Thursday MLB Discussion

oakland leaves them loaded, not surprised..

2 pop outs from frank thomas (2nd 3rd 1 out on the first pitch) and emil brown

crazy play at home on wild pitch...

gerut crashes into shouse, ball falls out but gerut never touched home plate according to umpire... gerut walks to dugout even though the ball is a few feet from shouse and then shouse tags him out

Nice hit on our under 1st half in Daygo SN and ATP....just got back.

Glad you posted that 1st half under. I was a little hesistant at 1st cause of the 3.5. Normally I would take a 1st half under almost always but I also like the under for the full game. Congrats. :cheers:

Saw this MISmanagement from TOR before cant say exactly when(recently).

I'd say it happened as recent as last night. Jays up 4-0. Frasor pitched two solid innings. They bring in the lefty Downs to face 3 right-handed batters. Not to mention the fact that Downs had pitched both of the previous two nights. So Downs walks Polanco and a single to Ordonez before slipping and twisting his ankle. There was no reason to bring him in. It cost them their best relief pitcher this season, and it just about cost them the game too.

I'd say it happened as recent as last night. Jays up 4-0. Frasor pitched two solid innings. They bring in the lefty Downs to face 3 right-handed batters. Not to mention the fact that Downs had pitched both of the previous two nights. So Downs walks Polanco and a single to Ordonez before slipping and twisting his ankle. There was no reason to bring him in. It cost them their best relief pitcher this season, and it just about cost them the game too.

Actually thats a very good point . I sort of missed that . The game I was thinking of was a time he brought Scott Camp in . Have to look at Camps Game Log it will come to me. So I guess your stuck with a manager as well who doesnt have commonsense...know your pain ...

Actually thats a very good point . I sort of missed that . The game I was thinking of was a time he brought Scott Camp in . Have to look at Camps Game Log it will come to me. So I guess your stuck with a manager as well who doesnt have commonsense...know your pain ...

Gaston's not so bad. Better than still having Gibbons around. I like to rationalize that it was the idiot, Riccardi that made that call (even though I'm pretty sure it was Cito himself).

It also might have been Gibbons that I was thinking of . My heads stuck firmly in my ass at the moment . Sort of mesmerized by the games. I like Gaston as well although havent paid that much attention to them day to day . I know they have won with him and that lineup is close to what you would expect in a amateur summer league ...

Cito is kool by me ....

Alright we got Bro ! Thanks for the update ...

SD wins 3-2 ...guess a RUN @ SD is worth more then 2 to 1 ....

Lets go OAK !

Nice hit on the SD ML guys...Had it parlayed with Houston and Detroit feel lucky to have pulled it out....Hoffman making every game interesting these days

Rex: Not sure how Iassonga can be a cluuber of any sort, in 25 games he has called 12 over & 13 under. regardless of ball/strikes called & scores of games the guy is nuetral imo.

I had a big parlay too.

I didnt post it, but it won. So ill post it now.

anyways, theyve sucked me into over 11 in the balty game.... thats all im playing tonight i think. had detroit earlier, guess i got kind of lucky there.

over is 5-1 last 6 between the two... cleveland only put up 1 run last night, almost equivalent to them getting shutout so you can figure them to have a much better output tonight

pretty convincing stats from gamehunters thread as well:

"Baltimore has gone 67 games without posting consecutive Under results. They are 44-19-4 to Over during this period, and are 16-0-2 to Over off their last 18 Under results"

Not too shabby. With jackson in his first MLB start since 2006, a guy who has not had much success even in triple A ball, i think ill take the over tonight.

DC had a lot of struggles earlier in the season keeping the ball down and was leaving it up in the zone for hitters to pummel giving up a lot of hard hit balls. He's improving but still reverts back to it from time to time (seattle game).... and has also improved on his control/walks but with hudsons low K rate may get him into trouble tonight

wasnt a big parlay it was for fun smart ass

<TABLE width=650><TBODY><TR><TD>Wager Type:</TD><TD>Parlay (3 team)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wager Status:</TD><TD>Win</TD></TR><TR><TD>Risk / To Win Amount:</TD><TD>$34.93 / $139.92 (USD) Accepted 8/14/2008 4:26 AM - EST</TD></TR><TR><TD>Amount Paid: </TD><TD>174.85</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Item #1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wager Type:</TD><TD>Money Line</TD></TR><TR><TD>Outcome:</TD><TD>Win</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sport / Period:</TD><TD>MLB Baseball / Game </TD></TR><TR><TD>Line:
</TD><TD>Houston Astros 8/14/2008 2:05 PM - (EST)
-158</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pitchers:</TD><TD>K Correia -R - Action B Moehler -R - Action</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Item #2</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wager Type:</TD><TD>Money Line</TD></TR><TR><TD>Outcome:</TD><TD>Win</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sport / Period:</TD><TD>MLB Baseball / Game </TD></TR><TR><TD>Line:
</TD><TD>San Diego Padres 8/14/2008 3:35 PM - (EST)
-108</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pitchers:</TD><TD>B Sheets -R - Action J Peavy -R - Action</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Item #3</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wager Type:</TD><TD>Money Line</TD></TR><TR><TD>Outcome:</TD><TD>Win</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sport / Period:</TD><TD>MLB Baseball / Game </TD></TR><TR><TD>Line:
</TD><TD>Detroit Tigers 8/14/2008 1:05 PM - (EST)
-169</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pitchers:</TD><TD>J Litsch -R - Action A Galarraga -R - Action</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ziegler allowed his first runs in the season after 122 at bats.

Great accomplishment.

Come on Rays.

TB Leads 5-4 now OAK WIN it or GO HOME...+1/5 more important then ML to me ...gladly take both but wont I know whats important !:cheers:

fuck oakland tied, i have them money line and +1.5 but cant afford to lose both at this point

fuck oakland tied, i have them money line and +1.5 but cant afford to lose both at this point

Same here . Except have them to complete 1 4 team parlay and in another as WIN #3 with one to play . Since the OAK wagers would cancel thats why I am focusing on +1.5.

Good thing is TB pen is getting thin. GL 2 us !:cheers::shake:

only hammel and miller left in tb pen i think, oakland needs to get this over now before tb lineup turns over again

Hard to pass on Boston at this point . Playing them -1,5 but think we could see an UNDER here . Yesterday 8thinnmeltdown gave the over but Texas L 5 games 9 9 8 19 8 or something like that. Like Madrigal as a long reliever ...DiceK shaky on normal rest whuch is he here but also just 1 bad inning since his DL retrun. Notgood history vs TExas ...thinking Boston -1.5 and maybe small ML on Texas to ..has to be either or..lean UND..

Think 11 is way to high @ CLE ....UNDER and small stab on BALT

Think Cincy and over but another small stab at each....:cheers:

Back