Trade Deadline Day In Game

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 | Feedback | Print Entry

Talks between the Ottawa Senators and Filip Kuba's agent, Rich Evans, last night still did not produce a breakthrough. So the clock is ticking on Kuba in Ottawa unless there's a last-minute agreement. He does have a no-trade clause, but is willing to go to a playoff team if he can't reach an agreement on an extension with Ottawa.

Reached in Vancouver, Evans told ESPN.com at 9:20 a.m. ET that he was set to phone Sens GM Bryan Murray within minutes to take one last crack at contract talks.

Meanwhile, don't be intrigued about Marc Denis being called up by the Montreal Canadiens this morning. Jaroslav Halak has a flu virus and Carey Price is starting tonight in Buffalo. Denis will back him up.

Ottawa and CBJ

Vermette for LEClaire

Finally, movement
icon14.gif

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]League sources claim the Canucks have offered Kevin Bieksa, Mason Raymond and a first round pick for Jay Bouwmeester, while the Flyers - if they can shed Martin Biron’s salary – are thought to have offered Joffrey Lupul, prospect James Van Riemsdyk and a first rounder…The Bruins, Capitals and possibly the Canadiens may have interest in Coyotes d-man Derek Morris. A player and a pick is the asking price…The Coyotes are also believed shopping Olli Jokinen, with the Habs, Flames, Oilers, Wild and Blue Jackets believe interested…Another Coyotes rumor has them shipping goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and Morris to the Flyers for Lupul, Biron and Scottie Upshall…The Lightning are likely to retain Martin St. Louis and couldn’t deal Gary Roberts but it’s possible there might be a market for Mark Recchi and Vaclav Prospal.[/FONT]

Think it's going to be a disappointing day compared to last year's action.

thats cuz you're a Penguins fan
icon12.gif

think it will be just as if not more... there are a lot of teams that could go either way to seller / buyer and teams like Columbus absolutely need to make the playoffs for the franchise.

kuba and sens agree on 3 year 3.7 mill per. so hes not going anywhere today.

radio in boston said the b's have shown interest in mark recchi. we'll see, but he'd certainly come cheaper than cole or tkachuk.

Sabres sign Connoly for 9 mill over 2 years
don't understand this signing..they secure an injury forward who CAN when HEALTHY create offense..other than that last two years he hasn't anything to warrant 4.5 mill a year in my eyes

i know they gave up lawrence nycholat, a prosepct, and 2nd rounder for leopold.

i wonder who is rumored in the deal for olli. didnt expect the calgary to be this active today.

i know they gave up lawrence nycholat, a prosepct, and 2nd rounder for leopold.

i wonder who is rumored in the deal for olli. didnt expect the calgary to be this active today.
i'm assuming lombardi, prospect and pick?

Sweeney quoted saying boston has something big in the cooker, just waiting for Chia to sign off on it. Practice was also pushed back 15-20 minutes. Hoping for something big I hope the delay is to give teammates time to say goodbye to Bergeron maybe?

Sweeney quoted saying boston has something big in the cooker, just waiting for Chia to sign off on it. Practice was also pushed back 15-20 minutes. Hoping for something big I hope the delay is to give teammates time to say goodbye to Bergeron maybe?

i guess everyone was on the ice this morning except nokelainen. im hearing he will be in a trade today.

chiarelli said the b's made a depth trade, but cant announce it yet. hopefully its noki and a pick for recchi.

great move for the jackets. Pazzy wasn't going to be happy on the bench. I really like the move. Really helps out with the depth, especially with Chimera being done.

like the move for columbus too pater. vermette's speed should fit right in with the jackets. would be nice to see them make the playoffs this year.

like the move for columbus too pater. vermette's speed should fit right in with the jackets. would be nice to see them make the playoffs this year.

I will probably go crazy if they miss the playoffs again. It's been nearly a decade and I haven't given up hope yet. This is by far the best team they have had as well as the best staff. They are in great position right now and just need to take care of business. I sure would like to see them make the playoffs too!!!

I like the Jackets... with a hot goalie who know they can make a good run.

Gotta get in first though.

Played golf last summer with Methot... good kid

what do you think calgary raping avs and phx in these trades does for the western conference from here on out? doesnt look like the hossa injury was as serious as first thought, which is good. but are the flames still behind san jose and detroit as far as cup contenders go?

there were rumors that b's were gonna send fernandez to phx for morris, and when phx sent tellqvist to buffalo i thought it was really gonna get done. not sure now with the move the b's made for montador.

Level 1 and level 1B IMO...

the Flames have added what they need, but need Bertuzzi to get healthy again IMO.

In a head to head, give me Kipper vs Osgood any day of the week though

Back