Week 12 Discussion Thread

Hasn't Detroit's secondary been a bit banged up? Maybe Jordan Love can build off what he did last week

I think with the talent his has around him and the coaching at Cincinnati he can be Trent Dilfer like. He doesn’t have to be great. Just has to know what he’s seeing and get the ball out. He has enough of a running not to have to pass 30+ a game.
When it comes to Burrow, he’s never coming out of a game unless he’s fully not capable. We’ll see the worth of the Bengals coaching staff with having more preparation with him.

As a big pre-season fan I am not a Browning guy. I'd be shocked if he comes out playing well and this team isn't built with elite enough defense/run game to have a game manager at QB. Trent Dilfer on this team wouldn't win 5 games. I could definitely be wrong, though! We'll see what they can do vs. an inept Pitt offense but great defense this week.

Hasn't Detroit's secondary been a bit banged up? Maybe Jordan Love can build off what he did last week

I believe so. But it feels like Detroit looks this match up. Knocked them out of the playoffs last year and were up 27-3 at half earlier this year before garbage time.

Feels like a 7 point teaser of Detroit to win and under 50 in the prime time SF game is the captain obvious here, but talk me down if I’m smoking something.

I'd be more concerned about Detroit if they weren't awful against Chicago. They will be up for Green Bay in this spot where for once they aren't the turkeys for thanksgiving.

Recurring reminder of how bad Dallas is ATS on Thanksgiving. 1-11 in its last 12. Certainly playing well right now against pansy teams but the annual Turkey Days at home are hard to ignore.

Last edited:
And what the fuck was that Detroit? At this point just hoping to win A playoff game
I haven’t said this very much because I’ve been a huge fan of Dan Campbell but that loss was entirely on the Lions coaching staff. Mistake after mistake. The Lions were not ready to play yesterday. And all of this is true even if the fake punt never happens. By the way that fake punt may have been the single worst coaching decision of the season thus far.

I haven’t said this very much because I’ve been a huge fan of Dan Campbell but that loss was entirely on the Lions coaching staff. Mistake after mistake. The Lions were not ready to play yesterday. And all of this is true even if the fake punt never happens. By the way that fake punt may have been the single worst coaching decision of the season thus far.
Yeah that fake was awful.

Any one playing the Jags/Texans total?

I feel like Jax can hit 24+ 17 in the first game but undone by turnovers in Texans territory -- could definitely have had more than 17, also took them time to find the Engram, Kirk connection. Maybe Trevor's heating up now? Then Stroud another good QB vs Jax pass defense, put up 37 in the first game. If it's something like 30-24, then "over" hits

Any one playing the Jags/Texans total?

I feel like Jax can hit 24+ 17 in the first game but undone by turnovers in Texans territory -- could definitely have had more than 17, also took them time to find the Engram, Kirk connection. Maybe Trevor's heating up now? Then Stroud another good QB vs Jax pass defense, put up 37 in the first game. If it's something like 30-24, then "over" hits
Agreed

Said it before but I think the Jags go on a run. Texans get Pierce back but who knows how many touches. Not saying Trevor is great but look at the (lack of) qb talent Houston has faced. Houston's D hasn't stopped many teams & Jags are coming into form offensively. I don't like betting against hot teams at home but I think this is a spot where Jax offense can really explode

Said it before but I think the Jags go on a run. Texans get Pierce back but who knows how many touches. Not saying Trevor is great but look at the (lack of) qb talent Houston has faced. Houston's D hasn't stopped many teams & Jags are coming into form offensively. I don't like betting against hot teams at home but I think this is a spot where Jax offense can really explode
Different approach for me but along the same lines

I think we'll see the Houston defense start falling flat. They aren't deep and they've over performed. I'm fine paying to see it somehow hold together down the stretch. Team totals against are in play for me until the end of the season

Different approach for me but along the same lines

I think we'll see the Houston defense start falling flat. They aren't deep and they've over performed. I'm fine paying to see it somehow hold together down the stretch. Team totals against are in play for me until the end of the season
It’s already absurd that the Jags only scored 17 in the first meeting…ridiculous red zone turnovers.
Jags won‘t be intimidated by road atmosphere — their road resume is pretty respectable.

I do think Texans seem to be more comfortable in a shootout-type affair, but you guys are really making me want to play the over! Already leaning that way

It’s already absurd that the Jags only scored 17 in the first meeting…ridiculous red zone turnovers.
Jags won‘t be intimidated by road atmosphere — their road resume is pretty respectable.

I do think Texans seem to be more comfortable in a shootout-type affair, but you guys are really making me want to play the over! Already leaning that way
Jags tt over is my biggest play today and I'm not looking back

If it hits 24 flat, I'll roll with ya'.

Don't like that 24.5...
For some reason the Jags are favored...on the road...against a team that beat them by 20 on their turn and is sizzling hot. Very odd line. But that's why the TT isn't 23.5.

Titans game to me looks like one where Henry puts up stupid numbers & the Titans roll. Panthers run D is trashtastic and every decent rb they faced has ran well & scored. 2 rushing tds allowed in all but 2 games.

Bengals probably the right side in a game that I could see staying under 26 combined pts. New oc for Pitt maybe Warren goes off but Pickett as a road fave is LOL funny. Cincy gonna pound the run maybe run some misdirections with Chase what a bore this one will be

Bengals probably the right side in a game that I could see staying under 26 combined pts. New oc for Pitt maybe Warren goes off but Pickett as a road fave is LOL funny. Cincy gonna pound the run maybe run some misdirections with Chase what a bore this one will be

Agree with both sides there. Gonna be rainy and cold too...

Titans game to me looks like one where Henry puts up stupid numbers & the Titans roll. Panthers run D is trashtastic and every decent rb they faced has ran well & scored. 2 rushing tds allowed in all but 2 games.
Tits pass D is pretty trashtastic, too, though. I think over imo

For me hooks are a thing at 3 and 7. After that they become meaningless. Of course some will lose by the hook but 24-25 is not something I care about at all. It's a scare tactic imo
To take it a step further, when was the last time you thought a team would score 24 and they actually scored 24? If the answer is never, join me in that club. I guess somewhere there is a bet to score 24 on the nose and it likely pays handsomely. I just can't get into that game.

Are people out there betting the Jags? Just can't get over that they're favored at Houston and that the line went up to -2. Now -1 at BOL. Same kind of puzzlement about Pats altho I actually like the Pats a lot matchup-wise

Are people out there betting the Jags? Just can't get over that they're favored at Houston and that the line went up to -2. Now -1 at BOL. Same kind of puzzlement about Pats altho I actually like the Pats a lot matchup-wise
Pats number to me looks like they are BEGGING you to play NYG. I don't have the stomach for that but I have them in some longshot parlays & won't back either team for a normal sized wager the rest of the season.

I see Jags as the play EVERYWHERE. I like them as stated but still haven't submitted because it looks like everyone is on them today.

What an awful card with the 9ers and Cowboys not playing. And Burrow done for the year.
This is a ridiculous thing to say imo..you have some intense divisional matchups, Browns/Broncos especially if you like defense should be solid, Bills/Eagles can be very good, Ravens/Chargers also good. We can do without 49ers and Cowboys.

NFL betting history can be made on "Monday Night Football" if the Minnesota Vikings can cover as 3-point favorites against the Chicago Bears. Favorites have covered the spread in 12 of 15 games in Week 12, tying the record for most in a single week (Week 12 of 2017) in the Super Bowl era. According to ESPN Stats & Information, there has never been a week in the Super Bowl era in which favorites covered the spread in 13 games.

• Wow
Reactions: KJ
NFL betting history can be made on "Monday Night Football" if the Minnesota Vikings can cover as 3-point favorites against the Chicago Bears. Favorites have covered the spread in 12 of 15 games in Week 12, tying the record for most in a single week (Week 12 of 2017) in the Super Bowl era. According to ESPN Stats & Information, there has never been a week in the Super Bowl era in which favorites covered the spread in 13 games.

Sounds like a call from Vegas will be due the NFL offices this week

Back