Thursday 02/04/16 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - THU 2/4[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 2/4[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 2/4[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+10.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]New Orleans Pelicans[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-10.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 2/4[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 2/4[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]707[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]708[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+9 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

First looks. Pistons, Pelicans, Blazers, rockets.

The Knicks are in a bad place right now.

The rockets need to keep the foot on the gas up until the ASB and I think their energy carries over from the other night.

I like the Suns at the moment. Morris played last game as if his life depended on that...

Only game of interest to me Thursday is Toronto vs. Portland. I'm leaning Portland who is 14-6 ATS last 20 at home on Thursdays (Edit: and 18-2 SU!!!) and has won four straight meetings.

Last edited:
Entertainment wise, these games are pretty crappy. But if you can make money somewhere, it's all good.

And now the three worst officials in the league, according to players and coaches we surveyed:
1. Scott Foster, with 24 votes.
2. Lauren Holtkamp, with 14 votes.
3. Marc Davis, with 12 votes.
Here is an example:
Chris Paul did his best to avoid a fine for post-game comments on a late-game technical foul in Wednesday's loss to the Timberwolves.
Paul received a late-game technical foul from referee Lauren Holtkamp, but was measured in explaining the call. "It's crazy," Paul said. "I guess it was for what I said." Asked what he said, Paul said, "Nothing. I said nothing." Paul has a history with Holtkamp, so was smart to avoid elaborating on his feelings. Paul scored 22 points with four rebounds, eight assists, two steals, and four treys in the loss and is a must-start option as long as he's healthy.

Not that I care, since I had Wolves +11 (that I doubt they would have lost anyway, but here is why players said she is bad:

Holtkamp, 35, is in her second season in the NBA.
"Take the female part aside, she's just new," a player said. "But with her, I thought she took it a little bit personal, thinking players talk to her the wrong way. When you're young, like an NBA player or a ref, you've got to come in seeking knowledge. You can't come in blowing the whistle. She came in like, 'I'm a female and you're not going to talk a certain way to me.' No one called her a bad name. No one disrespected her. It's her terrible calls."
"She's got no feel for the game and she's terrible," a head coach said.

Only game of interest to me Thursday is Toronto vs. Portland. I'm leaning Portland who is 14-6 ATS last 20 at home on Thursdays (Edit: and 18-2 SU!!!) and has won four straight meetings.

Lots of angles support this including ref tendencies for short home favorites

Holtkamp is a bitch. Its understandable why she acts she does.... because she thinks she has to because shes surrounded by men.... but she has it all wrong... yesterday's call was over the line, way over the line....

but the clippers heads were elsewhere last night... probably because of their upcoming east conference RT

Rockets are 17-3 to Over L20 & 12-1 to Over L13 vs. the West.

Last 3 meetings (& 5 of the L6) between the 2 teams have gone Over.

Phoenix has had only 3 games with totals lined higher than this one all season: all 3 went Over.

Phoenix games lined 210.5 or higher this season have gone 8-1 to Over (sole Under involved their holding their opponent to 88 pts @home).

Rockets start out slow, so Bickerstaff benches all the starters 3 minutes in. Where amazing happens...

SVG with the answer to get the cover.

Should never have had to sweat that one out. TNT special.

Raptors/Blazers will be a very good game. The rest not so much. Pels blowout IMO

Yeap... Looks like it's going to be a blowout... Pels can't get it to single digits even. Each time it goes back to 10...

This win can be very costly for the Lakers... really hope Scott will find a way to lose this one!

Lakers can't catch a break. Davis misses a dunk, completely open (wasn't a Laker on the entire half I think) and Russel makes a lay up on the other hand. Instead of 3 points lead, it's 7 points lead...

"We got to come up with something, we are running out of time" - great advice by Gentry in time out...
"We got to get stops" - the other gem by him...
Great advice from head coach with game on the line...

Wow... 21 seconds to go, Pels down two and won't foul and won't press... They simply let Kobe run down the clock down to 6 seconds (and foul him then)! Maybe that's something that Gentry needed to talk about in timeout... that they got to foul....

I had no bet down the stretch, but that was the most suspicious-looking game I have seen this season, and not because of the refs...

I took Pels ML live (and +4.5), so came even in the end, but Pels are horrible and so hard to trust with your money. Learning each every time.

Divol the Pels on paper are a terrible group of players right now. It's not a good compliment of players. I feel bad for AD because the talent around him is not a recipe for success. There's very little consistency in the lineups and these guys getting all these minutes are Role players.

Divol the Pels on paper are a terrible group of players right now. It's not a good compliment of players. I feel bad for AD because the talent around him is not a recipe for success. There's very little consistency in the lineups and these guys getting all these minutes are Role players.

I can't agree. AD is a monster and when they lose to the Spurs, I get it, but even with all the injures, no way in hell, Pels roster is worse than Lakers roster at the moment and they been terrible all the way... It's not like they lost to the Warriors and I'm shocked. Better roster, at home, with better motivation losing... And it's not the first time... they are 20 - 29 ATS and 6 - 11 ATS as favorites. They are 9 - 8 SU as favorites after tonight's loss and it was their biggest spread all season long and they lost it SU as well as ATS...

Kobe been so amazing lately and youngsters are playing better, but against good teams, they can't do too much, as we saw in the loss to the Bulls and the Clips just not long ago.

I might feel stupid later on this season or next season, since no one will fire Gentry I guess, but if I'm Pels GM, I would fire him on the spot. Monty had the same depleted and injured roster that Gentry has and you just can't compare what he managed to do with that roster and the mistakes Gentry makes. If I'm Pels GM, I'm begging Monty to come back. I wrote it after they fired him, that I felt it was a mistake...

I took Pels ML live.
Gentry is worst coach in the league right now
. Byron is just behind him. Gentry make's dump decisions with lineup and today's last call for 3 pointer was another example. Pelican's are joke right now.

Back