Tuesday Discussion Thread

i'm not sure if balty breaks the losing streak today, i can't pay that price against the guardians right now but i do think o's have a significant starting pitcher edge today, cle pen and offense humming keeps me from laying -140 against them but im all for fading logan allen vs a lineup as good as o's. never understood allen being thought of as having all that much potential since the minute i saw him, his stuff isn't really good enough for him to attack good hitters in the zone, he usually doesn't trust it and nibbles like crazy, long as teams don't expand vs him he will walk ppl and serve up hittable pitches. his decent starts come against crappy offenses and cle give him support! balty might be slumping a bit but they far from a crappy offense, id be shocked if they didn't hang a crooked number or 2 on this bum.

o's ff tt ov 2.5 -120

skubal vs ranger should be a awesome pitching matchup but man this should be a whole lot easier night for ranger, philly sporting a team ops of .780 vs lhp while who knows what tigers hitting? prob around .600 ops, lol. i don't know if that means fade skubal? getting philly -120 w ranger on the bump vs a crappy offense is pretty freaking tempting. ranger ov 4.5 k's seems like a no brainer but -170 steep. somehow the tigers ff 1.5 ov is 10 cents juicer than philly, that very odd, id rather play tigers u1.5 ev money than philly at -110, but i could def just get behind the ff under 3.5 also as i dont see either team scoring much, that .780 ops didn't come against many guys with skubal stuff!!

Cole was fine his 1st start, having to face o's out the gates a tough ask, i'd think he gets stretched to 80+ pitches hereand that will most likely look a lot more efficient vs the muts. wanna say we should jump all over 5.5 k's for the cheap cause we won't be seeing that number w him many more times if at all if he looks good tonight!! worst case if he doesn't hit this we will get another shot at a low k number and we will double up cause ya know sonner than later he will be punching out close to double digits!! i mean he got 5 k's in the 4 innings vs o's his 1st start. no reason to think he doesn't go at least 5 innings tonight, maybe 6 and fan 6-7 easy.

think i've talked bout the phi:det ff under 3.5 enough in other thread to decide to play it, just hard to imagine skubal struggling again and if tigers score more than 1 off ranger thru 5 i'd be kinda shocked.

Agree here.

Heading down tonight to my first game of the year.

Excited!

oh nice, you picked a good one. i like offense but i love pitching duels also! where your seats? i love getting like behind plate a level up in front so you can see over stupid ump and see how nasty those pitches are!! shit crazy how much they move and how fast it happens!

Reactions: KJ
oh nice, you picked a good one. i like offense but i love pitching duels also! where your seats? i love getting like behind plate a level up in front so you can see over stupid ump and see how nasty those pitches are!! shit crazy how much they move and how fast it happens!
20 rows back of visitors dugout (1st base side)

20 rows back of visitors dugout (1st base side)

hopefully it not hot as balls up there? you couldn't pay me to go to cards game this past week, sitting in a pool my ass sweat next to another mfer just as miserable! no thanks! one year me and ex wife tried a 4th of july day game, it was beyond redic, we were lucky enough to be on shaded side of stands and still didn't matter, think we left in 4th inning, record time for me! lol.

around here you go at beginning the year, sometimes get lucky in may:june, may was super nice this year. i'll be damned if im going in july or august! maybe night in sept if they in the race and it has cooled a bit!! to go watch this team id need perfect conditions!!

i can't believe cards have a winning record, most the time they don't really strike me as a above .500 team, the 3-4-5 slots been awful, mfers not even combining for a .700 ops!

around here you go at beginning the year, sometimes get lucky in may:june, may was super nice this year. i'll be damned if im going in july or august! maybe night in sept if they in the race and it has cooled a bit!! to go watch this team id need perfect conditions!!
When we did Miami back in 2006 for a Snakes series, didn't even go to one game. That was fkn awful. Before this stadium. Not like we couldn't sit in like the 2nd row behind the plate but the humidity was so bad I broke a sweat in the pool at the resort. I don't know how people live there.

i'd be totally ok w hot these days but when ya start to sweat minute you walk outside cause it feels like you walking into a thick wall of water, i can't stand it. i gotta fucjing move!

best i see for today:

balty ff tt ov 2.5
phi/det ff un3.5
cole ov 5.5 k's
gore ov 5.5 k's

think that pretty much it, theresa in hospital, we dunno yet if she staying or what but she gonna let me run across river and put these in, lol.

went ahead and put little ok
skubal ov6.5 k's also. -110 super cheap for him, philly does have a fantastic ops vs lhp but they also strike out a ton vs them and again they don't see many this talented! plus @B.A.R. going skubal gotta put on a show for him! least he can do is fan 7, im thinking more like 9 or 10 tho!!

best i see for today:

balty ff tt ov 2.5
phi/det ff un3.5
cole ov 5.5 k's
gore ov 5.5 k's

think that pretty much it, theresa in hospital, we dunno yet if she staying or what but she gonna let me run across river and put these in, lol.
Really like that Phillies ff under. Hope all goes well health wise for Theresa

admitting her back into hospital, it's like a every other month thing at this point. really think the radiation they did during her 1st treatments did way more harm than good. the last round of chemo and immuno therapy getting way better results but now she keeps having all these problems around her bladder, i guess it could be the tumor cause i know it close but also coulda been all the radiation they zapped her with, they didnt really mention all the radiation problems till after the fact! lol

i love the balty ff over the most but that don't always mean it a good thing, i loved braves yesterday which was really the only loss, lol. all i know if they can't plate 3+ runs against this scrub then they are officially struggling!

i didn't bet it but since i'm bored as shit sitting at hospital i'm just looking at shit. if ya looking for more action i don't think anything wrong with playing pfaadt ov 5.5 k's at +110, he more than capable of fanning a bunch and twins swing and miss a bunch, sometimes i think mfers just close their eyes and swing hard the can!!

wow the guardians ain't playing, shoulda just took the 1st 5 for both teams but i thought maybe Irvin slow them down cause he been pitching well, that whole lineup is freaking hitting. crazy. balty got 2 in 1st tho, hate to think they don't get at least 1 more by 5th!

Nice call. Thxs

if there a worse 8-3 pitcher in baseball than allen i ain't seen him, most his wins come against crappy lineups and he still labors to get thru them and of course he getting great run support from cle offense. just didn't see a world o's offense continued to struggle vs this cat. nice when they actually play out the way ya hope! if they wanna snap the losing streak they better get the lead while he in tho, that another thing he got going, cle pen doesn't blow many leads!

now let's cruise thru these last 2 innings in detroit! been little more action on bases than i'd prefer!

wow, yanks have bases juiced no outs and the next 3 strike out, never thought i'd say this but they really need stanton behind judge cause no pitcher giving in to him or soto right now!

hopefully it not hot as balls up there? you couldn't pay me to go to cards game this past week, sitting in a pool my ass sweat next to another mfer just as miserable! no thanks! one year me and ex wife tried a 4th of july day game, it was beyond redic, we were lucky enough to be on shaded side of stands and still didn't matter, think we left in 4th inning, record time for me! lol.
79 with a breeze at 6:40 first pitch

We're cold the next several days. Cold front hit.

Must have been a great game for you to attend. Hope it was a blast
Terrific game, no doubt.

I will say, this was the first time I've ever been to a night game and left with the sun still out.

2 hours and 4 mins of game time.

The pitch clock + two Cy Young candidates made this a very quick trip to the park.

A lot of Phillies fans were present. We were behind their dugout so surrounded by them. Fun group.

Skubal was awesome. Plus we saw a Bryce HR.

Good night.

Back