Thursday MLB Discussion

If I lose this Tor +1.5 I am going to go berzerk. Up on my play all game and now the bullpen is shitting themselves. FUCK.

Not that it matters now, but Frasor was very effective yesterday in 2 innings. I have no idea why they went back to him again today. They have several righties that would've done just fine...like Camp who they brought in 3 runs too late. :shake:

intentionally walk gary sheffield with 2 outs

you knew it was over when wells couldnt get rios home from 3rd with 1 out - always happens

Sorry ATP was firmly rooting against you here ....I alrady fucked up playing DET 1st 5 and getting blasted at 2 to 1 need the ML and RL to probably even it self out...

Not that it matters now, but Frasor was very effective yesterday in 2 innings. I have no idea why they went back to him again today. They have several righties that would've done just fine...like Camp who they brought in 3 runs too late. :shake:

Saw this MISmanagement from TOR before cant say exactly when(recently) . I so disgaree on Camp though bring him anytime even in his solid 2008 season. Thats why 4 game sweeps can be tough because managers and even players seem to lose that killer instinct and play lik ethey are up 3-0 rather then playing like they should IMO and manage as if it was them down 0-3...:shake:

Precisely the reason why I play mostly 1st 5 inning plays. At times I will stray away and tail some good posters on straight plays but for the most part I play 5 innings to avoid the disaster that just happened. What can you do. It happens.

Carlos Gonzalez Hrs 2-0 A's ....

HWG actually played some 1st 5 inn over after all . Looked to be getting steamed so said why not...

and on the UND @ SD with you guys and SD ML

DETs pen has probably cost me somethiong near 30 units in the past week or so...it aint over yet ...

Yeah but Todd Jones is the ring leader of that Detroit bullpen so that sucks for me. I think you should be ok. I normally don't go out of the box betting but I'm up about $500 on my guy this week. I was really confident in that SD under that I bet all of what I'm up this week. Definitely a big play for me. I don't mind losing the Tor RL.

Nice start in Oaktown SN, I actually laid off (figures) and just played the 1H under in SD. Feel like a new man after the Tigers scored those 5 to cash the RL. Had no business getting that game.

Yeah but Todd Jones is the ring leader of that Detroit bullpen so that sucks for me. I think you should be ok. I normally don't go out of the box betting but I'm up about $500 on my guy this week. I was really confident in that SD under that I bet all of what I'm up this week. Definitely a big play for me. I don't mind losing the Tor RL.

I am the opposite forcing some real big plays and well probably down 3 times what you were up and my units are about $40....Perfect example playing DET 1st 5 ML ...wash out instead of winning the game ML and RL....shit like that killing me all week....

Zumaya isnt far behind as he killed me twice . Lost 2 4 team parlays on the Swisher HR last week !! The walkoff and the when he blew this series up 4-2 ...Rodney got me a couple weeks back as well...

I actually looked and did know this going in( Up to late capping this shit ) but wasnt certain. League unavailable pitched 3 straight days and Downs left hurt last nite . Leaving really on Frasor and Carlson . Ryan to close with Scott Camp available as well and recently bumped Scott Richmond . Tough one to swallow but as I said needed that ...had 1st 5 under and game under as well but small....:shake:

Well already pushed the 1st 5 over as TB ties it 2 !:36_11_6:

Nice start in Oaktown SN, I actually laid off (figures) and just played the 1H under in SD. Feel like a new man after the Tigers scored those 5 to cash the RL. Had no business getting that game.

Really tough game either way @ DET . I dont feel that lucky that finally DET with that lineup finally got some clutch hits as they did it yesterday and almost pulled out a 4-0 game in the 9th. I would say Galarraga pitched like expected and allowed just 1 poorly timed solo HR . Big play stranding the runner at 3rd with 1 out which is when I knew my chances were still very good . had they scored it was probably game over but they captured some late momentum...Have to think Tor backers were grateful to get such a wonderful but unexpected outing from Litsch ...

1 out Triple and Wells and Stairs cant get him in he top of 8th was the key to the game . You give DET that feeling of like now we can this win this game . Like Satyr was saying on Monday when Danks was dealing vs beckett and suddenly 1st sign of trouble and he is losing ...just the way baseball works ...wish I had live betting ....:cheers:

Basically SD and Oak +1.5 real important and not far below are the UDNERS @ SD , Overs @ OAK and even OAK ML :shake:

CWS KC OVER is poo poo.. fuckin early games never get over for me and i rarely play em.. went with the ump angles on those ones

HAHA Good ol' Bobby. Yeah he blew his shares of saves too.

Being a former Yank always liked Wick . He certainly never missed a meal or was late for dinner though . Kinda just a throwback type guy you wont see much of in the future. Towards the end of his career he didnt have much left ....hung on for awhile ...Closing isnt easy takes a strong personality and good stuff on top of it ....

The state of bullpens is the worst it has ever been in baseball . You really have to wonder and it nevergets acknowledged if this is the area steroids changed the game the most . Everyone wants to talk HRs but the game was condusive to HR hitting it wasnt just steroids . You want along a time where a power hitter was high 20's to low 30 Hrs where its more like 40Hrs in today game....

Seems to only do well when he pitches every 5 days . The results are mind boggling when he has recieved an extra days rest . Not saying its only that because it was odd how bad he was so cant dismiss an injury . Like I said earlier before I bet Wash myself the Nats are just a bad team...now 1-11 in the 2ndH vs teams with winning records!

Not sure what is most ABSURD about this stat the number of shutouts so far in 2008 or there record -

Washington after being SHUTOUT is 2-15 with them off a shutout today making it the 18th time they have been shutout . Both times the Nats WON were with John Lannan at HOME...

They have also been shutout in B2B games 3 times !

Runs after a SHUTOUT
4 0 1 0 2 6 5 2 3 1 0 2 4 2 2 2 7

Both wins Lannan at home and were Nats SHUTOUTS 5-0 vs Owings and 2-0 vs Lilly .

2 runs or less {11times}
3 runs {once}
4runs {twice}
5runs{once}
6runs {once}
7runs {once}

Pretty Sad imo....

Nats at home vs LHSP have lost 7 straight and 11 of 12 (7-6 vs MILW when Parra started) . Which followed a 6-2 spurt vs LHSP after an 0-3 start vs them.

Which makes them 7-16 at home vs LHSP.

Bergmann on 6 days:
4/9 FLA
5/26 Milw
6/6 SF
6/12 @ Pitt
6/18 @ Minny
6/29 Balt
7/10 Zona
8/02 Cincy
today

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>2.20</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>41.0</TD><TD align=right>37</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>36</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.239</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So hard to not play the METS .

NYM 6-1 off a SHUTOUT
Nats 2-15 off being SHUTOUT
Nats 1-11 2nd H vs winning teams (from game 82 to 0n)
Nats 7-14 at home with 8 or 8.5totals
Nats L7 straight at home vs LHSP and 11 of 12 (7-16 all season at home v LHSP but a 6-2 spurt at one point)

CWS KC OVER is poo poo.. fuckin early games never get over for me and i rarely play em.. went with the ump angles on those ones

I played 1/2 unit on the over thinking off consecutive shutouts with some medicore SP we would see runs . Then as I dug deeper into started leaning UNDER 10 . My book site was down and couldnt get out of it or realize I actually had it in. Mostly pissed I didnt get to play HOUSTON over and 1st 5 over at ++ money was very nice......

Still alive just need 1 big inning ...push is fine with me:cheers:

That was insane @ Chi ....think it happened at LAD in the 9th no less few years back . Actually lost the game ...

Come on SD get a couple of runs ...

LOL! Love it.. just realized i bought up to OVER 10 for +105 so thanks Juan Uribe.. can go on to the 7pm games up 1/2 unit now..

Nice work ATP. Really should have more invested on that myself ...

Now big inning IMO for SD lets get on the board ...

Thanks SN. Having a nice day so far. Only two more play for me tonight.

STL +106 (Tee Trail)

BAL/CLEV over 11 (how could you not take this based on the Balt trends)

GL with the SD play.

I played 1/2 unit on the over thinking off consecutive shutouts with some medicore SP we would see runs . Then as I dug deeper into started leaning UNDER 10 . My book site was down and couldnt get out of it or realize I actually had it in. Mostly pissed I didnt get to play HOUSTON over and 1st 5 over at ++ money was very nice......

Still alive just need 1 big inning ...push is fine with me:cheers:

One of my books was down earlier today also...being from the same area as you, maybe we play at the same place. :cheers:

Shitty part is I was so afraid MILW would score 1st . Happy it was after the 5th but really need some SD LIFE !! Of corse couple more outs as well to get to the b2nd

Back