Week 9 Discussion Thread

Jets game is a tough one, but I’m not sure I agree the line is begging for Jets money. Sure, they have been giant killers this year, but the public is going to remember how bad the Jets looked last week against the Giants and how good the chargers looked against the Bears. They will look at this game as Herbert vs Wilson, a huge mismatch. This is also a “get back to .500” game for Chargers which will draw a lot of attention. I think the line is right to get close to even action, and there will prob be more bets on Chargers than on Jets come Monday.

I think everyone would agree the Jets wins this season are way more impressive than Chargers (Minny, LV, Chi). I’m trying to figure out exactly how good this Chargers team is and I keep seeing them as an 8-9 team. Huge advantage Chargers offense over Jets offense but the Jets - like Pittsburgh - just keep lucking into wins and for whatever reason the Chargers do not. And that has been a trend for this Chargers team for a while now. Really tough game for me, but would lean towards taking the pts. No bet yet.

Someone tell me why Bills/Bengals o49.5 isn't POY material. Good ol fashion Public square af over.

AJ Klein hurt his back in practice wed & didn't practice thurs. Can't believe it actually matters but with this already thin Bills LB core it def does.

The Bills d is what it is at this point. If the D line can disrupt the game they'll be ok. If they don't get pressure without blitzing it's curtains. I tend to think they will struggle scheming to take away Chase. They did well lw vs Evans because they really didn't have a huge threat from the run game. I could see Cincy moving the ball well underneath and then taking shots with Chase/Higgins. Rasul plays or not does it matter? Bills gotta score 27+ to win. Possibility if someone gets up 2 scores they try to take the air out of the ball. Also the Allen turnover in the RZ chances, but something is telling me there will be points.

My heart want to straight bet Buffalo but honestly it's a coin flip at best. Already got down on the TT over and considering my first teaser of the year with Buff+pts & over.
i prefer the under in that one. if we take away 1 game - the patriots game - the bills defense has been kinda good.

bills offense has been worse this year then last year

bengals offense if we take away 1 game, the 49ers, has been deplorably bad. bengals haven't been able to run the ball all year so it's not an ideal matchup to run at bills weakness.

on the season as a whole its a bills side and under; if the bengals have turned a corner, everything goes wrong

It’s a non story here at this point. He removed the post and addressed it right away and said it wasn’t about football. I don’t believe it either (why would he remove the post if it wasn’t about football?), but do believe they are over it. Hopefully it leads to KP8 looking his way more.

i prefer the under in that one. if we take away 1 game - the patriots game - the bills defense has been kinda good.

bills offense has been worse this year then last year

bengals offense if we take away 1 game, the 49ers, has been deplorably bad. bengals haven't been able to run the ball all year so it's not an ideal matchup to run at bills weakness.

on the season as a whole its a bills side and under; if the bengals have turned a corner, everything goes wrong
The Bills are the #4 scoring team in the NFL just ahead of the Niners. I think there is a misconception here that the offense has taken a huge step back but I think they are just starting to gel. 12 personnel was not doing them any favors.

As far as D they are completely different after the Miami game. Too many players down to be able to turn in a dominant performance vs a good offense. Jax picked them apart if you were watching the game it was obvious. Ridley had them shook- that was when we all knew Elam was a definite bust. Biggest was them unable to stop the run but if Trevor can male the plays I think Burrow will do ok.

Since the Jax loss they've played the two bottom offensive scoring teams and TB which is #27. Oh and the Pats put up 25 vs them.

The Bills D is anything but good right now. If I was grading them I would still give the D line a B. Oliver is having a good season & rousseau is good. Losing daQuan Jones was huge they were dominating inside with him. I think Von is likely washed, hoping he can prove otherwise but I have yet to see anything promising.

Linebackers- Bernard has been way better than anyone would have thought but they have zero depth- Dodson & Dorian williams both starting when they were supposed to be coming off the bench. Important to note that AJ Klein & spector are both out so there is one backup LB available. AJ Klein is jeckyl/Hyde but has made some big splash plays filling in. They are crazy thin.

As far as the D backfield, I guess we'll see if Rasul makes a difference but Poyer has lost a step and Cincy wrs are about as big a test you can ask for. Taron does great in the slot but I have my doubts about the secondary tonight.

KC/Miami game should be entertaining. @Capaholic been waiting for you to chime in!

I keep seeing posts like Miami needs it more because they can't lose to Buffalo/Philly & KC. Also seeing no way KC loses two in a row Miami hasn't beat a good team etc.

The Fins could easily drop this one and be fine with Raiders, Commanders, Titans, Jets 2x on deck. At the same time they are getting back some key players. IMO none of it matters if KC can get in Tua's face early.

I don't think we have seen the "statement" KC game yet this season this could be it. Defense has been playing well only allowing over 20 pts twice. Chris Jones could be trouble for Tua.

I'm on KC tt over & Kelce props. Miami hasn't been able to stop a top receiver all season long and Kelce hasn't had a 2td game yet. I'm on his 2td prop as well as yds over

KC/Miami game should be entertaining. @Capaholic been waiting for you to chime in!

I keep seeing posts like Miami needs it more because they can't lose to Buffalo/Philly & KC. Also seeing no way KC loses two in a row Miami hasn't beat a good team etc.

The Fins could easily drop this one and be fine with Raiders, Commanders, Titans, Jets 2x on deck. At the same time they are getting back some key players. IMO none of it matters if KC can get in Tua's face early.

I don't think we have seen the "statement" KC game yet this season this could be it. Defense has been playing well only allowing over 20 pts twice. Chris Jones could be trouble for Tua.

I'm on KC tt over & Kelce props. Miami hasn't been able to stop a top receiver all season long and Kelce hasn't had a 2td game yet. I'm on his 2td prop as well as yds over

I am on KC today. I think you’re spot on

Someone tell me why Bills/Bengals o49.5 isn't POY material. Good ol fashion Public square af over.

AJ Klein hurt his back in practice wed & didn't practice thurs. Can't believe it actually matters but with this already thin Bills LB core it def does.

The Bills d is what it is at this point. If the D line can disrupt the game they'll be ok. If they don't get pressure without blitzing it's curtains. I tend to think they will struggle scheming to take away Chase. They did well lw vs Evans because they really didn't have a huge threat from the run game. I could see Cincy moving the ball well underneath and then taking shots with Chase/Higgins. Rasul plays or not does it matter? Bills gotta score 27+ to win. Possibility if someone gets up 2 scores they try to take the air out of the ball. Also the Allen turnover in the RZ chances, but something is telling me there will be points.

My heart want to straight bet Buffalo but honestly it's a coin flip at best. Already got down on the TT over and considering my first teaser of the year with Buff+pts & over.

I don’t think it a coon flip, better team at home. That said we could debate that all day but no point, I agree with you over seems like the play to me. Think both offenses are rounding into form while the d’s are both either banged up or works in progress, if they meet in playoffs I might feel way different but I think both teams scoring 24+ is bout as close to a slam dunk we get in the nfl!! Fuck worrying bout the side. Over and lots of props! Havnt started looking at those yet since it night game but I have no doubt I’ll be on at last 3-4-5 maybe. Several alt numbers as well!

Seems nuts to me to be playing anyone based off “needs it more”, that hilarious at this point in season. Only case for thst is I do think Miami needs home field in playoffs to have a shot of winning AFC, Tua and that offense ain’t built to be going to kc, Cincy, Buffalo in January. Still don’t think will have anything to do with what happens today, ultimately the result of this game means dick to me since these garbage oversees games usually don’t have much to do with who better, it has to do with who is better at the legistics and getting their body clocks right. That why I loved jags against your bills, nfl decided that gane the minute they made the schedule! Jags alresdy have a edge in those games, let them stay for 2 straight games and nobody beating them!!

@2daBank you liking Falcons today with the massive upgrade now at QB? Line seems short, though...

I really wish dobbs was starting and I’d love minny! Lol. I mean anyone in nfl better than Ridder but Vikings d has been good imo, so not sure I lOve Hienke, I do like Pitts quite a bit, he ne my biggest play in this game, maybe something w Bijan?

Back