Thursday TNT 01/24/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 1/24[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 1/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Offline[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Offline[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Offline[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Orlando Magic[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 1/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+1 1.877[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 188 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Boston Celtics[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-1 2.030[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 188 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 1/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Knicks ml - revenge spot for loss earlier at msg, team should be fired up coming off a tough home loss to bk and the whole kg low life comment he made to melo. Celts playing terrible ball w doc threatening to shake things up - not good when facing an angry/more talented team

gmzwp.jpg

cheerios...The Sequel

Toronto 3 - 0 SU against Orlando. Orlando have the perfect chance for a revenge. Off a rest and two days rest after this game, but Toronto appears to have Magic's number and getting 4 points. Leaning Toronto, but will probably skip.

Suns very obvious play to me. Clips really handled Suns this season so far, so even without CP3, I just doubt how much motivated they will be here.
Hunter was one of my most favorite players in the league. Just love his type of players and I think he will be really good coach.
Road win and three good quarters on defense are the right start. See no reason for a blowout here, though Clips can run Suns out of the building.

If Boston wouldn't have been off four games losing streak, including two home games, would have been on Knicks no doubt.
But Knicks as favorites in Boston, where they lost 13 games in a row and face proud and bleeding team? No way it is the right number.
Thinking between Boston and Over here.
Both teams off a rest and both are capable of putting 95+ points on the board.

Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat had the game ball tucked under his jersey, and before heading into the locker room to celebrate, he approached an official at the scorer's table.
"I'm keeping the ball, so fine me for it, or send me a bill," Gortat said with a wry smile.

:)

The Knicks are not more talented than the celtics.

dont simply take the Knicks bc Garnett said Lala tastes like honey nut Cheerios lol

dont simply take the Knicks bc Garnett said Lala tastes like honey nut Cheerios lol

no ur rite the celts might be more talented

i completely over looked the fact that they are hovering around 500 with the coach and gm openly talking about blowing things up and rebuilding for the future

Meanwhile the knicks are jus sitting atop of their division waiting for felton to come back on the wknd working amare and shump back into the squad seamlessly

Melo, felton, chandler, smith, amare ya man they aint got shit on the celtics LOL!!!!

Pls tell me you are not serious? At this time the Knicks are the more talented team without question! That being said Boston may win tonight, but they are not the more talented of the 2.

Tonight vs Knicks, tomorrow at Atlanta, Sunday vs Miami. I honestly think that if the celtics don't win 2 of these games ainge will start looking to make real moves. If they make it to the playoffs Boston will be tough, but the thing is there are a LOT of signs that this team may not have it in them to buckle down and start winning enough regular season games to even get there.

You guys cannot overlook the fact that the celtics half ass most of their games. They just dont give a shit about a lot of their games. The team is still championship caliber and flies under the radar until the games matter. I don't have time right now to type up the rosters but I look at both teams, the celtics hands down have more talent. That is what I said. Doesn't mean they are playing better right now but I don't believe the Knicks have better players.

The Knicks in terms of winning talent.... have almost none besides Kidd and Chandler. They've lost 7 of 10 or something like that. You guys and this Knicks love. Lets see them win a playoff series. Celtics have been in tank mode and have a boat load of new pieces. They would beat NYK in a playoff matchup pretty easily. You can LOL all you want but Knicks couldn't compete with Miami last year and Celts almost did. Melo is still not an effective basketball player. Amare blows. Novak can't dribble and JR Smith makes 2 mill a year because he sucks way more than when he's good.

Knicks no shot at winning a playoff series. Too 3 ball oriented, and when teams take it away its a Melo ball hog athon.

Revenge by NY or Melo? Because the best player in this game is Rondo with no one on NY who can check him. Might have to bet on Celtics just because Melo revenge factor. No way it could possibly help his team.

WOW

Everyone is on the Knicks today... Don't bet with the public

KG over Melo today

You guys cannot overlook the fact that the celtics half ass most of their games. They just dont give a shit about a lot of their games. The team is still championship caliber and flies under the radar until the games matter. I don't have time right now to type up the rosters but I look at both teams, the celtics hands down have more talent. That is what I said. Doesn't mean they are playing better right now but I don't believe the Knicks have better players.
You and I must not be watching the same team, because the team I watch has a) trouble getting up and down the floor, not because they're lazy, but because they're both slow and old, b) has no interior presence, not because they're being outhustled, but because they lack both size and strength, c) has trouble scoring most nights because, with the exceptions of an aging Paul Pierce and an aging Jason Terry, have no outside shooting, and d) are outclassed on most nights not because they, as you put it, "half ass most of their games", but because the talent is not there anymore.

Agree with under in Phx. They played well defensively in the 2H last night and as mentioned yesterday coach is focused on improving D. Series between these 2 has been all unders and see no reason to think differently tonight.
Starters all played reasonable minutes last night so not worried about b2b

Yeah this game is fishy as all hell.

BTW the Celtics finished the 2010 season 27-27, .500. They basically were Stern'd out of an NBA championship that year and lost to LA in 7.

This team still has a much higher ceiling than NYK which has some of the ALL time worst playoff players on their roster.

Small play on Suns plus 6.5. Also teased to Baltimore on 7 point teasers.
Reasoning---Suns are playing on better rest unlike the first 2
Suns have covered their last 3 b-b games
seem to see RLM here
New coach angle usually goes pass one game
Clippers were reaally supposed to show up at home vs OKC and are currently 3-5 ATS last 8 games
Probably more gambling then anything else.

Knicks hold on with Boston handing them the game. Once that game got "close", Knicks went into playoff isolation mode and couldn't score. But Jason Terry can be thanked exclusively yet again for another Boston loss.

Back