United States Open @ Winged Foot Discussion

Seems like more than ever driving it in play will be critical.

I wouldn't think a guy like Bryson would do well but he hit it so close to greens he was gouging out with wedges at the PGA.

Hard to go against a guy like DJ and Rahm. I'm interested in what Berger does this week.

One guy who doesn't interest me at all is Spieth.

Todd -110 vs Spieth: can’t believe the line movement here. I’ll take Todd who is a fairways/greens/ putting machine vs Jordan who still seems to be struggling... shocked this line has moved -20 in the opposite direction

Tournament match up btw...

More to come

Seems like more than ever driving it in play will be critical.

I wouldn't think a guy like Bryson would do well but he hit it so close to greens he was gouging out with wedges at the PGA.

Hard to go against a guy like DJ and Rahm. I'm interested in what Berger does this week.

One guy who doesn't interest me at all is Spieth.
Spieth should never be of interest except for one tournament in Texas.

Bryson will do well to make the cut this week. IMO.

Todd -110 vs Spieth: can’t believe the line movement here. I’ll take Todd who is a fairways/greens/ putting machine vs Jordan who still seems to be struggling... shocked this line has moved -20 in the opposite direction

Tournament match up btw...

More to come
Holy shit.

GREAT bet.

Todd is short but he'll make his way around per usual.

I’m very tempted to take Bryson to miss the cut at +225... Spieth at -110 is enticing too

Berger +100 vs Dechambeau: I just can’t see how grip it and rip it works this week. Berger has been playing very well for an extended period of time. Hopefully it continues this week.

Again tournament match up play with Berger

Go back and look at the board in 06, was a lot y of short ball strikers. Had guys like Slocum, weir, Montgomerie, furyk near the top. Have to think someone like Webb, Xander will do well. Wouldnt be surprised to see Kisner top 25.

Go back and look at the board in 06, was a lot y of short ball strikers. Had guys like Slocum, weir, Montgomerie, furyk near the top. Have to think someone like Webb, Xander will do well. Wouldnt be surprised to see Kisner top 25.
Yup...

Gonna keep an eye on Stenson too

I think a lot of the Euros want to play well here because their Open was cancelled.

Just got a Euro Feeling to me

All aboard teh Speith fade train here.......had no idea where the ball was going at Safeway....he'll prolly shove it my ass

Can't see anyone other than DJ, Rahm or X winning this thing

@ProV1Colt what’s the thought process on Pieters? I have him matched up with Leishman... which is almost an auto fade for me... steep price though at -165

@ProV1Colt what’s the thought process on Pieters? I have him matched up with Leishman... which is almost an auto fade for me... steep price though at -165
A few more stats driving and putting he is Top 20-30ish.
Seems to be striking it good.
I get more on the PC instead of my phone when I post

Pieters has played well in the US previously... I’ll fade Leishman with him... thanks for pointing him out...

Pieters -165 vs Leishman tournament match up

Looking forward to seeing how Hojgaard does this week. 19 year old that has been doing very well on the Euro PGA...

Tomorrow morning can’t come fast enough LFG!

Another one that stood out in the stats was of course Kaymer but Thomas Detry Is standing out but not to sure on him

JT +1200
Xander + 1200
Webb +2200
Berger +3500
Cantlay +3000
Fleetwood +3000
Matty Fitz +4000
Kisner +7500
Niemann +10,000

Todd -120 vs Spieth

Actually like a lot of props but gonna leave it alone.

Golf has been fine with no fans but no NY crowd this week does kinda suck

Quick thoughts...

Do think JT wins one of these last two.

X is due.

Love this course and hope they keep it tough.

Will add a few more as week progresses.

Adding: tournament match up

Todd -125 vs Phil: I normally don’t double up against someone, but I just can’t imagine Phil keeping his mental shit together to play well in this event. If I’m wrong then so be it. I’m committed to the Spieth fade, I’m committing to this one as well.

Adding: tournament match up

Todd -125 vs Phil: I normally don’t double up against someone, but I just can’t imagine Phil keeping his mental shit together to play well in this event. If I’m wrong then so be it. I’m committed to the Spieth fade, I’m committing to this one as well.

Good play, might add before I go to bed.

The thing with Phil going back here...obviously he doesn't have the game for a US Open setup anymore and I am sure there are some haunting memories as well. This wasn't just his best chance at an Open...many will forget that he was going for his THIRD straight major win (05 PGA and 06 Masters). With how he was playing that season, he was going to that next level (Tiger had been dealing with Earl's death but would win at The Open a month later). There was so much that changed due to that Sunday, imo.

He has been reminded about it for 15 years now. To this day my golf group still references a safe tee shot as "this is what Phil should have done at Winged Foot". Makes a joke of it in the Calaway commercial for this event. He is cocky enough to think he can pull it off. I think he will unravel it is just a matter of time. I like Phil but this has to be a course that haunts him...

3 more hours LFG... Feel like a kid the night before Christmas... best of luck and enjoy the tournament guys

Golf course closed with all the rain today. No work for me. Golf all day. Let's go. Really missed the Open Championship this year. But this early coverage US Open takes some of the sting away.

Speith returning to second tee.......love it!

I remember when Spieth had the ultimate heater and made every putt for 18 months, i said that JT would be a better player and have a better career. Although, I think I am half right, i still believe JT ends with more majors. Spieth just doesnt have the skill set that a lot of the top golfers have. He's not great at one thing in my opinion.

How did he lose the ball? In the tree? I didnt think there was much water on the course if any.

They think it was in a tree, but weren't 100% sure.......possible that it took hard bounce that nobody saw and was lost in rough....tougher with no fans and limited volunteers watching shots not in fairway

They think it was in a tree, but weren't 100% sure.......possible that it took hard bounce that nobody saw and was lost in rough....tougher with no fans and limited volunteers watching shots not in fairway

Makes sense. Was reading online about the concern of lost balls and long rounds as the rough is high. I think they need more volunteers for sure.

Back