Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 20 Wed 2022

Rox+105. They just keep winning games, Phillies keep losing them (1-7 last 10!). Like I said yesterday I don’t think there much reason to even dive any deeper, especially at home give me rox w the plus money as they continue playing way above their market value! Might be wise to wait a bit and see where line goes since it been moving Phillies way since open!!

Braves +122. Looking at Braves lineup it hard to figure how they under .500. They got guys mashing homers all throughout, Olson hasn’t joined that party but he getting on base over half the freaking times he steps into batters box! Clearly gotta be the pitching, maybe Fried masterpiece will help set the tone for some better pitching, they obviously have capable guys. Don’t see any underlying problems with Morton, velo bout normal, he missing barrels. On the other hand Gonsilin not eating innings and really not doing things that support his sub 2 era, he has been inducing weak contact but walking more than 5 per 9 and only striking out 6.5 per 9 is a recipe for disaster, this could be the spot as Braves hitters clearly making good contact. Honestly think this line should be flipped. Only thing I don’t like is Morton has historically not been great in day games. I didn’t check ump but long as he not a crazy under guy think over 8.5 a solid play here as well.

Last edited:
Anyone been watching Woodruff and have a explanation for why the hell he not striking anyone out? He inducing weak contact but to see him w 4k’s and 4 walks in 8.1 innings pitched is insane (super small sample I know). Another guy who simply needed more time in spring to ramp up perhaps? For 2 starts that looks a lot more like the last few starts of spring than beginning the season (which it should be), in that case spring should now be over and we see the real woodruff very soon, Or is there something more?

Anyone been watching Woodruff and have a explanation for why the hell he not striking anyone out? He inducing weak contact but to see him w 4k’s and 4 walks in 8.1 innings pitched is insane (super small sample I know). Another guy who simply needed more time in spring to ramp up perhaps? For 2 starts that looks a lot more like the last few starts of spring than beginning the season (which it should be), in that case spring should now be over and we see the real woodruff very soon, Or is there something more?

Here the deal. If the real woodruff bout to stand up this a 1st 5 under all day vs pirates imo, if not I think there a ton of value in this price (especially 1st 5) as I think Keller surface numbers masking a guy who I think could dominate this brewers lineup. Keller talent is undeniable imo, unfortunately for him the pirates don’t have a very good history of developing young pitching, more a history of trading it somewhere else to thrive! Maybe he should get himself traded then he could turn into a ace! Lol. Anyways back to this game, it true brewers been scoring more of late but if you look closer they have basically hung one good inning in these games, they still not consistently hitting for shit as I doubt this lineup ever will. Everything bout Keller other than the results thus far screams to me he getting better, his hard hit rate way down, velo way up, he missing more bats, the results gonna come and this a great spot for it to happen.

Think that concludes my day action other than deciding what I’m ultimately gonna do with pirates game once FF’s come out. Im taking a nap now so I can focus on nba without fading out at my computer! Lol

Pirates Ff +.5 +140. Like getting the half run at this price in what I think could easily be tied at 0 or 1 after 5th.

Anyone thinking of playing teams in the day games, despite whos' on the mound? Home teams already won the series, so perhaps a "Get Away" game type scenario?

Pirates +210
Phillies -110
Reds +170
Orioles +110

Looks like Woodruff out of spring training mode now, lol, fucker. 1 solo shot away from cashing pirates along w Ff under. 1-0 coulda easily been 0-0 as Keller was as good as I advertised! Lol

Back