally call up Lenny- it just makes sense given the KC blitzes and his ability to pick up blitzes. If they don't I could see KC blitz as a potential problem as Cook is a terrible pass blocker. He does however provide enough out of the backfield to offset that weakness- only a matter of time before he explodes if you ask me.

Defensively they are trash. I think they always come into a game with a strong defensive game plan but over the course of a game they fade. This has a lot to do with the lack of talent (injuries) but also I think VERY much to do with McDermott's terrible in game play calling. That being said, they are coming in as healthy as they are going to get.

KC offense hasn't looked dominant all season and now Pacheco is banged up. They may be looking to just control TOP and keep Allen from getting in rhythm. Mahomes does have the potential of grinding out the clock should they get a lead, but I think the Bills offense is going to keep them in this one.

The only positive I saw for the kc offense last week is they at least got back to treating Rice as the 1, he got more targets than any other wr and that has to continue for them to have any chance imo, he might make some rookie mistakes but he the only one in that wr room that has the talent to be a 1. Tge weeks they decided to target Justin watson was sone the worst offense I’ve ever seen a Andy Reid team play, dude can’t catch!! Their huge mistake last week was inexplicably targeting MVS a ton the last drive, I dunno how they havnt learned their lesson with that guy, he is very much that player in that redic movie “the replacements” they have to put glue all over his hands for him to catch it! Doesn’t matter if he can get behind the d when you have no ability to catch a football!! Kelce doesn’t have the same fast twitch he used to, that just a fact, he still very good but he isn’t a unicorn any longer. Rice has to continue getting a lot of balls thrown him for that offense to havd a chance, they could rrslky use something out of skyy Moore but all I ever heard been talk, never seen what they talking bout!! It would def be bills or nothing for me with their season on the line. The one thing Brady has done is gotten Allen to check doen to the running backs which is huge for real, I’ll prob look at cook rec props. I actually think bills are gonna find a way until the playoffs so they need this one.

A couple thoughts here-

I'm definitely going to be on Buffalo in this one.

For some reason the line on the Texans/Jets has dropped from 6 to 3.5. I'm guessing its the rainy forecast which could favor a defensive struggle but not sure how anyone could bet on the Jets at this point.

For some reason the line on the Texans/Jets has dropped from 6 to 3.5. I'm guessing its the rainy forecast which could favor a defensive struggle but not sure how anyone could bet on the Jets at this point.

I been saying I think stroud has one his worst games here but yea I still can’t take jets cause wtf houston have to score? 13 and they prob win and maybe cover? Lol

I been saying I think stroud has one his worst games here but yea I still can’t take jets cause wtf houston have to score? 13 and they prob win and maybe cover? Lol

Stroud is definitely still capable of losing games just like any rookie - he takes bad sacks and is missing Tank - his best weapon.

A couple thoughts here-

Chiefs if you removed their name on the jersey and the back of Brittany Mahomes husband's jersey would not be getting lines like this... they don't look very good and their WRs stink. Kelce is emotionally Swifted out and at the very back end of his prime. Allen is a very similar QB to Love with superior weapons. Line makes sense to me and obviously motivation and a bye week...

Plus they should somehow be even worse at running the ball in this game than their season avgs

Edit: reffering to HOU

I think the Jets rally behind Wilson and the Rodgers' comments and get a big W this week!

I also LOVED them against the Raiders - a bet I think wins more times than not, still...

Stroud is definitely still capable of losing games just like any rookie - he takes bad sacks and is missing Tank - his best weapon.

Yes I think Dell being out def part the reason, I think long run they can over come thst but it really hurts this week cause that prob puts Collins having to deal w Sauce, he ain’t winning that matchup many times!

I dunno what Shultz status is? It would be big for houston if he could play. I like that Jordan kid but he obviously not Shultz plus it would give them more versatility to play some sets with one of the te’s lining up in the slot, I’d say they could have a path to some matchup advantages with Shultz and Jordan working middle the field! Of course I hate when I start putting teams ideal game plans together in my head when it something new they havnt shown yet, turns out they often must not see things my way! Still not sure why none these teams ever call me! Lol, It could be they just put Jordan back to a straight backup not seeing many snaps or opportunities and we see the 3 side sets with Collins, brown, woods. I feel like woods best years have come and gone, he still a fantastic blocker for wr and I’m sure he a great guy to have in that young wr room. Not saying he can’t play just that it be way more effective to mix it up between 3 wr and 2wr 2 te sets, not to mention with these 2 Te’s skill sets you can be a lot more versatile w the ability to shift, motion, all the things it appears Hackett isn’t aware you are allowed to do before the snap that greatly improves a offenses chances to find holes in the d!!! Lol,

Anyways that could all be moot if Shultz out? In which case I don’t see houston topping 17 points max, unless the d drives the scoring which obviously possibly going up ageist a qb who doesn’t even wanna go out there!! Never thought I’d say this but I actually don’t blame him. As terrible a pick I claimed Wilson was I do think I’ve seen some glimpses that he might not be a total lost cause but playing in “can’t hack it” offense ain’t gonna do anything positive for his career!! Lol

Yes I think Dell being out def part the reason, I think long run they can over come thst but it really hurts this week cause that prob puts Collins having to deal w Sauce, he ain’t winning that matchup many times!

I dunno what Shultz status is? It would be big for houston if he could play. I like that Jordan kid but he obviously not Shultz plus it would give them more versatility to play some sets with one of the te’s lining up in the slot, I’d say they could have a path to some matchup advantages with Shultz and Jordan working middle the field! Of course I hate when I start putting teams ideal game plans together in my head when it something new they havnt shown yet, turns out they often must not see things my way! Still not sure why none these teams ever call me! Lol, It could be they just put Jordan back to a straight backup not seeing many snaps or opportunities and we see the 3 side sets with Collins, brown, woods. I feel like woods best years have come and gone, he still a fantastic blocker for wr and I’m sure he a great guy to have in that young wr room. Not saying he can’t play just that it be way more effective to mix it up between 3 wr and 2wr 2 te sets, not to mention with these 2 Te’s skill sets you can be a lot more versatile w the ability to shift, motion, all the things it appears Hackett isn’t aware you are allowed to do before the snap that greatly improves a offenses chances to find holes in the d!!! Lol,

Anyways that could all be moot if Shultz out? In which case I don’t see houston topping 17 points max, unless the d drives the scoring which obviously possibly going up ageist a qb who doesn’t even wanna go out there!! Never thought I’d say this but I actually don’t blame him. As terrible a pick I claimed Wilson was I do think I’ve seen some glimpses that he might not be a total lost cause but playing in “can’t hack it” offense ain’t gonna do anything positive for his career!! Lol

I expect the 9ers to go after Wilson to have him as their backup. They won't be able to give Darnold another $4 million to back up. I think under Kyle he would be great if they needed him to step in...

Punt prop is now -180 so I took both teams punt 1st drive+190 & added a Pitt 6 NE square +625. This game has all the makings to be the poster child for TNF.

I saw this headline on Yahoo and was extremely disappointed when the answer was not with a blindfold and a bottle of gin.

Thursday Night Football: How to watch the New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game​

KC have won ten straight off a loss. We all know the shenanigans involved with them covering but no chance in hell I'm betting into a streak like that, don't care if they were playing that undefeated Pats team.

I expect the 9ers to go after Wilson to have him as their backup. They won't be able to give Darnold another $4 million to back up. I think under Kyle he would be great if they needed him to step in...

For a game or 2 maybe but I have my doubts he will ever be able to lead a team. He certainly ain’t learning leadership from his best buddy discount double bitch. Just don’t think he will ever get buy in from a locker room full of men unless he does a great deal of maturing and enough self reflection to understand he comes off as a complete douche bag.

For a game or 2 maybe but I have my doubts he will ever be able to lead a team. He certainly ain’t learning leadership from his best buddy discount double bitch. Just don’t think he will ever get buy in from a locker room full of men unless he does a great deal of maturing and enough self reflection to understand he comes off as a complete douche bag.
The Jets have done to Wilson what they did to Darnold, Geno Smith, and Sanchez before that and really every QB they've drafted over the last 20 plus years. They have given all of them unbelievably bad coaching and little to no talent around them. After these QBs inevitably fail we hear how they picked the wrong guy and how its the QBs fault when in reality they are all set up to fail by an inept organization.

Eventually betting these low unders was going to catch up to me. Its been a great strategy even if the game last night went over.

Oh yes that’s all we would hopefully ever need him for…. I think Kyle was hoping for him some how at 3 that year or could move up one more spot to get him at 2. Him or MAC will be the backup next year.

Back