United States Open @ Winged Foot Discussion

I haven't seen it in slo-mo, but does Rahm take it back past his waist?
Pure violence at the ball.

Berger clearly my biggest disappointment day one. Bryson is my biggest surprise. Luckily they are matched together... I will not fall for the powers that be saying a golf course is going to eat these guys alive. Smashed the low score bet as bar mentioned...

Top Ball Strikers through Round 1:

1. Viktor Hovland (+1)
  2. Will Zalatoris (E)
  3. Thomas Pieters (-4)
  4. Patrick Reed (-4)
  5. Rickie Fowler (-1)
  6. Lee Westwood (-3)
  7. Romain Langasque (+1)
  8. Michael Thompson (E)
  9. Justin Thomas (-5)
  10. Cameron Champ (+3)

WF members etc very upset with the scoring.

I just watched a 7min highlight package... incredible shot making day.

I bet things are tough tomorrow.

Really excited to see what Davis Riley does here also. Has all the tools to be great. Already won twice on the Korn Ferry

Brutal day for Davis. Still think he is going to be a top 10 to 20 or so guy on the tour at some point. A lot of fun names in the field.

Go back and look at the board in 06, was a lot y of short ball strikers. Had guys like Slocum, weir, Montgomerie, furyk near the top. Have to think someone like Webb, Xander will do well. Wouldnt be surprised to see Kisner top 25.

Should know better than reccomending Kis for a major. Some success during his career, but not much.

Berger clearly my biggest disappointment day one. Bryson is my biggest surprise. Luckily they are matched together... I will not fall for the powers that be saying a golf course is going to eat these guys alive. Smashed the low score bet as bar mentioned...
Here comes Berger...

PGA website was so slow with score updates yesterday I started following on Flashscore. Well come to find out they were reporting a higher number for Berger than it actually was. I will not make the mistake of trusting their scoring again...

PGA website was so slow with score updates yesterday I started following on Flashscore. Well come to find out they were reporting a higher number for Berger than it actually was. I will not make the mistake of trusting their scoring again...
check the us open site, they actually have live scoring, just click on the players name, it's updating pretty quick as well. I saw a shot and turned around and within 30 seconds, it showed up on their site.

The US Open site is usually pretty good, but today their shot tracker is 30 yards right of where it's supposed to be, so everybody is in the woods.

Pretty remarkable way for me to push my Luis O matchup today vs ZJohnson. Bogey, Bogey, Double Bogey to finish for Luis. What a bastard

Will be a roller coaster. Problem for him, is there is likely more opportunities for doubles and bogeys and than birdies.

This one was a bit easier to predict. Spieth's game isn't sharp enough to fake it around here. He admitted as much after the round.

The Bryson semi fade in my initial post looks wrong. I did prefice it with saying hes going to bomb it down as far as possible and just gouge it out of the rough which definitely helps.

Really disappointed with Rory. This was shaping up for him to walk away with it and hes collapsing.

Bryson no doubt will lead after today.

This is brutal. No one in afternoon gonna break 70

Feels like the morning was a bit easier, Pieters and Wolff seemed to waste a lot of shots. They are going be right in it going into the weekend even with that.

For the golf nerds out there, go back and read some of the stories about Reed's time at UGA (not pretty) when he was teammates with English. He then went to Augusta St and beat Harris and UGA to win the title.

In 2011, the team title came down to the final match between English and Augusta State’s Patrick Reed, where Reed prevailed on the 17th hole.

I guess it could be worse. I wonder how that bettor feels that dropped 45k on Phil....

It’s been a solid gambling event so far:

2-1 on miss the cut wagers
3-0 tournament match ups with Bryson vs Berger pending still

Helps make up for my abysmal football wagers!

Looking to add a single round match up or two for the weekend.

Thanks again ProV1Colt for the Pieters push...

Pieters.......
I guess it could be worse. I wonder how that bettor feels that dropped 45k on Phil....

It’s been a solid gambling event so far:

2-1 on miss the cut wagers
3-0 tournament match ups with Bryson vs Berger pending still

Helps make up for my abysmal football wagers!

Looking to add a single round match up or two for the weekend.

Thanks again ProV1Colt for the Pieters push...
today was rough but hopefully he plays well on the weekend

Top Ball Strikers through Round 2:

1. Bubba Watson
  2. Viktor Hovland
  3. Will Zalatoris
  4. Thomas Pieters
  5. Bryson DeChambeau
  6. Rickie Fowler
  7. Sungjae Im
  8. Tony Finau
  9. Hideki Matsuyama
  10. Jon Rahm

Rahm at 12-1 to win and Bubba at 8-1 to finish T5 look enticing to me. Good luck boys - lots of golf left to play!

Last edited:
Back