Trade Deadline Day In Game

overall im happy with what the b's did today. grabbing montador, recchi and a 2nd rounder and not hurting this years team is a job well done. nothing huge, but upgrading the 3rd line/pp and depth to the blueline should be good enough for a deep run is they stay healthy. i give them a B+

Aw, you're just saying that.

Still, I like it.

And the sooner your Leafs can get their head out of their ass, the better it will be for all of hockey.

Leafs Acquire:

Olaf Kolzig
Jamie Heward
Andy Rogers
4th Round pick for

Richard Petiot

Carolina Receives Cole and LA's second round pick
Edmonton: Patrick O'Sullivan
LA: Justin Williams

SJ: Travis Moen, Kent Huskins
Ana: NIck BOnino, Conditional pick, TImo Pelmier

Edmonton: Ales Kotalik
Buffalo: Second Round Pick

I was in class but supposedly for the last 30 minutes before the deadline Sportsnet was basically reporting rumoured deals as deals, so in essence they became Eklund (who they actually hired last year or the year before to work with them for the deadline).

I read a joke somewhere that once TSN announced a trade you could switch it over to Sportsnet and watch for Kypreos' blackberry to go off as he was getting his TSN text trade alert

Gillis (Canucks GM) said that the talk on sportsnet of him being close to getting Jay Bouwmeester was completely false. He said he talked to the Florida GM at 6am pacific and asked what it would take, supposedly he wanted Hodgson, and Gillis said no thanks and that was the end of it

Back