US Open Thread

thing with heat stroke, you gotta gradually change body temperature to avoid shock

If that's what she's dealing with, this could get ugly really quickly

Commentators: shouldn't Makarova get a benefit from being in good shape?

Absolutely right, this is ridiculous. Either Bouchard gets told to get back out on court, or forfeit.

She took a Medical TImeout. Not like this is the first time ever

She wasn't injured. It was a conditioning issue. Makarova is playing under the same conditions, is she free to call for a conditioning time out the moment she's under the gun at any future point in this match? She's earnt the right to one from my pov.

She wasn't injured. It was a conditioning issue. Makarova is playing under the same conditions, is she free to call for a conditioning time out the moment she's under the gun at any future point in this match? She's earnt the right to one from my pov.

Of course she is. This happens all the time. Djokovic when he was young was known for faking injuries and taking a medical timeout. But as you say its a conditioning issue, its still not the first time players call a MTO for it and definitely won't be the last.

Genie needs to get leaner, lose the Peter Griffin underchin

Seems too muscular for these conditions

he went heavy on Makarova.

Think a lot of us here saw it coming with Bouchard's performance. Might see the same thing again with Kei vs Milos both Canadians out today

what was the play brother?
ya, I loaded up on Makarova with the side and with -1.5 (+200). HEAVY lean on Nishikori tonight. GLB and I were chatting about this match the other day. Nishi is in really good form right now and Milos has been struggling a bit.

I am on Nishi but cheering for Milos :rofl:

I said earlier this to me is a MUST WIN for Milos in order to make London. He wins this and hes got a very very good chance, he loses this match and he will need things to fall into place

Stan went flying into the first row seats. Looks a bit ginger. Something to look at with live betting if he continues to look hobbled. Starts with an ace to begin his next service game.

Krunic giving Azarenka all she can handle. small play on the over 18.5 for me.

Ended up putting 6 units on Nishi @ EV.

Back