Thursday Independence Day MLB Discussion

Also the stadium in which DiMaggio couldn't quite get to 57.

I know you guys who have watched Mark Reynolds on a daily basis in prior years warned me about this, but right now guy seems like he's never seen a baseball before.

On the cubs and oakland not sure what to make of that game. Wood conti ues to do his job and Straily u predicatble as ever...

On the tribe ...I never seen a game ohtside of NY stadiums probably my biggest regret never seeing sone of the old parks. As a fan same deal for me can't recall much from 77 to 81 can remember from 82 on when I was 7 turning 8 and an awful year. Probably go w Hargrove and Traschel as the two slowest players in terms of the human rain delay..those early 90s teams were awesome..sad though I never saw some of the old parks and in contrast been to like 10 nfl stadiums

I saw the indians - cubs HOF game in Cooperstown think it was 1988...maybe CLE had Ron Kittle on that team...lol

Kittle, Indians, '88 sounds about right. Best/worst in the era of free agency (best for comedy, worst for the Indians) was Keith Hernandez at the end of his rope. DL all year, pumping pigs he picked up in the flats, smoking heaters in the clubhouse, stealing a million bucks.

Tribe inked Keith for one year in 1990. From wiki ...

Cleveland Indians[edit]

Hernandez signed with the Cleveland Indians for the 1990 season. He appeared in 45 games for the Tribe, batting only .200 with one home run and eight RBIs. He retired at the end of the season.

I never liked Hernandez probably because he would get compared to Mattingly ...and Mattingly was today's Jeter just the squeaky clean great player and Hernandez had like thay ARod type attitude in a sense where he believed his hype and granted Hernandez was not a statistical monster for any era but he thought he was great....those terrible FA signings of aging stars usually signal the end of a franchises misery it seems.

Padres never had a chance

926 Boston Red Sox
Dana DeMuth 2013: 6-6, 5-7 o/u (2012: 18-17, 15-17 o/u)
Red Sox are 15-3 in their last 18 games with DeMuth behind home plate.
Over is 9-3 in DeMuths last 12 Padres games behind home plate.
Over is 8-3 in DeMuths last 11 Red Sox games behind home plate.

Lean or thinling about the over @ texas. I've liked fading texas this series because texas just not hitting bit Iwakuma allowing a lot of HRs lately could be a cure all in a sense. Like how Perez is throwing but may not need much from seattle

Having a guy like Stutls who was so good for so long but poor last time in a bad park today, certainly set them up for fail too...people / bettors have expectations for Stults based on past performance and that's the tricky part finding out when regression is about to happen

Pass @ oakland...not sure about the total because wood gets terri le run support nd oaklnd has had their share of 4 run or less vs lhp lately...would rather play cubs if anything

There's 2 teams who shit their pants when they play the Yankees: the Blow Jobs and Minneshitter. So it makes sense this season that the Yankees are

12-1 SU vs the Blow Jobs & Minneshitter (taking it for granted Minny doesn't come back today)
34-38 SU vs everybody else

Yankees cursing the fact they simply can't alternate series against those 2 opponents for the rest of the season, instead having to be content with a mere 14 games remaining, in which they'll probably go 11-3 SU at worst.

I know you guys who have watched Mark Reynolds on a daily basis in prior years warned me about this, but right now guy seems like he's never seen a baseball before.

Just swung feebly at strike three, pitch was in the other batter's box.

Colorado this season off 3 straight losses...
has gone 0-3 SU when held to 1 run or less
has gone 7-0 SU when allowed to score at least 2 runs: avg TT of 6.43 rpg, 6 wins by 2+ runs.

With Capuano toeing the rubber you would expect them to score at least 2 runs.

10-2 run to close it out .......this is baseball right ? lol

kelley closes the door ..no Mo for the 9th (assuming)...pitched every game this series

Is the trend if the SP stink, the pens not so good dnd the total 9 or less play the over? Sorry just having some fun w something I see as silly

Damn Nut...was rooting for ya...what do you think about the kid on the mound for Miami tonight?...don't think Teheran should ever be that pricey

Damn Nut...was rooting for ya...what do you think about the kid on the mound for Miami tonight?...don't think Teheran should ever be that pricey

agree that number is out of control (got to go RL or -1 if backing ATL) but Miami last in league in OPS vs. RHP and Teheran over the last month has been one of best SP in MLB (32 IP, 37/4 K/BB, 0.93 WHIP)

Thx Mulligan....probably a moot point with mother nature... but unfamiliarity of young stud on hump had me intrigued

I'm fading Miami here...Alvarez made just 4 rehab starts and only 2 in A ball and 2 in AA. His last was pretty damn good going 7+ scoreless...its july he was injured and imo just way way behind ....this start alone is progress, a moral victory if you will....I'm not crazy confidemt in atlanta or teheran but only twice last 10 strts did any team break 3 runs in the final score..

Braves -1.5 7u
1st inn yes score 2u
over braves tt 5u

playing this over and the over @ coors

some concern but going to ride this with y'all

Sea OPS been through the roof last week and Iwakuma been showing signs of being mortal (actually more worried about Tex putting up #'s personally).

really like the over @ Coors...bit more worried about LAD (who've been on fire) if Puig is out although Hanley has been amazing.

some concern but going to ride this with y'all

Sea OPS been through the roof last week and Iwakuma been showing signs of being mortal (actually more worried about Tex putting up #'s personally).

really like the over @ Coors...bit more worried about LAD (who've been on fire) if Puig is out although Hanley has been amazing.

puig playing, i wasnt gonna touch if i didnt see him in a lineup..

was thinking about yes score in 1st inning of tex gm then chasing for a run every inning until i get 1 since i have that gm available live..

I don't have a feel for that prop @ texas. Played in Atlanta because it was his live action vs major league hitters in a long time...

Add
rocks ml 5u and over tt 5u
over 6u

GL

Definitely hoping that Iwakuma allows some poorly timed HRs but Perezhaas been real good his last 2

he has been good but to be expected against cards cause they make every lefty look like a hof'er.. not fan of cincy vs lefties either but then again i just named 2 lineups that much better then sea, lol.. do agree with what rex said that the more film teams see the more he will get hit. iwakuma has looked more human of late and this rangers 3rd crack at him this season and this time in arlington...played tex ff -.5 and rl as well..

Agreed. Good Luck...

I'm not a big believer in worrying about stuff like film on a pitcher. Everyday of a players career is about making adjustments. So they have to learn to deal w that(always). Just my take on the subject.

Back