trade offered

wizardofodd

Resident Newlywed
1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex rb/wr league

QB's...Romo and Matt IceCold Ryan

TE's...Julius Thomas, B Celek

WR's... james jones, terrance williams, mike wallace

RB's...lacy, richardson, bush and ridley.

I'm being offered Colston for Lacy. Its fair to me, but do you think I should or just keep my guys?? I think I can use a boost, but I'm afraid that with all the injuries to GB WR's, they might run more. On the other hand, if Graham is out for Saints, Colston value goes up??

Thanks!

I think Lacy's value is higher than that. He's arguably a top-15 RB so he should net a top-15 WR.

lacy > colston. also, you'd be trading into a bye week when lacy has already had his. Graham shouldn't miss time, but it would only be one game at most.

Lacy is worth a ton more than colston, esp with Cobb injury..also Green Bay has had a bye and Nola hasn't..that's an extra week...

Lacy is worth a guy like victor Cruz at this point

i made a trade but with another player.

I asked for Wes Welker

He wanted Lacy and Terrance Williams.

Said send it over. Just waiting for approval. Just hope my RBs wake the fuk up!

The problem with trading for welker is he's already caught 8 TD's....it's not realistic to expect too many more.

I don't know about that. That's what I thought when I traded Chris Davis in bases ...

Did Wiz say whether it's PPR? Welker may be the #1 WR to have right now.

just b/c you're giving up too much doesn't always matter though....

What's the best option you can pick up off the waiver wire? (did you not label a bench or is this a really shallow league)....reason being obv you know Jones is hurt, idk how longhe's out for but im pretty sure he's out this week...

so you're gonna start wallace and you're gonna start T. Williams...(love T williams' matchup at least)...

I'm confident that moving forward, Bush Richardson and Ridley are all going to outperform Lacy for the remainder of the year, I understand there are some here who will disagree with me but I really feel as if Bush is a must start even in non-ppr and in PPR he's top 7-8...Ridley's healthy and getting the work he needs finally and boy does NE need him now...and Richardson is getting acclimated but his talent is not going to be wasted with Indi..who does have the potential to get up and coast late... Lacy is a fine RB that is in a system that doesn't always reward RBs...he's the top option there but he's the least proven....

colston is going to perform when he's on the field...you get through his bye and I like this deal (probably for both teams)...

It will help you bolster your WR strength enough and you have three strong RBs to start 2 and a flex in most weeks moving forward...matchup picking aside, i like this trade for YOU....not VALUE...but the deal for your team and your chances moving forward...if you wanna shop lacy around and see if he can fetch you more, then go ahead...but if this is all you can get i say make the deal and dont look back

The problem with trading for welker is he's already caught 8 TD's....it's not realistic to expect too many more.

you really cant think like that man... i know that i personally felt that way about jordan cameron....but that was b/c of the focus he's going to start receiving....the book's been out on welker for a while lolll...the problem is there are so many targets that you cant focus on him...and peyton loves him

you really cant think like that man... i know that i personally felt that way about jordan cameron....but that was b/c of the focus he's going to start receiving....the book's been out on welker for a while lolll...the problem is there are so many targets that you cant focus on him...and peyton loves him
sure I can...I use past performance to dictate future expectations...just like I thought picking up eddie royal was a waste of time after 5 td's in two games....I don't think welker is going to break moss td mark...ppr is diff but if i expect him to catch about 3 more td's for the year, he's mid tier in standard rather than in the tier with marshall, etc

I'd rather have jordy going forward than welker...in standard scoring....and I like both guys

That's, like, my opinion of the situation, man.

we can agree to disagree...

when evaluating talent like Welker, I will not consider his YTD numbers...

as far as Jordy, it's a little convenient that you picked him when Jones AND Cobb are banged up....his value is through the roof right now...
A better comparison would be a star who's value didnt shoot up overnight but has underperformed thus far...someone like Vincent Jackson (new QB seems capable)

or no, Reggie Wayne is a better comparison...even Calvin Johnson....

Although of course, I'd rather have megatron too lol

we can agree to disagree...

when evaluating talent like Welker, I will not consider his YTD numbers...

as far as Jordy, it's a little convenient that you picked him when Jones AND Cobb are banged up....his value is through the roof right now...
A better comparison would be a star who's value didnt shoot up overnight but has underperformed thus far...someone like Vincent Jackson (new QB seems capable)
fantasy values change drastically week to week...if you aren't considering ytd you are making a mistake imo...so yea we can agree to disagree and that's the great thing about fantasy...no right way to do it and different ways to approach it

agreed lol....

I wanted to add that I DO consider YTD in MOST cases....and I think in every single case in bases....as far as football, where there are smaller sample sizes and potential for statistical anomalies (sp?)... There are a few players I'll leave out of such calculation....

AP, Calvin, Foster (if someone was looking at his # of carries, TDs, and YPC dropoff there would've been a TON of flags but he kept producing)...This season, with Peyton throwing...I would add both Peyton AND Welker to this list...and Julius Thomas too...

I think there's legit potential for Julius Thomas to reach 12-13 TDs (unhead of for a rookie, I think Gronk had 10 with NE before he was discovered)... and 18-20 for Welker is certainly within the realm of possibility in my opinion. Do I think it's likely? meh....Do I think it's possible? yes....

when you get the first season of one of the best WRs and one of the best QBs to play the game....you get seasons like brady/moss...rice/young...

time will tell...

O/U 14.5 TDs for Welker, which way are you going Jump?

This league is not PPR.

Also, I was willing to give up any back but Bush and he chose Lacy. I like fair trades and hopefully it works out for us both.

Now i'm also setting up for another player in our league who has Peyton. He has a strong squad and if I have J Thomas and W Welker....I think I'll be able to slam him

Back