US open

Saw Muchova last night at +180 and got down to +150 over night. Coco taking $ now and back up to +178

Muchova all day for me. Coco's played 4 doubles matches now (or will have, by the time of the match - got one later today), and she was not impressive vs. the Fat Lat. I think her workload in the recent month is going to take it's mental toll deep into a 3rd (if it gets that far).

Muchova all day for me. Coco's played 4 doubles matches now (or will have, by the time of the match - got one later today), and she was not impressive vs. the Fat Lat. I think her workload in the recent month is going to take it's mental toll deep into a 3rd (if it gets that far).
I want to fade both of them

If Keys doesn't beat Sabalenka, Muchova is the only one imo who has the capacity to deny her the title. A fresh Coco might have the chops to upset her, but not the fool who chose to play doubles as well (I could always be proven wrong, highly doubt it).

Last edited:
If Keys doesn't beat Sabalenka, Muchova is the only one imo who has the capacity to deny her the title. A fresh Coco might have the chops to upset her, but not the fool who chose to play doubles as well (I could always be proven wrong, highly doubt it). As soon as Vondrousova beat Stearns, she dropped out of her doubles match with partner Strycova and forfeited. That's what you do if you're serious about singles.
I really can't understand Coco or Pegula. They legitimately ruin their chances in every major.

I really can't understand Coco or Pegula. They legitimately ruin their chances in every major.
I can only assume they want the easy money because its there to be had. For Coco that's semi-understandable, but Pegula? Probably in her case she doesn't believe she can win a singles title, so just wants any Slam title full stop.

Last edited:
There was just a commercial pimping the official sunscreen of the US Open

Wonder how much that title costs

That was strycova last match. Off to full retirement. Wonder if that, plus the injury, has vondy checked out.
That news will surely only lead to Keys' line dropping. The Czech is good enough to win a set even with a niggle, but as long as Keys maintains her level it's hard to believe she won't get through. I'd have fancied her even if the elbow wasn't an issue, just in a much tighter affair. Marketa doesn't strike me as a US Open winner. Her two Slam finals have come on the two non-hardcourt Slams, she hasn't won a WTA 1000 hardcourt title, she's past the 4R of a hardcourt Slam for the first time in 11 Slam appearances, and it's at the one Slam which all players shoulder a yearly workload on the back of. She won Wimbledon, has been playing doubles here, so her workload accumulation is more than most.

Rublev looks dead... may be time to play breaks and 6-1/2 (currently 1-1 15-0 med serving)

This could be a "I'll collect my paycheck and put in a bit of a showing, but goodnight New York it was nice knowing ya" performance.

This second service game of hers should be telling.

Need Vondrousova to win a game just to make the Keys wager affordable. She's playing like she's got dead arm, can't see her competing for much longer

Pretty sure DK has a newish policy that if someone retires after a set they will pay the winner and refund wagers on the one that retires so it's essentially risk free if that happens

...yet Keys is not playing great herself. She's off two peak efforts, that's not a surprise. Keys should win, but how. She could lose the 2nd yet with her average play. Too many UE from her to lay any large number relative to this specific set.

...yet Keys is not playing great herself. SHe's off two peak efforts, that's not a surprise. Keys should win, but how. She could lose this set yet with her average play. Too many UE from her to lay any large number relative to this specific set.
Was able to get the first set at -275 which was certainly manageable, not even sure I want to bet this shit show now

Vondy still looks disinterested, but her class and muscle memory are kicking in, and that's enough to see off Keys dip in form at the mo.

Back