US open

30-0 up in the potential match winning game, and Coco DF, and from there loses the game.

That's the play of the future US Open champ?

Yeah, she's done.

Sabby wins this pretty easily.

The Live # at 5-4 told me the winner.
I won't give up on her yet, but where that dip came from I have no idea. Presumably the Sloane Stephens demons suddenly reared their head in her mind given the finishing line was upon her.

The fact she's serving 1st is important for her mentality recovering. Any break she threatens can either extend her lead or peg a deficit straight back. But she's obv. got to hold the 1st game.

Belarusian still making too many UE to be trusted to keep traveling downhill at the speed she did at the end of the 2nd set.

Joker be +150/+170 range imo, depending on how much the Russian takes out of him in their SF. Actually think the Russian poses a bigger threat to him claiming the title. He could overlook him for the Joker. That dude was freaky good against Rublev in conditions he clearly had issues with. But I'm not ATP expert. Take with a grain of salt.

Wow that's shocking to me considering 2 weeks ago Joker was a -150 fav in Cinci.

Wow that's shocking to me considering 2 weeks ago Joker was a -150 fav in Cinci.
It's all predicated on how he goes against the Russian imo. Forced to a 5th set/4+ hour match., will be lower than I project. Cleans the Russian up in straights, no way he won't be a decent fave. The Russian is the benchmark because of what he did here 2 years ago. Needless to say, non-Slams are different, people know motivations can wax & wane for those events. Here there's no question of not seeing a player's best.

Last edited:
Into the 3rd set and not a single Joker comment? No surprise, totally forgettable SF, unlike the rugby world cup opener.

Just seemed like a foregone conclusion that he would win...

Almost pulled the gun on him -120 live to win it. Now it's -140 and OTB. If Carlos gets knocked off I'll be pissed.

Since Alcaraz came of age, Medvedev hasn't even taken more than 3 games in a set off him. 3-0 would hardly be shocking, but 6-3 or less over all 3 sets would be, at least per my expectations. Russian on this court must have some sort of connection/belief. If he can't at minimum force a lottery tiebreaker after his Rublev showing, it'll be a poor night's work.

That was an idiot decision for such an important point. Low percentage return from the baseline, flight was far too flat because he knew he had to make it such a fine cut to beat Medved with it. Horrible shot selection.

I couldn't back against Medv until Carlos at least has a set under his belt. I gave the Russian a shot beforehand, he's doing nothing less than he's capable of.

I bet Medv o20.5 games. Carlos is paying much less to win the 3rd, which I'll need to cash for over to hit, it's essentially the same bet at better odds. Carlos can also win in 5, doesn't bother this bet. The guy's ego won't let him quit, and the Russian will surely have a dip if/when he goes up 2-0 (maybe not).

I bet Medv o20.5 games. Carlos is paying much less to win the 3rd, which I'll need to cash for over to hit, it's essentially the same bet at better odds. Carlos can also win in 5, doesn't bother this bet. The guy's ego won't let him quit, and the Russian will surely have a dip if/when he goes up 2-0 (maybe not).
Interesting bet. You’re essentially betting Carlos wins the next set right?

Back