• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2024 Off-Season Thread...

Interesting, read today that LeBron with the new contract will earn in his 40-41 years of age more than Jordan his entire career!

Interesting, read today that LeBron with the new contract will earn in his 40-41 years of age more than Jordan his entire career!
LeBron opted out..

Then said he'd take less if they made the "right" moves.

Now signs for the max, just over one part of the cap.

Cue the complaining in January that he needs help.

LeBron opted out..

Then said he'd take less if they made the "right" moves.

Now signs for the max, just over one part of the cap.

Cue the complaining in January that he needs help.
I understand it's on Pelinka that couldn't sign anyone. Bron wanted Derozen or Thompson, we will see. He did sign one mill below the max ;)

I understand it's on Pelinka that couldn't sign anyone. Bron wanted Derozen or Thompson, we will see. He did sign one mill below the max ;)

Kobe has to be rolling over in his grave looking at what's happening to this once proud franchise.

Kobe has to be rolling over in his grave looking at what's happening to this once proud franchise.
This whole Bronny thing is the biggest laugher. 4 yr, $8M. Last year 55th pick was ACC POY and led Miami deep in tourney and got 2 way worth $550K. Bronny gonna bring a media microscope to the team for all wrong reasons. Lakers going absolutely nowhere. OKC made awesome moves with Caruso and Hartenstein.
My dad coached me in youth bb rec leagues and I hated it. I'll never understand kids who want to play for their dads vs. making it on their own. And vice versa I'll never understand parents who don't make their kids prove themselves outside, at least a little. Bronny should have gone back to school for at least 1 year maybe more, like his current coach did. But it'll be fun seeing the bs Pelinka and JJ continue to spew about Bronny. Gonna take a negative toll on all the players. Lakers total joke and will be for next 3-4 years - Lebron just getting older.

This whole Bronny thing is the biggest laugher. 4 yr, $8M. Last year 55th pick was ACC POY and led Miami deep in tourney and got 2 way worth $550K. Bronny gonna bring a media microscope to the team for all wrong reasons. Lakers going absolutely nowhere. OKC made awesome moves with Caruso and Hartenstein.
My dad coached me in youth bb rec leagues and I hated it. I'll never understand kids who want to play for their dads vs. making it on their own. And vice versa I'll never understand parents who don't make their kids prove themselves outside, at least a little. Bronny should have gone back to school for at least 1 year maybe more, like his current coach did. But it'll be fun seeing the bs Pelinka and JJ continue to spew about Bronny. Gonna take a negative toll on all the players. Lakers total joke and will be for next 3-4 years - Lebron just getting older.
Great, great post.

Great, great post.
Thanks. Media been so gutless on this one. Knecht probably ecstatic as no one will be paying any attention to him. Just my opinion but I think is going to a huge clusterfuck for lakers. No one will think he's there on merit. Will be an issue in lockeroom.

Thanks. Media been so gutless on this one. Knecht probably ecstatic as no one will be paying any attention to him. Just my opinion but I think is going to a huge clusterfuck for lakers. No one will think he's there on merit. Will be an issue in lockeroom.
Don't know... Honestly, I think it's a non issue. Who cares about 55th pick? Who cares if he gets some garbage time? I doubt he will be a starter or anything...
I remember when Doc coached his son Austin in the Clippers. It was some issue, but not that big.
Here we have fringe player no one cares about, nothing more...

Don't know... Honestly, I think it's a non issue. Who cares about 55th pick? Who cares if he gets some garbage time? I doubt he will be a starter or anything...
I remember when Doc coached his son Austin in the Clippers. It was some issue, but not that big.
He wasn't a draftable player.

Take away his Dad, he's a 4 year college player. No way he goes pro other than his dad has an agenda to play with him.

The contract he received is not at all in line with a 55th pick, let alone an undrafted free agent (which he should have been).

I know you're an NBA guy so I'll post his college stats.

Screenshot_20240704-192941.png

Make sense now?

I would have no issue with him being signed as a UDFA. Then, make him compete for the roster.

Nope, not in LeChina's world.

I understand but just dont think that's how it will play out. They won't contend so media will focus on it. I think it will be a circus. Again I just don't get it or like it. He should be his own man, make it on his own. Go back to school and dominate cbb first. If he doesn't make it it's not like he'll ever have to work a real job. Just lost all respect for him. Austin Rivers was a star at Duke. He got drafted on merit. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Only thing interesting about lakers.

Take away his Dad, he's a 4 year college player. No way he goes pro other than his dad has an agenda to play with him.

The contract he received is not at all in line with a 55th pick, let alone an undrafted free agent (which he should have been).

View attachment 85521

Make sense now?

I would have no issue with him being signed as a UDFA. Then, make him compete for the roster.

No, don't get me wrong, I agree. I seen his stats. I'm just saying we are spending way too much time and efforts about 55th pick and how it will influence NBA world or the Lakers. I'm saying that outside of LeBron's family it won't have any influence whatsoever, unless we will see indications of that within the season.
Of course I prefer to see less Neputism in the world, but no one is asking me ;)

View attachment 85521

Make sense now?

This is the post.
A near billionaire is getting his way. Nothing new, trust me.
But to paint it as anything other than the obvious is just disingenuous

Please tell me Bronny didn't sniff his point total today

Not sure where I saw it but it was 14.5 at one of the books

Not sure getting DeRozan for Barnes is such an upgrade. DeRozan has effective mid-range, but it's least effective way to score and much less of 3 point threat than Barnes.
Good move for Barnes that will enjoy getting looks from CP3 assists and can improve his game under Pop

The LeBronny move was the most blatant display of LeNepotism the world has seen since the birth of the internet.

LeTurd self-fulfilling his own narcissistic fantasies.

Fecken joke...

The LeBronny move was the most blatant display of LeNepotism the world has seen since the birth of the internet.

LeTurd self-fulfilling his own narcissistic fantasies.

Fecken joke...
People who think it's harmless 2nd rd, etc don't know lockerrooms. I played through college and if he can't play but is on team there's going to be tension. Going to be interesting. What I will never get is why bronny himself wants to go through that. Go back to school and see if you can play good enough to get drafted on merit. Just makes no sense except for entitlement on both him and father. Shot 26% from 3 at usc and 0% thru 3 games. Just a joke.

People who think it's harmless 2nd rd, etc don't know lockerrooms. I played through college and if he can't play but is on team there's going to be tension. Going to be interesting. What I will never get is why bronny himself wants to go through that. Go back to school and see if you can play good enough to get drafted on merit. Just makes no sense except for entitlement on both him and father. Shot 26% from 3 at usc and 0% thru 3 games. Just a joke.

The entire Lakers roster from ownership, management, coaching to the players all fear LeDouche.

That's how he created it, there maybe animosity towards the Bronny draft but none one will say anything publicly or to their 'master'.

Dude handpicks his guys, it's embarrassing for the league how much power this dude harnesses. Silver is a purse, nothing more.

Cramps also has a role in the steadily sinking ship of Nike.

And no way should LeCramps be on the USA roster, dude stole a spot just like a better player than Bronny missed out on an NBA spot.

The entire Lakers roster from ownership, management, coaching to the players all fear LeDouche.

That's how he created it, there maybe animosity towards the Bronny draft but none one will say anything publicly or to their 'master'.

Dude handpicks his guys, it's embarrassing for the league how much power this dude harnesses. Silver is a purse, nothing more.

Cramps also has a role in the steadily sinking ship of Nike.

And no way should LeCramps be on the USA roster, dude stole a spot just like a better player than Bronny missed out on an NBA spot.
Well put

I don't have a clue who is on the USA roster, is that a thing?

No injuries to relevant players please

Pat Bev heading overseas!
Coming to Israel, to Hapoel Tel Aviv!
Been talks about it for three days till was officially announced.
Love this player and will be fun to watch.
Interesting that he comes to third best team in Israel and we will see ammunition race here between three teams, two of which changed owners a season ago and now crazy rich (Jerusalem is NBA level rich with Adelson money)...

Yea it’s pretty cool to play for your country in the Olympics. For me anyway
The soccer gets no coverage was my point. Had nothing to do with being cool ffs

I now realize it's all u23 with the exception of 3 senior players and our u23 team was very good as an u20 a team a couple years ago

And that was meant for soccer, obviously the basketball team has been overly advertised

Back