Thursday MLB Discussion Thread

Card is a mess with all the DHs. Can’t accurately confirm what starters are starting which games. Seeing different everywhere

Took Reds -129 G1. Guessing that’s Sonny/Houser but if I get screwed with it being Miley instead, so be it

IF they all do play today then what was the point of yesterday.

Royally fucking up a amazing dfs lineup I had going by not getting any pitcher points of course! Cock suckers, I was in line to be a rare day I actually had a shot to get few nice cashes w mlb dfs which are incredibly few and far between for me!

How can ya not like the pirates/cards gm 1 under?

These 7 inning double headers only full game unders I been playing instead of Ff, at 1st was simply cause those tend to come out way later than the others, since it cause I havnt ran into any pen problems with these since obviously I’m expecting starter to get at least thru 5 and not seeing much/if any garbage middle relief. Only concern (and question) w these would be extra innings, I havnt seen it yet so curious does the extra inning rule kick in the 8th?

Far as this game itself. Really like what I’ve seen out of Kuhl, he has greatly limited his fastball usage which unless you been living under a rock means you know cards can’t hit off speed pitches! Can’t really see cards scoring more than 3-4 runs and that only if they can get him out the game by the 5th. Despite not hitting off speed I have been impressed w most the ABs cards taking, they been seeing a lot of pitches in important spots. Cards biggest problem right now is they love striking out with guy on 3rd less than 2 outs, it pathetic!! They also need someone behind goldy to at least make teams think about giving him something to hit! Miller been raking but let’s be real, nobody fears him!! That problem should rectify itself soon enough as I’d expect them to put dejung back in the cleanup spot he deserves to be in. I’m hoping that he been hitting lower down just to get his timing back not cause Shildt thinks he needs a lefty behind goldy? Anyways, the offense isn’t that scary and with the risp problems and kulh’s tweaked pitch usage I don’t expect many runs.

Kim velo been little low but think he stretching out more, don’t see him having a lot of problems with pirates lineup despite they hitting lefties better than righties, kinda odd since best 2 hitters (Bell not hitting like one of them) are lefties.

Feels like a 3-2 kinda game to me. Under 6.5

Last edited:
Gallen/Freeland FF under? Gallen is great. Freeland has been better than advertised. ARI 63 WRC+ vs lefties. Only problem is AZ dry air.

Gallen/Freeland FF under? Gallen is great. Freeland has been better than advertised. ARI 63 WRC+ vs lefties. Only problem is AZ dry air.

I keep wanting to believe snakes can still mash lefties but they damn near dead last in ops against so maybe they can’t! Def lean that way but havnt looked much yet cause I was doing dfs 1st and for some reason that game wasn’t included, they playing a dh?

IF they all do play today then what was the point of yesterday.

The point was to signal their virtue. Someone should let them know (all pro athletes) that it isn’t working. And not only is it not working, it’s going to be a detriment to their leagues, so it will have the exact opposite impact they claim to be hoping for.

anyone know who gonna start for muts?
I hope you mean mets. All I got. (quote from 2 days ago)

Van Wagenen said he was “hopeful” that David Peterson (left shoulder inflammation) and Michael Wacha (right shoulder inflammation) will be able to return from the injured list this week. Steven Matz, demoted to the bullpen last week, “may well need to be a starter we count on,” Van Wagenen added.

I hope you mean mets. All I got. (quote from 2 days ago)

Van Wagenen said he was “hopeful” that David Peterson (left shoulder inflammation) and Michael Wacha (right shoulder inflammation) will be able to return from the injured list this week. Steven Matz, demoted to the bullpen last week, “may well need to be a starter we count on,” Van Wagenen added.

You gotta think they know by now, sure would be nice if they let us in on the damn secret!

Freeland surface stats and record point to being better in day (I disregarded last year) but diving deeper I’d say that little misleading, not that he bad. Not worried bout the air, both accustomed to pitching bunch of games at couple the worst pitchers parks in the league. Freeland has only allowed a .637 ops his 5 starts at chase! Even last year he was pretty good there. I like it too.

hard to resist Freeland at nearly 140 when ARI has lost 8 in a row no matter how good Gallen is

God damn, I havnt been totally ignoring things last week but didn’t realize they have been sucking so much! 6 runs in 5 games at oak and sf? Jesus. Only had 1 yesterday until they were down a ton late. Hard to argue with the plus money. As good gallen been I don’t think he been credited with a decision yet on the year!

Padres vs Mariners

Mariners look to build on their 4 game winning streak
they have scored 22 runs in their last 3 games and 4 or more runs in 6 of their last 8 games
Kikuchi is 0-2 with a 6.30 ERA Richards is 7-4 with a 3.26 ERA and 91 strikeouts vs the Mariners
Padres are 8-1 in their last 9 interleague games,6-1 in their last 7 home games and 7-1 in their last 8 overall
over is 11-4-1 in Mariners last 16 road games
over is 6-2 in Padres last 8 overall. Mariners are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings in San Diego and 2-7 in the last 9 meetings.

it's been that way every game against TB and while they swept the first series, the last two nights they keep blowing it and i don't see why they won't do that again.

Tough part with the 2020 extra innings rules, you only have 9 innings to win with a +180 road dog. Hard to do

Pit/stl gm1 u6.5
Rox/snakes Ff u4
Rox fg +135
O’s Ff +155
O’s +178

Looks like my card. Maybe a nats/jays ml parlay too.

it's been that way every game against TB and while they swept the first series, the last two nights they keep blowing it and i don't see why they won't do that again.

Tough part with the 2020 extra innings rules, you only have 9 innings to win with a +180 road dog. Hard to do

They been close and I like the pitching matchup much better today.

How can ya not like the pirates/cards gm 1 under?

These 7 inning double headers only full game unders I been playing instead of Ff, at 1st was simply cause those tend to come out way later than the others, since it cause I havnt ran into any pen problems with these since obviously I’m expecting starter to get at least thru 5 and not seeing much/if any garbage middle relief. Only concern (and question) w these would be extra innings, I havnt seen it yet so curious does the extra inning rule kick in the 8th?

Far as this game itself. Really like what I’ve seen out of Kuhl, he has greatly limited his fastball usage which unless you been living under a rock means you know cards can’t hit off speed pitches! Can’t really see cards scoring more than 3-4 runs and that only if they can get him out the game by the 5th. Despite not hitting off speed I have been impressed w most the ABs cards taking, they been seeing a lot of pitches in important spots. Cards biggest problem right now is they love striking out with guy on 3rd less than 2 outs, it pathetic!! They also need someone behind goldy to at least make teams think about giving him something to hit! Miller been raking but let’s be real, nobody fears him!! That problem should rectify itself soon enough as I’d expect them to put dejung back in the cleanup spot he deserves to be in. I’m hoping that he been hitting lower down just to get his timing back not cause Shildt thinks he needs a lefty behind goldy? Anyways, the offense isn’t that scary and with the risp problems and kulh’s tweaked pitch usage I don’t expect many runs.

Kim velo been little low but think he stretching out more, don’t see him having a lot of problems with pirates lineup despite they hitting lefties better than righties, kinda odd since best 2 hitters (Bell not hitting like one of them) are lefties.

Feels like a 3-2 kinda game to me. Under 6.5

how did I know asking bout extras Wes of course gonma lead to a 1-1 game going fucking over, unreal.

With those 2 shitbag offenses there no reason shoulda been that many runs just cause inning starts w guys on 2nd. I was honestly more worried they both get 1 across and it go another round. But no, pirates string together bunch of bloop hits to go with cards shoddy defense. Had it not been for our crappy d cards woulda won 1-0 in 7. Rona has really hurt us on defense.

You gotta be fucking joking, I put in several hours of work on card and dfs lineups and some these assholes decide to cancel games out of nowhere again? What the fuck Is wrong with these clowns? Really don’t understand why fuckin us over is the answer to punk ass police I don’t like any more than them?!?!??!?

And why it so damn random? Milw playing today but Nats cancel? They don’t say shit bout it till after I’ve put in bunch of work: pisses me off.

yeah these ppd's have been brutal, but i guess we're lucky that we're not targeted by police so i can't complain

speak for yourself! Lol. I know there been times it def been worse for me had I been black and once or twice got away with something I wouldn’t have in certain area, but I also been harassed a bunch!!

Back