519 MEMPHIS +12-110 o197-110
520 DALLAS -12-110 u197-110

5:35 PM
521 MINNESOTA +13½-110 o191-110
522 SAN ANTONIO -13½-110 u191-110

7:05 PM
523 DENVER +8½-110 o199-110
524 PORTLAND -8½-110 u199-110

See a bunch of favs that interest me. Hopefully the dogs are thinking about Christmas (and Boston).

That surprises me J. See a lot of dogs that interest me and at least 1 favorite I have already bet. GL

On paper Denver, Sixers, Lakers, Rockets and Wizards all interesting bets. Maybe come out from self forced retirement for this year :)

Careful with the Bucks. Jazz ran out of gas vs. the Bulls but played pretty well. Last of a 5 game road trip that they've gone 2-2 on so far. They're pretty pissed that they have two days off in MLW during this time of year. They asked the NBA to move the game up to Monday, but the Bucks refused as they didn't want to go h2h against the Packers Monday night game. So instead of being at home helping their wives during Christmas they're sitting around doing nothing in MLW. Jazz can make this a winning road trip and take out a little anger towards the bucks all at once. They've also covered 9 of 10 against MLW. And last they play Dal, @HOU, PHI, @LAL once they're done with this trip. This is a pretty important game for the Jazz.

I think strong cases can be made for Cleveland and the Bobcats. I am interested in NO but that is all at the moment. On this Utah Bucks game I need to think about it. I am afraid of possible bias there so may skip that game. Old standard was that the Spurs would just crush Minn tomorrow. Situational considerations make that seem unlikely to me so will probably play Minn. GS by the time the public finishes pumping them up will likely interest me. Its conceivable that even the Sixers might interest me. OKC and the Grizz are also possible.
Let me be specific. Have made large bets on Cleveland and the Bobcats and a 1 unit bet on Minn. Everything else is up for grabs.

I think strong cases can be made for Cleveland and the Bobcats. I am interested in NO but that is all at the moment. On this Utah Bucks game I need to think about it. I am afraid of possible bias there so may skip that game. Old standard was that the Spurs would just crush Minn tomorrow. Situational considerations make that seem unlikely to me so will probably play Minn. GS by the time the public finishes pumping them up will likely interest me. Its conceivable that even the Sixers might interest me. OKC and the Grizz are also possible.
Let me be specific. Have made large bets on Cleveland and the Bobcats and a 1 unit bet on Minn. Everything else is up for grabs.

Thunder should always get bet as DD dogs. They've gained my trust in that spot. Already played the Hornets, Cavs, and Charlotte. No rush on NO as that line can't move to far being that they are playing the Lakers. Favorite play is the Cats and I will possibly add more.

Lakers are putting up a few Unders recently (6-2-1 L9 before Mem), Nawlins cant stop putting up Unders (16-4 last 20) and these 2 totaled 179 in a meeting at this venue earlier this season, and yet the total is 195?

If that isn't a number begging for Under to be bet, I don't know anything (which means, Over is on).

Last edited:
Anyones thought on Nets Hou over? 197.5?

over 69% of the public are riding Houston here after their recent win at Minnesota as they covered the spread winning by 7 and the Nets home loss to the Heat. Keep in mind that the Nets were coming off a big win over the Mavs at home which was a big game for Devin Harris and company based on the recent trades these two teams just had. Of course, Devin Harris showed up and outshined kid by scoring 40+ points and having 13 assists in the process. As per this game, note that NJ comes off that tough loss and look to bounce-back here. The Nets have had no problem scoring points in particular when they have motivation coming off a previous loss. Also, when the Rockets get taken to the edge early and are in a competitive game, games go over. The last four of five have been such the case with the Rockets as for example the game against the Grizzlies in which they were an active dog went over, the game against the Twolves who for all intense purposes were an active dog at home went over, they were at GS where the game sailed over and of course, they were at Denver in an outright loss and that game too sailed over as the Nuggs were great competition that night. In that same spirit, the Nets will be great competitors tonight coming off such a loss. I'm not saying to bet against the Rockets here, but let's bet on the Nets to make this game competitive as the push this total over and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see an outright win for the Nets, but more importantly, we expect to see an over. Remember, we want 25 points in each quarter per team as that is the magic number to keep pace for the 200 mark. The over is 4-0 for the Rockets when they are favored by this margin on the road and the over is 7-3 for the Nets following an ATS loss

still not sure tho

Over is very reasonable. Avoiding it only because it is first of a b-b for both teams but would have to go over if I played it. GL

dunno where to put this, but this is interesting:

<TABLE class=latestplays cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:27</TD><TD>GS - Full timeout (Timeout #1)</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:31</TD><TD>ORL - H. Turkoglu makes a 5-foot jumper in the lane</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:33</TD><TD>ORL - H. Turkoglu offensive rebound</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:35</TD><TD>ORL - D. Howard misses a layup</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:36</TD><TD>ORL - D. Howard offensive rebound</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:38</TD><TD>ORL - D. Howard misses a layup</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>5:49</TD><TD>ORL - R. Lewis steals the ball from J. Crawford</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>6:06</TD><TD>ORL - D. Howard dunks the ball. Assist: H. Turkoglu</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>6:13</TD><TD>ORL - R. Lewis defensive rebound</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=playtime vAlign=top align=right>6:14</TD><TD>GS - A. Biedrins misses a layup</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:whip:

Interested in Houston +7.5 and ML . Under Boston , NOH , Over Milw , Wolves and maybe Mavs and Over ......:cheers:

Houston is a good team. They have improved from the past by getting Artest. They have good history vs Cleveland. The Cleveland ats streak has just been broken. You can make a plausible case. Cleveland still does not have many games where they won against quality opposition. Both the Lakers and Houston had 2 days off before the 4 in 5s started and Brent Berry played today for the first time which scares me. I am dropping this down to a 1 unit play. Nets put up little resistance in that game really so the Houston team was never under any stress.

Cleveland's last 17 wins have all been by at least 8 points.

Cleveland has a 9-0 ATS run going at home.

East Conf teams off a 4 game road trip 1st game back as a Fav vs a Western team - 7-10 ATS last 5 completed seasons

Why Houston if you don't mind me asking?

Cant say I have one . Just realized 4th in 5 for Houston . Part of is past history and I know that qualifies for some sort of payback but Artest off the bench with Brook running the point is something I prefer with them.

Like fading teams coming home off 1 days rest and just think -7.5 way to many. I havent seen CLE play to many decent let alone good teams recently . They blasted Denver but the Nuggets are suddenly slumping. Other then that they havent done much to impress me looking at their schedule.

Just see two very equal teams with CLE consistency unmatched ....Cavs havent lost ATS inconsecutive games so far and this presents a good 1st time for that ....

Just like how Houston is playing and think its way to many points for a game that goes to the wire . Like the roster matchups for each...:shake:

Just a very bad variation here. Nets put up a pee wee effort. No strain at all on Houston. No one gets hurt or banged up or tired. And they get a Brent Barry back in the line up. How could this have played any worse for us?

Put it this way Cle regressed if anything on this road trip where outside of the DEN game they didnt impress me at all .

Last home game vs Philly laid -10.5 now -7.5 for Houston ? Only tough home game all seson was vs Denver -7 and the Nuggets hung tough all game. Think Houston is definetly stronger then Denver and clearly better defensively ....

Its funny all of you are just sure NO is the right side tomorrow. LA is taking tests right now. They really did not give a damn about the Orlando result. They wanted to play a good game against a quality opponent but it was still a tight game and I have Orlando currently stronger than NO. In the fourth quarter against the Grizz they finally stopped kidding around and just like the Orlando game we got to see them playing hard at defense. NO beat the Spurs a few days ago. They were down 7 in the fourth quarter. The Spurs lost that game NO did not win it. This is all a class room exercise for the LAkers and I suspect the last part of the test to themselves to prove they are ready for Boston is to beat NO. Unlike the Grizz who they never intended to hurt and unlike Orlando a team that is seriously a class act NO has done almost nothing to deserve any high ranking. When they have played top teams it has been ----sleep baby sleep. And you are all assuming the Lakers lose to them. Not at all clear to me that that is tomorrow's script. At least in the Cleveland game I do think Cleveland is the better team.

Its funny all of you are just sure NO is the right side tomorrow. LA is taking tests right now. They really did not give a damn about the Orlando result. They wanted to play a good game against a quality opponent but it was still a tight game and I have Orlando currently stronger than NO. In the fourth quarter against the Grizz they finally stopped kidding around and just like the Orlando game we got to see them playing hard at defense. NO beat the Spurs a few days ago. They were down 7 in the fourth quarter. The Spurs lost that game NO did not win it. This is all a class room exercise for the LAkers and I suspect the last part of the test to themselves to prove they are ready for Boston is to beat NO. Unlike the Grizz who they never intended to hurt and unlike Orlando a team that is seriously a class act NO has done almost nothing to deserve any high ranking. When they have played top teams it has been ----sleep baby sleep. And you are all assuming the Lakers lose to them. Not at all clear to me that that is tomorrow's script. At least in the Cleveland game I do think Cleveland is the better team.

Everything before me indicates the total line for the NO/LAK game says bet Over. For me Over = LA cover, Under = NO cover.

Put it this way Cle regressed if anything on this road trip where outside of the DEN game they didnt impress me at all .

Last home game vs Philly laid -10.5 now -7.5 for Houston ? Only tough home game all seson was vs Denver -7 and the Nuggets hung tough all game. Think Houston is definetly stronger then Denver and clearly better defensively ....

Regressed? Don't see it the same way honestly. They lost to an Atlanta team that I think is damn good obviously as I laid quite a bit on the line yesterday vs Det. It was a proving game for the Hawks and they played quite well. Still worth noting that the Cavs aren't somebody who should be favored over a good team on the road. Next game against Minny I'm not sure what more they could do. They won every quarter and really laid it on in the 4th to make sure it wasn't close in the end. Denver game was quite impressive as I played the Nuggets that game and it was never remotely close. Cavs were the completely dominant team in a game that I thought the Nuggets would bring the Cavs back to earth. Not sure what you expected out of the OKC game? I bet against the Cavs again and lucky for me Durant hits a 3 with 9 seconds left to give me a winner. An 11 point road vicotry is always impressive in my mind especially when the road team is only interested in getting the win. Keeping in mind that the Cavs didn't even have Illgauskas in the first two. I don't see how you can downgrade them based on those 4 games.

Again I find myself disagreeing with somebody who I respect. They didn't give a damn about the Orlando result? How could they not have cared about it? It was against a dominant team after a loss and they failed. You say they played great defense, but all I see is the Magic getting 106 points on 49% shooting. If that's them playing hard on defense I feel even better about my Hornets bet tomorrow. Imagine if the Magic dont' shoot 61% from the line. Granted they have Howard on their team so bad FT nights are normal, but he shot 67% on the night.

Granted I'm worried about the Lakers being fine with a 1-3 road trip, but they are a conceded bunch in my eyes and already think they are better than NO demonstrated by their earlier victory in NO. What they aren't sure of is if they are better than Boston and I think after a victory on Monday they'll be looking towards that game. I honestly think you're giving to much credit to the Lakers. It's obviously tough to lay points against them but their are other factors that make this one easier to stomach. Lakers have bigger fish to fry and I'll be the first to back them at home on Christmas day.

Next game against Minny I'm not sure what more they could do

Minnesota is one of the worst teams in the league who really cant stop anyone. Cle won all of the Quarters but an 8 pt lead is nothing to be happy about to start the 4th Q . Minny has been crushed by many teams in the 4th this year . The fact they hung in the 3rd Q is unimpressive to a degree . Same deal with OKC . You could say the toyed with OKC but they shot 55% and OKC was hanging around most of the game . Remember I had OKC 1st H and Denver as well .Cavs started pulling away late and making it dd to teens game . Cant read much into Denver when Melo is out for a few games shortly after .

They did lose to a solid ATL team and it doesnt show negatively on them but that was the 1st tough game they had in weeks and lost .

I am not down on them but they are not playing flawless ball like they had for 2 weeks . I dont think they are . As the schedule gets tougher I think CLE struggles more . They are just getting such easy matchups each game bewteen teams who have underacheived and teams who cant defend. Hawks are a real team and Den is a pretender still where as Houston is a legit team ....

Not talking anyone off anything put as of now looks certain I will be on Houston even though a 4in 5 spot is scary....Just think at best CLE is up for a bunch of wins and ATS losses in the near future......Probably 1st Houston as well..

:shake:

Look closer at what I said J. I did not say the Lakers played great defense in that game. I said that in the fourth quarter where things actually matter they settled down and play quality team defense and that we saw the same thing tonight against the Grizz. The Lakers are not stupid. I have bet against them almost every game for a long time. The only game I can remember missing is when they played the Nets because I knew the team histories and knew the Nets had a big look ahead to the Kings the next day. But tomorrow unlike those other games I am saying they do want to play a good game and win the game to prove to themselves that they can win in the dog role. Think back to last year when they just walked through Utah. Anytime you bet against the best team when they seriously want to win that bet is very suspect.
J look longer at your own post. You seriously think a victory against the Grizz meant anything to them? As to Orlando I say again they saw Orlando as a quality sparring mate to help them get back to the kind of team they need to be to beat Boston. Winning or losing there meant very little to them. Just getting back to a higher standard of play was all that mattered to them. But to them, if they can not beat the Hornets tomorrow, they can not beat Boston. I do not see them letting that happen.

Next game against Minny I'm not sure what more they could do

Minnesota is one of the worst teams in the league who really cant stop anyone. Cle won all of the Quarters but an 8 pt lead is nothing to be happy about to start the 4th Q . Minny has been crushed by many teams in the 4th this year . The fact they hung in the 3rd Q is unimpressive to a degree . Same deal with OKC . You could say the toyed with OKC but they shot 55% and OKC was hanging around most of the game . Remember I had OKC 1st H and Denver as well .Cavs started pulling away late and making it dd to teens game . Cant read much into Denver when Melo is out for a few games shortly after .

They did lose to a solid ATL team and it doesnt show negatively on them but that was the 1st tough game they had in weeks and lost .

I am not down on them but they are not playing flawless ball like they had for 2 weeks . I dont think they are . As the schedule gets tougher I think CLE struggles more . They are just getting such easy matchups each game bewteen teams who have underacheived and teams who cant defend. Hawks are a real team and Den is a pretender still where as Houston is a legit team ....

Not talking anyone off anything put as of now looks certain I will be on Houston even though a 4in 5 spot is scary....Just think at best CLE is up for a bunch of wins and ATS losses in the near future......Probably 1st Houston as well..

:shake:

Don't need to say it but you know I trust your instincts and abilities a ton. Agree completely that the Cavs are set up for the "Lakers run" in which they win a bunch of games in a row w/out covering and I can't say that I'm not worried that the thunder game was the beginning. Honestly the only bets I've actually submitted are the Hornets at 2.5 and the Jazz at -1 as I forgot to confirm my bets on the Bocats and Cavs.. Biggest bet of the day will probably be on the Bocats but I've seen zero movement so far. Your opinion on the Cavs has me questioning the bet completely. I will say that I don't grade Houston that much above Denver if at all. Moving Artest to a 6th man role is genius though and may sway my opinion. The less time him and McGrady spend on the floor together the better from my point of view, but I don't have any stats to back up that opinion. Either way it's not my favorite bet of the day by any means so I may just pass at this point. Sometimes omens happen (not confirming the bet) so who knows.

the Lakers definitely cared about the Orlando result, the reason they lost was Nelson's superb performance and their 3pt shooting.

The Lakers cared, but lost, no doubts about that. I was on LA and I just watched them crumble in the 2nd half.

Look closer at what I said J. I did not say the Lakers played great defense in that game. I said that in the fourth quarter where things actually matter they settled down and play quality team defense and that we saw the same thing tonight against the Grizz. The Lakers are not stupid. I have bet against them almost every game for a long time. The only game I can remember missing is when they played the Nets because I knew the team histories and knew the Nets had a big look ahead to the Kings the next day. But tomorrow unlike those other games I am saying they do want to play a good game and win the game to prove to themselves that they can win in the dog role. Think back to last year when they just walked through Utah. Anytime you bet against the best team when they seriously want to win that bet is very suspect.

Among all things I can agree with your last sentence. I do think they have deep problems that include Farmar being out, Bynum not being on the same page as the rest of team, and Odom being disinterested. They're 1-1 this year as being 1 possession favs or less winning @NO as dogs earlier in the year. With Boston on deck and having won @NO already I can see them not taking the dog role to serious, but that's just my point of view.

If I may, I will offer my thoughts on the games. First of all, Cleveland - Houston game is a tough one to cap. The ideal situation for me would have been Rockets losing SU or at least ATS to the Nets and more important, Cleveland winning ATS the Thunders. Still, Rockets and Cleveland are very much alike, at least to me. Both seek league's recognition of their ambitions. Rockets really wanted to win Boston at home, but failed and now they got the chance to beat the hottest or among the hottest (with Celtics) teams in the league and I have no question about their huge motivation for this one. For Cleveland it will be just another game, at least I believe it will be the case. As for match ups, they aren't bad for the Rockets actually. Artest is a fine defender and despite him not having LeBron's body type (Battier has and should do solid here). T-Mac should do nicely here, since West has no chance to guard him and Pavlovic playing will limit Cavs offense (if LeBron guards him, then Artest should deliver the good on the offense). In the paint I do believe Yao will be good. He made double double against Cleveland last year (even though he shot 3 from 17 in Cleveland) and even though Cleveland were before all the trades, Houston controlled the boards in both games and won both games.
NO - Lakers game it is a tough match to cap. I'm leaning heavily on the Lakers, but the Boston spot worries me. Still, I believe, even with revenge angle, I think this is a better spot for the Lakers team. NO comes after four straight wins, covering three of the four games, they won the last 7 of 8 games and covered in six of them. Would they love to beat L.A.? Hell yeah! Still, they feel good about themselves right now and after a rocky start, they feel as if they are ready for the rest of the season. Lakers are on a test right now. If they would have won Heat and Magic, I would never get near them tonight, as they would have been in Boston mode, but right now? They would hate coming to that games with 3 losses in four games and 0 - 11 ATS run. They feel as if they aren't meeting the expactations and unlike Spurs, Lakers do care about that sort of things and Lakers need to get their confidence back up prior to Boston game. Add to that Peja's injury and we know that you can't win Lakers without shooting three pointers and the fact that the line is 3 points and rising and Lakers are with 5 losses, but 3 of the losses were by no more than a possesion and we get a solid bet on the Lakers. One more thing I can add is that Kobe may see Posey as the real test prior to Boston's game for obvious reasons.
Tuck, I want to play the Wizards, since I believe that it's tough to see Bobcats as favorites, let along by more than two possesions against any rival, but it kind of a homer bet and I saw you on the Bobcats, so I would like to read your thoughts on the matter, besides the no love for Wizards trend that just all over this forum for the last year.
Actually took Denver last night with 3 units and in the moment they won and even covered the original line, no way I'm taking them again tonight, since it should be Portland's game, so I'm off this lean and still checking the Sixers game.

A lot of reasons . Some easy to explain and some not. Brown is legitimately a top coach. For a long sad time the Bobcats had junk as coach. Last year they had super junk. They had developed a mentality of must lose. When they traded Richardson they picked up 2 players in Bell and Diaw who expect to win. In the 5 games Diaw has played he has given 21 asts. Last 4 games he has scored 77 points with 30 rebounds. Bell is not as good a player but he was 46.8% 3 point shooter for the Suns. Last game he started playing. He scored 21 points making 5 out of 7 3's. This is a very good sign as are the 3 passes a game recently along with 8 rebounds last 2 games.
The team has gotten Gerald Wallace back finally just an extremely fine all round player. Augustin and Felton are both emerging quality players.
So what. Jamision is a very strong player. Butler would have been a star if he had stayed with the Lakers. But they have as a team developed the losing disease. That is the disease where management just never helps with any problem and after a while you realize that they actually do not care if you win. That they want you to lose because they expect to break the team up next season anyway and they want good lottery picks. Thats a bad disease. Very hard to play well with that disease because you are fighting for nothing.
Bobcats still are trying to win. Their coach really wants to win and that is new for them. So they are trying. Last 3 games they have scoed over 100 points a game. In 4 of their last 6 games they scored in the 80s.
In their last game they lost by 11. Why does that matter? Its a trend. When the Wizards lose by 3 or less thay tend to play very well the next game. It did not happen so the good game becomes much less likely. Another silly trend. When a team beats the Bobcats badly the domination usually extends to the next game. The Bobcats finally broke thru and beat the Wizards the last time they played so that curse is not operating. What is operating is a angle Washington 1-11 on 1 days rest facing the Bobcats 3-0 on 2 days rest. Bobcats recently ended a 16 game stint of 1 or none days rest. Washington is in the middle of one of those with no 2 days off for the last 7 games. They have to face on national tv Cleveland a team they truely hate this Thursday. Hard to not fixate on that.
Really what I am seeing here is a number of small pluses for the Bobcats which I promote because that is the direction they are heading and I can find no pluses for Washington. Nothing is going to change. Same as the Kings and the Wolves. These are teams that were just left to die by management and its hard to bet on them against team with hope that are still trying.
There is no question that the Bobcats are trying harder now. The team culture is just much more optimistic. No question that Brown is finally getting a handle on the team. They are still not a good team. The Suns would still crush them. The Lakers just laugh. But I think they have a world better change of doing good tomorrow then the Wizards. Remember this is all based on proformance data. Wizards have won 1 game on the road this year. The Bobcats have won 7 home games. It is so bad to bet on a team hoping to cover getting a few points. In their 10 road games the Wizards have lost by less than 7 points in 3 games. i guess thats about it. If I saw any angle to indicate Washington would play hard all game I would avoid the game but i do not see one. And last 10 games between these teams the side that has won has covered.

So what. Jamision is a very strong player. Butler would have been a star if he had stayed with the Lakers. But they have as a team developed the losing disease. That is the disease where management just never helps with any problem and after a while you realize that they actually do not care if you win. That they want you to lose because they expect to break the team up next season anyway and they want good lottery picks. Thats a bad disease. Very hard to play well with that disease because you are fighting for nothing.

Thanks for the whole write up, this is the most interesting point, for me at least. What I loved the most for years about the Wizards is their fighting spirit, but maybe you're right about the spirit, since I already heard talks that Arenas will be out all season if Wizards are off play off race in favor of higher lottery place. Strange that Wizards looking to break the package after signing just this summer both Jamison and Arenas for long term contracts, but maybe this is the case.
I also overlooked that they are playing Cleveland later. You're right, they really hate that team and will be looking forward for this game. Will stay off this game.
Good luck!

very good stuff in here:cheers:

personally, i was initially leaning towards the wizards, lakers, and nuggets for reasons that have already been discussed. also thinking about minnesota and golden state... hmmm

played charlotte big and NO HUGE

not much time for writeup, but I love new orelans. everything points that direction imo, matchups, revenge, rest, home court, la with lookahead, fading la. just love this play

and not sure where I read it, but just glimpsed thru, and read LA being the best team in the leaguer. I laugh at that comment

Tuck, I definately agree with your take on the BOBCATS. They are definately a team with a solid identity.

"As the schedule gets tougher I think CLE struggles more ."

i agree with you nut, but their schedule is NOT tough right now, so why fade them? i think they win this game at home with relative ease...they've struggled so far this year against good team on the road, not at home. also, keep in mind their ats record over the last few years vs the WC

and also atl they did not have Z, which throws off a lot for this team. i honestly think they win 7 or 8 games out of 11 ATS between now and january 9th.

january 15 - allstar break i will likely be fading them every single game, because i think that will be very profitable--that's when the schedule really heats up

I am also on Houston +7. I have to wait a little bit more, because right now is +8. But still, I think this is to high IMO right now. Houston is good team and they are in winning streak. I love how they played yesterday. That little Brooks was very solid and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Houston led by 23 points in the second quarter.
Rockets also have good record vs Cavaliers.
[/FONT]HOUSTON is 14-7 against the spread versus CLEVELAND since 1996HOUSTON is 16-7 straight up against CLEVELAND since 1996
HOUSTON is 3-1 against the spread versus CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons HOUSTON is 3-1 straight up against CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Last game played between them in Cleveland Houston won 93-85. And now they have to cover +7. I hope Cleveland wont cover all the games...and this could be one of them. I will take this one.

[/FONT]

peldas, it's tough to compare past results with this year's cavs imo. i faded them at home vs denver thinking the same thing---they always struggle with denver and now they're 8 pt favs (i think)???? and they covered with relative ease.

the reason why it's tough is obvious: in the two games you mentioned last year vs houston, the only cavs starters in that game that are in the starting 5 this year are lebron and Z; in fact, the other 3 starters from last year's games aren't even on the roster.

and it's not like lebron struggles against the rockets, as he had 26 and 32 in those games. so i think it's tough to go back even to last year and try to project results based on that; and some of your stats include games that were 5+ years pre-lebron, so i don't really think those are applicable at all

you may be right, but i figured i would just give you my opinion on those stats fwiw

the Cavs are a different animal at home, imo. I was on the Nuggs +7 when they had a lead through 2 1/2 quarters and then the Cavs seemed to clamp down, KMart got a flagraint foul (not a surprise) and the Cavs ended up blasting my cover by a point.

...i lean Cleveland right now as i think they'll be trying to throw out a "don't forget about me" message as everyone is eagerly awaiting the LAL-BOS X-mas day showdown.

Speaking of LAL, i think they're a wounded dog right now. I think the losing streak coupled with last nights bullshit for 3 quarters has this team ready to fight people right now. You gotta think Phil can figure this out, but that team does not play defense as even the knicks were getting easy lay-ups against them with people making bad switches and just leaving ppl wide open under the goal in Staples when i was on the over. I won't fade LAL 2 days in a row, just seems to never work out for me, especially when i won the first, but i would lean NO. It also worries me that LAL should have some extra confidence having won this game as a 1-point dog earlier in the year.

...my other major lean is Philadelphia. I hate to fade my hometown C's, but they shouldn't be as focused on this one, imo. I'm thinking a 1H bet is in order because they'll probably wake up at halftime when Doc or really KG starts howling at the group for playing like shit. Brand-less makes this tough, but i don't think covering for the 1H then fading is too much to ask when Boston should sleepwalk for a bit

Level 1 Plays:
Over 103 Hawks Team Total -115
Rockets +8 -120
Rockets ML +300
Over 208 Indy
1st Half Warriors +4.5
Over 196 -120 Bucks
Over 199 Pistons
Under 196 Lakers
1st H Wolves +7 -115
Wolves +12
Sixers +13

Level 2 Plays:
1st H Over 97.5 OKC
Over 193.5 OKC
Bucks ML -120
Blazers -8
Sixers +7

Level 3 Plays :
None so far

Interested in a few more . Soured on Houston because Alston is coming back and starting . Everyone has solid points about CLe and Houston . For me I am not buying CLE being so much better this year until they play some good teams . Their schedule to date is terribly soft . They have blown out the bad teams because they play good solid defense and have recieved solid contributions for players not named LeBron. Bad teams always struggle vs good defenses in every sport. Houston is a very similiar team and would like to see these front lines tangle especially with such good defenders like Artest and Battier to help with the rebounding big men . Dont see how the Denver game means anything for CLE . The Nuggets as of a week ago are not playing good basketball and it just lined up perfectly for CLE but Brooks NOT starting is another under the radar gift IMO....

Houston is much better then Denver and based on past history has enjoyed playing CLE .

GL ....still about 5 or 6 more that interest me but lets see where they move. :cheers:

Wow. Some good people around here. As far as the Rockets/Cavs goes I have to say that you can't ignore the fact the Cleveland is 2-8 straight up in the last ten games against the Rockets. One of their wins was in OT and the other a 6 point win at home in 2007. I usually don't put much weight into past meetings, but there is a reason for the Rockets success against them. Also, Big Z is coming off that ankle injury. After missing 4 games he returned with 4 points and two rebounds. Way off his 15ppg average. Yao might have a huge game in the paint today if Z isn't close to 100%.

"you can't ignore the fact the Cleveland is 2-8 straight up in the last ten games against the Rockets"

i just disagree with that statement, but we'll see how it plans out. i think you HAVE to ignore past results when talking about this cavs team. cavs have had certain tendencies against certain teams, but the team is so different this year that it has erased many of those tendencies. different roster, different offense, different pace, and a different level of play so far. wish you guys were patient; like i said...right after boston, cleveland is ripe for the fading

"you can't ignore the fact the Cleveland is 2-8 straight up in the last ten games against the Rockets"

i just disagree with that statement, but we'll see how it plans out. i think you HAVE to ignore past results when talking about this cavs team. cavs have had certain tendencies against certain teams, but the team is so different this year that it has erased many of those tendencies. different roster, different offense, different pace, and a different level of play so far. wish you guys were patient; like i said...right after boston, cleveland is ripe for the fading

homer :36_11_6: just playing man

Who's hurt for the Jazz? big line move and I can't find any news

Back