Thursday MLB Discussion

curtesy of blankets

Reported on Sportscenter:

Just a little heads up that Josh Hamilton (Texas) will not be in the lineup for Thursday's game, because his wife is expected to give birth he is heading back home to be with her.

Orioles/Indians Over 10,5 -111
I totally agree with you on this one.

Phillies +125
Phillies lost yesterdays game in last ininngs. They lead whole game 6-4 and lost at the end, but still they are fighting for the playoffs (Dodgers too) and they will try to win this won for sure. Myers numbers on the road looks bad, but in last three starts he has posted ERA 1,31 with whip 0,726. Pirates at home (7,7 inns, 1 run and 5 hits) and two away games vs Cardinals (6 IP, 2 runs, 4 hits) and Natioanal (7 IP, 1 run). In these three starts he has only 2BB and one HR allowed, what I think is very solid. MYERS is 3-1 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 2.80 and a WHIP of 1.119.
On other side Kuroda is good at home. In last three starts he has ERA 4,26 and he played two times vs Giants and one time vs Arizona.

Padres -106
I will go with Peavy here, he si too dominant at home. ERA 1,43 at home games...

Good Luck to all! :cheers:

any thoughts on the dodgers-phillies, has been a great seesaw battle, come from behinds and all, think the dodgers can sweep and claim first?

thoughts?
thanks in advance

Anyone else looking at the under 6.5 in sheets/peevy? I doubt I'll be able to go through with but I don't see these guys scoring over 4-5 runs.

Starting to think a first half bet on the phi might be in order again today.

any thoughts on the dodgers-phillies, has been a great seesaw battle, come from behinds and all, think the dodgers can sweep and claim first?

thoughts?
thanks in advance

Philly getting swept & SD winning would set up Philly beautifully for their SD weekend series (esp. the Sunday nighter, Baek vs Hamels).

won't be betting either game, but I've telegraphed what I see as setting up future bets.

Philly getting swept & SD winning would set up Philly beautifully for their SD weekend series (esp. the Sunday nighter, Baek vs Hamels).

won't be betting either game, but I've telegraphed what I see as setting up future bets.

I've been on the Dodgers the last 3 games, and have been thinking the same way about this whole West Coast trip, Dodgers kick their ass, then Phils sweep out the trash against the Padres.

Dodgers again for me today. Myers has been solid since his return, but it's not as impressive when you realize it was against Ptii, Wash, and to an extent St Louis.

Litsch in his last 5 has given up 6,6,1,6,4. His 1 ER was against Seattle. Galarraga has been good at home. Detroit is hitting .297 at home vs righties while Toronto is .255. Detroit hasn't been swept at home since the first 2 series of the year. Detroit at home avoiding the sweep today....

Anyone have a White Sox/Royals line yet for this afternoon's game?

Lance Broadway is going to start today for the White Sox - he's had some limited major league experience, some of that was good, but came in meaningless September games for Chicago last season.

Chicago has had some difficulty of late in finishing off/sweeping teams - last two times, they had Detroit on the ropes, and lost Game 3 of the series.

Thoughts (and a line) on today's game and total?

ansas City (Davies) at Chicago (A) (Broadway) [more] Aug 14 2:05 pm
Kansas City

+124 $4,320
Chicago (A)

-167 $3,737

Think different circumstances . LAA was returning home from a EAST Coast trip with no rest . Played Balt on Monday off two losses and lead throughout but almost blew it. Think 2nd home is always a nice flat spot for a team especially off a win back from a long trip. Also LAA struggled against another new LHP when Matt Harrison made his debut vs them. So it just asnt Waters

SN,

Another very "Astute" observation by you about Bal/Waters. The ten game road trip took it's toll in that second game becasue this pitcher was a fill in for the one they wanted to call up. For Waters to throw an eight inning one hitter at the LAA was catching them at jsut the right time. He was given another chance on Sunday and the results speak for themselves. Another reason that final scores can be very misleading unless you some insight into the games like you do. With all the research you do, you would have made a VERY good attorney! It is also easy to see that you would be a great stock adviser, because you have facts to back you up!

As Jimmy Connor said in an old commercial, "I want that man on my team!
:smiley_acbe:

Anyone like CWS to keep the pressure on MN by getting the sweep today? I think Oz has his troops ready to step on KC's throats after that testy series 2 weeks ago. Plus they get Quentin back today and Broadway saw the Royal bats last year in September to the tune of 2 hits in 6 innings.

Litsch is a very effective day pitcher... Galaraga has been having 5-6th inning woes as of late letting 2-3 men on base and being bailed out...or not. I have a heavy lean for the 1st 5 under here..

Litsch also is a location pitcher.. when this guy is on, he is very very difficult as he catches all his corners. I know he got lit his last starts before hitting the minors, but he can hit the corners like no other and walks hardly anybody. If detroit is going to get on base, it's going to have to be through hitting.. cant recall if they have a good day offense, can someone remind me? Thanks.

SportsNut (or anyone looking at the GIANTS-STROS game):

The Giants won't have Holm behind the plate, as he was sent down yesterday....along with John Bowker and Jose Castillo. The Giants have brought up 3 minor leaguers (1B Travis Ishigawa, 3B Ryan Rohlinger and C Pablo Sandoval) with the hopes of getting an offensive spark. The most notable of the 3 is Ishigawa who's described as a "smooth defensive first baseman" that's been tearing it up offensively in the minors.

Litsch also is a location pitcher.. when this guy is on, he is very very difficult as he catches all his corners. I know he got lit his last starts before hitting the minors, but he can hit the corners like no other and walks hardly anybody. If detroit is going to get on base, it's going to have to be through hitting.. cant recall if they have a good day offense, can someone remind me? Thanks.

He wont be catching corners with Reynolds bhp. I like Toronto and over.

I'm on Toronto +1.5. Like Wells back in the lineup. Det bottom of the order sucks balls. Lot of people think Det doesn't get swept. Lot of chasers today.

anything on the detroit kc total guys, wondering if broadway can shut them down again.

SportsNut (or anyone looking at the GIANTS-STROS game):

The Giants won't have Holm behind the plate, as he was sent down yesterday....along with John Bowker and Jose Castillo. The Giants have brought up 3 minor leaguers (1B Travis Ishigawa, 3B Ryan Rohlinger and C Pablo Sandoval) with the hopes of getting an offensive spark. The most notable of the 3 is Ishigawa who's described as a "smooth defensive first baseman" that's been tearing it up offensively in the minors.

great info, thanks. :shake:

Clubber in Chicago, ontime... UNDER 10 +110 for me... Hold my nose bet. But Royals have generated next to nothing offensively as of late.

San Francisco
AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
D. Roberts lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .244
E. Velez 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .210
R. Winn rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .293
A. Rowand cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .287
P. Sandoval c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
T. Ishikawa 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
R. Rohlinger 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250
I. Ochoa ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .269
K. Correia p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .176
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Houston
AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
D. Erstad cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
T. Wigginton lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .285
M. Tejada ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .287
L. Berkman 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .331
G. Blum 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .237
H. Pence rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .268
D. Newhan 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .189
H. Quintero c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .236
B. Moehler p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .033
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hey TSizzle , thanks bro ! Much appreciated. Saw the headline late last night when I was going through shit that they sent down some players and cut Castillo guess I was to lazy to click on it .

Really have to look at this game as I have no clue about the youngsters . Bowker came up on fire and after a couple weeks really cooled off ...like a Kevin Maas "Jr" without the HR heroics....

Some Lance Broadway INFO:

<TABLE class=dataTableClass id=table_1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=titleRow><TD colSpan=11>Last 10 Games: (Current team only)</TD></TR><TR class=headerRow><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Date</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">OPP</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">W</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">L</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">ERA</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">SV</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">IP</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">H</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">ER</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">BB</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">SO</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jun 17</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>@RIC</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>9.00</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>8</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>2</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_0 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jun 22</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>LHV</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>0.00</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>8</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_1 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jun 27</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>@RIC</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>6.00</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>9</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 02</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>@DUR</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>10.38</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4.1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>9</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>2</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 07</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>ROC</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>4.50</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>9</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>3</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_4 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 12</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>RIC</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>14.40</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>8</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>8</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_5 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 20</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>@LOU</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>10.80</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_6 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 25</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>BUF</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>4.50</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>3</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_7 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Jul 30</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>LOU</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>11.25</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>10</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_8 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Aug 04</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle>@SYR</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>4.76</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5.2</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>5</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>3</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_9 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow highlightRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 45px" align=right>Totals</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 70px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>4</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>3</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>7.27</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>52.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>76</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>42</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>20</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_10 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>45</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=dataTableClass id=table_2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class="dataRow even"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 120px" align=left>vs Left</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>5.93</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 24px" align=middle>74.1</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>95</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>56</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>49</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>17</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>28</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>55</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 36px" align=middle>1.48</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_2 style="WIDTH: 24px" align=middle>.317</TD></TR><TR class="dataRow odd"><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 120px" align=left>vs Right</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 33px" align=middle>3.23</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle></TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 24px" align=middle>64.0</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>65</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>28</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>23</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>6</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>15</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 20px" align=middle>41</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 36px" align=middle>1.72</TD><TD class=dataCell id=cell_3 style="WIDTH: 24px" align=middle>.266</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

One ML career start last season vs KC in which he went 6scoreless innings allowing 2 hits with 2bbs and 8 Ks.

Hard to get a read on the kid even in 2007 he was not that good at AAA and this year he really regressed.

Last start 8/4 in AAA then 1/3 of an inning on 8/11 vs Boston so not much work of late and wonder how he responds to that ?

Even he said whole different scenario now then last year when he started vs KC . No pressure of a late Sept start vs two teams playing out of the season while Sox in the thick of a playoff race now...

I recall the WSox having some explosive offensive outputs in Day games midweek this year and wondering if that again is duplicated . You know the offense wants to get him some early runs so he can relax.

Will be playing the 1st Inn with there be a SCORE Prop = YES here . Hope Broadway is abit off with the long layoff in bewteen starts , KC off consecutive shutouts , and Broadway is a youngster while as I said WSox who have hity Davies when they faced him will look to get some early runs for him IMO.

DeJEsus is OUT but Maier is LH , did go 5-11 vs Wsox last series and is 9-24 in day games so far but has yet to record an XBH. Of thetop 7 hitters 5 are LH with Guillen and Butler from the RH side in the middle..

Davies kina of a mystery has never really been smoked so far outside of @ BAlt which was his last road start awahile back. He was very good @ NYY and @ STL when first called up. He has two medicore starts vs Chi who is 16-47 vs him career .

Of note Davies best start was with Iassagona behind the dish @ STL but hate using IL play as you know for pluses for the AL but also last year @ Texas Davies was solid with Iassagona behind the dish 5inn 3 h 2 r 1 er 4bb 5K ...7inn 5h 1 r 3bb 4k in 08 @ STL

KC 5-0 L5 Thursdays vs WSox 0-4 L4 Thursdays

Neither team does well with this UMP 5-12 Chicago and 7-17 KC

UND 16-5-1 L22 Thursdays KC and 13-4 UND L17 as dogs

11-5 UND THursdays KC and 10-5 UND Thursdays WSox

Torn on this game as KC has REALLY struggled vs RHSP of late but this is a good matchup for them...

KC 9-2 UND vs RHSP since the blowout home loss to DET and past 12 games vs RHSP scored more then 4 twice ...vs Baker in xtra innings aided by the Twins defense to get 5 and 6 vs Sonnastine at home with some late runs in the 7th....

Might play KC 1st 5 innings...not sure ....:cheers:

I've read up a little more about these 3.....Sandoval is actually supposed to be the best power hitting prospect of the 3. He's a switch hitting power bat with talent. Rohlinger came up yesterday and had an RBI double, but was shaky on defense with a couple of errors at 3rd. Ishigawa is a (bats lefty) (msp?) was a former big prospect that cooled off, then supposedly "found god" a few months ago (I don't know if he ever smoked crack though) and has been tearing it up lately.

Sandoval actually plays first base as well....so I don't know how good he is behind the plate. With the Giant's #1 prospect (the draft pick outta FSU) as their future catcher, I'm assuming they're grooming Sandoval as the 1B of the future.

Well tried to play 1st 5 inn over and game over @ Houston but the damn online book was down for 10 minutes and missed it ....

Sandoval looks like he can play and remember the name now. Didnt like that he never played above AA though. Was only interested in the total but have nothing on this game at all .

Really only made small plays on KC 1st 5 ML and 1st INN score Prop...had it in earlier ...oh well...BOL

Hit that Prop to damn easy pissed though...SF 1st 2 guys on already and I couldnt get that over in or add to the 1st score prop...

Playing Arizona 1st to score Prop:

- Some momentum for the 9th rally IMO

- Drew 1/3 vs Rusch but a HR , Young hits 2nd 0-1 with 1bb vs Rusch (292 vLHP , but only .217 day ) , Conor JAckson hits 3rd 364 25bbs 11Ks and 307 day games , then Dunn 10-27 career vs Rusch double 6hrs (8Ks) 254 11Hrs in days games , Reynolds 0-2 @Ks but 271 9Hrs vs LHP ...so thinking if someone gets on good chance we can get an early run or two...

-Rusch did have 5 inn of shutour relief vs Zona earlier in 2008 though

Might also look at 1nn score Prop YES as well because not sure what to expect from Haren after two shaky outings. His DAY stats are tremendous but wondering how he feels lately after such a dominanting stretch......

Not sure on the side but it is tough to pass on ZONA as COL is 12-23 in day games and looks soft offensively ...Haren worries me some though:shake::cheers:

Going with SD/MIL under 6.5. Really no trends or stats to back this play up. Just think both pitchers will bring their A game and we see a pitchers duel.

Thinking along the same lines ATP.....but took the 1H under 3.5....hopefully we see a 2-0 final and we both hit.

Playing OAK ML & +1.5 RL. Leaning Over 7.5

Aug 12 RHP Sean Gallagher is set to start Thursday against the Rays. Gallagher's last turn was skipped because of right shoulder soreness, but he threw bullpen sessions on Sunday and Tuesday, and he is back to 100 percent

Not sure how much I believe Gallagher but he look sto be okay .

As I said last night Sheilds has allowed 5 Hrs in 2 starts vs TB. While his last outing looks real solid it seemed that after blowing a 3-0 lead with 2 out in the b5th Oak was drained of life and just went through the motions from the 6th on...

Hurt 6/12 2hrs
Gonzo 2/3 Hr

The rest not that impressive at 10-60 vs him but 2 doubles and 3 solo Hrs make up the rest ...so when they hit which is not often tends to be an XBH...

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=left><TD>Category</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>ERA</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>CG</TD><TD>SHO</TD><TD>SV</TD><TD>SVO</TD><TD>INN</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>HBP</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>IBB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>SB</TD><TD>CS</TD><TD>PK</TD><TD>BK</TD><TD>WP</TD><TD>AVG</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>Grass</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>5.64</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>59.0</TD><TD align=right>73</TD><TD align=right>39</TD><TD align=right>37</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>44</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>.299</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>Turf</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2.45</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>99.0</TD><TD align=right>79</TD><TD align=right>33</TD><TD align=right>27</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>81</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.219</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TB w/o Baldelli , Crawford and Longoria have Aybar hitting 5th who is 190 off RB which includes the 2 Hrs vs Dickey which I would say came off a knuckleballer not a RHer..Hinske wokeup yesterday ...Navarro is decent but Bartlett also sits...

Floyd , Aybar , Hinske , Navarro , Gross , Zobrist round out the TB lineup ...

The only thing that kinda scares me is the 3.5 number. Not a whole lot of margin for error but these two pitchers are close to the best. Was hoping to get 4 but no way we see that seeing as the total for the game is 6.5.

SN, how about the over 4 1H in Oakland and under 3.5 in Diego?

Would prefer the SD UNDER of the 2 mentioned . The TB-OAK pens are hittable and both SP can be tough so rather not hope we see 5 runs in te 1st 5 innings and take the extra 4 innings..:shake:

I've been tracking SD 1st half totals @ Petco since last year ATP and feel so confident that I'm putting a little bit more on this play as well

Trends ?

SD 15-6 UNDER at home when the total is 7 or less and 34-17 UNDER past 3 seasons:cheers:

LOL Thanks man. :shake:

I didn't even see that. I assumed the trends were solid involving SD unders. Purely a gut play and I have been doing pretty well with them.

I am simply amazed that Oak has so much trouble producing runs i can never play their overs to be honest

like oak as well, gallagher pitched well against tampa in tropicana with the cubs earlier this year. oakland hitters have had some limited success against shields, maybe not the average but the doubles + hrs. played tampa last night since they were +130, now roles are reversed? not much sense

Like OAK as well but no way in hell will I play that team with their shitty offense. TB offense looks very ordinary without Longoria, Crawford and Baldelli. No play for me. GL with the Oak play.

idiot managing by toronto

guy on 2nd 2 outs they pitch to cabrera - he singles... then they intentionally walk .220 sheffield to get to joyce who then walks, then renteria fps

toronto +1.5 and ml down the drain

Back