Tuesday Discussion Thread

I have to look at it closer but at least they finally hanging a price that will have me considering the reds! Lol. Woodruff hasn’t really been that dude yet this year and Mahle good enough to limit milw I think.

Gotta think bout giants as dogs with a filthy lefty on the bump vs lad, Rondon been lights out.

Hate to say it but other than the few dogs I mentioned above I like mostly favs today. Cws gets another lhp, one with much lessor stuff than yesterday, and the scrubbies offense has totally come back down to reality the last week. They managed only 1 run in 4 of 5 games and then put up 2 last time out! It really goes back further, if you take away the 21 run game against pirates They barely averaging 2 runs a game over the last 10. As I mentioned yesterday I think white Sox bats been showing some better signs the last few, even yesterday they hit several balls hard the ball just wasn’t carrying.

Just noticed the weather in Chicago, not sure how I feel bout 45 degrees, chances of rain and a 25mph wind blowing in? Lol, fuck. Let’s just call CWS Ff -.5 a lean. I just dunno what to do w thst weather?!

I was thinking Rockies again but not sure the price is really off? All a sudden nats started scoring runs, in San Fran of all places! Makes the over 10.5 really tempting here. I have little doubt rox can get to Feddie but not sure I trust Marquez at the moment. I hate overs but rox putting up good numbers at home and I can’t ignore nats scoring 28 runs over the weekend in San Fran! Even the middle game where nats only scored 3 they still got 11 hits off of Webb, that pretty impressive!!

Nats lineup isn’t bad imo (pitching a totally different story!), they throw a bunch of switch hitters at ya and outside 2020 Marquez has typically not been great against left handed hitters of which he will see quite a few of tonight. Both pens are suspect As hell so even if the starters don’t get crushed someone out the pen very well could.

Looking at Manoah since I've been following him ever since he came to the majors he's been very impressive. He shut out the Yanks last month on the road so this will be his second go around and Yanks bats have been clutch lately. Does this usually favor the pitcher or Yanks lineup that have seen him before? (Sorry amateur question)

I was thinking Rockies again but not sure the price is really off? All a sudden nats started scoring runs, in San Fran of all places! Makes the over 10.5 really tempting here. I have little doubt rox can get to Feddie but not sure I trust Marquez at the moment. I hate overs but rox putting up good numbers at home and I can’t ignore nats scoring 28 runs over the weekend in San Fran! Even the middle game where nats only scored 3 they still got 11 hits off of Webb, that pretty impressive!!
Wasn't it a big deal last season that SF became a run scoring ballpark because of changes? Something like that anyway.

No clue why Mets are favored in G1. Think maybe books thought Carlos was going for Mets is the only thing I can think. I think Braves should be -115-120 here.

Wasn't it a big deal last season that SF became a run scoring ballpark because of changes? Something like that anyway.

I don’t remember, seems odd but either way it ain’t coors and they have really solid pitching nats faced the entire series. Maybe there was uptick or something but I still remember many low scoring pitchers duels last year:, regardless I think what nats did over weekend was pretty impressive. Honestly nats lineup doesn’t look nearly as bad as some the other garbage ones I’ve seen lately, they better than cards lineup at moment, they don’t have bunch of guys hitting below .200 like so many teams have at moment! Nats pitching staff is definitely bad, really bad, but I think any bashing of the lineup being overstated. Plus they have ton of switch hitters and Marquez typically hasn’t been real good against guys hitting from that side.

I just think at least one these starters getting blown up a pretty good possibility, don’t see either being great. Then we will get 4+ innings of 2 pens who have pretty bad numbers as well. The way I see it I’d take nats lineup over the reds every day and twice on Sundays, this the same total they hung in all the reds/rox games I think. I like both teams chances of getting to 5, but If not we always have the chance at coors one team puts up a really big number themselves.

I don’t remember, seems odd but either way it ain’t coors and they have really solid pitching nats faced the entire series. Maybe there was uptick or something but I still remember many low scoring pitchers duels last year:, regardless I think what nats did over weekend was pretty impressive. Honestly nats lineup doesn’t look nearly as bad as some the other garbage ones I’ve seen lately, they better than cards lineup at moment, they don’t have bunch of guys hitting below .200 like so many teams have at moment! Nats pitching staff is definitely bad, really bad, but I think any bashing of the lineup being overstated. Plus they have ton of switch hitters and Marquez typically hasn’t been real good against guys hitting from that side.

I just think at least one these starters getting blown up a pretty good possibility, don’t see either being great. Then we will get 4+ innings of 2 pens who have pretty bad numbers as well. The way I see it I’d take nats lineup over the reds every day and twice on Sundays, this the same total they hung in all the reds/rox games I think. I like both teams chances of getting to 5, but If not we always have the chance at coors one team puts up a really big number themselves.
Pretty sure someone was blindly betting overs in SF home games and it was going insane at the early part of the season until books inched the totals up.

Pretty sure someone was blindly betting overs in SF home games and it was going insane at the early part of the season until books inched the totals up.

There no way I remember early in season, lol. They havnt played all that much at home yet this year but the opening 6 game stand had 4 pitcher duel type scores w 2 higher scoring games. That was it till they just came home for 2 Vs A’s and the nats series, A’s only scored 3 runs in the 2 games, the second being A 1-0 affair. Any way ya slice it even if the park playing more hitter friendly nats still swung the bats really well all weekend and going to coors certainly shouldn’t slow them down! I went ahead and played over 10.5, prob means it be 2-1 with 25 stranded runners but think it the right play/hits at least 56% the time.

Kinda mentioned it above, but I took Bravos ML G1 - got at +100

I didn’t dig real deep cause I hate double headers, wanna say some muts hit Morton pretty good and I’m still not sure on what Carrasco gonna look like game to game? Getting shelled by cardinals not a good look but shit happens, his k-bb ratio been fantastic. Few guys I respect are all bout him having a big year, I’m still kinda in wait and see mode.

I also played halo’s Ff -.5 +105., wacha has been really good to start this season, I’m not convinced it will keep up, he always been strongest in the early going and fades as the season progresses. Syndergaard has looked pretty good so far, his k rate is way down but I don’t think it a huge deal, I expect it will rise back up closer to his career norms, despite slightly less velo he still has plenty of it, look no further than his swinging strike rate being right bout same it was at his peak. He shouldn’t have much trouble against a Red Sox lineup that really struggled to score runs vs a shaky O’s pitching staff over the weekend. Plus money for him to have a lead thru 5 feels like a solid play.,

I didn’t dig real deep cause I hate double headers, wanna say some muts hit Morton pretty good and I’m still not sure on what Carrasco gonna look like game to game? Getting shelled by cardinals not a good look but shit happens, his k-bb ratio been fantastic. Few guys I respect are all bout him having a big year, I’m still kinda in wait and see mode.
Morton traditionally great #s against Mets. Getting squeezed and soft singled to death today

Ha eliminated four innings of shitty bullpen pitching for a day

Yep. Last few years I’ve got to where I bet more FF’s than full games anyways, the 7 inning deals were nice cause you basically got starter then the best 2 pen guys if necessary.

Want to say Snakes always have a hard time hitting in Miami even when they have talent on offense. This team is dreadful offensively, not a fan of taking the under on a team total for a road game but after scoring 5 last night it's likely they can't even get to three today.

Want to say Snakes always have a hard time hitting in Miami even when they have talent on offense. This team is dreadful offensively, not a fan of taking the under on a team total for a road game but after scoring 5 last night it's likely they can't even get to three today.

Rodgers been walking lot of dudes,, I dunno if they can make him pay or not but nothing more annoying or helps a offense more than handing out free base runners.

Reactions: KJ
So muts changed starters around and Carrasco now pitching gm2? Sneaky, should be a heck of a pitching duel w Wright.,

Rodgers been walking lot of dudes,, I dunno if they can make him pay or not but nothing more annoying or helps a offense more than handing out free base runners.
Didn't play it, Dbacks have won 3 series in a row against the fish, might set up for get away day tomorrow

Didn't play it, Dbacks have won 3 series in a row against the fish, might set up for get away day tomorrow

They have actually managed to plate a ok amount of runs considering how awful that lineup is. They have stinker days but I don’t see any crazy long stretches scoring less than 3 like the 2 Chicago teams have had recently. I think Rodgers could be pretty good but I hate Mfers that walk lot of guys, his stuff plenty good where he should just challenge hitters but he either nibbling too much or just has no command.

Back