Thursday Independence Day MLB Discussion

when we were younger that shit was not as common as now...but def have add and bipolar as 1/2 fam (younger ones) have half of each...thats baby bro (baseball player) problem...had problems w/ juco cause of grades but did eventually qualify...now grown, chasin ass and makin $ more important...for now...

All things I learned about myself after 9/11 and definitely things that run in the family. Like you said none of this stuff really diagnosed when we were kids. I probably lost out on getting drafted because of being un-diagnosed bipolar and ADD . Near impossible to be consistent at anything , let alone be a top athlete(yet I still was but could have been so much more). Was reading old articles about playing baseball and saw one about when I signed in college.......said something like its not official some things still have to be worked it out ......lol.....that was basically my future coach saying his grades aren't really good enough to get in so we will see if we can make it work..I was always a little to "good" at things for people to dig deeper.....blessed w a strong arm could just throw the ball by everybody most of the time from 9 till college ended but there were always bad days sprinkled in.....my grades sucked from 14 on...awful at times but admin talk to me and see I'm intelligent just giving you the you need to work harder , make a better effort speech .....same on the baseball field if I stumbled...

but I accepted that all a long time ago as That's Life ......if you had all the answers in a timely fashion then life would be easy. the great thing is you never know what tmrw will bring ...

U are too kind p2..

I'm sure we can get biff to post more. Ya'll good peeps and nice to actually talk baseball w ppl that know it opposed to dealin w some of the crap at the other place.

Interesting...Played baseball in college too, topped out at 93 at 19...Downfall from there, hurt the arm, was never the same and just got drunk all the time. Went into Army at 21 and 911 hit while in boot camp. Crazy times after that, but, glad it worked out the way it did.

new yorker and fam is...all nyy fans, im only bos fan in fam...prolly cause went thru hard times (Physical and mental...i guess) in 4th grade for year or longer...lived in bos child hosp...pops c's fan, so that prolly played part too

at some point I was def confused to how you were a Boston fan or that you were actually from NY.....my hard times are what made me who I am and as a person definitely proud of who I am (corny)..lol

I was talking w my friends dad last night and he was telling me how he grew up at the YMCA (literally). His dad was one of 11 kids and taken out of the families custody and he grew up and lived in a Brooklyn YMCA back in the late 50s and early 60's.......my dad was born and raised in the projects( not to sound racist but as a white kid )....Fort Greene were Biggie Smalls was from.......very crazy backgrounds for middle class people to come from....so I get the family craziness because things dont change over night from dirt poor beginnings and also likely to have issues coming from that ....that's why I never judge people on stuff like that ...

really that's cool....it's weird you rarely meet anyone w the same birthday
......least I never do

Had a classmate from junior high that shared same bday n year as me...lost touch after we went to highschool...and we both chinese...lol

think we share same bday as nixon r some other president

Interesting...Played baseball in college too, topped out at 93 at 19...Downfall from there, hurt the arm, was never the same and just got drunk all the time. Went into Army at 21 and 911 hit while in boot camp. Crazy times after that, but, glad it worked out the way it did.

me too....hardest I knew I threw officially was 93 but I was 21 in FLA on spring trip for baseball....bit of a funny story....came in relief vs Columbia just to get work last day of our trip....I felt good. Knew I was throwing gas but the ump was squeezing me bad ..I may have walked 3 and K'd 3 in 1 inning but I swear I was painitng the black......anyway after the game at the hotel , downstairs w one of the guys on my team ....playing some video game ...some Columbia guys come up to us start talking about the game...the kid goes who was that last guy who came in ? He was throwing gas, the Mets scout was there to watch one of our guys but he had that last guy at 92,93 consistently and is going to follow him. So how was the last kid? My friend was like it's him..lol......

So get back to NY its like 40 everyday.....pitch like shit 1st start back....I mean shit @ Marist .....then I pitch an inn of relief mid week ..nothing special...that was it he followed me for 2 games and it may have been a diff scout not sure really (cross checker or something)....anyway conference play starts weather is nicer ....1st game after those 2 ......1 hitter K like 10....following start 1 hitter K lik 13....no one there to see......had about 3 eperiences like that in college....was either that yr or previous FLA trip Jason Grilli beat us 7-0 ..

cant say what I ever topped out at but know I hit 93 consistently on a scouts gun ...my AL Bundy Polk High story flashback

always thought their was something "different" about those of us who were sports investors over the long-term...

above avg intelligence and also above avg "issues" ... especially (proud) degenerates like myself :)

wish i knew my boyz sn and moose back in day...i coulda been like jay z in agent biz...much respect for ctg grinders...bol peeps :cheers:

I'm fading Miami here...Alvarez made just 4 rehab starts and only 2 in A ball and 2 in AA. His last was pretty damn good going 7+ scoreless...its july he was injured and imo just way way behind ....this start alone is progress, a moral victory if you will....I'm not crazy confidemt in atlanta or teheran but only twice last 10 strts did any team break 3 runs in the final score..

Braves -1.5 7u
1st inn yes score 2u
over braves tt 5u

over Rangers/Mariners 7u
over 2 Hrs +110 (3u)
Rocks ML 5u
over TT 5u
over 6u

so was down 4u before the braves....lost 12.5 on that and won about 26.5 on the other 2 games.....making it another +10 u day ......

Nice job sportsnut, I grabbed a little of rox ff and gm thanx to u and someone else convincing me..

at some point I was def confused to how you were a Boston fan or that you were actually from NY.....my hard times are what made me who I am and as a person definitely proud of who I am (corny)..lol

I was talking w my friends dad last night and he was telling me how he grew up at the YMCA (literally). His dad was one of 11 kids and taken out of the families custody and he grew up and lived in a Brooklyn YMCA back in the late 50s and early 60's.......my dad was born and raised in the projects( not to sound racist but as a white kid )....Fort Greene were Biggie Smalls was from.......very crazy backgrounds for middle class people to come from....so I get the family craziness because things dont change over night from dirt poor beginnings and also likely to have issues coming from that ....that's why I never judge people on stuff like that ...
dont be confused bout being bos fan...my fam still doesnt get it either, i always sport something w/ a b...have many bos kicks, whole 9...so today went to fam bbq decked out in bos tee and kicks and caught a ton of heat...my 11 yo cuz put a sign on my car..."Go Nyy...Boston sucks"...wow, wtf...lol, good for her

dont be confused bout being bos fan...my fam still doesnt get it either, i always sport something w/ a b...have many bos kicks, whole 9...so today went to fam bbq decked out in bos tee and kicks and caught a ton of heat...my 11 yo cuz put a sign on my car..."Go Nyy...Boston sucks"...wow, wtf...lol, good for her

I grew up a C's fan because of Bird, McHale, Parrish. Plus those days shit wasn't televised...those mid 80 Knicks who was watching Pat Cummings ! so when you saw NBA stuff it was more Boston then anything else on the East Coast ...most I ever cared about college hoops was when Mullin and Ewing were in the Big East.

smart, smart girl :)

so i cashed on col and tex and really,really need stl...4u ml and parlays w/ col and tex...leggo!!!

Pisses me off when they send wainwright back out in 9th then pull him cause of a bloop hit? Never understand that.

Hamilton finally did something good for me. I was bored on the train from the fireworks and put in angels 2h +160. Hope they pull this out

Have Hamilton on my fantasy team might slowly be coming out of it after the cortisone shot.....mujica been iffy I agree I stashed Rosenthal but him too......

I'm all about the Cards.....let's go !! My fantasy team started going yard late......Beltre pair, Cuddyer , Adrian Gonzalez and now Hamilton

It's definitely silly but it is what most managers do ..I'm tellin you the more information you give people the stupider they are !! They have stats for everything( sabermetrics), pitch count and fundamentals across the board suck !

or bring in a LH for Hamilton then Mujica

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: ysprow2, bgcolor: #F6F7F2"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: yspsctbg, bgcolor: #666666"]
[TD="class: ysptblhdr, colspan: 19"]2013 Split Stats[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ysptblthbody1, bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl, align: left"] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]G[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]AB[/TD]