time to post my CFL for 2015

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I love this time of year.. pouring through my cfb information and getting ready and watching cfl.

I tend to use teasers in this league and to start with, I am doing it again

3 team 10 pter
Toronto 17.5
Edmonton/Toronto under 58.5
Winnipeg/Sasky over 38.5

For those that don't follow the sport, there are quite a few rule changes that are going to increase scoring this year .. illegal contact penalty expansion, delay of release for punting team blockers will create space, change of locale for extra pts and two pt conversions making it only feasible to kick the extra pt from a math perspective if the point is of significance (such as break a tie), faster setting of the ball ready to play and I think one I am forgetting too. Not sure yet just how much this will increase scoring but I believe virtually every team in the league will score more pts than they did last year. The punt returns alone make this so.

Anyway, pretty big downgrade at qb to start the year for the Argos but it looks like they have shored up their defense quite a bit. I think they force the pace they are going to want at home and just try to keep it close for the fourth qtr. The last couple games they played had scoring beyond the yards, the last one revolving around a sequence of TD, KO return for TD of 107 yards, fumbled away KO return for field position and an eventual TD. That sort of skewed the scoring to look higher than the game actually played. I think Toronto uses its depth at RB to maybe call a few more run plays than normal early (1h under was worth a look too) without Ray back there calling the shots. Not scared of Reilly ( who also had a 24 yard td run in that game, ridic ).

good luck

clown at 1 I like CALGARY-6 but the last 2 games CALGARY looked like trash and now TOR is getting +7.5 bad line and the public follows becuase they think CAL GARY is do well when they say a team is do thats means that team has big time problems gl

I just like the upgrades toronto has made more than anything and think they can make a run at it this year. Gonna back while I think I am ahead of perception. Not a fade of Calgary in my case. Hate not having the extra half pt but at least it matters a little less in cfl, especially with new two pt starting field position

Gl D8

Best result possible i guess. They lose which should keep the value coming. One bad stretch in the second qtr .. otherwise they looked pretty good, again.

3-3

Edmonton -3
Edmonton/Ottawa Over 47.5
Sasky -3 extra juice
BC/Sasky over 52

Faves and overs ! Wheee

"The Victim mindset dilutes human potential. By not accepting personal responsibility for our circumstances, we greatly reduce our power to change them."

I had no idea dudleysdad was so profound...

Good luck VK.

You don't become subdeacon without a little philosophical contemplation. I prefer his quote on TCU and their 42-3 win over Ole Miss in the bowl but it was time for a change and since I got rid of my Milton Friedman avatar, I had to get a quality quote in.

Hey cc, wondering why you like a 3rd string qb against the #1 d? I can maybe kinda see a back door cover with such a big spread, but I'm leaning under myself. Thoughts?

Hey cc, wondering why you like a 3rd string qb against the #1 d? I can maybe kinda see a back door cover with such a big spread, but I'm leaning under myself. Thoughts?

Well, to start with ... I thought Glenn was awful. But really, I am a believer in B Smith dating back to when he was in college. His skill set seems to translate well for CFL play as well. I think Sasky is also in need of a spark which he could provide. I also think the supporting cast of Sasky has has proven themselves. They are leading the league in ypg. pass yds per game and rush yards per game. EDM been making hay with their pass rush but the Sask oline is tough and Smith is not easy to corral. In fact, I think his running around could tire EDM late which could lead to a late surge from Sasky even if they are behind. While they haven't really lit up the scoreboard consistently, I think (correct me if I am wrong) that they have cleared 20 every time. They are better than their record indicates and the 14 pts or so per game that EDM is giving up has been a bit fortunate and weather related to boot.

Ohh I agree with the clown
He is not a bad player.
Fits for the cfl game
Not to sidetrack Kyle's thread, but the one guy I always thought could have been a stud in the CFL was Collin Klein. Not sure why he never got a legitimate shot.

Not to sidetrack Kyle's thread, but the one guy I always thought could have been a stud in the CFL was Collin Klein. Not sure why he never got a legitimate shot.
Maybe he didn't want one.. Lot of guys out there seem to not wanna give the cfl a go

Klein would be a good fit for the cfl game.

But Dudley is right, a lot of guys would rather try new positions than go to the CFL for some reason. I think CFL gets a bad wrap. Don't get me wrong, they are not the NFL, but they play hard and have skill. Game is different but enjoyable.

Can you imagine trying to stop Klein on third and two with CFL line of scrimmage rules? Would be VERY hard to do.

I know a guy who had a very successful year in the CFL last year. It's unfortunate that the NFL starts so much later than the CFL. He basically had to decide if he wanted to play in the CFL again or try to make an NFL roster. He is selling out to try to get back to the NFL. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to work out for him. He's still fairly young and I'll be interested to see if he's back in the CFL again in 2016 or even later this season. He plays defense and his game suits the CFL a lot more. It probably wouldn't matter if I said his name but I'm just paranoid b/c it's a gambling forum. It's not like he gives me any gambling information or anything and I would never ask for any

Klein would be a good fit for the cfl game.

But Dudley is right, a lot of guys would rather try new positions than go to the CFL for some reason. I think CFL gets a bad wrap. Don't get me wrong, they are not the NFL, but they play hard and have skill. Game is different but enjoyable.
The obvious reason: it's not the NFL. Too much of a blow to the ego. At the same time, if you want to play professional football for a living, your options are kind of limited. Better off being someone like Cam Wake or Duron Carter and make a name for yourself, than being on a practice squad where no scouts see you in action.

I know a guy who had a very successful year in the CFL last year. It's unfortunate that the NFL starts so much later than the CFL. He basically had to decide if he wanted to play in the CFL again or try to make an NFL roster. He is selling out to try to get back to the NFL. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to work out for him. He's still fairly young and I'll be interested to see if he's back in the CFL again in 2016 or even later this season. He plays defense and his game suits the CFL a lot more. It probably wouldn't matter if I said his name but I'm just paranoid b/c it's a gambling forum. It's not like he gives me any gambling information or anything and I would never ask for any

don't make me investigate

One thing I have noticed is the cfl can't find qbs.
Lulay is awful
Same for Nichols who we will see tonight
U have an elderly man still in the league... Henry Burriss

The obvious reason: it's not the NFL. Too much of a blow to the ego. At the same time, if you want to play professional football for a living, your options are kind of limited. Better off being someone like Cam Wake or Duron Carter and make a name for yourself, than being on a practice squad where no scouts see you in action.

agree

Back