time to post my CFL for 2015

Hard to imagine smith plays a better half in the second than that one. sasky in trouble. the oline was dominated ... gave up pressure all half and the holding penalties (mostly legit) were killers

Bad bets yesterday. Wheels fell off in the second half after the pick six ... team quit. Sasky wasted what appeared to be the one good half they would get out of Smith. Thought his arm strength looked weak and thought he fell into a trap of looking short too often, save scramble and throw it up for grabs. Could see that timing of the snap of the ball was an issue all game, causing problems with offensive offside, movement from the line, difficulty getting off the ball for blocking assignments, issues with timing of how the routes worked off of one another because one of the receivers mistimed his run, etc. etc. ... seemed to cause a lot of problems for them but especially contributed on penalties that took back big plays. Seemed every time they got a big play into the scoring zone that it was reversed by penalty, almost all of which were, in fact, penalties that deserved to be called. Not complaining about officiating at all. EDM defense (not defence) outscored the Sasky offense.

Good luck Kyle. Montreal's been decent against the run, so without Jon Cornish in there, DB's will just be able to sit back in coverage on Mitchell.

I don't know whether to feel lucky or unlucky. 20-17 at halftime .... somehow 20-25 until the safety at the end. Unreal. That one hurt

15-15-1

Hamilton -3 -121
Hamilton/Argos under 55
Hamilton/Argos 1h under 27.5

Finally figured out a way for pts to get scored in this league.

I don't know whether to feel lucky or unlucky. 20-17 at halftime .... somehow 20-25 until the safety at the end. Unreal. That one hurt

Same here, but I was on the other side. I took Calg. -4.5 and under 47. After that 1st half, I figured I was toast. Then with a minute to play, I was ready to cash in both sides until the safety fucked me. Methinks the CFL is rigged as well...

Time for my first football player rant of the year.

So let me get this straight Mr Cato .... You will throw against your body across the field with a floater while in the scoring zone for an easy interception.... you will not throw to wide open men breaking free near the endzone..... you will throw the ball to the middle of the field when your wr is running a sideline pattern and somehow manage to float the ball while giving your wr no chance to make a play on the ball .... BUT .... BUT ..... on third down and 17 at the end of the game when a failure will bring knees, you won't force the ball? Nope, you will actually run the ball ....

Ok rant over

20-17-1

lol, just f'kin' brutal man....2 red zone picks and that punt return TD taken away....easy blowout blown, lol....gl VK

Thanks, bum

Going with a teaser to close out the week

20-17-1

10 pt teaser -120
Argos Pick
Argos/Sasky over 38.5
Winnipeg/Hamilton under 63

Toronto had no business winning that football game. But I will take it .. please play defense tomorrow.

Probably a good idea to fade the Alouettes for a while...

The Montreal Gazette's Herb Zurkowsky says more and more players are privately criticizing the preferential treatment given to Sam, the poster boy. He's become a distraction.

Sam walked out on the team during training camp (for "personal reasons," he said), returning two weeks later. But what is bothering his teammates is that he's been drawing a full salary -- $100,000 -- even when he hasn't been in the lineup. So while he wasn't playing, the Alouettes should have placed him on the practice squad, but instead kept him on the 46-man active roster, ensuring a full payday.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/08/sams-100k-salary-raises-eyebrows

Some of the Als’ problems specifically concern Sam. When he was allowed to return, and once the regular-season began, Sam immediately went on the team’s 46-man roster. So, while he hasn’t dressed for games, Sam has collected his game cheque on a weekly basis – still having failed to prove anything.

He should have been placed on the practice roster instead, but the organization has completely mishandled the scenario and Sam has become a distraction. He doesn’t play on special teams and isn’t considered competent. Privately, more and more players are criticizing the preferential treatment he has received.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/the-snap-so-what-was-all-the-fuss-about-with-sam

Thanks for the post. I have a feeling the distraction aspect is why he didn't make the Rams roster despite having arguably the best preseason of any of their draft picks. It's one of the reasons Ray Rice is being black balled.

That distraction is magnified by ten if the guy doesn't have support of his teammates. I am somewhat surprised the other players found out about his pay checks.

I just can't get over Cato not forcing a pass up for grabs on third and 17. That was ten times more Yag than Sam is.

BTW .... Sam didn't look to be in shape compared to his college days and nfl preseason days when I saw him. On one play, chasing the QB to the sideline he seemed to tire midplay.

I can't believe he's making 100K, when the league average is probably in the neighbourhood of 60K. That, right there, would be enough to seriously piss me off if I were on the team, because odds are he's not even on the team if not for who he is. Plus, everyone knows the reason he walked off was because he was breaking up with his boyfriend (and still getting paid for some odd reason), so won't be surprising if he's cut within the next few weeks.

BTW .... Sam didn't look to be in shape compared to his college days and nfl preseason days when I saw him. On one play, chasing the QB to the sideline he seemed to tire midplay.
Sam looks fat and slow. No explosiveness coming off the edge. Cut him.
I still am not over the Montreal loss the other night.
Cato makes two bone headed throws in FG range that were picked. I love how announcers say that was a rookie mistake throwing across his body. Cato has been playing qb for probably 12 yrs and most likely was told by coaches 12 yrs ago u don't throw across ur body back into the middle of the field. It's picked 90% of the time...

Sam looks fat and slow. No explosiveness coming off the edge. Cut him.
I still am not over the Montreal loss the other night.
Cato makes two bone headed throws in FG range that were picked. I love how announcers say that was a rookie mistake throwing across his body. Cato has been playing qb for probably 12 yrs and most likely was told by coaches 12 yrs ago u don't throw across ur body back into the middle of the field. It's picked 90% of the time...

running out of bounds on third and 17 was even worse.

21-17-1

I hate to do this after the discussion Hugh and I just had but ...

Montreal Pick

In addition to the Montreal Pick, adding in over 44.5 for that game. I basically feel that Montreal just keeps leaving pts off the board. I suppose some of that could be their personality this year, possibly ... but I think it is more likely they have been getting unfortunate. The Eskimos DL has been impressive but at least Cato has some good legs which he can run on whilst he makes his horrible decisions. I think he pans out as a really good QB in this league but it will take him a while to get my trust back after last week.

running out of bounds on third and 17 was even worse.
No that's not even close to worse
The game was over. Yes he could have thrown it up for grabs but be real. Game was over
The two picks cost them 6 pts. Two chip shot fgs.

I think he pans out as a really good QB in this league but it will take him a while to get my trust back after last week.

The Als got one over on Calgary in week two - in Cato's first career start. The Stamps didn't see him coming and he blindsided them, winning SU as the 9.5-point underdog. The Als went on to cover the next three games. But in that situation they were in last week - coming off four consecutive ATS wins, and playing on the road as the short favorite versus a team with two weeks to prepare (and four games worth of Cato tape to study).. that was a rough situation to try to pick up a win. Last week was just a bad situation.

21-19-1

Winnipeg +5
Winnipeg/Argos over 48

austinhous .. I don't think the opposing defense was the problem there. They moved the ball up and down the field. He was 20 of 31 and 303 .. he just made some really bad choices and some really bad throws in the scoring zone. They should have scored a lot more. I think it was all on Cato there and less much to do with Redblacks defense. In fact, I think Montreal was clearly superior in that game even though the stats were pretty even ... if the breaks fell the other way, it is a blowout. BUT .. as I ranted .. Cato did make some horrible decisions. scrambles out of bounds on third and 17 to knees. Amazing.

Back