Tuesday play(s)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Early one so far:

Bulls/Lakers O202 (1.95) 5 units

The Bulls have a nice retaliation spot here so I may add them later on, still thinking it over but that's not important right now. LA beat Chicago 106-78 last month, the Bulls will be going for big numbers tonight. They have reached triple digits 3 times in the first 19 games, and 3 times in last 3 games, with 2 wins, losing only to Indiana.
Now why on Earth would they go and slow this one down? The Bulls are 6-3 in last 9 games and only 5 games below .500 right now. The Lakers have been the over machine this year. They have reached the century mark in last 6 games, winning 5 of them. The ONLY game where they did not hit a 100 and won was against Houston (93:90).

Other 5 games below 100, they lost all 5 of them, plus the one they had a clean 100 in. So it's easy: they score, they win. They fall into shooting funks, they fail to win. The positive thing is, Bryant isn't forcing shots any more, the Lakers have a healthy, all round production from everyone, including the bench. Bulls' scoring has been on a clear uptrend as well. And they don't even have to score 120+ for this total to hit, a solid 105-110 would be great. I doubt the Lakers can't do the same or stay within DD at least. Compared to last year, I would rate Bulls' perimeter D weaker, as they don't seem to guard the ball well when a team spreads it around, a lot of open shots in Bulls games, and the Lakers are much more potent offensively. Bryant scored 32 against "the other LA team", so I'd expect another team performance by the Lakers now, with Kobe scoring 25-30 but with 5-6 others in double digits as well.

I am reluctant to play the Bulls solely on the revenge factor thing, I need more. And with the way these Lakers have been playing...I don't think I can fade them, even though the Bulls clearly need this one more. I'll think about it later on, so far pulling the trigger on this play.

Other (early) leans:

Sacramento +4,5.

Good luck. :cheers:

Like the Queens as well, no real thoughts on the total in United Center.

GL Satyr.

Sunssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :smiley_acbe:

Thanks Rod. Congrats on the win last night. :cheers:

We'll be waiting for ya in the playoffs...

With Tony. ;)

Read in NY Post Vince tweaked his already sore ankle and is a game time decision. Some other chances in Nets line up which might help them Josh Boone and Sean Williams will be starting. In the Bulls game the line has moved down .5 a point even though 73% of the public is on the Lakers making this a classic Lunchbox unpopular favorite play. I will have at least a little on the
bulls. GL

Tuck that's very valuable info I'll check it out now and possibly add a play. I agree if I were to play a side here it would be the Bulls. Can't understand why people are expecting the Lakers to be road favs here...

What's your take on the total?

If I'm not mistaking, the under is 8-0 in last 8 meetings. I'm going against the grain here but I like it. Seen both teams in action lately and this trend should end tonight if you ask me.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I reread your post Tuck and...you're not considering the Nets here are you? You did say "changes which might help them". But you are the author of the "Nets died" thread so fading them is on your mind I'd assume. ;)

In all cases, I had a lean with the Queens and will now add the play, I think they hang in this one.

adding:

Kings +4 (2.00) 5 units

The Kings have reversed their habits lately. With Kevin Martin in the lineup they used to cover at home and get torched on the road, but lately they have been competing on the road. The Kings are not as bad as some would assume, despite huge injury woes they're 9-14 this season.

What I like here are the facts that the Nets don't seem to be a cohesive unit lately, some would think why not fading Sacto on the road at this short number but in all honesty the Nets can't be trusted at all, no number is too small with them right now. One night they show up (against Cleveland) but take the whole week off. I can't comment on allegations that Kidd wants to be traded, but the fact remains, they're not playing well right now. Also, Kings' small ball won't be exploited tonight, as NJ doesn't have big men who can score and torture them down low. I expect a game in which the Kings can compete until the dying minutes.
To add to an already solid play, as Tuck said, Vince Carter has been declared a game time decision, possibly won't play. I can see Sacramento winning this one straight up, so taking the points sounds great.

(I may add a play later on, but it is very likely that this is it for tonight).

im also on the kings, got them at +5

possible line up change for the nets,

December 18, 2007 -- When the Nets take the court tonight against Sacramento, they'll have a different look - and no, it's not because they traded Jason Kidd. Lawrence Frank finally pulled the trigger on his latest lineup switch, benching unproductive big men Jason Collins and Malik Allen for athletic, energetic youngsters Josh Boone and Sean Williams.
"We're searching for different combinations. I don't really think it's a slight on (Collins) or Malik or Jamaal (Magloire). We're just trying to see if these guys can bring a different dynamic," Frank said. "Hopefully you have some athleticism, shot blocking. Offensively in getting two bigs who run the floor maybe try and get some easier baskets."

i dunno if this makes them better or worse, thought on this?

mikki moore should have something to prove tomorrow, w/the nets not giving him his money

let's get this bro :cheers:

On the same side... let's do it !!

Last 8 meetings scare me, but i don't make bets regarding the past.

Best example : Nuggets @ Mavs, few days ago... everybody on the UNDER, and game turned OVER (Mavs have OVER reaction after a loss).

Let's keep confidence, even if past stats are against us !!

Lakers are travelling east (but had a days rest at least), and Bulls had two days to prepare.

Still I think that the Lakers are a better team, and that they will show up.

The Bulls recent wins haven't been too impressive, apart from against Detroit, but we all know that the Pistons take a day off sometimes.

So I would take the points with Lakers.

Back